Potential Pop Updates
Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:11 PM
Originally from here (QFC: 15-16-19-64214683, page 13).
I like these ideas, especially the one about giving Construction some use in ports. Maybe instead of cosmetic upgrades for the port portal requiring goods, they could require a Construction level instead and be "free". Jagex could also add more cosmetic options for ports, like changing the buildings' style, and make these require different Construction levels too. You could maybe get some modest Construction xp from making the cosmetic changes too
I would also like to see a method to check voyage progress remotely. Simply adding an estimated return time to the port book would make it easier to plan what to do while waiting for ships to come back, without having to journey to the actual port every time.
Would you like to see these changes & would you like anything else they haven't mentioned?
Join zchat friends chat in game!
Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:44 PM
Send a ship out for 6 hours and trade 500 jade for 1000 bamboo, or trade 500 gunpowder for 50-100 jade. (Keep the resource value equal to the return resource value).
There would be a slot, voyages, special voyages, and trade voyages.
This would make it better than going back to focus on a region, instead you could just send out a trade voyage. They would still be random, so a player couldn't choose what resources and the amount to trade.
B.I.G, Yeezy, Weezy, Drizzy, T-Raw, Jay, Barbie
Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:57 PM
I personally like the idea of unlocking new, visitable, islands. For example, completing a story (or two combined!) could give you access to a special island, with stuff like a resource dungeon. Heck, even an unlockable (high-end) quest could be a possible reward on one of these islands, but I do think that would upset most players. Either way, we definitely need visitable islands.
Finally, piratry needs to be added. Perhaps a PVP section battlefield, meaning your missions can give greater rewards but higher risk?
Retired Blogs Co-Leader & CL of Questions, my PM will always remain open
Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:23 PM
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”
Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:54 PM
Ex Leader of Forsaken
Mentor of Collision
Newfag of Dutch Generation
Looking for a active GMT and EST based Clan?
A Clan which has both Community Events and Wars almost daily?
Sent me a message for more info or check out Collision's recruitment topic by clicking here
Bas|Darkruler on IRC #Collision - www.col-rs.com
Check out my Goals & Achievements topic by clicking here
Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:32 PM
Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:17 PM
However, they aren't bad ideas. Really PoP are going to be dead content after people get what they aim for. I mean really, not much to do after maxing your buildings and collecting plates for armour.
Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:49 AM
Retired Blogs Co-Leader & CL of Questions, my PM will always remain open
Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:13 PM
Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:18 PM
Well, first off the skill actually has no use .
I remember buying planks and when they announced ports selling them for like 30M profit because people somehow got it in their mind it was a construction related mini-game. (Later finding out the construction D&D was god statues.)
I personally don't see much wrong with the D&D, besides a few things like how you can't actually visit any new area's and the seafaring imabalance I would say it's great.
A lot of people regard this as the best update of the year (2012) and after labeling it your favourite update I don't think there should be too much of a demand for 'fixes' or modifications to the gameplay itself.
Edit: Except for the fact like 30% of the traits that say they do something don't work at all, and the Jade statues give a 1% boost which doesn't round up, making it useless .
Edited by spoonheb, 10 February 2013 - 02:19 PM.
Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:53 PM
The time is so long that i just refresh missions just for the ones that has only 1 stat adversity because splitting crews could mean one boat would be pathetically weak, thus at least i could cover 3 missions in X hours....a day, rather than micromanaging RL stuff around Runescape which makes it much more intrusive than some D&Ds...and even Citadel.
Now, having another boat could let me do another mission in a theoretical day, but the gap is so close that it's just an endless cycle, plus Materials are seldom seen that it would take months just for a full set of armor, so not only Luck is involved, but also time, there just seems to be too much emphasis on the end rewards leading to months of obtaining nothing tangible for the time spent besides visiting Meg for a Pesudo-Randomly picked skill lamp every Wednesday.
Not to mention the overhanging feeling that Jagex had some hidden agenda with the update to either prolong the experienced old high level fanbase, or to simply screw with a few key markets just like what they planned with the impetuous impulses update...
- Adding Gem-Finding Scrimshaws made people go beserk for them, just for the low, low chance at obtaining Onyx to sell to the ge.
- The Tree-Shaking scrimshaw produces nests and implings randomly, supposedly Essence up to Kingly. (RS Wiki..unsure if it's fact or guessing), only thing that kills it is that you need net and jars to catch...
The Impetuous Impulses update added 3 new implings, Spirit, Kingly and Zombie Implings: Spirit was seen as a mostly junk impling that gave pathetic summoning seconds, empty pouches and -Trice eggs presumably to ruin the player junk market, Zombie Implings counts as a rare impling which would stunk the influx of Kinglies and Dragons whilst giving above average Bones...whilst people only wants the Blue Monkey Skull, Kingly Imps themselves has the possibility of Onyx which harmed the Onyx street price, later on it got even more harmed once the Fight Kiln was released.
Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:12 AM
1) Imagine a combat minigame within PoP where you have to defend your PoP against a sea monster like a kraken (think Clash of the Titans) or a giant squid or octopus (anyone remember the 1955 movie, "It Came From Beneath the Sea"). Improve on this idea by having a group of players invited into your PoP and all defending against this monster.
2) Connect PoP's for clans or friends.
3) When a spectacular failure occurs on a voyage, why does the ship always make it home. I think there should be a chance for all hands lost or the ship be destroyed and the player be required to build a new one. This would certainly make lifeboats critical for those missions that are iffy. It would also use up resources as crew, captain, and ship are replaced. As it stands now, I'm building up resources that I don't have any use for.
4) Have missions apply to other resources. For example, why not have a mission for 400 magic logs or 50 runite ore? It would at least add to the variety.
5) The best idea I would like to see is ship to ship combat between players. This could even be expanded to a challenge/betting system just like the fight arena. Morale, combat, and seafaring stats would all be applicable to ship-to-ship combat. I like the idea of firing cannons at a target that can fire back.
Virginity Cured. Castles Plundered.
No Brigandry Too Small. No Fee Too Large.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users