5 Billion Xp

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#1 Sean.

Sean.

• RS Name:lSeanl
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

So I don't know how many people have noticed this, but after a short break in early December Suomi has been back to getting insane amounts of experience everyday. At his current rate he will get his final 200m (Thieving) in 2 or 3 days. I think someone truely maxing out every skill is a pretty big deal for the game, and was wondering what everyone else thought about it.

Personally I find it hard to believe. Afterall it wasn't that many years ago that the first player passed the 2 billion xp mark.  I'm not really someone who complains about Runescape being too easy, but clearly he has proven that xp rates that can be earned these days are crazy. I wonder what the people over at Jagex would say about the fact that 5 billion is even attainable. Also, I think its hilarious that most players would still get way more excited if they saw Zezima than Suomi.

But I can't help feel kind of bad for Suomi. He has been chasing all 200m for years now. And now that he is finally going to finish it, a new skill is only a few months away.

Posted Image

#2 Ankit

Ankit

You're looking at greatness.

• RS Name:Ankit
  • Clan:Solace

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

I thought he quit lol

Proud Solace Legendary Member
June 12, 2010 - February 14, 2013

#3 Loco.

Loco.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

Dude dedicated his life to rs, so congrats to him

Posted Image

#4 Goz

Goz

I Got It

• RS Name:Goz
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:VR
  • Team:Goz Gang

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

I think he said hes only returned to finish off the 5B exp goal then retire again. Also Zezima held rank 1 for a very long time when having 99s, high stats and 200m exps was actually quite rare and appreciated. Not to mention it was during a time when RS had its biggest playerbase. So I dont find it surprising that people get more excited over him rather than Suomi.

[Violent Resolution] http://www.vr-rs.com/forums/

Posted Image

Posted Image

League of Legends NA @ WSTN

Spoiler

#5 Black

Black

• RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

View PostSean., on 06 February 2013 - 11:18 PM, said:

But I can't help feel kind of bad for Suomi. He has been chasing all 200m for years now. And now that he is finally going to finish it, a new skill is only a few months away.

His WHOLE  life is RuneScape he probably is glad these 2 skills came out so he can not only slave them to 200m but try get there first in hopes of feeling an achievement euphoria and bringing purpose back to his shallow life again.

Edited by Blackenese, 09 February 2013 - 07:45 AM.

Posted Image

#6 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

Big props to that man. He deserves it.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#7 Zephyr Zephyr

Zephyr Zephyr

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:51 AM

Zezima is the best there ever was and ever will be.

Could care less what this new kid does. I don't view 5b xp as an accomplishment. I view it as a waste.
Posted Image

Referral links are not allowed - Ramu  OK

#8 Normanator

Normanator

Drop it like its hot

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:45 AM

Suomi is a changed display name isnt it? Zezima is a one of a kind which was never changed ;)

Goodstuff to the 5b xp, but like somepeople said, skilling was harder years ago, and for people to have maxed out back then was a big deal. Especially now days when theres lik 1000+ people who have max total levels, you never saw anyone with maxed total level back then, so more people remember.

Posted Image

#9 Own_Style

Own_Style

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:23 AM

Zezima is the best there ever was
and ever will be.
I have removed your signature as it breaks the forum rules. Please read this thread for details.
-Justin
Spoiler

#10 ruts etnies

ruts etnies

playing since '03

• RS Name:Ruts
  • Clan:/

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:54 AM

Grtz to soumi, he worked hard for it and he will finally get 5B xp.
About you talking it's a pity for him that there will be a new skill out very soon. What should he do when he's 5B total xp, maybe  he is happy because there is still something he can do.

But I do think that runescape becomes to easy. I do like training fast, but I rather see someone with a runecrafting cape back in the days which makes me think damn that's a nice cape that dude got to have worked hard for it. Nowadays there is no single 99 stat that impresses me much.

And if there will come a pre-2006 server by jagex he can maybe max on that server to. :XD:

Edited by ruts etnies, 07 February 2013 - 04:09 AM.

#11 Kaur

Kaur

• Clan:RSD
  • Team:Team NH

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:11 AM

View PostNormanator, on 07 February 2013 - 02:45 AM, said:

Suomi is a changed display name isnt it? Zezima is a one of a kind which was never changed ;)

Goodstuff to the 5b xp, but like somepeople said, skilling was harder years ago, and for people to have maxed out back then was a big deal. Especially now days when theres lik 1000+ people who have max total levels, you never saw anyone with maxed total level back then, so more people remember.
No, it's original. Protip: You can't have multi-spaced display names unless it's also your login.

As for exp being easier now. Are you kidding me? It does not even matter when it comes to astronomical amounts such as 5bil. It still takes 5 years of constant nolife. 5 years now or 5 years couple years ago, does not matter.
Posted Image
Coming soon from Jagex Software! Runescape, our massive multiplayer adventure. Trade and communicate with other players. Learn skills to earn money, or if you're brave attempt to find riches in the dungeons. Your charactor will continue to evolve and improve the more you play, with quests to complete for extra rewards. Choose good or evil the choice is entirely yours!

#12 Tok3d

Tok3d

Yeah..

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:52 AM

View PostZephyr Zephyr, on 07 February 2013 - 12:51 AM, said:

Zezima is the best there ever was and ever will be.

Could care less what this new kid does. I don't view 5b xp as an accomplishment. I view it as a waste.

No, Bret Hart was the best there Is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Also, why are you calling suomi a kid? Are you a kid yourself?.

#13 Canadian B

Canadian B

Team Motocross

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:30 AM

Been watching him on runetracker, he's been getting like 3-4m thief xp consistently for a few weeks now. It's amazing to be honest that someone can dedicate there whole life to just a game, its not even like he talks to people when training this intense. That would be considered a exp waste.

#14 Naffry

Naffry

• RS Name:Naffry
  • Clan:Clantast1c

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

Fair play to him, personally I could never stay that focused on a game. I end up playing Runescape for a few weeks solid and then go back to Fifa Ultimate Team and then swap again :P

#15 ToeJam

ToeJam

Finger Picking Good

• RS Name:ToeJam
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:06 AM

View PostSean., on 06 February 2013 - 11:18 PM, said:

You feel sorry for him because he'll have a new skill(s) to max out? I commend him for his dillergence... but I can't help wonder what pro-active things he could have done with that time to better himself (be it through health, social or depending on his economic status devoting his time to an education/work ladder promotion). It's hard to say things like this without sounding like a troll or being thought of as 'jelly' :lol: but there has to be a stage at which you realise that a hobby can become an unhealthy obsession... especially when the end result isn't of real tangable benifit to yourself or others.

Posted Image

#16 Attitude Era

Attitude Era

أسطورة

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:11 AM

he should get a degree in runescape engineering

#17 Aceman

Aceman

The King

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:11 AM

Of course people would be more excited to see if this was Zezima, n0v4, or The Old Nite because those are the people that were ranked high when they started. Personally I'd prefer any of those guys over suomi being the first one to max because he's done all the easy ways while they old school players maxed out difficultly and never asked for donations.

I couldn't care less about suomi because he didn't do all the work, he got donations constantly from everyone.

#18 CL Trevor

CL Trevor

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:14 AM

It's an amazing feat.

But on the subject of RuneScape being too easy; place yourself into his position. 28M Thieving experience (Week gain on Runetracker) is 4M experience per day. At Monkey Knife Fighters that's what, 250k experience an hour? 16 hours a day to complete just a small portion of 200M experience. There's not many people who can designate even 10 hours a day towards RuneScape. It's far from an easy task and will never, within this year at least, be matched.

If it's so easy, do it yourself and claim it afterwards, not while your total experience is more than likely under 1B.

- Member of Chivalry Legions - #CL on SeersIRC & SwiftIRC -

#19 Manga

Manga

『  』

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

Back in 2005 when nobody had a 200m skill I never though anyone would ever get anywhere near close to getting more than 2-3 it in this game.

☼ This never ever should have been, but that's the way it is ☼
Posted Image
Zchat Gold Star |Zybeznet Overseer|MM&D Staff|Global Moderator

#20 Brogusa

Brogusa

Friends, let's bring them Hell.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:00 AM

Well the bloke did say he'd never truly quit RS. But yeah . . . can't help but feel sorry for him. I mean, 5 billion XP is an insane achievement but like ToeJam said, I wonder what else he could've achieved if he devoted the time spent playing RS to reality.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: