Free Bank Booster For Members

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

Poll: This update (27 member(s) have cast votes)

How would you rate it?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Murdoc

Murdoc

D-FENS

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

Hi everyone,

We’re pleased to announce that we're offering all members a free Bank Booster +50 to thank them for their loyalty. This item can be found located alongside the existing Bank Boosters in Solomon’s General Store, but will have a price of 0 RuneCoins for members.

In autumn last year, we said we would make the Bank Boosters available in the Loyalty Shop, and we’re really sorry this didn’t happen. We intended to add this as a feature to the Loyalty Shop, but - upon investigation - we found that the coding required would be more extensive than we anticipated. As we're planning to totally revamp the Loyalty Shop in 2013 anyway, we held off adding the Bank Boosters in order to wait for the full overhaul.

That work is still in progress, though, and won’t be ready for some months, so we’ve decided to find another way to make good on our commitment: by adding a Bank Booster +50 free for members in Solomon’s General Store. It’s not quite the same thing, but it has additional upsides: there is no cost at all for members, there’s no need to spend loyalty points, and it’s available right now. Please accept our apologies and enjoy the free bank space.

We have big plans for a much-improved loyalty program for later on in the year, which will definitely include a more flexible way to get bank space with loyalty points. We’ll have more information for you on this in the next few months.

Thanks,

The RuneScape Team

Discuss this here.

Posted Image[/url]
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#2 Yuuki es rey

Yuuki es rey

Yuuki ♥

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

Useful. Nuff' said.
Posted Image

#3 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

• RS Status:Member

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

Didn't refund runecoins from premium membership if we already bought a bank booster.. what a scam.

Posted Image

Posted Image

~It's too late if it burns when you pee

#4 Maxsje

Maxsje

------

• RS Name:Maxsje
  • Clan:N/A

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

Surely there is a catch of some sort for accepting this mighty offer! But in all seriousness, I'll gladly take the 50 extra spots. For everyone else who wants to accept this and should not know how: to get the 50 spots just press the customisation interface button in-game, the shop can be opened as soon as you try to put something on you haven't bought yet as it will say "open shop" in the right bottom, in the Shop navigate to Services and select the bank booster which clearly costs 0 RuneCoins. :hat:

Posted Image

Edited by Maxsje, 05 February 2013 - 08:36 PM.

The Law my calling is, my robe, my tongue, my pen.

Current stats: View here
Current goal: 17/20 skills at 99 (Max2Max)

#5 Mike Wazowski

Mike Wazowski

Member of the Midnight Crew

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

Can't argue with this. Don't need them right now but you never know what I might pick up in the next few weeks.

Posted Image

Retired Global Moderator | Retired Achievements Co-Leader | Retired Aotm Leader

#6 Duckysaurus

Duckysaurus

Admiral

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

Nice to see they finally got around to releasing "bank boosts for the loyal"... sort of.

Hope the loyalty shop update will be worthwhile.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Johnyisbest

Johnyisbest

Im Awesome.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

Think I've got around 871? or something bank spaces now :-P

#8 George

George
  • RS Name:Gkef
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

Nice to see Solomon being considerate, offering more bank spaces so we will have place for more of his upcoming costume releases.

Edited by George, 05 February 2013 - 07:36 PM.

#9 The Major

The Major

Friends, let's bring them Hell.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

sweet :-D

well i already claimed my spaces. can't wait until the loyalty shop overhaul. i wonder if it'll come with the html5 change :woeh:

#10 Manga

Manga

『  』

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

For those who bought the bank space in the past, this is an extra 50 still.

☼ This never ever should have been, but that's the way it is ☼
Posted Image
Zchat Gold Star |Zybeznet Overseer|MM&D Staff|Global Moderator

#11 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

I know some people that have been praying for this to be free. I personally don't need it because I'm maxed and all so the only spaces I dedicate my bank to is mostly PvM/Bossing stuff.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#12 Black

Black

• RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

Too bad i dont have membership to get this free extra bank space.

Posted Image

#13 Jimb0b

Jimb0b

Lets Party

• RS Name:Jimb0b
  • Clan:LnL

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

Gets a 5 out of me, who wouldn't like more space?

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. - Stephen Hawking

Posted Image

~Proud atheist troll~

#14 The Major

The Major

Friends, let's bring them Hell.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

well, i think the bank space is for f2p items. no matter. makes going back to f2p more viable :-P

#15 W13

W13
  • RS Name:W13

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:19 AM

So, why not just automatically expand the bank space for Members? ;-) ... so we know where to go next time we want to spend some US dollars on RuneScape. Still... 50 extra bank space... I'm not complaining :-)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"Can't tan pon it long, naw eat no yam, no steam fish, nor no green banana" - Sean Paul

#16 Jim

Jim

I'm constant like the seasons. I will never be forgotten.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:24 AM

View Postspoonheb, on 05 February 2013 - 03:30 PM, said:

Didn't refund runecoins from premium membership if we already bought a bank booster.. what a scam.
I bought all 5 bank boosters a while ago. The 6th is a new one. Go check out my G&A for proof.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 ~ Darky ~

~ Darky ~

• RS Name:XsDarknesssX

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:38 AM

not something I need as my bank wasnt even close to full, but im sure it helped plenty of people.

Completionist Cape Owner

#18 SPHAZE

SPHAZE

Protect Ya Neck

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:07 AM

Something tells me that we can buy loyalty points in the future.

#19 Wyatt Family

Wyatt Family

• RS Name:Wyatt Family

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:29 AM

View PostGeorge, on 05 February 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

Nice to see Solomon being considerate, offering more bank spaces so we will have place for more of his upcoming costume releases.

The costumes aren't items, they are overrides of what you are currently wearing. So they don't take up bank space as they aren't actual items.

#20 stevembk

stevembk

• RS Name:stevembk

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:27 AM

I am happy that the Loyalty Shop hasnt become dead content. I get why Soloman's Store is available but loyalty and clue scroll updates shouldn't be neglected as a way to get cool new cosmetic stuff.

Edited by stevembk, 06 February 2013 - 09:28 AM.

Posted Image

99's: Thieving, Attack, Woodcut, Crafting, Farming, HP, Range, Slayer, Strength, Herblore, Hunter, Firemaking, Summoning, Runecrafting, Magic
CURRENT GOALS: 94/95 Prayer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: