What Is The Most You Paid For Membership?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Tarheels

Tarheels

• RS Name:Tarheels54
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

So the question is pretty simple: What is the most you paid for membership? Do you regret it? Who pays for it?

I know there are people out there who spent more than $500 dollars on Runescape membership. For the people who have spent a lot do you regret it or will you regret it in the future? To some it's just about having fun and not worry about spending money because it's about treating yourself with fun. Some people may not regret it because someone else pays for them. This is something I always want to know I am really curious and looking forward to some crazy numbers!

So let the discussion begin! Feel free to add anything extra.

Mod edit:

View PostMurdoc, on 04 February 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

View PostKevin♫, on 04 February 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

Just a reminder not to post admitting to breaking RS rules.
Suspensions will be given out from now on to people who persist, use your common sense... <_<

Edited by Murdoc, 04 February 2013 - 04:52 PM.

City of wonder

Profile page updated sd vs tnc,sok,dek,etc

RR vs Gladz

Retired Feb 2009

Tarheels54
Retired February 2009

Ex Saradomin Dragons Leader (SD)

Ex The Neggas Clan (TNC)

Ex Rune Raiders (RR)

#2 The Major

The Major

Friends, let's bring them Hell.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

The most I spent in one go would have to be $50 (two 25 dollar RS membership cards).

Over the years, probably about $500 (this is over the course of six years, mind you)

#3 Black

Black

• RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

I paid by phone once and i think that was like $12?

Posted Image

#4 Optamist

Optamist

When Life Meant More

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

I've been paying for membership at $5.10/month for the last nine years. The way I see it is, if I play for three hours a month, that's equivalent to watching a movie in theaters which is easily more than $5.10. So ideally, no significant loss. Do I regret it? No. However, these last few months I've lost complete interest in everything related to the game, so these last few months of membership are wasteful.

Posted Image

Procrastinators Unite...tomorrow!

#5 Tarheels

Tarheels

• RS Name:Tarheels54

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

View PostOptamist, on 01 February 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

I've been paying for membership at $5.10/month for the last nine years. The way I see it is, if I play for three hours a month, that's equivalent to watching a movie in theaters which is easily more than $5.10. So ideally, no significant loss. Do I regret it? No. However, these last few months I've lost complete interest in everything related to the game, so these last few months of membership are wasteful.

So 9 years it's around $550. I know back in the day it wouldn't matter to people because the game was too fun. :-)

City of wonder

Profile page updated sd vs tnc,sok,dek,etc

RR vs Gladz

Retired Feb 2009

Tarheels54
Retired February 2009

Ex Saradomin Dragons Leader (SD)

Ex The Neggas Clan (TNC)

Ex Rune Raiders (RR)

#6 SonnyMoore

SonnyMoore

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:03 AM

Pay Monthly, every now and then. Some months I cancel because I get bored of Runescape. Do I regret it no.
Posted Image

#7 Catalan

Catalan

Catalans

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:57 AM

Used the phone but my cap wasn't affected by the membership costs.

Chivalry Legions High Councillor

#CL on Seers IRC

#8 vicarious50

vicarious50

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:33 AM

Too much
Ex-Notorious
Ex-Dragonwood
Ex-Solace

#9 Wyatt Family

Wyatt Family

• RS Name:Wyatt Family
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:20 AM

I was on pay by phone until like 2011.
Which was $12-$15 a month in Australia dollars.
Not much else i could do.

Also paid the Australian price for the year membership ($86?) last month. Which saves me a good $30 for the year since i was on a $9.50 a month plan (Australian).

Damn companies making Australians pay more.

#10 Yorick

Yorick

Never too late

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:23 AM

Used to use the sms option and that would charge me 10 euros. Nowadays I just ask someone else to buy me p2p and then I pay them a couple of mills.

Posted Image
Global Moderator - Clan Discussion Staff

#11 Dr Destiny

Dr Destiny

Canadian Pride

• RS Name:Dr Destinyy
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

Probably spent about $150 in my whole life of rs on membership (been playing for like 8 years)

Recently ive been regretting it since i dont have time to play rs so im wasting my money but when im bored i like to go on but it seems like a waste.

Edited by Dr Destiny, 02 February 2013 - 10:26 AM.

#12 Ninjasteak

Ninjasteak

Write from your heart.

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

True, current membership prices are a higher than before, but it's not as bad as other MMOs.
I think I've been a member for 2 years so far paying $5.95/month ..so around $150 so far.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image   

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Community Leader of Achievements & Questions | Official Clan of Zybez Co-leader

Posted Image

In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength.

#13 Cookson

Cookson

3RD PERSON LEGEND

• RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

Have always payed £4 a month but I'd only keep it active for when I was paying the most, so i would've been P2P for around 4 or 5 months

#14 Aceman

Aceman

The King

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

I've payed 5-10$ a month and haven't regretted it lol. For all the time that I've spent on rs it's rather cheap when compared to a normal video game. The way I used to justify it to my friends was that they'd spend 40 bucks on a new video game, play it a month or two, and beat it / be bored with it. But I spent 5-10$ on runescape and have entertainment for every month I do so.

That was before, I don't play rs besides wars now though lol.

#15 ToeJam

ToeJam

Finger Picking Good

• RS Name:ToeJam

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

Locked into the £3.20 membership and I've calculated it at about £270. Not an issue to me when I take into account that 1. I work and 2. I've had a shed load of hours of fun playing. Considering it's about the cost of a pint and then break it down in the days in a month... it's peanuts.

Posted Image

#16 Kevin♫

Kevin♫

Lead the charge

• RS Name:Killerred005

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

Posted Image
Global Moderator | Recruiting Leader | AoTM Staff | General Discussion Staff

Posted Image

#17 Murdoc

Murdoc

D-FENS

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

View PostKevin♫, on 04 February 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

Suspensions will be given out from now on to people who persist, use your common sense... <_<

Anyway, I've always paid for my own subscription as my parents hate the thought of assisting their kids in getting sucked into (online) gaming. Do I regret having done so for the past 7-odd years? Not really to be honest. Like you've mentioned in the OP and others before myself too, I'm still getting a kick out of RuneScape and am still doing relatively well in life (at a decent University, etc.). However I wouldn't say "fun" is the be-all and end-all of the matter when it comes to justifying how you've juggled your finances in this sense, for example a Completionist Cape is going to do absolutely no good for you if it came at the cost of good grades, if you've managed your time well and haven't let RS take over your life or anything then it's a fair reflection.

Posted Image
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#18 Clman12

Clman12

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

$75 for 1 year of RS membership, I bought it a couple weeks ago.

Posted Image

Old School Stats

#19 Empire Mindツ

Empire Mindツ

Money. Power. Respect.

• RS Name:Empire Mind
  • Clan:Quit

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

I paid the minimal 5$ a month, over like a 6-9 stretch. So like over 600$ bucks in the end, I never regretted it while I played, but I canceled my membership like 6 months ago, as I'll only log in maybe one or two times this year.

Posted Image

Add me on LoL : Hulk Hogan

#20 Bow

Bow

Uh oh

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

I've had members for a long time but not sure the exact months.  I have only ever paid the locked in rate of $5~ or whatever it was exactly per month and I don't regret it.  I have no problem leaving it run even if I don't play as often in some months as others because it pays off instead of cancelling and paying the new raised rate.  As long as I have free time that comes up time to time I'll make use of the cheap fee.  It hardly compares to other hobbies and things to spend money on.

Imagine if a person had it since it came out, nearly 10 years ago now or so  If so, that is nearly $600 which I don't find unreasonable considering the amount of entertainment and fun in hours and hours of play.  Compare that to lets say going to the theater with a date.  That runs nearly $20 if you get popcorn, a drink, and two tickets, and a total of 30 trips possible in 10 years.. not too bad in comparison.
Senior Moderator
- Feel free to PM me if you need any anything and I will do my best to help.
Specialties:
-Clan Discussion
-OSRS Price Guide ( Please use the Price Guide Help Topic for inquiries)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: