Killing Black Demons

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Leondreux

Leondreux

• RS Name:Alweoi
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Hello all.  I recently got black demons as my slayer task (unfortunately), and now I am confused on what would be the best way to go about killing them quickly.  I heard the using a cannon would help, but then I heard that it isn't as effective as some think it is and it's just a waste of money.  I don't normally use range because my range isn't that high.  I would prefer to use melee.  If I was to continue using melee, what would be the best weapon to use?  Also, what armor should I use?  I need it to be relatively cheap and resistant to the black demon's magic attacks.

Thanks for your help,
Len

#2 Sandor44

Sandor44

Sandy beach

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

Cannon isn't extremely strong now. If I were you I'd just use a black salamander, dual chaotics or a royal crossbow. I think you'll be hit a lot even with Karil's, but Royal Dragonhide might work, it's very cheap. Sadly for some people, EOC(Especially the recent update) made it extremely inefficient to use a style other than the one creatures are weak to. You can always try though.
Posted Image

#3 Leondreux

Leondreux

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

Wow this puts me in quite the predicament because I only have 75 range (and I cannot use royal dragonhide), and I don't have high enough dungeoneering to get anywhere close to having dual chaotics.  Is everyone on this site a super high level or something that they can get dual chaotics?  Hmph.

#4 ruts etnies

ruts etnies

playing since '03

• RS Name:Ruts
  • Clan:/

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

just in general, keep in mind that I'm not familiar with EoC.
Back in the days black demons didn't have the best drops but they were a big xp/h for a slayer task so I don't think that changed.
Maybe you can't use the most efficient way to kill them but I think they still are worth doing them

Edited by ruts etnies, 25 January 2013 - 05:22 PM.

#5 Leondreux

Leondreux

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

Yeah I'm definitely going to do them...  I just don't know how I could make it so the task goes as quickly and as smoothly as possible.

#6 Justin

Justin

Even the sun melts down

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

If you can't use an Royal cbow or Dual Chaotics, try a Hand cannon, Black Salamander or a Crystal Bow. Melee is very ineffective at killing Black Demons.

Posted Image
Do not PM me about price guide unbannings. Use this thread.

#7 ruts etnies

ruts etnies

playing since '03

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

http://forums.zybez....ew-way-to-slay/

milk4tea made a post with the best way to train slayer in EoC. (where for thanks milk4tea)
I'm not sure you are something with his advice because he mainly describes the most efficient way to kill monsters.
I'd say pick up your best crossbow and safe spot them at taverly dungeon.
If you don't like ranged take you prosylite armour and protect from melee and take them down with your melee gear.

#8 Justin

Justin

Even the sun melts down

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

View Postruts etnies, on 25 January 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

If you don't like ranged take you prosylite armour and protect from melee and take them down with your melee gear.
You can't safe them...they use a long range mage attack. :#

Posted Image
Do not PM me about price guide unbannings. Use this thread.

#9 ruts etnies

ruts etnies

playing since '03

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

View PostJustin, on 25 January 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

View Postruts etnies, on 25 January 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

You can't safe them...they use a long range mage attack. :#

So many things changed in those 5 months I've been inactive :-( .
I can't even give positive information on any post :$ .

Edited by ruts etnies, 25 January 2013 - 05:40 PM.

#10 Leondreux

Leondreux

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Don't worry ruts, I thought that there was still a safe spot there until I went back to finish the task a few days ago (which I have yet to do).  Is a hand cannon expensive to use?

#11 Cypher

Cypher

| (• ◡•)|

• RS Name:Waterbender

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

If you really need to go the cheap route, use black dragonhide with a black salamander and harralander tar as ammo. The black salamander is just as powerful as karils crossbow with bolt racks now, so I definitely recommend it. Go in there with food and prayer potions and pray your best offensive range prayers with range potions. If you have to, flip on protect magic for extra protection (although it does not protect 100% anymore it's still helpful).

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

[3DS Friend Code: 4785-5458-1412 | Pokemon X and Animal Crossing: New Leaf]

#12 Leondreux

Leondreux

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

Awesome!  Looks like black salamander will be the way I'll go.  It really sucks how prot. from magic doesn't cover 100% of the damage anymore.  I should have finished this task back then when that was still a thing.  Oh well, nothing I can do about it now.

#13 Sp x

Sp x

eats u

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

Also don't advise the use of a cannon, not because of its cost but since black demons can own you very easily especially when there are more just a few on you.
x

#14 Leondreux

Leondreux

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Gotcha, this is true.  Plus, you need to hit them at least once or the kill won't even count towards your slayer task.  Too much of a bother.  I only have a few more to go so I should be find.  Thank you for all of your help!

Okay, just finished the task.  It took me only a few minutes to kill A LOT of black demons with a black salamander.  That is definitely the weapon of choice for those guys.  Just keep that in mine if you ever have them as a task.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: