Put The Two Clues Together

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 unfold114

unfold114

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:28 AM

Posted Image

Put the two clues together, good job if you can

if you can't; Jeff has the most power in runescape and he is the one who is kindof screwing it up. Jagex can get rid of bots, they know how. They got rid of those queen dragon bones within 24 hours but they want money. This guy is horring money from us. He brought Solomon's general store and Spins and  he shouldn't have rushed EOC

Edited by Kevin♫, 25 January 2013 - 01:21 PM.
Removed phone number

#2 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

• RS Status:Member

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

The phone number is circled because 212 is the NY, New York area code.

Just another topic about how 'Jagex doesn't care, they're bought out by Americans...' nothing we all haven't read before.

You didn't expect the creators of the game to never think about making money off of it? When they were majority shareholders, the shares were worth a lot less then they are now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

~It's too late if it burns when you pee

#3 Astraeus

Astraeus

Like Godzilla when I come, damage here when I'm done

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

The only thing I didn't know was the number :D

Posted Image

The Gladiatorz, 12 years of awesomeness!
Gladz Forums  

Feel free to drop in on our fc "Gladz Chat"

Posted Image

#4 Kenny

Kenny

Been there. Done that.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

The 55% is shared between Jeff & Alex. The board don't control everything, they have their say and objectives that they want to meet. They don't go around designating every single update.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 unfold114

unfold114

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

View Post¥Mars, on 25 January 2013 - 10:52 AM, said:

The 55% is shared between Jeff & Alex. The board don't control everything, they have their say and objectives that they want to meet. They don't go around designating every single update.

No but they are most power. If they say No, they overrule everyone else. So if everyone else says Yes, and they say No, they are 55% out of the 100% and they are therefore more.

#6 Kevin♫

Kevin♫

Lead the charge

• RS Name:King Bradley
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

Alright, this topic has potential for a good discussion. However, the original premise of the topic, with his contact information clearly visible to promote an abuse of said information I have removed.

PM me if you have any questions.
"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."

- Sun Tzu (Art of War)

Recruiting Board Leader // Clan Discussion Staff // General Discussion Staff // Contact me with any questions.

#7 Brogusa

Brogusa

Friends, let's bring them Hell.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

Oh God! Not another topic like this! Really, IVP DOES own the majority of Jagex, but it's just 5% extra. If someone where to simply relinquish 5% of their share on IVP's side to Jagex, then it would be completely and totally neutral.

Besides, looking at the way the company is performing, it's not long before IVP sells some of its "ownership" of Jagex to some other bloke, especially considering the Glassdoor reviews. If that's the case, then there's a good chance that IVP will no longer "have a say" in Jagex's decision-making (or at the very least have much of say).

View Postspoonheb, on 25 January 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

The phone number is circled because 212 is the NY, New York area code.

Correction: area code for Manhattan landlines. NYC's split into 5 boroughs. We have at least 8 different land-line area codes here depending on where we live :-P

Edited by The Puppetmaster, 25 January 2013 - 01:47 PM.

#8 Fasty

Fasty

~tbh imo~

• RS Name:Fast993
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

This is a business that they are investing in. Can you seriously blame them for wanting to make money? I'm not a fan of SoF & Solomon's Store either but it's a waste of time to complain about it. They want money & if they feel that letting people buy spins or runecoins is the way to go, let them.

Like Mars said, Jeff Horing & Alex Crisses don't sit in Jagex HQ and dictate every update anyway, so I'm not sure why you're so angry at them either.

BOW DOWN OR FALL DOWN - #JKU

Posted Image

We do allow stolen images, edited or not, to be used in Signatures. If you have any questions feel free to PM me - Mod Fasty

#9 Brogusa

Brogusa

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

View PostFasty, on 25 January 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

This is a business that they are investing in. Can you seriously blame them for wanting to make money? I'm not a fan of SoF & Solomon's Store either but it's a waste of time to complain about it. They want money & if they feel that letting people buy spins or runecoins is the way to go, let them.

Like Mars said, Jeff Horing & Alex Crisses don't sit in Jagex HQ and dictate every update anyway, so I'm not sure why you're so angry at them either.

Couldn't have said this any better myself. Seriously, IVP is an INVESTMENT firm, NOT a "gtfo, we're taking over, stink all yall who work here for years, what we say goes" firm.

#10 wolfmon

wolfmon

No Guts No Glory

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

View PostThe Puppetmaster, on 25 January 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

View PostFasty, on 25 January 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

Couldn't have said this any better myself. Seriously, IVP is an INVESTMENT firm, NOT a "gtfo, we're taking over, stink all yall who work here for years, what we say goes" firm.

But for the people who have invested in IVP (and thus their money was invested into Jagex), they will say "gtfo, we're taking over, stink all yall who work here for years, what we say goes" in order to make themselves and their investors money. :hi:

As for when updates are decided, IVP has a huge say in what goes on at Jagex. When it comes time at the beginning of the month (or anytime), IVP could easily go "We want you to have 'x' number of Solomon/SOF updates a week/month" to get players to spend more money. If Jagex chooses not to listen to IVP, there can be consequences to the company since IVP holds the majority of stock. They technically own Jagex, so their say is final.

Edited by wolfmon, 25 January 2013 - 04:06 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image Wolfmon56 2000-2014 Posted Image

#11 Brogusa

Brogusa

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

View Postwolfmon, on 25 January 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

But for the people who have invested in IVP (and thus their money was invested into Jagex), they will say "gtfo, we're taking over, stink all yall who work here for years, what we say goes" in order to make themselves and their investors money. :hi:

As for when updates are decided, IVP has a huge say in what goes on at Jagex. When it comes time at the beginning of the month (or anytime), IVP could easily go "We want you to have 'x' number of Solomon/SOF updates a week/month" to get players to spend more money. If Jagex chooses not to listen to IVP, there can be consequences to the company since IVP holds the majority of stock. They technically own Jagex, so their say is final.

They just own 55%. IVP technically does own Jagex, but only by a margin of about ~5-10%. With the way the company is performing (read the Glassdoor reviews), they'll end up selling off some of their shares to other people.

#12 wolfmon

wolfmon

No Guts No Glory

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

View PostThe Puppetmaster, on 25 January 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

They just own 55%. IVP technically does own Jagex, but only by a margin of about ~5-10%. With the way the company is performing (read the Glassdoor reviews), they'll end up selling off some of their shares to other people.

The glassdoor reviews are bad because of the employees who disagree with how Jagex is being ran now that IVP owns the majority of the shares. I don't remember which mod it was, but he had mentioned something about how he had recently been "laid off" after disagreeing with how IVP was pushing SOF. I know I lack the proof, but it was a skype conference call and I wasn't recording, :-/

Posted Image

Posted Image Wolfmon56 2000-2014 Posted Image

#13 Dakk.

Dakk.

/dyel/

• RS Name:JoJoJoestar
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

View PostTS Togusa, on 25 January 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

Glassdoor reviews are only good at pinpointing some very general inside information within Jagex, in their case bad upper management and talented employees.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: