Squeal Of Fortune: Summoning Wheel

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 Justin

Justin

Even the sun melts down

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Summoning brings with it some massively helpful perks and bonuses. If you're looking to make some headway in your Summoning skill - perhaps to help unlock that awesome familiar you've been working towards - Yelps has it covered. It’s all Summoning, all this weekend on the Squeal of Fortune!

This Summoning spectacular brings of a range of bonuses:
  • All gold prizes (with the exception of the 200 million jackpot) have been swapped out for spirit shards for the weekend. Not only are the shards we're offering crucial for making Summoning pouches - they’re worth double the gold they’re replacing!
  • Secondly, you’ll have an increased chance of winning Summoning training material packs all weekend, as well as pouches tailored to your specific level. There'll also be a rare chance to win some of the more sought-after pouches that you wouldn't ordinarily find on the Squeal of Fortune - also tailored to your level - including pack yaks, obsidian golems, war tortoises, and more!
  • Finally, use an XP lamp on your Summoning skill and it’ll yield double XP! This applies to both Summoning-specific and regular lamps.
You’ll find all of these on the Squeal of Fortune, starting Friday 25th January 00:00 GMT until Monday 28th January 23:59 GMT. You can purchase spins here, or by clicking 'Add Spins' next to the wheel in Squeal of Fortune. Don’t forget that subscribing will bag you two daily spins instead of one!

The RuneScape Team

Discuss this here.

Posted Image
Do not PM me about price guide unbannings. Use this thread.

#2 Jay

Jay

(ง •̀_•́)ง

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

Didn't they just say they were going to stop focusing so much on Squeel + Solomon only news posts?

Posted Image

"Men have called me mad, but the question is not yet settled
whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence whether
all that is profound does not spring from disease of thought
from moods of mind exalted at the expense of general intellect"

#3 Brogusa

Brogusa

Friends, let's bring them Hell.

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

View PostJay, on 24 January 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

Didn't they just say they were going to stop focusing so much on Squeel + Solomon only news posts?

http://media.tumblr....R0Hy1r0lxlv.jpg

Doesn't matter, free XP

#4 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

• RS Status:Member

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

Surprised they didn't add in people who buy the gold premium package get 3 spins daily.

Posted Image

Posted Image

~It's too late if it burns when you pee

#5 JessyU

JessyU

• RS Name:HeyitsJessy
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

How about fixing summoning so 90% of the familiars aren't useless? Nope... this is just as good....?

Nobody told the sheep, that they outnumber the wolves.

#6 Lafayette

Lafayette

Yuuki ♥

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

Summoning...Bahahahahahahahahahahaha
Posted Image

#7 Sasha Black

Sasha Black

The Frayed Ends Of Sanity

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

was that even 24hrs lol?

Promotions

Looking back, we definitely had too many promotions and giveaways in 2012. Though we carefully balanced the Squeal of Fortune, promotions like Sizzling Summer gave away too much. I think we got the Festive Aura & Winter Weekends about right, though. In 2013 we will be more cautious: these events should feel special and bring the community together, so we'll make them less frequent, more fun and ensure that they don't undermine your hard-earned achievements.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

Well, can't say I didn't see this coming. I just hope these updates are coming to a halt ASAP.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#9 Isobel

Isobel

• RS Name:Isobel
  • Clan:zchat

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:42 AM

View PostJessyU, on 24 January 2013 - 07:39 PM, said:

How about fixing summoning so 90% of the familiars aren't useless? Nope... this is just as good....?

They made a post on RSOF saying they were planning on updating Summoning in the future, since the skill works pretty well I guess their update will involve making some pouches more useful, including combat familiars if they were changed by the ge.

Join zchat friends chat in game!

Posted Image

#10 Murdoc

Murdoc

D-FENS

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:11 AM

Woo, time for me to keep up with my quest of training that skill to 99 without making a single pouch.

Posted Image
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#11 Xtrm

Xtrm

(ง •̀_•́)ง

• RS Name:Xtrm
  • RS Status:Inactive
  • Team:Sad Unit

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

My excitement level is unchanged.

Posted Image

#12 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• RS Name:Elysian Duck

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

View PostJessyU, on 24 January 2013 - 07:39 PM, said:

As if you use all the features of the other skills.. :# :#

View PostRashy, on 03 November 2010 - 09:25 AM, said:

The duck is Justin Bieber in disguise. He's spying on us. Ban now!

Posted Image

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#13 ruts etnies

ruts etnies

playing since '03

• RS Name:Ruts
  • Clan:/

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

I don't like SoF, but I don't care anymore.
I just don't like how aggresive jagex is against F2P players to become member, it's sad so very sad.

#14 Manga

Manga

『  』

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

I like how it has not even been a week since the construction SOF event.

☼ This never ever should have been, but that's the way it is ☼
Posted Image
Zchat Gold Star |Zybeznet Overseer|MM&D Staff|Global Moderator

#15 Heavens Gate

Heavens Gate

Leads to

• RS Name:RunezScape
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

What I want to know is, why has nobody posted the bts 37 video that gave a look into "sink holes"; Which seems to be a preview of Jagex's own form of gambling and possible removal of the gambling system (flower hosting)  we currently have. Seems like a much better topic to discuss and speculate on than the usual updates with the squeal of fortune..

Edited by Heavens Gate, 25 January 2013 - 05:47 PM.

Posted Image

#16 katar asakur

katar asakur

• RS Name:katar asakur

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

Looks nice I want that armour even if it's = black d hide

Edited by katar asakur, 26 January 2013 - 08:44 AM.

Posted Image

#17 Ninjasteak

Ninjasteak

I'm a noob.

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

Someone has boinked Yelps on the head right after he wrote his New Year's resolution. Did the green elf go crazy again?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image   

Community Leader of Achievements & Questions Zchat Rank Zybez Clan Co-leader

Posted Image

When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives.

#18 Cypher

Cypher

| (• ◡•)|

• RS Name:Waterbender

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:16 AM

Meh, over the course of the weekend my daily spins gave me a bit over 10k shards, so I'm not complaining. As much as I despise sof, like pretty much every other sane person, I've accepted that it's not going anywhere so I might as well use up those free spins whenever I get them. It is kinda nice to have some variation in what's on the wheel now and then since constantly getting 1k or 5k gp gets old. But I agree that it shouldn't flood the news column. Instead, why not give sof/solomon's their own little slot on the side bar, under the youtube or events slots? That way those who care can check them and those that don't won't be bothered by them.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

[3DS Friend Code: 4785-5458-1412 | Pokemon X and Animal Crossing: New Leaf]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: