What Do You Do Now That You Have Max/comp Cape?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Isobel

Isobel

• RS Name:Isobel
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:zchat

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

Or if you are not there yet (like me :-) ), what would you like to do after you get maxed/completionist cape?

Alot of my friends are reaching these end-game goals now and I am not too far off them myself, but with the absence of levels to gain what is there left to do in Runescape?

Some people I know have quit or become far less active. They have been unable to find new goals to achieve/things to enjoy doing and, perhaps viewing achieving comp/max cape as "completing the game", decide that they have reached the point where they can be satisfied in leaving the game behind.

Other people decide to set themselves new goals based around xp, such as getting to 20M xp in every skill or maybe even aiming for 200M in a skill, or try to compete against other high-level players to ascend through the ranks of the Highscores.

In my case I think I will devote my time after maxing to exploring more aspects of the game I never usually experience. With no target to aim for I would like to try and learn new things like becoming great at PvM and skilling efficiently. Perhaps I will also take the chance to complete my collection of xp-boosting clothing sets with the rare black ibis items, as well as go hunting down other elusive items :woeh:

Join zchat friends chat in game!

Posted Image

#2 Fasty

Fasty

Perfection

• RS Name:Fast993
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

I just do Player Owned Ports, get my 180K Dungeoneering experience from the daily challenge & spin the lovely Squeal of Fortune.
We do allow stolen images, edited or not, to be used in Signatures. If you have any questions feel free to PM me - Mod Fasty

#3 Evidently

Evidently

Join Zchat, Zybez's Fchat

• RS Name:Evidently
  • Clan:Zchat

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

If I ever maxed I doubt I would set any goals that involve getting xp past 99, the only skill I might purposely train after 120 would be Dg. I would only consider doing Dg because I can do it with friends. I would do a lot of Pvm and Pvp (If I ever learn how to in the Eoc) It would be awesome to set goals for myself to say get a ever elusive Phat from Pvm.

Haha me maxing!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

I'd passively make money while going for 200m skills.
That money will in turn be used to spend on costly 200m skills :-D .

Also, just do what I enjoy. Such as player owned ports, (can't think of other things I enjoy besides skilling..).

Posted Image

Posted Image

~It's too late if it burns when you pee

#5 Jimb0b

Jimb0b

Lets Party

• RS Name:Jimb0b
  • Clan:LnL

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

I think once I am max, I will just log on from time to time daily to update my flipping; after I complete the game the only thing left to do is get richer.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. - Stephen Hawking

Posted Image

~Proud atheist troll~

#6 Goz

Goz

I Got It

• RS Name:Goz
  • Clan:VR
  • Team:Goz Gang

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

After I got comp cape I quit sadly :(
Game isn't fun anymore.

[Violent Resolution] http://www.vr-rs.com/forums/

Posted Image

Posted Image

League of Legends NA @ WSTN

Spoiler

#7 Zephyr Zephyr

Zephyr Zephyr

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

Im bossing. And will start competing in my clans skilling competitions.
Posted Image

Referral links are not allowed - Ramu  OK

#8 Vigilant Foe

Vigilant Foe

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

Got 200M DG and enjoyed it
Got 200M Cooking over the course of half a year

Now pretty much all I do is Player Owned Ports, war, and DG with clanmates.

#9 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:42 AM

I've actually got quite bored with the game. I'm just waiting on new content that interests me and will keep me playing for a few weeks, but that's it. I help out the community on my off time such as making tips or helping out people by answering their varies questions, but with Spring semester of college and really focusing on my career and keeping myself active, I don't find myself having a lot of time to play. This is more or less the same with other I've seen. They finally see that once they don't have that goal of Max Cape in their mind anymore, a lot more real life activities flow into their mind. To each their own, I suppose.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#10 I Selene

I Selene

• RS Name:I Selene
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

sit in lobby

#11 Tee 3

Tee 3

d00d!

• RS Name:Tee 3
  • RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:Zybeznet

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

Hoard wealth.

Start by getting useful stuff like Nex & Drygore and finish it with a partyhat set? :-D

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Zybez Blogs Team Member/Guides & Tips CL

Check out my Money-Making and Training for Pvm Guides!

#12 Yorick

Yorick

Never too late

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:57 AM

I don't think I will play as much as I do know. If I finish off these 3 mining levels and 3 dungeoneering levels I would just do some daily challenges and my sqeels.

Posted Image

Divine Forces Veteran - Vitality Member

#13 Nirvana

Nirvana

• RS Name:Bram

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:36 AM

I'd probably spend more time flipping/merchanting and get 200m XP in a skill I enjoy.

#14 BrotherVoid1

BrotherVoid1

Retired Completionist

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

Meh... You know what I do Isobel :-P When I got comp cape, I made a ton of GP from selling S/L floors, back before it got popular.  I then proceeded to give a lot of it away to friends who were looking to max and didn't have the funds. Or host free S/L floors in zchat.  Or really do anything that I wish high level did for me when I was a lower level.  I just try to avoid embracing the elitist high level stereotype.  It'd be easy to grind S/L floors, make billions and bank 200m in all buyables, but there'd be no joy in it for me.

Some of the happiest moments I've ever had on RS were on Skype with friends, post comp cape.  One time comes to mind where out of the blue I said to one of my friends "W77, Dae".  Thinking they're coming to DG, they complain about it for a bit before finally coming.  I know they're a true friend... Since they just dropped everything to come do a skill they hate, just because I asked them to.  Instead of inviting them to a party, I give them ~1.7b in supplies that they needed to finish maxing.  They freaked out for 20+ minutes before calming down enough to say thank you.  Hearing that kind of joy... Brought forth because of something I just did in a game?  It's pretty cool.

I got my comp cape on October 16th, 2011 (my brother's birthday :-D easy to remember).  Since then, I've given out thousands of free S/L floors to random people in zchat and w117, gained billions from selling floors legitimately and given away billions to help out friends in need.  I also broke 100m in 3 stats, 200m in one, and got that elusive Ibis+SotG set that you mentioned :-D.  I'm far less active now due to EoC... To be honest, I haven't logged in for the past two weeks.  But I really can't get past how much they've changed the game :-/ It definitely killed a bit of what kept bringing me back.  I have yet to completely quit, but I am getting pretty close.

Edited by BrotherVoid1, 20 January 2013 - 05:05 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 Jaddy

Jaddy

Agility freak

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:37 AM

myself i gotten completionist cape towards the end of last october, and since then i have mostly been skilling here and there. i had a goal to get a hybrid armour set, but after i gotten my helms, i couldnt get myself to go to soul wars to finish it off.
ive also set a small goal of 15m xp base, but im not really actively working on that. i do train agility alot though, and that would probably be the only skill i would find worth training towards 50/100/200m xp. (besides dg of course)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Maxed: 6th of August 2012
2496:19th of October 2012
Completionist: 30th of October 2012
2595: 25th of September 2013

#16 Gohankuten

Gohankuten

Master of all Wills & Quests

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

I would do what i do now which is log in sporadically to do random things and then just lobby sit while waiting for new quests to come out to complete.  I have myself set up to where I should get comp cape the moment I can get a max cape or at least that is my plan.  I am also trying to get my stats set up for PvMing so I can get money for my buyable skills.

Thanks to Arno for the +1
Thanks to Teelex for the +2
954th Person To 99 Hunter
Master of all Wills and Quests
Posted Image

#17 Manga

Manga

『  』

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

I would minigame like crazy, all the optional out of the way stuff that when you are in the middle of it you would think "I could be training X right now"

☼ This never ever should have been, but that's the way it is ☼
Posted Image
Zchat Gold Star |Zybeznet Overseer|MM&D Staff|Global Moderator

#18 Enviii

Enviii

• RS Name:Mithilarcher

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

I got my Max cape in May 2011 (only 1 day before the release of capes).  I initially planned on getting 120 dungeoneering but I gave up after getting a few levels. I seriously didn't enjoy dungeoneering at all. Especially not enough to get another 70m xp in the skill regardless of xp/hr. I always felt there were some serious technical flaws in the skill that really bugged me. There were also a lot of gameplay flaws (this was before group keys, more binds, solo xp etc). Oh... and leeches. I couldn't stand joining a team with leeches. I also never keyed during that time because I didn't have armor (hex, 2h, hood). Even as a non-keyer I would die extremely often from lack of armor, trying to rush things. This was probably the biggest flaw for me. Leeches and binds that prevented me from going on with dging and the game in general.

I really haven't played much since I maxed apart from coming on every few months when there's a big quest or large update. I occasionally DG when this happens to see how the game has improved upon it. Right now im playing again because of POP and I'm getting back into the DG flow. It seems incredibly easy now + getting free daily xp makes it bearable. I also love the fact that I no longer depend on finding teams to get a decent xp rate. Solo dg may not be the most efficient but I do like soloing every once in a while when I know i'm not going to get a full 20 min of uninterrupted game play.

Edited by Enviii, 20 January 2013 - 07:00 PM.

#19 Sporty

Sporty

• RS Name:Sporty
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

I got my max cape in November. My goal after that was to PvM full time and I may have followed through with that if it was not for the EoC. Honestly, it really killed bossing for me. I have always been one of those PvM noobs doing all sorts of gwd and various bossing trips back in the day. When the EoC came out, I did quite a bit of dungeoneering, and I do admit that it was really fun, yielding an end result of 120. Though, still not fun enough to go past 120. So after that, the only thing I have been doing is ports, and it was quite intermittent if I may add. Most days I wouldn't even log on to do them. Other than that I had no goals left to achieve. I figured it was time to quit.

Much like the other maxed players that have posted, irl commitments started popping up in place of RS. The icing on the cake however was definitely the EoC. Many other updates and irl commitments aided in my decision to stop playing as well, but the EoC was definitely the catalyst that really told me it was time to move on.
Posted Image

#20 Mikuri

Mikuri

♥ Flowing love ~

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:18 AM

Now with my Max cape, trying to get Comp cape. And then... I might Castle Wars everyday because I love that mini-game.
I would also hunt for a purple phat, and I'd like to play with my lover and go boss hunting together :3

I don't think I'll ever aim for trim comp. But 200m xp in attack would be something I'd like.

Edited by Mikuri, 28 January 2013 - 03:19 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: