Random Acts Of Kindness

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 legolas7309

legolas7309

• RS Name:legolas 7309
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

Ill begin this post with a true story that happened yesterday. While fishing in shilo village for the ever elusive lvl 71 fishing :), i walked into the bank to drop off my fish. It was there that i noticed a player doing a clue scroll, as he was fighting a double agent. Now, i have only just started playing again and decided to watch so as to see how hard the agents were now the EoC is here.

I noticed that they were indeed tougher than i remember, as this player was down to about 1/3 of his health. I asked if he had any food and he said he only had two left, so i immediately opened my bank and grabbed some monks, then dropped them under him. I then waited till he killed the agent (he also took and ate the fish), to ensure he didnt need any more food (if he did i would have given him some more).

After a quick thanks and a "any time" from me, i went back to fishing, knowing i had at least helped one player for the day.

My question/ discussion is simple: When was the last time you helped out a player just because you could? (not for any monetary gain), and did you feel good about it?

Also, post if you have ever refused to help someone and why you didnt.

Thanks in advance.
Posted Image

#2 iFeennix

iFeennix

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

i do it when i can , i remember at LRC a guy was dying cuz a striker was hitting him and i killed the monster :p , it feels good when you receive a grateful thanks :)

Edited by iFeennix, 16 January 2013 - 11:53 AM.

#3 Darkruler633

Darkruler633

Forsaken Leader

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

I don't play that much because of time but I always try to answer questions if people ask ingame.
And sometimes when I see "a noob" who needs a few food or so to complete a task or whatever I just give it to them.
It may seem stupid that some of us do this and some may laugh at it but oh well... I always hope that I can make someone happy and it makes the community in RS better which is already filled with trolls unfortunately :-(

Ex Leader of Forsaken

Divine Forces & Vitality member

Posted Image

Bas|Darkruler on IRC

xDarkruler & Naxacid on EoC

Naxacid on OSRS

#4 The Spoken Word

The Spoken Word

• RS Status:Free

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

Im not on a lot at all but if new players have questions ill normally answer them as best I can

The Game

#5 born two pk

born two pk

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

I remember pre-eoc i would go to random f2p worlds and wait for new players to spawn and then i would trade them each one mil, at other times i would walk into g.e and try to spy on a low level saying "bsale" i would then trade them 1mil over what the bank sale is worth, a last thing i remember doing was adding 5 different f2p new low level people and asking for progress reports, so if one day they quick chat to me they have 30 defence i would buy them an addy set, or a rune scimitar, w/e they needed really, was a fun way to keep people happy and continue playing the game. The first time i ever helped someone was when they were buying a rune 2h for 20k (it was worth well over 50k back in the day) and i just traded him it for free, he was so grateful he followed me around for an hour expressing his thanks lol.. Some people can be so grateful..

Edit: a last thing i remember doing recently was going into g.e following a level 45 with like an iron scimitar and a wizard hat and i asked him what his f2p goal was, after a long thought process he finally said his long term goal was to make enough money for full saradomin, a week later i pmed him and asked him how it was going (knowing how hard it was to make money in f2p i sympathized for him) he was ecstatic saying how he finally has 40 defence and how now he's mining rune essence in order to get enough money for full saradomin, i go to visit him in the rune essence mine and i still remember seeing this guy mining away at the rune essence with his adamant pickaxe even though he was level 50 mining, i remembered when i use to do that because i couldnt afford that rune pick, i ended up giving him his full sara  a rune pickaxe for him to make money for whatever else he needed, he was so grateful, i even taught him how to not get lured, and what to look out for

Edited by born two pk, 16 January 2013 - 01:14 PM.

#6 I Selene

I Selene

• RS Name:I Selene
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

i liked repairing graves. b4 eoc, that is.

#7 Brogusa

Brogusa

Friends, let's bring them Hell.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

I helped out a new recruit in my clan with Dungeoneering.

He's level 66, and he wanted to prestige the few floors he had left, so I helped him out with clearing out floors 25-30 (even though I was all set to do a large raid of floor 30 with a few friends beforehand).

I felt good about helping him. Always a pleasure to help out a friend in need.

Edited by The Puppetmaster, 16 January 2013 - 01:28 PM.

#8 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• RS Name:Elysian Duck

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

Back in the summer of 2007 I was fighting fortress guards near the black knight fortress when I saw a level 8 shouting at them to give them their armour. Since he was dutch and his vocabulary was limited, I figured he was a young grasshopper. I brought him back to the centre of Varrock, and gave him various equipment sets so he could prepare himself well. He then walked off and I never saw him again. :#

View PostRashy, on 03 November 2010 - 09:25 AM, said:

The duck is Justin Bieber in disguise. He's spying on us. Ban now!

Posted Image

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#9 Elder Jr

Elder Jr

Zybaholic

• RS Name:Elder Jr
  • RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:Ronin

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

View PostI Selene, on 16 January 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

i liked repairing graves. b4 eoc, that is.

Oh my god you're so nice. :-D

Well as Bas said, i always try to answer the questions random people have at random training areas, sometimes i even go to an extend of doing a search just to answer there questions.

Posted Image

#10 The Corf

The Corf

The Corf has been doubled

• RS Name:The Corf

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

i tend to do it a lot and mostly by giving away some armor or money, some time ago a newer player needed money to buy an adamant platebody, so i bought him full Adamant and full Rune armor that he could use afterwards.
he said thanks and nothing more really, i didn't expect anything else anyway.
i think in my runescape lifetime i have given away 10 full rune sets and more than 5m in cash split up in various amounts.
a friend also borrowed 5m from me and i said she shouldn't pay me back but after like a month she ended up giving me 10m because she got a good drop at boss killing.

If people were rain, i was drizzle and she was a hurricane

Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you.
Posted Image
Posted Image

I feel in love with her the way you fall asleep

Slowly, then all at once.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/TheCorf

#11 Astraeus

Astraeus

Like Godzilla when I come, damage here when I'm done

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

I try to help out when I can. Which is usually when I'm not afk. It's mostly giving away money or armor. Sometimes i give out food if someone can't buy it and really needs it.

Last time I helped someone was probaly about a week ago.

Posted Image

The Gladiatorz, 12 years of awesomeness!
Gladz Forums  

Feel free to drop in on our fc "Gladz Chat"

Posted Image

#12 Yorick

Yorick

Never too late

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

Must have been like a year ago when some guy died solo at bandos and I went in after him. I noticed it was pretty much all he had and looking at his skills I felt guilty if I would keep his gear.
So i gave back his armour an stuff, was approx. around 7mill.

Posted Image
Global Moderator - Clan Discussion Staff

#13 Derp

Derp

hurr durr

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

I helped somebody a little while back who was new to dung by duoing with them & trying to teach them some dg abbreviations. :p

Unfortunately they never returned to the fc I use. :(

-Sprinted; 99 Slayer; 17th July 2012; 130 Combat; Only other 99 being craft

#14 Fasty

Fasty

~tbh imo~

• RS Name:Fast993
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

I haven't really done much lately, but a while ago, I used to go around F2P giving people free stuff just to see how happy they got.

Posted Image

#15 doubletc

doubletc

• RS Name:Bellicus

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

I tried to help a clan mate a while ago by telling him how to get some cash by killing chaos dwarfs, he needed a couple of easy mills for his first AGS and by then I had gotten 5 dragon picks. I told him he and I should go CS it and we started to camp the dwarfs. After 15 minutes he said he had to go to the bank and I got a dragon pickaxe a minute after he left. XD

I gave the guy a staff of light trick. >.<

The last time I saw how he was doing was after free trade and by then he had bills while I had 30 mill. =p

Also one time I needed some dragon scimitars and had to go to ape atoll for it. So I ran to GE for bananas because I needed it to for the teleport to atoll and right when I entered GE some guy traded me and out of curiosity traded him back and he gave me 5 bananas and left. :OOO

Edited by doubletc, 16 January 2013 - 02:16 PM.

#16 coco pops

coco pops

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

I usually give advice to whoever asks me.. other than that I never really helped anyone.. Quite the opposite

Posted Image

#17 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

I try to help people out by sharing my knowledge on the Questions board here. :-)
I generally don't talk to people in-game except for in friends chats / clan chats and my private messages.

Posted Image

Posted Image

~It's too late if it burns when you pee

#18 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

I was training on my Pure at Deadly Red Spiders and someone started to finish off the spiders for me once I tagged them. It was a nice gesture, but i didn't really need the help. Still appreciated that he was helping me out though.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#19 I Love You

I Love You

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

I was firemaking at the Grand Exchange and someone logged in and said he was hacked and had only 9k left. To get some 'quick money' he traded all his money to that doubler who of course, logged out.. So I then proceeded to give him about 250k worth of items and money and he said "I guess the community has really changed :)"
<3

Posted ImagePosted Image

I wish it is always You,

Only You and I

#20 Matt258

Matt258

Good with wood

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

I always help by Answering any Questions, Lending out Items, Helping with Quests, Assisting Effigies. I am Paying back 40% Above Market Price for All Items.
My Youtube name is: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Makin Wines to 200M exp in F2p & Make Max Gp in F2p Goals

Going for 200M All Skills. It would be GREAT if you could Loan me Gp & I'll be paying you back with Interest!  40% Interest back to you.
Help me Collect Aluminum Cabs & Tabs for a Guinness Book of World Records! Collecting Aluminum Cans (for Cancer Research) & giving the Tabs to Ronald McDonald House Charities.
Help me Collect Aluminum Cabs & Tabs for a Guinness Book of World Records!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Level 99 Stats 25/25 200M exp Stats 3/25
Make like a tree & burn :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: