Cypher

| (• ◡•)|

• RS Name:Cypherex
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:25 AM

POPULAR

~The Return of Special Attacks~

Now known as "special abilities"

A long time ago in a RuneScape far, far away, high level weaponry used to have special attacks unique to that weapon. This made it ideal to use certain weapons for different scenarios. Nowadays you just pick which one is the strongest of which style you need. While abilities were meant to replace special attacks, they just don't give the same feel. Therefore, I am suggesting that a new "special abilities" tab be placed in the defense/constitution ability book (only because I view this as the effective "miscellaneous" book for abilities). In this tab, you will find all the special abilities unique to specific weapons. These abilities will have their own category outside of basic, threshold, and ultimate. Where you usually see those terms, you will instead see the word "special." They will not require adrenaline, they will not replenish it, and they will have a cool down of 5 minutes.​ The idea behind this is that the old special attacks were an occasional special ability that you didn't have to build up to use and were ready to go from the start of battle. I have chosen this 5 minute cool down because in the old system, it took 5 minutes for your special attack bar to fully replenish on its own. Unfortunately, this means that every special ability will technically use up "all of your special attack energy" unlike in the old system where an attack might only use half or a quarter. I have put in provisions for each special ability to counter balance this, though. For the most part, I have retained the old names of the old special attacks and tried to make their new abilities as close to the original special attack as possible. Also, off-hand weapons do not have their own special abilities except for the Enhanced Excalibur. Instead, off-hand weapons will slightly change the special ability of their main hand weapon if both matching weapons are dual wielded together when the special ability is performed.

In addition to this special ability suggestion, I am also suggesting that Jagex returns the ability to enter combat with a specific action again. An example would be clicking a spell in the spellbook like entangle or teleblock and then clicking on your desired target. This would allow you to enter combat with that spell. Instead, the current system forces you to first engage the target in combat and then it will allow you to cast your spell. If you click teleblock in your spell book, it will simply tell you that you do not have a target. While it is possible to use the special target button on the action bar to choose an opponent, that is an inefficient system. Some people may need very specific timing, like waiting to entangle/teleblock their target until they're in the right place. Having to first click the "target" action and then the spell is much less precise than simply having the spell activated and ready, waiting only for you to click a target. This also applies to situations where you're already in combat. It would allow you to auto-attack with one spell (like ice barrage) but occasionally cast a different spell (like bloodfire barrage) without changing your auto-cast spell. This would apply to more than just spells, obviously. Specifically, I am suggesting that this also apply to all abilities and special abilities. This will allow a ranged user to open combat with binding shot or another ability immediately, rather than targetting/attacking first before being able to activate the ability. This would also be critical for the special ability of the Crystal Bow, which allows you to heal allies. In most cases, you cannot engage in combat with them, like with summoning familiars, so it would be impossible to use the special ability there. Basically, I am suggesting that we be once again allowed to select any spell/ability, click on a target, and then engage in combat with that spell/ability as our first action.

Here's a picture of the new icon. Unfortunately I do not have time to create separate images for every special ability.
Posted Image

~Melee~

Dragon Weapons

Dragon Dagger
Posted Image Rapid Puncture: Doubles weapon speed for the next 30 seconds or until 8 attacks have been made. When used with a matching off-hand, this will be extended to 45 seconds or 12 attacks.

Notes: I designed this ability to resemble the old d dagger special attack as closely as possible. The old special allowed for a total of 8 fast paced attacks. However, you didn't have to use them all at once. I originally thought about making this a combo ability, but if you ate a piece of food or for whatever reason cancelled it only 4 attacks in, you would lose out on half of your special ability. This way, you have a full 30 seconds (or 45) to use up all of your double speed attacks. While under this effect, you can NOT use any other weapon-abilities with your d dagger until this effect is gone. You CAN activate this ability, use up 4 of its attacks, switch to a different weapon for 20 seconds (using abilities with this weapon), and then switch back to finish using your double speed dagger ability, so long as you do it before the time limit of the effect is up. Also, note that if you remove your off-hand dagger at ANY point in time, your rapid puncture effect will be reduced back to its normal length. This is to prevent someone from activating it with dual dragon daggers and then equipping an off-hand rapier or something for higher damage.

Dragon Pickaxe
Posted Image Shock: In combat: Reduces your target's damage dealt by 10% for 1 minute. Outside of combat: Ruptures the rock you're currently mining instantly providing you 5 ore of that rock's type and 1 uncut gem between sapphire and diamond. However, this instantly drains the rock rendering it unable to be mined until the ore inside it respawns. This also doubles the time it takes for its next respawn. Higher tier rocks like mithril, adamant and rune are capped at 4, 3 and 2 ores respectively.

Notes: I think it would actually be kind of cool to have some non-combat abilities we could use on certain tools. While this only applies to a couple items for now, it could be expanded to other wieldable-tools or even tools in our toolbelt. We could even have a whole ability book based solely around skilling. But that's a suggestion for another day.

Dragon Scimitar
Posted Image Disable: Nullifies your target's protection prayer or deflection curse and prevents their use for 1 minute. When used with a matching off-hand, this time is extended to 90 seconds.

Notes: This one used to be called sever, but since we already have an attack ability named that, I renamed it to better match up with its effect. Keeping in mind that this ability can only be used every 5 minutes, a 1 minute or even 90 second disable to their protection prayers isn't overpowered at all. In the old system it only turned them off for 5 seconds, hardly useful.

Dragon Longsword
Posted Image Carve: Your next 4 attacks deal up to 150% of your total weapon damage. This can be stacked additively with basic abilities. So if a basic ability normally does up to 125% and is used while carve is in effect, the attack will now do up to 175% (adding the bonus 50% of carve to the bonus of whichever basic ability you use). However, this uses up 2 of your available attacks. When used with a matching off-hand, this is increased to 6 attacks (or 3 when combined with a basic ability). From the time carve is activated, you will have 1 minute to use up your boosted attacks.

Notes: The idea behind this is that people will be able to occasionally do a higher than average normal attack or basic ability. It would be too overpowered to allow the effect to be used with a threshold or ultimate ability, so if one of these is used, they will not gain extra damage from carve nor will they use up any of carve's attacks. The name on this was also changed since cleave is another ability we already have.

Dragon Mace
Posted Image Rupture: Your next 4 attacks deal up to 175% weapon damage, but suffer a 25% reduction in accuracy. This can be combined with basic abilities like the dragon longsword ability above. When used with a matching off-hand, this will be increased to 6 attacks total. From the time rupture is activated, you will have 1 minute to use up your boosted attacks.

Dragon Battleaxe
Posted Image Rampage: For the next 2 minutes your damage dealt will increase by 25% while your accuracy and armor rating will decrease by 15%. When used with a matching off-hand, the time is increased to 3 minutes. This effect only applies to the dragon battleaxe. If you switch weapons, the effect disappears, unless you switch back to your dragon battleaxe before rampage's time is up. If the off-hand item is changed at any point in time, rampage's effect will be reduced to its normal length of 2 minutes. The extra damage dealt will stack with basic abilities but not threshold or ultimate ones.

Notes: I designed this one to act similar to the old dragon battleaxe special. However, it would be a bit overpowered to allow such a high increase in damage rating to be used with higher tiered weapons like the chaotic maul, so the ability only affects the dragon battleaxe now.

Dragon Halberd
Posted Image Sweep: Deals up to 150% weapon damage to all targets on the 3 squares in front of you and 125% to those on the 3 squares behind them for your next 3 attacks. When used against a large NPC that takes up 2 or more spaces, sweep will do up to 250% weapon damage for your next 3 attacks against said NPC.

Notes: This ability is very similar to the old d hally ability. I've changed it a bit though so large npc's instead take 1 big hit instead of 2 smaller ones. Also, sweep will only damage 1 target per tile, so it cannot be used to kill 10 people standing on one spot.

Dragon Spear
Posted Image Shove: Push your target backwards 1 tile and stun them for 5 seconds. This will successfully stun your opponent even if they are currently immune to stuns, but can only be used on targets with at least 75% of their max lifepoints remaining. It also does not share a cool down with other stunning abilities like kick or backhand.

Notes: This is meant to make the dragon spear the "ultimate stunning weapon" but requires you to give up a potentially more lucrative special ability to use it. It also cannot be used on targets below 75% max lifepoints because it's easy to wrack up 50% of their lifepoints in damage within 5 seconds.

Dragon Hatchet
Posted Image Clobber: In combat: Lowers your target's armor rating by 10% for 1 minute. Outside of combat: Instantly cuts down the tree you're chopping providing you with 5 logs of that tree's type and making a bird's nest appear on the ground below you. Bird's nests achieved in this manner cannot have tree seeds higher than maple or fruit tree seeds higher than pineapple.

Notes: This follows the pattern with the dragon pickaxe receiving a skill-based special ability. I decided to exclude yew, magic, papaya, and palm tree seeds from the bird's nests because this could potentially make them too easy to get and bring their price down, considering this can be performed every 5 minutes.

Dragon 2h Sword
Posted Image Powerstab: All targets directly adjacent to you (on one of the 8 tiles surrounding your character or standing on the same tile as you) suffer an attack that deals up to 150% weapon damage for your next 2 attacks. This can be stacked with basic abilities. No more than 14 targets may be damaged in this manner.

Dragon Claw
Posted Image Slice and Dice: Your next attack will be a combo of 4 attacks all taking place within 1 game tick of each other. The first attack is guaranteed to hit between 150-200% weapon damage, unless it misses. The second between 100-150%, the third between 75-125%, and the 4th between 75-125%, unless they miss of course. When used with a matching off-hand, the effect will apply to your next 2 attacks. You have up to 1 minute after activating slice and dice to use your attacks.

Notes: This is an attempt to breathe life back into the claws. This special attack would carry over to the new chaotic claws, though some feedback on this would be appreciated. Would that be too overpowered? Maybe the special attack should do less damage for the chaotic version?

Other Melee Weapons

Abyssal Whip
Posted Image Adrenaline Transfer: Instantly transfers 25% of your target's adrenaline bar and gives it to you. If your target does not have 25% adrenaline, it will drain as much as they have and give that amount to you. When used against an NPC, you will instantly receive a 50% boost to your adrenaline.

Notes: I designed this one to make the whip a competitive weapon for pvp use again, but also so it wouldn't be entirely useless against NPC's. I don't believe it's overpowered since it can only be used every 5 minutes.

Abyssal Vine Whip
Posted Image Vine Call: Summon vines to ensnare your target, binding them in place for 20 seconds. While bound, your target will be attacked by the vines once every 2 seconds dealing damage equal to 33% of your whip's weapon strength and 125% of its accuracy. Your target will also lose 5% of their run energy every time the vines attack.

Barrelchest Anchor
Posted Image Sunder: Your next 2 attacks with this weapon will deal up to 200% weapon damage with 200% accuracy. This cannot be stacked with any abilities. You have 1 minute after activating sunder to use your attacks.

Brackish Blade
Posted Image 'Rum'ify: For the next 2 minutes, all attacks with this weapon will have 200% accuracy and successful hits cannot hit below 50% of your maximum damage.

Granite Maul
Posted Image Triple Smash: Your next attack will be a 3 second combo attack dealing 1 attack per game tick at up to 125% weapon strength.

Notes: Since the old granite maul special was 50%, you could attack once and then click it twice to quickly do 2 more attacks. This new ability will still perform 3 quick attacks, though they won't be instant like before. Also, being a combo attack, you can interrupt this by performing another action like eating food or using an ability before the combo is over.

Granite Mace
Posted Image Quadruple Smash: Your next attack will be a 4 second combo attack dealing 1 attack per game tick at up to 150% weapon strength.

Excalibur
Posted Image Sanctuary: Your armor rating will be increased by 10% for 1 minute. This bonus is lost if Excalibur is unequipped.

Enhanced Excalibur
Posted Image Enhanced Sanctuary: Your armor rating will be increased by 15% for 2 minutes. You will also heal 4% of your max lifepoints every 2 seconds up to 5 times for 20% of your max lifepoints. If the elite section of the Seer's Village task set is completed, you may upgrade your Enhanced Excalibur to an Elite Enhanced Excalibur. This increases the special ability to a 20% armor rating boost for 3 minutes and doubles the lifepoint regeneration time, totaling to 40% of your max lifepoints. Like with the original Excalibur, the armor rating boost is only in effect while the Enhanced Excalibur is equipped. If unequipped, the armor rating is lost until the special ability is performed again.

Notes: I wanted the Enhanced Excalibur to reclaim its glory as an amazing healing tool. Because of this special ability, the EE/EEE would lose its new passive healing ability. Also, since this can only be used every 5 minutes, it shouldn't be considered overpowered. This also shouldn't render the ability rejuvenate obsolete by any means. If anything, you could build your adrenaline up, use rejuvenate, and while waiting for rejuvenate to recharge use your Excalibur. Since they both have 5 minute cool downs, you'll still need to use some food or other healing method between these if you're fighting a fairly dangerous NPC.

Darklight
Posted Image Weaken: Against most enemies, this weapon will reduce their armor rating and damage dealt by 5% for 1 minute. Against demons, it will reduce them by 50% (20% against "boss" demons like tormented demons or Kril). This effect cannot be stacked by other players (otherwise 5 people could render Kril as powerful as an imp).

Brine Sabre
Posted Image Liquefy: For the next 2 minutes, all attacks with this weapon have 200% accuracy and receive a 150% damage boost, stackable with all abilities. This special ability only works underwater.

Ancient Mace
Posted Image Favour of the War God: Instantly restores prayer points equal to 20 times your current prayer bonus. Example: A bonus of 10 would restore 200 prayer points.

Notes: Look at this as the prayer alternative to the Enhanced Excalibur.

Korasi's Sword
Posted Image Disrupt: Deals between 200-400% weapon damage. Cannot miss. If the weapon was going to miss, it will instead deal its minimum possible hit. The attack does typeless damage that isn't affected by armor type.

Notes: Compare this to the ultimate ability Overpower which does the same damage range. Korasi's has always been a KO weapon and I'd like to give it that status back. More than likely, it will only do 200% damage, but occasionally you'll get that really high hit. Even 400% though isn't enough to do more than 50-60% to most high level players.

Statius's Warhammer
Posted Image Ultra Smash: Your next attack does up to 500% weapon damage and lowers the opponent's armor rating by 30% for 1 minute.

Vesta's Longsword
Posted Image Feint: Quickly slash your opponent twice in a row with 1 game tick between the two attacks, dealing up to 300% weapon damage per hit with a 150% accuracy for both attacks.

Vesta's Spear
Posted Image Spear Wall: Instantly do 100% weapon damage to all targets adjacent to you and prevent melee attacks from striking you for 5 seconds.

Saradomin Sword
Posted Image Saradomin's Lightning: Your next attack fires off two lightning bolts that each do between 50-150% weapon damage with 150% accuracy. Both bolts do typeless damage and cannot miss. If they were to miss, they would instead perform their minimum possible hit.

Zamorakian Spear
Posted Image Zamorak's Flames: Your next attack will engulf your target in flames doing 5 attacks 2 seconds apart that deal between 20-60% weapon damage each with 150% accuracy. The flames will all do typeless damage and cannot miss. If they were to miss, they would instead perform their minimum possible hit.

Notes: I made the Saradomin Sword special almost exactly like it used to be. I just changed the bolts to typeless and gave them a minimum/maximum hit. The Zamorakian Spear having the same special as the Dragon Spear was always stupid, so I've changed it to better juxtapose the Saradomin Sword. Both of these special attacks also pay homage to the old Saradomin Strike and Flames of Zamorak spells from the pre-eoc standard spellbook.

The Godswords

While I do appreciate the new passive effects on the godswords, it isn't really enough to replace their old special attacks. So instead I would rather see those effects removed and these special abilities put in place. Being the almighty godsword, I believe its fitting for some of the most powerful special abilities to be found here. If you believe something is too powerful or should be changed, please let me know.

Armadyl Godsword
Posted Image Judgment: Your next 2 attacks deal up to 300% weapon damage with a minimum hit of 100% weapon damage. You have 1 minute after activating Judgment to use both attacks.

Bandos Godsword
Posted Image Warstrike: This attack is guaranteed to hit between 100-200% weapon damage and cannot miss. Additionally, it will lower your target's armor rating by 40% and reduce their damage dealt by 10% for the next minute.

Saradomin Godsword
Posted Image Healing Blade: This attack is guaranteed to hit between 50-150% weapon damage and cannot miss. It will heal you by half the damage dealt, restore your prayer points by 1/10th of the damage dealt, and fully restore your run energy.

Zamorak Godsword
Posted Image Ice Cleave: This attack is guaranteed to hit between 50-150% weapon damage and cannot miss. It will bind your target in place for 20 seconds, stun them for 5 seconds, and increase the cool down of all their abilities by 50% for 1 minute. When used against an NPC, it will instead bind them in place for 40 seconds and slow down their attacking speed by 1 game tick for 1 minute.

Chaotic Weapons

Chaotic Rapier
Posted Image Chaotic Stab: A fierce stabbing attack that pierces through the opponent, guaranteeing a critical hit. The opponent will be 50% more susceptible to critical hits for the next 2 minutes. When used with a matching off-hand, a second strike will take place 1 game tick later, dealing half the damage the first strike did. The susceptibility to critical hits will also be increased to 3 minutes.

Chaotic Longsword
Posted Image Chaotic Slash: A fierce slashing attack that slices across the opponent, causing between 100-200% weapon damage, followed by a bleed over-time effect that does 10% of the original attack's damage once every game tick for 10 ticks. When used with a matching off-hand, the first attack will do between 150-300% damage.

Chaotic Maul
Posted Image Chaotic Crush: A fierce crushing attack that flattens the opponent, dealing up to 200% weapon damage. It also increases the damage they take by 50% and reduces the damage they deal by 50% for the next 2 minutes.

Drygore Weapons

Drygore Rapier
Posted Image Kalphite Flurry: Unleashes a barrage of 6 stabs all 1 game tick apart from each other that slowly increase in power and accuracy. The first stab can do up to 10% damage with 100% accuracy, the second 20% damage with 200% accuracy, the third 30% damage with 300% accuracy, and so forth up to 6 total stabs. This will cap out at a total possible damage of 210% weapon power for all 6 stabs. When a matching off-hand is equipped, the chain will continue up to 9 total stabs, bringing its total possible damage to 450% weapon power.

Drygore Longsword
Posted Image Kalphite Gash: Slash a fierce wound diagonally across your opponent doing up to 200% weapon damage with an additional 50% chance of the attack being a critical strike. When used with a matching off-hand, you will perform another slash going the other diagonal direction at the same time, giving your opponent an "x-shaped" wound. This will increase the potential weapon damage to 300% with an additional 75% of the attack being a critical hit.

Drygore Mace
Posted Image Kalphite Pummel: Instantly cause 4 attacks, each 1 game tick apart, that can do up to 75% weapon damage each, with 200% accuracy. When used with a matching off-hand, 6 attacks will occur, each doing up to 100% weapon damage, with 300% total accuracy.

~Ranged~

Seercull
Posted Image Soulshot: Does up to 150% damage and lowers the target's magic accuracy and damage dealt by 5% for 30 seconds.

Saradomin Bow
Posted Image Restorative Shot: Hits between 50-100% weapon damage and cannot miss. Instantly heals you for 200% of the damage that was done.

Zamorak Bow
Posted Image Twin Shot: Hits between 100-200% weapon damage and cannot miss. No added effect.

Guthix Bow
Posted Image Balanced Shot: Hits between 75-150% weapon damage and cannot miss. Instantly heals you for 75% of the damage that was done.

Zanik's Crossbow
Posted Image Defiance: Deals a guaranteed hit of 200% weapon damage to any players using prayers and disables those prayers, also preventing use of all prayers/curses for the next 10 seconds. Against NPC's, defiance will instead do between 100-150% weapon damage.

Dark Bow
Posted Image Descent of Darkness: Fires two arrows that both deal between 30-130% damage and cannot miss. When used with dragon arrows equipped, the special ability is instead called Descent of Dragons and fires two arrows that deal between 60-160% weapon damage and cannot miss. With both special attacks, both arrows will do the exact same damage unless the opponent doesn't have enough lifepoints, in which case the second arrow will just do as much damage as the opponent's remaining lifepoints.

Hand Cannon
Posted Image Aimed Shot: Fires an attack that has 200% accuracy and can deal up to 150% weapon damage. However, it takes 1 game tick longer to fire and increases the chance of the hand cannon exploding.

Morrigan's Throwing Axe
Posted Image Hamstring: Deals up to 150% weapon damage and reduces the target's run energy to 0. Also prevents your target from restoring any run energy for the next minute.

Morrigan's Javelin
Posted Image Phantom Strike: Does up to 200% weapon damage and adds a damage-over-time effect to the opponent, doing 10% of the damage dealt every second for 10 seconds.

Dragon Crossbow
Posted Image Enchanted Strike: Your next shot will be guaranteed to activate the special effect from an enchanted bolt. If used with a matching off-hand, your next 2 shots will have this effect. If an enchanted bolt is not equipped, the attack will instead have 200% accuracy. The 2h Dragon Crossbow has the same special ability, applying the effect to the next 2 shots you fire.

Notes: Since the dragon crossbow can only fire enchanted bolts up to ruby, this won't be an overpowered special ability.

Armadyl Crossbow
Posted Image Wisdom of Armadyl: Your ranged accuracy is increased by 50% for 1 minute and you are immune to all magic damage for 10 seconds. The effect is lost if the Armadyl crossbow is unequipped.

Crystal Bow
Posted Image Seren's Beauty: When used against hostile NPC's or players in a pvp area, you will perform an attack that does up to 200% weapon damage with 200% accuracy. When used against a friendly NPC (like a summoning familiar, temple trekking follower, quest follower) or a player in a non-pvp area (must have accept aid on), you will heal them for the damage it would have dealt, healing up to 200% damage with 200% accuracy. You may heal players in a pvp area if they are wearing the same team-cape as you or are currently on your friend list.

Zaryte Bow
Posted Image Power of Zaros: Performs a combo attack that fires 4 shots 2 game ticks apart from each. The first shot will do up to 200% weapon damage, with a minimum hit of 100% weapon damage. The second shot will do up to 150% weapon damage with a minimum hit of 100% weapon damage. This shot will lower the target's armor rating by 20% and damage dealt by 5%. The third shot will do between 50-125% weapon damage and heal you by the amount of damage dealt. The fourth shot will do between 50-125% weapon damage, bind your target in place for 10 seconds, and stun them for 3 seconds. Combined, these 4 shots can do between a total of 300-600% weapon damage.

Notes: This special pays homage to the 4 godsword's special abilities by including a lesser version of each one in the 4 different shots. Keep in mind that this is a combo ability and can be interrupted by other abilities or actions. For its full effect, your character will have to sit there from start to finish. Also, given the fact that it takes a full 8 game ticks to complete, an opponent that's quick on their toes should be able to eat some food to prevent getting KO'd.

Royal Crossbow
Posted Image The Queen's Wrath: Your next attack is infused with dragonfire and usually cannot miss. It deals typeless damage between 25%-100% of the Queen Black Dragon's maximum hit with dragonfire. Opponents with partial protection to dragonfire (antifire potion or antifire shield) reduce the max hit to 50%. Opponents wearing a dragonfire shield reduce it to 25%. Opponents with full protection to dragonfire (antifire potion + antifire/dragonfire shield or a super antifire potion by itself) take no damage whatsoever from the attack. Does not work against dragons of any type or fire-based enemies like fire giants and dust devils.

Notes: Correct me if I'm mistaken (I haven't fought her yet), but the RS Wiki currently states the QBD's max hit with dragonfire to be around 2500. Considering that this attack would only be usable every 5 minutes and there are plenty of ways to decrease or even nullify its damage, I wouldn't consider it to be overpowered.

~Magic~

Armadyl Battlestaff
Posted Image Armadyl's Fury: All magical abilities have their cool-downs decreased by 50% for the next 2 minutes. If using momentum, the casting speed is sped up by 50% instead. This effect is removed if the Armadyl Battlestaff is unequipped.

Polypore Staff
Posted Image Polypore Spores: Fires many small polypore spores at your enemy, suffocating them. This does up to 150% spell damage on the initial attack and then applies a damage-over-time effect of 25% of what you hit every game tick for the next 4 ticks, ultimately doubling your damage.

Staff of Light
Posted Image Power of Light: Completely negates all melee damage for the next minute and all spells are free to cast during this time. This effect is lost if the staff of light is unequipped. When used against players, this effect only blocks 50% of melee damage. Although it can be combined with a protect/deflect melee prayer/curse for a total of 90% damage blocked.

Zuriel's Staff
Posted Image Miasmic Barrage: Deals up to 300% of your active spell damage and doubles the cool down of all of your opponents abilities for 30 seconds. When used against NPC's, it instead reduces their attack rate by 50% for 1 minute.

Greater Runic Staff
Posted Image Magical Mirror: Damage received for the next 5 seconds will be reflected upon the attacker similar to the vengeance spell effect. The rate depends on the style used. Melee attacks reflect 75% of the damage. Magic and typeless attacks will reflect 50% of the damage. Ranged attacks will only have 25% of the damage reflected back.

Master Wand
Posted Image Master Sorcerer: Instantly deals between 100-300% of your active spell damage and cannot miss. Additionally, your magic accuracy and damage dealt are increased by 10% for the next minute. When used with a mage's book, a second attack is fired off 2 game ticks later that does between 50-150% active spell damage. Additionally, the magic accuracy and damage boost is increased to 15% for the next 90 seconds.

Virtus Wand
Posted Image Ancient Blast: This ability activates a combo attack of 4 attacks done with 2 game ticks between each one. The first attack is a blast of gale, dealing between 50-125% spell damage and reducing the target's accuracy by 10% for 1 minute. The second attack is a blast of rock, dealing between 50-125% spell damage and reducing the target's total damage dealt by 10% for 1 minute. The third attack is a blast of bloodfire, dealing between 50-125% spell damage and healing the caster by half the damage inflicted. The fourth attack is a blast of ice, dealing between 50-125% spell damage and binding the target in place for 20 seconds along with a 3 second stun. When used against enemies with a weakness to magic, the minimum hits for each attack are raised to 75%. If the enemy is weak to a specific style of magic, that individual attack will be guaranteed to hit for the full 125% damage. The spells cannot miss, instead dealing their minimum possible hit. When used with a virtus book, all 4 attacks will have a 150% maximum hit and the effects will all last 50% longer (or heal 50% more for the bloodfire attack).

Notes: So the total damage from this special ability would be between 200-500% spell damage, 300-500% against a magic-weak enemy, and 200-600% when used with a virtus book also equipped. Each attack is obviously one of the 4 ancient spells, in name and effect. They're obviously stronger versions of the normal ancient spells since this is a 5-minute cool down ability, like all the special abilities. Magic has always needed a high hitting KO attack, so this would be a good choice. Keep in mind it is a combo attack and can be interrupted. Also, since it's drawn out over 8 game ticks, it will give the enemy time to react. Catch them off guard though and this should score you a KO if timed right.

Trivia
- These abilities are a new category called "special abilities" and are separate from basic, threshold, and ultimate ones.
- They do not use or replenish adrenaline, unless their ability is directly designed to affect adrenaline.
- All special abilities can be used while momentum is in effect without interrupting momentum.
- You do NOT have to have a target to select these abilities. Instead, you may right click the special ability, select the new option "choose target" and then enter combat with the ability. This is also essential to using the Crystal Bow's special to heal allies you cannot engage in combat with.
- Adrenaline potions will now take 1 minute off your special ability cool down, but they can only do this once every 5 minutes. They will still provide a small burst of adrenaline like before at their usual rate.
- There will be a different icon for each ability in the new "special abilities" category of the defense/constitution (the "miscellaneous") ability book.
- I have decided to leave out certain low level weapons for now (like the Dwarven Army Axe, Keenblade, Magic short bow, etc.).
- This list is not exhaustive. In fact, I didn't plan to type this many out. I just had too much fun thinking up cool special abilities! But the point of this was mostly to illustrate special abilities for the more competitive, higher level gear.
- Every weapon that provides an over-time effect cannot be unequipped until the effect is over or you will lose that effect until you reactivate that special ability.
- ALL weapon-specific special abilities share the same 5 minute cool down. So you cannot use one, then switch to a different weapon and immediately use its ability as well.
- As a general rule, matching off-hand items will usually bolster the effects of the special ability by 50%.

Closing
I am fully open to feedback and suggestions here. Think an ability is too powerful? Think one isn't powerful enough? Let me know and I'll gladly tweak things around. I'd like lots of feedback on this before I attempt to submit it to Jagex, so let loose! One issue I'm still undecided on is having a specific icon for every separate special ability. I've thought about just putting 1 icon called "Weapon Special Ability" in the constitution tab next to momentum. The only reason I'm in favor of a separate icon for each different ability is because in the old system, there was nothing that explained a weapon's special attack effect in-game. But despite how numerous the special abilities are, most people will likely just bind the one or two they might need at that moment to their action bar. So having a big group of icons in its own separate tab isn't really that bad. I also haven't yet thought up something for the new level 90 range and magic weapons, so some help there would be appreciated. And if you think of a good special for a weapon that isn't on here but you think should be, let me know!

Thank you for your time!
~Cypher

All weapon images are credited to The Runescape Wiki.

Edited by Cypher, 23 December 2013 - 02:35 AM.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

[3DS Friend Code: 4785-5458-1412 | Pokemon X and Animal Crossing: New Leaf]

#2 Dappa Don

Dappa Don

Jay

• RS Name:Dappa Don

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:50 AM

Brilliant read and a lot of time and effort has gone into this. Thanks for this post! :-)

Posted Image

#3 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

Dragon Pickaxe
I assume there would be some sort of limit on this for things like rune rocks? Because if you get an easy 5 ore every 5 minutes that comes out to 600k Gp/Hr added bonus over your regular ore mining. And the double respawn time wouldn't hurt anyone because people just mine the rune ore then quick hop to another world for more.

Dragon Longsword
This sounds somewhat OP, in just 4 attacks with only a dragon longsword and the fury basic ability this would add up to almost 6k damage.

Statius's Warhammer
This would add up to around 5750 damage per hit, not to mention making your next hit's more effective. It would certainly give this weapon it's value back but I think it should be more comparable to the

Vesta's Longsword
because in my opinion the VLS was always the better of the two.

I'd like to read through this some more, the majority of this seems very well thought out and it's clear you put a lot of effort into this. But for now I must go to class, I will edit this post once I go through the list some more.

Posted Image

Posted Image

~It's too late if it burns when you pee

#4 Brogusa

Brogusa

Friends, let's bring them Hell.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

Or rather than make abilities for each individual weapon, why not just create one icon in the Constitution section of your ability book that says: "Weapon's Specialty" or something?

The description could read:

Activate the true power of your weapon, and unleash a devastating attack on your opponent, for up to 275% of your weapon damage (certain weapons will have a different attack). Combo attack; Ultimate ability; Cooldown - 120 seconds

(keep in mind, specs WERE nerfed for a reason, and some of your special attacks seem a bit OP).

The 275% damage occurs 3% of the time, actual damage is more likely to be within the 175-200% region. Accuracy for non-spec weapons is 51% chance of hitting, spec weapons listed above hit 100% of the time.

Edited by The Puppetmaster, 15 January 2013 - 09:10 AM.

#5 Cypher

Cypher

| (• ◡•)|

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

View Postspoonheb, on 15 January 2013 - 08:49 AM, said:

Dragon Pickaxe
I assume there would be some sort of limit on this for things like rune rocks? Because if you get an easy 5 ore every 5 minutes that comes out to 600k Gp/Hr added bonus over your regular ore mining. And the double respawn time wouldn't hurt anyone because people just mine the rune ore then quick hop to another world for more.
600k gp/hour is nothing compared to most other high level methods. I see no downside to rewarding high level miners with an actually feasible way to make money. This would probably make rune mining a bit more desirable again, which would increase the competition and prevent the prices from dropping too low.

Dragon Longsword
This sounds somewhat OP, in just 4 attacks with only a dragon longsword and the fury basic ability this would add up to almost 6k damage.
The dragon longsword can only do up to 2 attacks if combined with an ability, or 3 if also using an off-hand dragon longsword. So the max damage would be a bit over 4k instead. And that's the maximum, which won't be seen that often.

Statius's Warhammer
This would add up to around 5750 damage per hit, not to mention making your next hit's more effective. It would certainly give this weapon it's value back but I think it should be more comparable to the

Vesta's Longsword
because in my opinion the VLS was always the better of the two.
The statius special ability only does 1 attack, not multiple. So that would be up to 5750 for that one attack. Most of the time you won't hit that high. The further effect is just to help replicate its old ability to lower the opponent's defense. As for the VLS, I think it's hard to claim one is better than the other. The VLS does more damage overall, but this is divided into 2 attacks (opponent can heal between them) and the VLS does not have an added effect. Keep in mind that these weapons are very expensive to use and need a good reason to justify using them.

View PostThe Puppetmaster, on 15 January 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

Or rather than make abilities for each individual weapon, why not just create one icon in the Constitution section of your ability book that says: "Weapon's Specialty" or something?
I mentioned that in my closing paragraph and brought up the pros/cons of having it either way. For one, I don't want every weapon to have a special ability. This is reserved for high level content and to create a purpose, no matter how niche, for various popular weapons that have recently been left in the dust.

Activate the true power of your weapon, and unleash a devastating attack on your opponent, for up to 275% of your weapon damage (certain weapons will have a different attack). Combo attack; Ultimate ability; Cooldown - 120 seconds
(keep in mind, specs WERE nerfed for a reason, and some of your special attacks seem a bit OP).
The 275% damage occurs 3% of the time, actual damage is more likely to be within the 175-200% region. Accuracy for non-spec weapons is 51% chance of hitting, spec weapons listed above hit 100% of the time.
I don't like this because all it does is give every weapon an increase in damage. At this point you're just better off choosing the highest damaging weapon available to you. Instead, I want there to be very unique effects for the more unique weapons in the game. Each one should have both pros and cons to using and require different scenarios to truly shine.

Thanks for the feedback though, guys! Keep looking and let me know if there's something else I should look at.

Edited by Cypher, 15 January 2013 - 09:38 AM.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#6 Cera S6

Cera S6

Violent Resolution Founder

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

Although this is very thought out and well done, I think spec would just be too overpowered with the new game play. Special attacks along with abilities would just completely destroy someone's lifepoints. Some of these numbers powered of 5k+ damage in one attack is just crazy when you have only like 8k life.

Edited by Cera S6, 15 January 2013 - 09:38 AM.

Mike|Cera_S6 - Violent Resolution Founder
Posted Image
P2P Teams: Overwhelming Threat Member (06) | Infamous PKers Member (09) | Border Patrol Member (09) | Genocide Member (10) | Frozen Fury Warlord (11 - 13)
F2P Teams: Noobs Inc Member (06) | Team X Warlord (09) | Northern Kings Warlord (12) | Evolution Warlord (12) | Octane Member (12)
Clans: Fear Member (04) | THE Futures Member (05) | Awaken Officer (05/06) | Violent Resolution Founder (06 - Present)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Community Leader of General Discussion, Clan Discussion, Clan Fights & Events and United Nations - Feel free to PM me with any questions/concerns Posted Image
Posted Image | Posted Image

#7 Cypher

Cypher

| (• ◡•)|

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

View PostCera S6, on 15 January 2013 - 09:37 AM, said:

Although this is very thought out and well done, I think spec would just be too overpowered with the new game play. Special attacks along with abilities would just completely destroy someone's lifepoints. Some of these numbers powered of 5k+ damage in one attack is just crazy when you have only like 8k life.
I see your point, but do keep in mind that these special abilities can only be used once every 5 minutes. In most PvP, a fight can barely last 5 minutes, 10 max before someone is out of supplies and needs to flee or just dies. You'll see a special ability thrown in there once, twice if you're lucky. For the most part, people will try to use them as a KO'ing move, which is how many of them are intended. Think of them as a weapon's ultimate ability. However, I do see the problem with using a powerful threshold or ultimate ability directly after a large special ability hit. Would it be fair if, directly after using a special ability, all thresholds were unusable for 5 seconds and all ultimates 10 seconds?

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#8 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

View PostCypher, on 15 January 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

600k gp/hour is nothing compared to most other high level methods. I see no downside to rewarding high level miners with an actually feasible way to make money. This would probably make rune mining a bit more desirable again, which would increase the competition and prevent the prices from dropping too low.
That's 600k extra an hour on top of the normal what is it? 500k An hour of the current mining method. Also this would be extremely easy for bots to exploit. I'm not sure what you mean by prices dropping too low, do you mean runite prices? Because almost all rune items are currently at alch price. Also dragon pickaxe is not too common of a drop and is a substantial bit more compared to say a dragon hatchet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 Cypher

Cypher

| (• ◡•)|

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

View Postspoonheb, on 15 January 2013 - 09:57 AM, said:

That's 600k extra an hour on top of the normal what is it? 500k An hour of the current mining method. Also this would be extremely easy for bots to exploit. I'm not sure what you mean by prices dropping too low, do you mean runite prices? Because almost all rune items are currently at alch price. Also dragon pickaxe is not too common of a drop and is a substantial bit more compared to say a dragon hatchet.
Even if it totals to over 1m/hour, I'm still fine with that rate. Skilling has needed a boost for a long time. But, if it really does seem like too much, I'd be fine lowering rune to 3 ores. And I meant that it might lower rune ore/bar prices if more people are out mining them. But with the low spawn rates and locations, competition would be high, hopefully keeping the price of the ores/bars at a decent level.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#10 Cera S6

Cera S6

Violent Resolution Founder

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

View PostCypher, on 15 January 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

View PostCera S6, on 15 January 2013 - 09:37 AM, said:

I see your point, but do keep in mind that these special abilities can only be used once every 5 minutes. In most PvP, a fight can barely last 5 minutes, 10 max before someone is out of supplies and needs to flee or just dies. You'll see a special ability thrown in there once, twice if you're lucky. For the most part, people will try to use them as a KO'ing move, which is how many of them are intended. Think of them as a weapon's ultimate ability. However, I do see the problem with using a powerful threshold or ultimate ability directly after a large special ability hit. Would it be fair if, directly after using a special ability, all thresholds were unusable for 5 seconds and all ultimates 10 seconds?
Understandable but then I don't know if there's necessarily a point for these specials. Yes, someone is going to want to use them as a KO, finishing move. But if they have to wait 5-10 second before using it after casting an ability, I think people would just rather spam their abilities. But then again, I guess it would be better rather than waiting for 100% adrenaline again.

This would just basically be an extra ultimate ability based on your weapon which instead of waiting for 100% adrenaline, you'd have no matter what just for wielding the weapon. And then there's a cooldown for say, switching between one special weapon to another and such? May work. Would be interesting to see at least.

Mike|Cera_S6 - Violent Resolution Founder
Posted Image
P2P Teams: Overwhelming Threat Member (06) | Infamous PKers Member (09) | Border Patrol Member (09) | Genocide Member (10) | Frozen Fury Warlord (11 - 13)
F2P Teams: Noobs Inc Member (06) | Team X Warlord (09) | Northern Kings Warlord (12) | Evolution Warlord (12) | Octane Member (12)
Clans: Fear Member (04) | THE Futures Member (05) | Awaken Officer (05/06) | Violent Resolution Founder (06 - Present)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Community Leader of General Discussion, Clan Discussion, Clan Fights & Events and United Nations - Feel free to PM me with any questions/concerns Posted Image
Posted Image | Posted Image

#11 Dale x

Dale x

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

Well done. i can see lots of time and effort was put into this, it was a very interesting Read.

Posted Image

Once Proud, Always proud

| Ex |

EA Posted ImageLeader | AR Posted ImageCouncil

#12 Jaddy

Jaddy

Accomplished Agility Freak

• RS Name:Jaddy
  • Clan:Zybeznet
  • Team:Zchat

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

whilst i appreciate the time you put into this, i am afraid i dont agree with the second part of the suggestion.
i would like weapons to have their own special ability, one unique to that weapon, however, the special attacks were removed to prevent that some weapons only were used to switch to, spec, and switch back to main weapon. in the second part of your suggestion, where you list abilities of some weapons, you limit yourself (mainly) to dragon weapons. Dragon weapons are really outdated, and giving them a special ability means that the flaw jagex dealt with by removing special attacks is reintroduced.

what i also noticed is that you left chaotics out, is there a reason for this?

another point: the god bows and godswords have an ability that cannot miss. i think this is really overpowered, because that would also mean they have a guaranteed hit on someone in opposite gear (mage gear vs godswords and melee gear vs the bows). especially with the bgs, a guaranteed lowering of 40% of their defences is really really overpowered.

Edited by Jaddy, 15 January 2013 - 10:57 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Maxed: 6th of August 2012
2496:19th of October 2012
Completionist: 30th of October 2012
2595: 25th of September 2013

#13 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

View PostCypher, on 15 January 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

But, if it really does seem like too much, I'd be fine lowering rune to 3 ores. And I meant that it might lower rune ore/bar prices if more people are out mining them
Yes, it would make more sense if the higher tier rock you mine the less ores you get with said ability. For instance you get like 5 iron, 4 coal, 3 mithril, 2 addy, 2 rune.
And if rune ore/bar prices dropped any lower, high level smithing would be profitable which would increase demand for ores and they would be forced to stay at about the same price they are now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 Brogusa

Brogusa

Friends, let's bring them Hell.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

View PostCypher, on 15 January 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

I mentioned that in my closing paragraph and brought up the pros/cons of having it either way. For one, I don't want every weapon to have a special ability. This is reserved for high level content and to create a purpose, no matter how niche, for various popular weapons that have recently been left in the dust.

I don't like this because all it does is give every weapon an increase in damage. At this point you're just better off choosing the highest damaging weapon available to you. Instead, I want there to be very unique effects for the more unique weapons in the game. Each one should have both pros and cons to using and require different scenarios to truly shine.

This was just a suggestion I came up with off the top of my head. It needs a bit of work though, but you do need to understand that special attacks were nerfed because of the high KO rate that many weapons had prior to EoC's launch. So if Jagex were to actually implement this, then there would have to be countermeasures to prevent another OP spec weapon like Korasi's sword to come back into existence. EoC is all about balancing out the combat triangle. If one side of the triangle were to get an overpowered ability, then that would just be a complete 180 on Jagex's part.

The reason why I put it as an Ultimate is so that way, a special attack cannot be abused by players, so they'd have to use it sparingly when they want to either turn the tables on your opponent OR just finish a fight that's going on for too long. The ability needs to also even out for non-spec weapons, otherwise you'll have butthurt players. Besides, the low accuracy is the same as Overpower (hits 30-50% of the time), so I don't exactly see what's going on.

Edited by The Puppetmaster, 15 January 2013 - 11:15 AM.

#15 Aflstar

Aflstar

• RS Name:Aflstar
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

The detail in this is wonderful. They idea as a whole is wonderful.

I really like how some weapons, (The Dragon Hatchet and Axe) have abilities that can be used outside of combat. I really think that is what's needed for skilling to advance, in light of the EoC. Perhaps you could add a special 'attack' to the kebbit fishing spear, which would give a similar reward to the others, 5 fish and a casket.

Just an idea, keep up the good work :-D

Posted Image

#16 Jay

Jay

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

This is an absolutely beautiful post. I wish they'd actually implement some of this, amazing detail and time went into this. +1'd for sure.

"Your tenacity is admirable, but pointless."

Posted Image

#17 Cypher

Cypher

| (• ◡•)|

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

View PostCera S6, on 15 January 2013 - 10:23 AM, said:

Understandable but then I don't know if there's necessarily a point for these specials. Yes, someone is going to want to use them as a KO, finishing move. But if they have to wait 5-10 second before using it after casting an ability, I think people would just rather spam their abilities. But then again, I guess it would be better rather than waiting for 100% adrenaline again.

This would just basically be an extra ultimate ability based on your weapon which instead of waiting for 100% adrenaline, you'd have no matter what just for wielding the weapon. And then there's a cooldown for say, switching between one special weapon to another and such? May work. Would be interesting to see at least.
Yeah, I like to view them as an alternative to a threshold/ultimate ability, but ones that don't drain your adrenaline in case you want to use another ultimate soon. In the current PvP, the KO goes to whoever pulls off an ultimate ability at the right time. There are very few abilities that can do up to half someone's lifepoints for melee and range, and mage doesn't have anything. Thanks to the damage cap on spells, omnipower is severely under-powered. This would give us a huge variety for our "ko ability" of choice and some of the magic abilities above actually let magic have some KO'ing power for once. Also, you could use basic abilities at any point before/after the special ability. The timer for threshold/ultimates is just to prevent someone from using a special ability followed by a threshold/ultimate to take out almost all of the opponent's lifepoints in 2 attacks.

View PostJaddy, on 15 January 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

whilst i appreciate the time you put into this, i am afraid i dont agree with the second part of the suggestion.
i would like weapons to have their own special ability, one unique to that weapon, however, the special attacks were removed to prevent that some weapons only were used to switch to, spec, and switch back to main weapon. in the second part of your suggestion, where you list abilities of some weapons, you limit yourself (mainly) to dragon weapons. Dragon weapons are really outdated, and giving them a special ability means that the flaw jagex dealt with by removing special attacks is reintroduced.

what i also noticed is that you left chaotics out, is there a reason for this?

another point: the god bows and godswords have an ability that cannot miss. i think this is really overpowered, because that would also mean they have a guaranteed hit on someone in opposite gear (mage gear vs godswords and melee gear vs the bows). especially with the bgs, a guaranteed lowering of 40% of their defences is really really overpowered.
Well, I mostly included dragon weapons for old time's sake. But I'd be fine with moving past them and not giving them special abilities, since melee already does have a lot. I don't see anything wrong with switching to a weapon just to use its special ability. Right now the only weapon I should use is the highest damaging one available to me, which in most cases is the chaotic maul. It'd be nice for there to be a reason to at least own a few other weapons. Although, I see your point with a weapon being solely used to switch to. Although this goes against my original intentions, what if special abilities had to be "built up" to? It wouldn't be like adrenaline, Instead, make it so you have to have had that weapon wielded for 30 seconds (don't even have to be in combat) before you're able to use its special ability. This would prevent people just switching to the weapon and the opponent wouldn't be completely caught off guard. Not sure what I think of this though, so some feedback on it would be appreciated.

As for chaotics, I mentioned them in my closing area along with the new drygore weapons. I just don't have a good idea for a special ability for them yet, so if someone thinks of one, that'd be helpful. I could see removing dragon weapon specials and now that claws are technically chaotic weapons, giving them their special ability only once upgraded with the new chaotic spikes. The d pick/hatchet would keep their skilling-based abilities. And when using one of those can't-miss abilities against the opposite style, you will be much more likely (I'm thinking at least 90% of the time) to hit the bare minimum possible hit. And you won't be able to use ANY special ability for the next 5 minutes. By then the fight will likely be over anyways. I truly don't see a problem with the can't-miss abilities because 1 guaranteed strike every 5 minutes shouldn't be overpowered. And you'll very rarely see a high hit from them if they're used against the opposite style. Against the same or lesser style, you'll have a better chance of a high hit. I'm open to nerfing the BGS a bit though. Maybe a 10-40% armor rating reduction, depending on how high you hit? If you hit your max, 40% is reduced. If you hit half your max, 20% is reduced, and so forth.

View Postspoonheb, on 15 January 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

Yes, it would make more sense if the higher tier rock you mine the less ores you get with said ability. For instance you get like 5 iron, 4 coal, 3 mithril, 2 addy, 2 rune.
I added a provision in the dragon pickaxe's special ability description to give less ores for higher tier rocks.

View PostThe Puppetmaster, on 15 January 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

This was just a suggestion I came up with off the top of my head. It needs a bit of work though, but you do need to understand that special attacks were nerfed because of the high KO rate that many weapons had prior to EoC's launch. So if Jagex were to actually implement this, then there would have to be countermeasures to prevent another OP spec weapon like Korasi's sword to come back into existence. EoC is all about balancing out the combat triangle. If one side of the triangle were to get an overpowered ability, then that would just be a complete 180 on Jagex's part.

The reason why I put it as an Ultimate is so that way, a special attack cannot be abused by players, so they'd have to use it sparingly when they want to either turn the tables on your opponent OR just finish a fight that's going on for too long. The ability needs to also even out for non-spec weapons, otherwise you'll have butthurt players. Besides, the low accuracy is the same as Overpower (hits 30-50% of the time), so I don't exactly see what's going on.
Well, I do believe some weapons should have a high KO potential with their special ability, while others are more defensive. Some are designed solely to increase your DPS (I don't see anyone getting a KO with an abby whip vine, but the added damage will surely aid the fight). I feel like a did a fairly good job balancing abilities between styles. The only true way to balance it would be to have the exact same ability copied 3 times across the combat triangle. Instead, I just made sure every style has a few powerful KO-type attacks along with some weaker ones for added dps or for defensive use. Your ability suggestion is really just a large increase to damage. That is literally no different than the overpower ability, other than being able to be used with every weapon. That's not a weapon-specific special ability. While some of them are used for increased damage, many have other, varied uses and effects like healing, stunning, disabling prayer, increasing opponent's ability cool-down rates, etc. These extra effects outside of damage are where special abilities truly shine and give some variety back to combat. It's all about chaining attacks to get as much dps as possible now. Nobody cares to use any sort of effects on their opponents (like the vulnerability/enfeeble/stun spells... I don't see anyone use those). While an ability that increases the opponent's cool-down rate of their own abilities might not give you a KO, it will give you an edge for the next minute, one which may ultimately claim victory for you.

View PostAflstar, on 15 January 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

The detail in this is wonderful. They idea as a whole is wonderful.

I really like how some weapons, (The Dragon Hatchet and Axe) have abilities that can be used outside of combat. I really think that is what's needed for skilling to advance, in light of the EoC. Perhaps you could add a special 'attack' to the kebbit fishing spear, which would give a similar reward to the others, 5 fish and a casket.

Just an idea, keep up the good work :-D
Thanks! I did mention in the notes for the d pick that this would definitely open the door to more skilling based abilities. I'd even like to see an entire skilling ability book, but like I said, that's a different suggestion for another day. Maybe I'll draft something up and make it its own, separate suggestion.

View PostJay, on 15 January 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

This is an absolutely beautiful post. I wish they'd actually implement some of this, amazing detail and time went into this. +1'd for sure.
Thank you very much! :-)

Edited by Cypher, 15 January 2013 - 06:12 PM.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#18 JessyU

JessyU

• RS Name:HeyitsJessy
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

I miss special attacks, everything is so monotonous without them. +1ed

Edited by JessyU, 17 January 2013 - 12:03 AM.

Nobody told the sheep, that they outnumber the wolves.

#19 GuiltySpark

GuiltySpark

Monitor

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

View PostJessyU, on 15 January 2013 - 11:44 PM, said:

I miss special attacks, everything is so monogamous without them. +1ed

Methinks you mean monotonous.
http://puu.sh/1OnRf
http://puu.sh/1OnRQ

Edited by GuiltySpark, 16 January 2013 - 03:28 AM.

-Guilty Spark

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 Xtrm

Xtrm

(ง •̀_•́)ง

• RS Name:Xtrm
  • RS Status:Inactive
  • Team:Sad Unit

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

I love this! Have you posted them on the RuneScape forums to gain the attention of Jagex moderators? Because the odds of a moderator seeing them on this forums is slim to none.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: