23 replies to this topic

#1 Jaacco

Jaacco

• RS Name:Jaacco
  • RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:Fools

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

Hati & Sköll (members only)

It's that time of year again; when Hati the legendary wolf stalks the rime-dusted forests of the Fremennik Province, and the Fremennik people plot to lure and capture his brother - Sköll - with a blaze as bright as the sun.

Speak to Vali outside Rellekka, and you'll be able to fight Hati when he appears regularly in the woods to the south east of Vali's location. You'll most likely need to work with others to win. If you contribute to the fight at all, though, you'll be able to claim paws which double combat XP gained for the next 10 in-game hours that they're worn, and a cosmetic cloak and hood. These are dropped upon his defeat for everyone who pitched in, so don't be afraid to get involved, even if you're low-levelled. If you already own them, you won't receive them again, but your paws will be recharged - although only once for this year's event.

Speak to Vitharr on the coast, far to the west of Rellekka, for details of how to lure and fight Sköll. Whether you fuel the fire that brings him to Gielinor, or help to defeat him once he arrives, you'll be able to pick up a set of boots, which are dropped upon his demise for everyone who helped. These give aboost to Agility and Woodcutting XP earned while worn, equivalent to the combat XP boost from the paws. As with the paws, if you already own the boots, you'll get your annual recharge instead. Everyone involved also has the chance to find an all-new, cosmetic Sköll amulet.

Combat Updates

As promised in Mod Mark's recent Og Blog, we've made a number of major changes to the way combat works:
  • Chaotic spikes are now available from the rewards vendor on Daemonheim Peninsula, which can be added to dragon claws (5 each for both the main-hand and off-hand claws) . These powerful new chaotic claws require 80 Attack to wield, and degrade in the same way as other chaotic weapons.
  • The defensive values of armour and weapons have been re-factored to provide additional effectiveness and worth to higher level gear and weaponry. NPCs have also undergone a similar treatment, so be warned when returning to tougher NPCs in lower-level gear.
  • Torva, Pernix and Virtus gear now confer class-specific strength bonuses to the wearer. There is also an additional strength bonus for wearing a full set of Torva, Pernix or Virtus gear. The Bandos chestplate, Armadyl chestplate and Subjugation (sp) robe top have had class-specific strength bonuses added as well.
  • Regeneration is 20% less effective than it was, and Rejuvenation now has a 5-minute cooldown.
Along with the economic effects discussed in Mod Mark's blog, these changes make high-end gear as awesome as it should be - and a must-have when going toe-to-toe with the Kalphite King!
Enjoy!

The RuneScape Team

In Other News
  • The Kalphite King is here! Take a look here for full details on facing down this invertebrate abomination!

Posted Image

Senior Moderator - Clan Discussion Leader
PM me if you need assistance.

#2 Kaur

Kaur

• RS Status:Member
  • Clan:RSD
  • Team:Team NH

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Kaur, 14 January 2013 - 09:31 AM.

Posted Image
Coming soon from Jagex Software! Runescape, our massive multiplayer adventure. Trade and communicate with other players. Learn skills to earn money, or if you're brave attempt to find riches in the dungeons. Your charactor will continue to evolve and improve the more you play, with quests to complete for extra rewards. Choose good or evil the choice is entirely yours!

#3 ~ Darky ~

~ Darky ~

• RS Name:XsDarknesssX

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

not sure though if the changes are really that big or not since this is the only armor set i looked at.

Posted Image

#4 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

NPCs have also undergone a similar treatment, so be warned when returning to tougher NPCs in lower-level gear.

I really wish Jagex didn't put it that loosely...

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#5 Sandor44

Sandor44

Sandy beach

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

View PostMilktea4me, on 14 January 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

NPCs have also undergone a similar treatment, so be warned when returning to tougher NPCs in lower-level gear.

I really wish Jagex didn't put it that loosely...
I wonder what they classify as 'tougher NPCs', I swear I seemed stronger during my Hellhound task just now. Also, the stats on those lvl 90 weapons seem insane, I wonder if ranged and magic are going to lag behind again?
Posted Image

#6 iFeennix

iFeennix

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

mmm sound interesting thanks for the advise

Edited by iFeennix, 14 January 2013 - 10:21 AM.

#7 Xtrm

Xtrm

(ง •̀_•́)ง

• RS Name:Xtrm
  • RS Status:Inactive
  • Team:Sad Unit

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:35 AM

Posted Image

The new amulet dropped from Skoll. It's purely cosmetic, and it looks pretty cool.

Posted Image

#8 ~ Darky ~

~ Darky ~

• RS Name:XsDarknesssX

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

here are some shots from Dung shows the extrapolation pretty well into 90/99 tier stuff

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 No1

No1

Disaster Control Ward

• RS Name:No1 1000
  • Clan:Zybeznet

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

Thank you, Darky.

Based on those values, here is your platebody curve:

Posted Image

Other armor pieces most likely follow the same curve at a smaller multiplier. The precise coefficients are a=141.3019978628, b=0.04878299117373.

Table for chestplates, based on that formula:
LevelArmor

"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and
naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."

- Douglas Adams (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

#10 Brogusa

Brogusa

Friends, let's bring them Hell.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

Aw fudge -_-

Looks like Nex sets are gonna skyrocket ffs.
And it looks like Regenerate's gonna become dead content. GF Jagex.

#11 BrotherVoid1

BrotherVoid1

Retired Completionist

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

View PostNo1, on 14 January 2013 - 11:39 AM, said:

-graph-
You're the man.  I was just about to go to XPW to try to find this.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 defender2516

defender2516

• RS Status:Free

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

I haven't logged in to play.. but from what I can tell.. my accuracy and armor ratings (lvl 75) have gone up 3 times the normal amount.

But.. that leaves the question, how much more of a BUFF did the Npc's recieve? Did they get a 50% increase? 100%? 200%? 300?

Because if no npc's were buffed, I don't have to worry about the triangle, can go kill whatever I want now (except bosses)
Sign my siggy! PM me a quote and fill up my siggy bar!  (Started 07/03/07)

"Love who you are, and Love what you do." - Ecolab
"One who sets smaller goals along the way achieves more than who goes for the for the big one." - BMXer
"If no one else follows you, look for your shadow." -  Andrew DDR
"its amazing what you find when you just open you eyes" - Shanesy
"If light travels faster than sound maybe that's why people appear bright before they speak" - Insanewiggle
"Hard work beats talent when talent does not work hard." Time is P M

#13 Gohankuten

Gohankuten

Master of all Wills & Quests

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

Well CLS is obsolete weapon now.  Chaotic claws are better than CLS.  Claws are faster, cheaper token cost, and have increased crit chance.

Thanks to Arno for the +1
Thanks to Teelex for the +2
954th Person To 99 Hunter
Master of all Wills and Quests
Posted Image

#14 Sandor44

Sandor44

Sandy beach

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

View Postdefender2516, on 14 January 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

I haven't logged in to play.. but from what I can tell.. my accuracy and armor ratings (lvl 75) have gone up 3 times the normal amount.

But.. that leaves the question, how much more of a BUFF did the Npc's recieve? Did they get a 50% increase? 100%? 200%? 300?

Because if no npc's were buffed, I don't have to worry about the triangle, can go kill whatever I want now (except bosses)
I have been testing it and it seems that the higher the combat level the stronger they got.
Edit: Note the 'seems', I haven't actually verified the theory as a whole, just my assumption based on slayer so far.

Edited by Sandor44, 14 January 2013 - 12:59 PM.

Posted Image

#15 Brogusa

Brogusa

Friends, let's bring them Hell.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

View PostGohankuten, on 14 January 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

Well CLS is obsolete weapon now.  Chaotic claws are better than CLS.  Claws are faster, cheaper token cost, and have increased crit chance.

Weapon speed in EoC is irrelevant now. Abilities can negate weapon speed entirely. Tokens are one thing, but you also need to factor in the cost of Dragon claws. That and also abilities deal weapon-based damage now, and in terms of DPS, I estimate that CLS will still prove to be superior, regardless of critical hit chance.

#16 Jaddy

Jaddy

Accomplished Agility Freak

• RS Name:Jaddy
  • Clan:Zybeznet
  • Team:Zchat

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

View PostThe Puppetmaster, on 14 January 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

View PostGohankuten, on 14 January 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

Weapon speed in EoC is irrelevant now. Abilities can negate weapon speed entirely. Tokens are one thing, but you also need to factor in the cost of Dragon claws. That and also abilities deal weapon-based damage now, and in terms of DPS, I estimate that CLS will still prove to be superior, regardless of critical hit chance.
when using abilities they will both be trumped by godswords, simply because 2h>dual wielding.
when using momentum, claws>cls, because they -should- be the same dps, but claws have less overkill.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Maxed: 6th of August 2012
2496:19th of October 2012
Completionist: 30th of October 2012
2595: 25th of September 2013

#17 katar asakur

katar asakur

• RS Name:katar asakur

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

If my skoll boots are 28% charged is it because I didn't use them fully last year ?
Will it get to 100% after I use all my charges and kill skoll ?

Posted Image

#18 Lieutenant Dan

Lieutenant Dan

Zybez's Unofficial Brony Representative

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

View Postkatar asakur, on 14 January 2013 - 04:48 PM, said:

If my skoll boots are 28% charged is it because I didn't use them fully last year ?
Will it get to 100% after I use all my charges and kill skoll ?
No because your Skoll boots would have discharged any remaining bonus they had around May. They've done that every year to prevent bonus exp stacking.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#19 Justin

Justin

Even the sun melts down

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

They buffed way Ganos too much. It takes like 5 times as long to kill them. Double would have been overkill, but this is just absurd. They are completely useless for moneymaking and slaying now. :angry:

Posted Image
Do not PM me about price guide unbannings. Use this thread.

#20 Fregs

Fregs

• Clan:NBK
  • Team:The Titans

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

I like my booties :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size: