The Kalphite King

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

Poll: The Kalphite King (42 member(s) have cast votes)

How would you rate this update?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Jaacco

Jaacco

• RS Name:Jaacco
  • RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:Fools

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

The Kalphite King (members only)

The Kalphite King is here, and he's by far the toughest boss ever seen in RuneScape. He has a combat level of 230; three forms, each requiring different tactics; and an array of devastating attacks, including an ability that can one-hit kill anyone who doesn't avoid it!

The Kalphite King's too much to handle alone, so you'll need to bring friends. You can face him in groups of up to 20, and you'll need to have mastered the full breadth of EoC combat tactics to survive. You'll need to cycle tanks using threat-generating abilities, take careful note of the king and his minions' vulnerabilities, and co-ordinate your group to avoid deadly area-of-effect attacks.

Posted Image

With this in mind, you'll most likely want to face him in a group of friends, with whom you can practice and develop strategies. The Kalphite King's Chamber is instanced, and we've introduced a new grouping system for the area that lets you determine how and with whom you want to undertake this monumental combat feat. When you enter, you'll be asked whether you want to create a new instance or join another, and instances can be locked to a specified number of players; to a minimum combat level; and to those with a pass code of your choice. It's also possible to determine the spawn rate of the king within your instance.Head into the Exiled Kalphite Hive, if you dare. It's going to take all of your skill and concentration, a group of staunch comrades, high combat levels and the very best gear in the game to take down this mandibulate monstrosity.

Drygore Weapons (members only)

Speaking of gear, the Kalphite King brings with him the first level 90 equipment: the grotesquely powerful drygore weapons. Rare drops from the Kalphite King himself, they comprise a rapier, longsword and mace - as well as off-hand equivalents - and are wrought from nightmarish arthropod appendages. They're the very best dual-wielding melee weapons in the game - requiring level 90 Attack - and are sure to lay waste to whatever stands in your way.

Posted Image

Drygore weapons degrade with use, and can be repaired with chitin gathered from enemies in the new Exiled Kalphite Hive. This will drop in the form of untradeable damaged chitin, but a smith of level 60 or higher can break this down into chitin scraps at an anvil. This will render it tradeable, and ready for use in repairs.
Alternatively, speak to Bob in Lumbridge to repair your weapons in exchange for coins, or do so at an armour stand in your player-owned house.

Exiled Kalphite Hive (members only)

Zoologists, desert travellers and entomophobes alike are bewildered by the emergence of a new Kalphite Hive in the Kharidian Desert. Home to a new strain of 'exiled' kalphites, it has been theorised that these creatures have broken away from the original hive, and even that they are preparing for war against their former home.
No-one knows for certain why this new hive has been founded; why there are newly-evolved breeds of magic-using kalphite within; or why it is presided over not only by the Kalphite King, but also another Kalphite Queen. For now, those venturing into the hive can expect to find fierce opponents on which to train combat or Slayer, a source of chitin with which to repair drygore weapons, and the entrance to both the Kalphite King's and the Exiled Kalphite Queen's lairs. Drops from kalphites - both regular and exiled - have been improved to make them much more appealing as a combat target, and the original Kalphite Lair has been graphically updated to bring it in line with the quality of the new one, as have all kalphite NPCs, with the exception of the Kalphite Queen.
   Posted Image
Where to fight the Kalphite King:
  • Enter the Exiled Kalphite Hive, found to the south of the Jaldraocht Pyramid in the Kharidian Desert. The Kalphite King's Chamber can be found deep within.
  • Upon entering the Kalphite King's Chamber, you will be given the choice to either begin a new instance, with parameters defined by you, or to join an existing instance.
Requirements:
  • You must be a RuneScape member.
  • While there are no level requirements, it is strongly suggested that you have at least level 80 in both your primary combat skill and your Defence skill (for a combat level of at least 160) before you attempt to fight the Kalphite King.
  • We also suggest a group of at least 10 players, as well as the very best gear that your skill level allows you to wear.
  • Wielding drygore weapons requires level 90 Attack.
  • If you wish to break down damaged chitin for sale or weapon repairs, you will need at least level 60 Smithing.
Enjoy!

Mod Hunter

Behind the Scenes Video

If you haven't already, take a tour of the Kalphite King's Chamber in our recent Behind the Scenes video:

In Other News
  • Hati and Sköll are terrorising the Fremennik Province once again, and there have been a raft of awesome combat updates focused around high-end gear - including a way to convert dragon claws into new chaotic claws! Take a look here for full details.
  • There are some insect-actular new kalphite outfits available in Solomon's General Store!
  • Enjoying the Construction XP from God Statues? Build on these new foundations with Construction Training Packs - appearing more frequently on Squeal of Fortune this weekend! Details coming soon.
  • Check out the new Monster Weaknesses page: your one-stop reference for the weak points of your nastiest nemeses.
  • A great number of untradeable objects can now be noted, and many of those can also be traded to a familiar. We've also granted the following items additional functionality while noted:
    • Elf crystals can now be recharged while noted.
    • Special teak and mahogany logs can now be exchanged at the sawmill while noted.
    • Eligible Dominion Tower rewards can now be exchanged for Dominion Factor points at a reward box while noted.
    • Untradeable potions can now be decanted while noted.

Posted Image

Senior Moderator - Clan Discussion Leader
PM me if you need assistance.

#2 Xtrm

Xtrm

(ง •̀_•́)ง

• RS Name:Xtrm
  • RS Status:Inactive
  • Team:Sad Unit

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

OH DEAR LORD, I CANNOT WAIT!

View PostJaacco, on 14 January 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

Untradeable potions can now be decanted while noted.
THANK YOU JAGEX. 10/10.

Edited by Xtrm, 14 January 2013 - 08:55 AM.

Posted Image

#3 Naffry

Naffry

• RS Name:Naffry
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Clantast1c

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

I'll be popping over to the hive purely for the chitin. I'm not up for fighting the King so have to make money elsewhere lol.

#4 Sir Sparhawk

Sir Sparhawk

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

Doubt I'll be much good at the KK, but the update to untradeable potions is fantastic!

View Post[J]osh, on 08 November 2010 - 04:03 AM, said:

You wouldnt call water with a dash of orange pure water cos it only has a little orange in it... would you?

#5 Lieutenant Dan

Lieutenant Dan

Zybez's Unofficial Brony Representative

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

View PostXtrm, on 14 January 2013 - 08:54 AM, said:

THANK YOU JAGEX. 10/10.
This is a 10/10 update JaGEx. Fantastic!

As for the Kalphite King, looks very interesting. OtG reunion in the clouds today? :D

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#6 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

Hope they took a lot of the Ganodermic aspects into the new Kalphite monsters. Somewhat surprised there's no Slayer requirement for them seeing as Kalphite monster use to be a big part of training Slayer Pre-EoC, but I have to try this soon!

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#7 Kaur

Kaur

• Clan:RSD
  • Team:Team NH

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

Posted Image

I'm not scared of anything.
Posted Image
Coming soon from Jagex Software! Runescape, our massive multiplayer adventure. Trade and communicate with other players. Learn skills to earn money, or if you're brave attempt to find riches in the dungeons. Your charactor will continue to evolve and improve the more you play, with quests to complete for extra rewards. Choose good or evil the choice is entirely yours!

#8 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

Could someone pop in some info about the new exiled Kalphites?
Such as:
Combat Level?
Weakness?

Also if you get some good drops that'd be interesing to see. - Feel free to PM me this.

Drygore weapons degrade with use, and can be repaired with chitin gathered from enemies in the new Exiled Kalphite Hive. This will drop in the form of untradeable damaged chitin, but a smith of level 60 or higher can break this down into chitin scraps at an anvil. This will render it tradeable, and ready for use in repairs.
Alternatively, speak to Bob in Lumbridge to repair your weapons in exchange for coins, or do so at an armour stand in your player-owned house.

Why make it repairable both ways >.> it's like dungeoneering tokens, only people with 120 actually use them to repair the weapons.

Edited by spoonheb, 14 January 2013 - 09:41 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

~It's too late if it burns when you pee

#9 Gohankuten

Gohankuten

Master of all Wills & Quests

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

View Postspoonheb, on 14 January 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

Could someone pop in some info about the new exiled Kalphites?
Such as:
Combat Level?
Weakness?

Also if you get some good drops that'd be interesing to see. - Feel free to PM me this.

Why make it repairable both ways >.> it's like dungeoneering tokens, only people with 120 actually use them to repair the weapons.
I use tokens to repair my weapons lol.

Thanks to Arno for the +1
Thanks to Teelex for the +2
954th Person To 99 Hunter
Master of all Wills and Quests
Posted Image

#10 Johnyisbest

Johnyisbest

Im Awesome.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

View PostXtrm, on 14 January 2013 - 08:54 AM, said:

THANK YOU JAGEX. 10/10.
Awesome update, but why after I just decanted 15k (3) overloads :-(

Kalphite King looks like a challange, should be fun :-P

#11 Xtrm

Xtrm

(ง •̀_•́)ง

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

So the Chitin scraps are made by using Damaged chitin (a drop from Kalphites) on an anvil, this requires 60 Smithing and gives 10 experience. You can then sell them in the GE, if you wish to buy them, the GE limit is 100/four hours.

Edited by Xtrm, 14 January 2013 - 10:01 AM.

Posted Image

#12 chipmonk399

chipmonk399

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

they buy for 1 gp however right now :p

#13 Robinhoodrs

Robinhoodrs

Banned

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

Me and Jim went to the King, lets just say we kept getting one hit, lmao.

I gave up for the time being, to much lag and its just crazy.

Posted Image

| Singles PKing Team | Twitter.com/EeS_Marco | #DontPanic |

#14 Kaur

Kaur

• Clan:RSD
  • Team:Team NH

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

POPULAR

Posted Image

Well, damn.
Posted Image
Coming soon from Jagex Software! Runescape, our massive multiplayer adventure. Trade and communicate with other players. Learn skills to earn money, or if you're brave attempt to find riches in the dungeons. Your charactor will continue to evolve and improve the more you play, with quests to complete for extra rewards. Choose good or evil the choice is entirely yours!

#15 Xtrm

Xtrm

(ง •̀_•́)ง

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

Okay, I've given up; between the horrible RuneScape server lag and my Internet lag, I cannot stay alive... well to save my life. I'll try again later today after (or maybe before) class.

So far, I can confirm the drops of sharks and grimy herbs. King's drop mechanics are the same as Nex in the sense that the drops are divided equally between players.

Posted Image

#16 stevembk

stevembk

• RS Name:stevembk

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

-3 for POP Fortune/Lotus Specs nerf

+5 for POP not nerfing Life raft & bonus agility XP

Edited by stevembk, 14 January 2013 - 11:22 AM.

Posted Image

99's: Thieving, Attack, Woodcut, Crafting, Farming, HP, Range, Slayer, Strength, Herblore, Hunter, Firemaking, Summoning, Runecrafting, Magic
CURRENT GOALS: 94/95 Prayer

#17 Xtrm

Xtrm

(ง •̀_•́)ง

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

Patch notes -
Spoiler

Posted Image

#18 Stanley

Stanley

Completionist

• RS Name:Stanley

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

Provoke works with the green blast. Use barricade after and you should survive the next hit and save the person who turned green. Problem is that the king will continue to focus on you until someone else uses provoke to save you.

Have freedom ready as a hotkey too. Run to the wall after you use that when the king throws the floating ball at you. Hug the wall until this phase is over. It does it like 2-3 times in a row.

Drops are crap unless you get the weapons or something. So far mostly 5 herbs, sharks, and rarest was like 2 torstol seeds.
Posted Image

#19 Gohankuten

Gohankuten

Master of all Wills & Quests

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

Weapons are plummeting in price atm.  They are apparently common drops with teams getting em like every 20 kills.

Thanks to Arno for the +1
Thanks to Teelex for the +2
954th Person To 99 Hunter
Master of all Wills and Quests
Posted Image

#20 Oxxe

Oxxe

• RS Name:Pooing

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Here is the new Solomon store Kalphite themed armour:

Posted Image

Pretty ugly if you ask me.

edit: Also comes with a cape but it's just too damn fruity to wear.

Edited by Oxxe, 14 January 2013 - 02:55 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: