• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Robinhoodrs

Robinhoodrs

Banned

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

So whilst checking my e-mail I ran into this from Jagex;

Hi Robinhoodrs,

Please read on for important information regarding the Surfpin PayByPhone payment service.

We can see that you last purchased membership using the Surfpin PayByPhone method. You may have noticed that this service has been unavailable recently.

This is because the company that provides this service, Surfpin, has gone into administration and is no longer able to provide the payment option to you. We're currently working hard to replace the PayByPhone payment method through an alternate provider and have the service fully restored as soon as we can.

How does this affect me?

Any membership PIN you've already redeemed is completely unaffected - continue to enjoy RuneScape member benefits.

If you've already used the PayByPhone service to get your hands on a membership PIN and you've yet to redeem it, you won't lose out - if this is the case, we'll contact your directly via your message centre to ensure you receive your membership. Additional information will be available on the Billing Help Wiki soon.

We appreciate your patience with this issue and can assure you that the PayByPhone service will be fully restored as soon as possible. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience this may cause you. Keep an eye on the Billing Help Wiki for updates.

Kind regards,
RuneScape Account Support

So it looks like Surfpin has gone bust, this was the main way for me to obtain membership. Hopefully Jagex can find a new company to replace this one soon.

Edited by Robinhoodrs, 11 January 2013 - 07:02 PM.

Posted Image

| Singles PKing Team | Twitter.com/EeS_Marco | #DontPanic |

#2 Black

Black

• RS Status:Inactive

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

RiP surfpin was a good run, wonder how long untill a new service provider is found and if it will have any effect on pricing?

[Reign of Terror]

.Undisputed Kings of PvP.

Head executive chief assistant director of Claning media and information reporting center

#3 Hess

Hess

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

I spy a typo.
Ex-Gladiator
Ex-Ascension

Thank you Jagex for ruining the game and letting me move on

#4 » Caudery

» Caudery

¢αυ∂єяу 13

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

Even the companies working for Jagex don't want to be involved in the dead game.

Posted Image

#5 Magick

Magick

outrageous

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:36 AM

View Post» Caudery, on 11 January 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

Even the companies working for Jagex don't want to be involved in the dead game.
It is a bit presumptuous to assume Surfpin only worked with JaGEx, though. I would be interested in finding out if this is linked to the, I dare say, decline of RuneScape membership in general or just by this method of payment as there are plenty of alternatives.

Posted Image

#6 Yorick

Yorick

Never too late

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

I have been having issues with surfpin before and that was my main way to obtain membership. I had to find another way the last 3-4 months already.

Let's hope they can find a new partner soon, as this was an easy and quickly way to get yourself P2P.

Posted Image
Global Moderator - Clan Discussion Staff - Divine Forces Oldschool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: