Little Things In Rs That Annoy You

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Brogusa

Brogusa

Friends, let's bring them Hell.

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

Just as the title says, post some little things in RuneScape that annoy you whenever it happens. I'll start us off.
  • Getting killed in the Wilderness Agility Course, even though you have absolutely NOTHING on you (save for a small amount of cheap food).
  • Seeing a few members of a dicing clan spam-advertise a drop party at the GE in a "train" of sorts.
  • Getting crashed by a team at GWD while you're with your team and you're in the middle of a kill streak
  • Getting killed by a DG boss, only to find out it only had ~10hp left before it killed you.
  • When you put in an offer for something that's like 10x over the GE price, and it STILL doesn't buy.
  • When you put in a sell offer in the GE for 1gp, and it actually sells for 1gp.
  • Having a system update occur while you're in the middle of a huge skill grind (happened to me twice while I was on a 10 hour herblore binge)

So RSC, what ticks YOU off?

#2 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

The lag time when QBD spawns Souls and you immediately run thus having the attack follow you rather than attacking the souls.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#3 Brogusa

Brogusa

Friends, let's bring them Hell.

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

View PostShawn Johnson, on 06 January 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

everything

View PostManacoid, on 06 January 2013 - 09:59 PM, said:

....Everything

Well this is the RuneScape community we're talking about, and we are known to get mad at well . . . everything :-P

#4 Jay

Jay

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

I don't really get bothered by much in the game. I dislike spammers around the grand exchange and daemonheim, that's about it.
"Men have called me mad, but the question is not yet settled
whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence whether
all that is profound does not spring from disease of thought
from moods of mind exalted at the expense of general intellect"

#5 Johnyisbest

Johnyisbest

Im Awesome.

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

View PostJay, on 06 January 2013 - 10:13 PM, said:

I don't really get bothered by much in the game. I dislike spammers around the grand exchange and daemonheim, that's about it.
Pretty much this

And of course a huge thing, bots. :-/

#6 BrotherVoid1

BrotherVoid1

Retired Completionist

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

View PostJay, on 06 January 2013 - 10:13 PM, said:

I dislike spammers around the grand exchange and daemonheim, that's about it.
This is literally my only complaint.  I despise spammers... But other than that (and EoC), I have no complaints.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Murdoc

Murdoc

D-FENS

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

If you're going to say "everything" at least provide examples of things that really stand out the most...

As for me personally, I'd have to agree with Jay as well. Due to the fact I tend to keep to myself/Zchat when I'm not playing with RL-mates and generally stick to AFK'able skills - all the bits and bobs which set other players off just get steadily tuned out the longer I'm on for... Trolls are easy to ignore by turning public chat off/kick from the FC, I grudgingly accept misclicks as my own fault ( :lol:), no longer PvM/PK to periodically endure the miseries associated with them, and the list goes on. It's easy to stand back and see RuneScape for what it is, a simple online game... Is there thus genuinely any point stressing myself over its trivial shenanigans when in the grand scheme of things it's not particularly important one way or another? Nah...

Posted Image
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#8 I Love You

I Love You

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

"Whn ppl tlk l1k3 th1s."

I mean, it's not much harder to just press one or two more keys on the keyboard :(

Posted ImagePosted Image

I wish it is always You,

Only You and I

#9 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

• RS Status:Member

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

Not exactly a Runescape thing.. but when my internet connection drops and I disconnect, especially in a dung floor or PvM'ing.

Also less so lately but since EoC people who have to share how much the game sucks, and how Jagex is money-hungry, and how there's some sort of conspiracy or scam behind Solomon's / SoF put in place by investors who are "running the game into the ground". That along with "Jagex doesn't care about the game", when obviously they do because it's what their companies built on and it's paying their salaries.

Posted Image

Posted Image

~It's too late if it burns when you pee

#10 nxt

nxt

• RS Name:Wyatt Family

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

50% loading bug. Happening more often these days and its rather annoying. I want to go to POP but no 50% loading have to restart. Try to go into POP 50% loading. Jagex fix the 50% loading crap.

#11 Black

Black

• RS Status:Inactive

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

That the wilderness is D34d so theres nothing to do.

#12 True 2k8

True 2k8

They were a hurricane.

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

I use to love leaving my private chat on for old friends I haven't seen in years to contact me. Every few days someone would PM and it was always delightful to chat with them. Unfortunately if I leave it on for more than 2 minutes I get spammed with advertisements.

Also the general community is a lot negative than it once was. Recently I've been playing World of Warcraft and I notice a significant difference in the atmosphere.

Divine Forces Leader

Posted Image

Former Community Leader of Clan Discussion | Community Leader of the UNC

#13 Black

Black

• RS Status:Inactive

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

View PostTrue 2k8, on 07 January 2013 - 01:03 AM, said:

I use to love leaving my private chat on for old friends I haven't seen in years to contact me. Every few days someone would PM and it was always delightful to chat with them. Unfortunately if I leave it on for more than 2 minutes I get spammed with advertisements.

Also the general community is a lot negative than it once was. Recently I've been playing World of Warcraft and I notice a significant difference in the atmosphere.
Lol mine used to be on public for the most part too depending on what i was doing, 'tis anoying when you see people that need help but you cant PM them because thier pm is set to friends ;L

#14 Ankit

Ankit

You're looking at greatness.

• RS Name:Ankit
  • Clan:Solace

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

Dying in wars because I'm spamming my chat and not my abilities

Proud Solace Legendary Member
June 12, 2010 - February 14, 2013

#15 JessyU

JessyU

• RS Name:HeyitsJessy
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:40 AM

"Do not show me this message again for another 5 days"

Nobody told the sheep, that they outnumber the wolves.

#16 Yorick

Yorick

Never too late

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

Like others already said, the fact you can not put your private on without receiving 10+ spambot messages in just a few hours.

Posted Image
Global Moderator - Clan Discussion Staff

#17 Playing Free

Playing Free

Pure F2P

• RS Status:Free

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:49 AM

Posted Image

Why are my glorys always leaking? D:!

Edited by Velyn, 07 January 2013 - 05:51 AM.

Posted Image

#18 Fasty

Fasty

~tbh imo~

• RS Name:Fast993
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:15 AM

The [constant] 50% loading screens that cause the game to freeze & interrupt whatever I'm doing.

BOW DOWN OR FALL DOWN - #JKU

Posted Image

We do allow stolen images, edited or not, to be used in Signatures. If you have any questions feel free to PM me - Mod Fasty

#19 JP^

JP^

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

The video ads when you're f2p;
Can't home tele to Falador/Lumbridge or game freezes on 50%

#20 Isobel

Isobel

• RS Name:Isobel
  • Clan:zchat

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

Being unable to teleport when you have a dialogue box open, with some teleports like home teleport.

Wondering why I can't hit anything on Bork, then looking at my stats tab and realizing all my combat skills are 0 because I accidentally misclicked a dust devil on my way through the chaos tunnels.

Join zchat friends chat in game!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: