Premium Membership Runecoins

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

• RS Status:Member

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

So I just bought the gold premium member's package, and I got the 2k runecoins along with the other features.

I went through the Solomon store a little and couldn't really find anything that jumped out.

Also I was looking at the dragon keepsake box because it's quite popular. Unfortunately I'm not 99 defense so I cannot add primal into it and I haven't thought of anything else that tickles my fancy to put in there, so I did not buy it.
Some other things I was considering buying were the achievement banner, and bank boosters. I will probably buy one or two bank boosters but everything else is undecided.

My question is, if you bought one of the packages offering runecoins (or just bought runecoins); what did you spend them on?
Another question; what part of the package appeals to you the most?

For me it was the convenience, I had to pay monthly before (non-recurring) so this will save me a little hassle. I know for some people this was cheaper, and for some I believe it was actually more expensive, for me it was almost the same (3$ more actually) but I don't mind.
I also enjoy the benefits such as runecoins and the chance to win a trip to Cambridge! My family is English so I would love to visit the U.K sometime.

Full list of Gold Membership Package benefits:
Spoiler

Note: I would never buy runecoins if they were not part of this package, please don't say things like "stupid update", "Jagex sell-out" etc.

Other things I'm considering for dragon keepsake:
Spoiler

Edited by spoonheb, 06 January 2013 - 08:45 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

~It's too late if it burns when you pee

#2 Fasty

Fasty

Perfection

• RS Name:Fast993
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

I didn't really care about the runecoins, so I just spent them randomly. Some of the stuff I bought includes:
  • K'ril's Godcrusher Armour
  • 2 Bank Boosters
  • Dragon Keepsake Key 6 Pack
  • Emotes/Animations
I've also got some runecoins left.

Edited by Fasty, 06 January 2013 - 08:00 PM.

BOW DOWN OR FALL DOWN - #JKU

Posted Image

We do allow stolen images, edited or not, to be used in Signatures. If you have any questions feel free to PM me - Mod Fasty

#3 Johnyisbest

Johnyisbest

Im Awesome.

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

What I spent my 2k coins on was bank space, couldnt find anything else usefull for me :-P

#4 Murdoc

Murdoc

D-FENS

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Sorry about the moves, lol. :#

The Dragon Keepsake box, which seems pretty popular from just walking around RS, doesn't appeal to me as I don't have any fancy DG armours to show off or PK anymore (and thus have no need to gloat wealth over some randomer I'm fighting). Meanwhile cosmetic skins on the whole don't interest me as my current outfit does the job of making me look dapper solidly enough, whilst this 'Eastern skilling animation' crap is (in my opinion) pointless as I'm only interested in AFK'able ones so couldn't care less how I gather resources/whatever so long as it's just done.

Based on all that off the top of my head, agreed with Johny. Extra bank space never goes amiss - especially if you hoard the weird and wonderful like me.

Posted Image
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#5 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

View PostMurdoc, on 06 January 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

I don't have any fancy DG armours to show off or PK anymore (and thus have no need to gloat wealth over some randomer I'm fighting).
whilst this 'Eastern skilling animation' crap is (in my opinion) pointless

I'm afraid I don't quite get that first part, sadly the re-skins don't work in PvP situations, and some minigames.
I also added a second question to this, but that part may already exist in a different form on other topics nonetheless it increases this topic's discussion-ality.

However I am completely with you on the skilling animations and bank boosters, at first the animations seemed cool.. then after seeing them in-game they were less cool.. and about 5 minutes later they all just got annoying. To do this day the explosive fishing and headbutt mining animations are aggravating because they are so silly and somewhat annoy me everytime I see them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Panicking

Panicking

Ex-Maxed out 35 Defence

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

Used them on random things:
  • Dragon Keepsake (for 120 cape)
  • Assassin Pack (so I can have Assassin name L, was a joke between my friends and said why not?)
  • All the emotes, for fun (I guess)
  • Tzhaar Brute armour for fun
Didn't need the bank space as I have only 300 items.  Would be useful when I pk'd but meh

Panicking

#7 Murdoc

Murdoc

D-FENS

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

View Postspoonheb, on 06 January 2013 - 08:27 PM, said:

I'm afraid I don't quite get that first part, sadly the re-skins don't work in PvP situations, and some minigames.
They don't? Oh, could've sworn that was one of the selling-points Jagex talked about in their first news update mentioning it (maybe I got confused with fighting Nex as a scenario haha). :lol:

However I am completely with you on the skilling animations and bank boosters, at first the animations seemed cool.. then after seeing them in-game they were less cool.. and about 5 minutes later they all just got annoying. To do this day the explosive fishing and headbutt mining animations are aggravating because they are so silly and somewhat annoy me everytime I see them.
Yeah... I'll admit that the teleport animations on offer are pretty sweet, but they're the only ones that stand out...

As for your second question - easily the extra spin and the potential of visiting Jagex's Cambridge HQ (my home city...!) as well. Shouldn't you get priority  access to any and all RuneScape closed betas in 2013, though? That was definitely made clear here. :-P

Posted Image
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#8 The Epoch

The Epoch

Completionist

• RS Name:The Epoch

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

Spent most on one of the pets. Has nice emotions and looks great when grown up.

You can always save up and something might pop up in the future that is worth getting.
Posted Image

#9 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

View PostMurdoc, on 06 January 2013 - 08:36 PM, said:

access to any and all RuneScape closed betas in 2013, though? That was definitely made clear here. :-P
Your right.. why wasn't that in my thing :huh:  maybe it was at the very top and I missed it in the picture.

View Postd4rkm4st3rz8, on 06 January 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

You can always save up and something might pop up in the future that is worth getting.
Ya, I'll probably just buy one or two things now and hold the rest of my runecoins until somethings released that really stands out.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Manga

Manga

『  』

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

I bought every emote, a few titles and the last few costumes I wanted to get.
The thing that made me buy the package the most was the gamecard stuff I wanted and missed out on.

☼ This never ever should have been, but that's the way it is ☼
Posted Image
Zchat Gold Star |Zybeznet Overseer|MM&D Staff|Global Moderator

#11 Jay

Jay

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

I didn't really want anything in the loyalty store when I bought mine but I bought the following;
  • One of the pets
  • 3x pack of dragon keepsake keys
and I have around 700 left now and just saving them incase something else flashy comes out.

"Your tenacity is admirable, but pointless."

Posted Image

#12 Vigilant Foe

Vigilant Foe

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

Bought some emotes, one dragon keepsake for Completionist Cape, one bank booster, and the beachwear outfit for the buff-looking torso :hat:

and still have ~900 or so coins left

Edited by Vigilant Foe, 06 January 2013 - 08:57 PM.

#13 Dan_

Dan_

Look Into My Eye...

• RS Name:Sycoarkantos

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

I bought all the bank boosters, something like 800 bank spaces now?

Pretty nice :)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#14 rudy

rudy

• RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

Not sure what I'd use the coins on. I'm not really a player thats into cosmetics all that much. I'm naked half the time in game.

#15 Sir Sparhawk

Sir Sparhawk

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:48 AM

Keepsake Boxes and Bank Boosters seem the most logical choice to me, not a fan of all the other re-skin things you can buy and I don't like the titles.

View Post[J]osh, on 08 November 2010 - 04:03 AM, said:

You wouldnt call water with a dash of orange pure water cos it only has a little orange in it... would you?

#16 Sambo

Sambo

#Sambo

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

i got bank boosters, hairdos (The brainiac one make me stinking lol.) 6 dragon keepsake keys and a few bank boosters. And some skill animations
#Sambo

#17 Cypher

Cypher

| (• ◡•)|

• RS Name:Cypherex

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

I haven't gotten the package yet because I'm waiting for my pay check to come in, but when I do get it I will definitely be getting one of the pets. Their abilities make them pretty useful (so much for Solomon not providing an in-game advantage...). At the kitten stage they can forage (like randomly generate) items. At adolescent they can bank 1 item every 10 minutes. But the best ability in my eye is scavenge at the adult stage. You just turn scavenge on and your pet can automatically pick up 1 item any npc's you're fighting drop. You can select charms, coins, herbs, etc. So take your pet to waterfiends or icefiends, choose to scavenge charms, and then just kill them without worrying about picking up the charms. Or select bones and kill frost dragons without wasting time picking the bones up. Now, I'm not sure exactly how this works since I haven't used one of these pets yet. I got my info from their wiki page (all the pets have the same abilities). So if you're looking for something useful, I'd consider one of the pets. I'll definitely be getting one along with some extra bank space.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

[3DS Friend Code: 4785-5458-1412 | Pokemon X and Animal Crossing: New Leaf]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: