No replies to this topic

#1 Ramu

Ramu

Andy is a fishy pumpkin

• RS Name:Ramu
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

POPULAR

Have you ever felt that you've been missing out on the community aspect of Zybez?  Do you want to get to know the minds behind the running of our website a little bit better?  Or do you just want to make a few new friends?  If you've said yes to any of those questions, perhaps #zybez your community IRC channel, would be the right place for you!  We here at Zybez are interested in creating a better atmosphere for our faithful users, and we feel that a channel would be just another step in the right direction!

While we do hope to try to make as fun of an environment as possible, it simply wouldn't be fun for everyone if we did not have rules in place.

Rules:

1. Spamming the chat will result in a kick.  The same applies to flooding, website/channel advertising, account selling, password scamming or real-world trading. Continued spamming after rejoining will result in a kickban.

2.  Racism or excessive flaming earns you a kickban without warning.

3.  For mild spam, filter evasion, or objectionable discussion you will receive a warning, then a kick if it continues.  

Infractions of the rules are at the discretion of the halfops/ops.

Note: The banlist is cleared every few months. If you feel you have been unfairly banned or wish to appeal your ban sooner, please contact a @Channel Operator (listed below)

Ranks:

The channel's access list is strictly based on forum hierarchy. Senior Moderators & Kings are Operators, Moderators & Honored Members are Halfops, and Senior Members, Community Leaders, and members of Zybez teams (if deemed active enough) are Voiced.

@Operators
  • Bow
  • Debenkey
  • Hedgehog
  • J36
  • Jaacco
  • Jool
  • Matchu
  • Molson
  • PZ
  • Ramu
  • Shadowandy
  • ^jordy
%HalfOps
  • beckham69
  • Bulgy
  • Gladz
  • ile
  • Josh_Hogg
  • Justinrox
  • Kevin♫
  • Lilmikee
  • Murdoc
  • Scoobyninja
  • Strider3282
  • ToeJam
  • Tramp
Frequently Asked Questions:

IRC? What's that? How do I connect to IRC?

According to Wikipedia, Internet Relay Chat (IRC) is a protocol for real-time Internet text messaging (chat) or synchronous conferencing. It is mainly designed for group communication in discussion forums, called channels, but also allows one-to-one communication via private message as well as chat.

You can connect to IRC through various clients, we suggest using:
mIRC (Troubleshooting: #mSL)
SwiftKit (Troubleshooting: here or #swiftkit.)
Mibbit
IceChat
SwiftIRC's qwebirc

Once you've picked a client, you need to connect to the following network (SwiftIRC, troubleshooting here):
SwiftIRC
Server: irc.swiftirc.net
Port: 6667 (Standard), for SSL connect to 6697.

Upon connecting to the server, we recommend you Register your Nickname. If you wish to learn more about NickServ, please click here.

Once you've connected to the network, you're all set! Simply type /join #zybez and you're there.

Can you help me with something on the forums?

Highlight a ranked user in the channel (say their name) and we'll do our best to help you, but bare in mind that there may not always be an active forum moderator in the channel.

Who the heck is X?

X is a Services Bot. It's there to maintain the channel's settings, it won't talk, or bite!

Can you help me with Runehead?

Sorry, no. We don't own Runehead.

Somebody's annoying me, can I block them?

Yes you can. Type /ignore entry (host or nickname) to block messages/private messages from a specific user. If you wish to remove them from your ignore list, type /ignore -r entry. To see who you have ignored, type /ignore -l.

How do I PM somebody?

Type /q nickname message, or double click their name in the sidebar.

How do I close a Channel/PM?

For channels, type /part #channel, for a PM or Channel, hold shift and click on the channel/PM in the sidebar (only certain clients). Otherwise, right click the channel/pm in the sidebar and click 'Close'.

I've been wrongfully banned, who can I contact?

PM an Operator through IRC, or if none are currently available send one of the ops listed above a PM through the forums.

--

We hope to see you around #zybez in the near future!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: