Behind The Scenes Video 34: The Kalphite King

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 Manga

Manga

Wings of Freedom

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

In this week’s Behind the Scenes video, we track down Mod Hew, who reveals all about the new king in town: we bring you the Kalphite King!

All this and much more, coming to RuneScape soon!
Come discuss it all on our forum thread. While you're there, why not have a guess at how many deaths there will be by the Kalphite King on his first day in game?
Happy New Year, everyone!

☼ This never ever should have been, but that's the way it is ☼
Posted Image
Zchat Gold Star |Zybeznet Overseer|MM&D Staff|Global Moderator

#2 Ganlam

Ganlam

What's this?

• RS Name:Ganlam
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

Looks cool, hopefully some people find this challenging.

#3 Jaddy

Jaddy

Agility freak

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

looks like its levelup for bossing again. im really looking forward to seeing what fashions jagex has come up with to kill us. (ingame that is)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Maxed: 6th of August 2012
2496:19th of October 2012
Completionist: 30th of October 2012
2595: 25th of September 2013

#4 The Major

The Major

Friends, let's bring them Hell.

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

I remember way back in 08 when Corpral Beast was released. It took a good six months before someone could successfully solo it.

I wonder if KK is gonna be the same.

#5 katar asakur

katar asakur

• RS Name:katar asakur
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

The concept art for the weapons are pretty awesome! :lmao:
Also can't wait for the desert tasks after the KK update. The amulet looks good too.

Posted Image

#6 CL Trevor

CL Trevor

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

Desert Achievement Diary sounds more interesting. If it's a boss that can't be solo'd, would be an amazing update. Hope the items it drops are worth it >.<

- Member of Chivalry Legions - #CL on SeersIRC & SwiftIRC -

#7 Xtrm

Xtrm

(ง •̀_•́)ง

• RS Name:Xtrm
  • RS Status:Inactive
  • Team:Sad Unit

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

I'm looking forward to the KK. The KQ is still one of the hardest bosses in RuneScape, despite how old she is, so I'm looking forward to seeing what Jagex can pull for the King. Plus more high level content is ALWAYS welcome!

Posted Image

#8 Paradite

Paradite

What ever you say

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

View PostCL Trevor, on 04 January 2013 - 12:50 PM, said:

Desert Achievement Diary sounds more interesting. If it's a boss that can't be solo'd, would be an amazing update. Hope the items it drops are worth it >.<

He said the new weapons would be the best in slot available. I think its safe to say that they will be worth a pretty penny.

View PostXtrm, on 04 January 2013 - 12:54 PM, said:

I'm looking forward to the KK. The KQ is still one of the hardest bosses in RuneScape, despite how old she is, so I'm looking forward to seeing what Jagex can pull for the King. Plus more high level content is ALWAYS welcome!

The Kq hasn't been hard for many years. The hardest part of the Kq is developing enough patience to wait for it to respawn.
Posted Image

#9 Manga

Manga

Wings of Freedom

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

Hard to say anything bad against it. The new weapons are nice, I love the colors of the kalphite king and it's gear. Looks like an involved fight. Yeah this update is promising.

Posted Image

#10 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

Weird how something people don't recognized as a threat (Kalphites) be the strongest boss in the game. Hopefully the Kalphite King will tie into the lore of the Gods seeing as it's more powerful that the GWD/Nex.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#11 Manga

Manga

Wings of Freedom

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

View PostMilktea4me, on 04 January 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

Weird how something people don't recognized as a threat (Kalphites) be the strongest boss in the game. Hopefully the Kalphite King will tie into the lore of the Gods seeing as it's more powerful that the GWD/Nex.
Whats interesting is that the KQ was the strongest monster for a long long time. She was never really obsolete until Corp came out. I'm glad that they made the older bosses like KBD and KQ have interesting counterparts.

Posted Image

#12 Blake

Blake

manacrew

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

Ballsy move to come out and say the weapons will be BiS before the update has arrived.

Looks like an overall great concept though. I've felt that the lore of Runescape has been severely lacking any real depth for a long time now and bringing back an 'empire' such as the Kalphites is definitely a good way of reviving some of the underlying story-lines of the game. Unfortunately though I can't help but feel it's just going to be another boss in a room that just ends up being a loot pinata.

Posted Image

King of Private Message Suspensions: One | Two | Three

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: