Jump to content


Range Gear


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Nirupt

Nirupt

    Junior Member

  • Posts:22
  • Joined:09-December 12
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

I was wondering what equipment to use for training or anything besides pk for 50+ range. I've never really messed with it until now so I want ideas because I'm going for a fresh start. Money is no problem. I guess eoc has thrown me off a bit as well. I'm familiar with the skills though, just the equipment I need help deciding.

Edited by Nirupt, 24 December 2012 - 10:47 PM.

Posted Image

I've played this game when it first came out. I still enjoy it.


#2 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

    I aim to please!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

Armor isn't much of an issue, it's more about the weapon.

From 50 Range, start out with a Magic Shortbow with Rune Arrows.

From 60 Range, keep with your Magic Shortbow or move to a Dark Bow with Dragon Arrows

From 70 Range, finish up quests for a Crystal Bow or use Karil's Crossbow with Bolt Racks.

From 80 Range, use a Zaryte Bow if money isn't an issue.

From 85 Range, work your way up and build yourself a Royal Crossbow.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image


#3 Nirupt

Nirupt

    Junior Member

  • Posts:22
  • Joined:09-December 12
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:45 AM

View PostMilktea4me, on 24 December 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

Armor isn't much of an issue, it's more about the weapon.

From 50 Range, start out with a Magic Shortbow with Rune Arrows.

From 60 Range, keep with your Magic Shortbow or move to a Dark Bow with Dragon Arrows

From 70 Range, finish up quests for a Crystal Bow or use Karil's Crossbow with Bolt Racks.

From 80 Range, use a Zaryte Bow if money isn't an issue.

From 85 Range, work your way up and build yourself a Royal Crossbow.

Sounds awesome to me.  I haven't looked much into void knight but is it worth getting?

Posted Image

I've played this game when it first came out. I still enjoy it.


#4 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

    I aim to please!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

View PostNirupt, on 25 December 2012 - 12:45 AM, said:

Sounds awesome to me.  I haven't looked much into void knight but is it worth getting?
From what I've heard, the boost still works so it'd be worth getting the entire set for the best armor in game.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image


#5 darkslayerii

darkslayerii

    Member

  • Posts:66
  • Joined:13-January 12
  • RS Name:Fluppets
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:43 AM

I'd get a Black salamander and harralander tar instead of karil's xbow.

#6 Nirupt

Nirupt

    Junior Member

  • Posts:22
  • Joined:09-December 12
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:13 AM

View Postdarkslayerii, on 25 December 2012 - 03:43 AM, said:

I'd get a Black salamander and harralander tar instead of karil's xbow.

Any major difference?

Posted Image

I've played this game when it first came out. I still enjoy it.


#7 Sandor44

Sandor44

    Sandy beach

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:15 AM

View PostNirupt, on 28 December 2012 - 01:13 AM, said:

View Postdarkslayerii, on 25 December 2012 - 03:43 AM, said:

I'd get a Black salamander and harralander tar instead of karil's xbow.

Any major difference?
Don't ask me why but karil's xbow seems to be thrown and the black salamander appears to be a bolt weapon(yes, really). That aside there's not an awful lot of difference, besides harralander tar being less expensive.
Posted Image

#8 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

    I aim to please!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

View PostSandor44, on 28 December 2012 - 05:15 AM, said:

Don't ask me why but karil's xbow seems to be thrown and the black salamander appears to be a bolt weapon(yes, really). That aside there's not an awful lot of difference, besides harralander tar being less expensive.
Karil's Crossbow is Bolt, not thrown. Black Salamander is also Bolt so there's that. From the 2, I'd go with a Black Salamander as it's only option for attacking is Range, not like Melee/Magic Pre-EoC.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image


#9 Nirupt

Nirupt

    Junior Member

  • Posts:22
  • Joined:09-December 12
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

I'm still in the process of grabbing my void knight but I know I will use that as my gear, and use a magic and crystal bow until I can net a royal X'bow.  I can hopefully get 99 range pretty quick to, so far I believe water fiends are a great place to train?

Posted Image

I've played this game when it first came out. I still enjoy it.


#10 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

    I aim to please!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

View PostNirupt, on 01 January 2013 - 01:37 PM, said:

I'm still in the process of grabbing my void knight but I know I will use that as my gear, and use a magic and crystal bow until I can net a royal X'bow.  I can hopefully get 99 range pretty quick to, so far I believe water fiends are a great place to train?
if we're going by the stats on your signature then yes, Waterfiends are you best bet when it comes to Range Training.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image


#11 Nirupt

Nirupt

    Junior Member

  • Posts:22
  • Joined:09-December 12
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

View PostMilktea4me, on 01 January 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

View PostNirupt, on 01 January 2013 - 01:37 PM, said:

I'm still in the process of grabbing my void knight but I know I will use that as my gear, and use a magic and crystal bow until I can net a royal X'bow.  I can hopefully get 99 range pretty quick to, so far I believe water fiends are a great place to train?
if we're going by the stats on your signature then yes, Waterfiends are you best bet when it comes to Range Training.

It's accurate, are there any other options though? I'm fine with them, but I don't want to be missing out on anything.  Just wasn't sure if Waterfiends were available to take down @ 42 range.

Posted Image

I've played this game when it first came out. I still enjoy it.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana
 
Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt
 
Color: