Strange Things You Notice In Runescape

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 The Major

The Major

Friends, let's bring them Hell.

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

Just post some strange things you find in game. It can be anything that you've experienced, be that amusing glitches (like the bunny hop/ancient ceremonial mask glitch) to behaviour patterns you notice about players. Ever think something was a glitch and then found out that it was actually not a glitch (like with the new gravestones, where if you die more than once, your items are available to all)?

With the advent of EoC, many things have changed. One thing in particular caught my attention, and it's the way combat XP is gained when killing a monster. Now instead of getting XP per hit, you get XP per kill, so basically, it's like RSC, where you gain XP per kill, rather than per hit. If you don't know what I'm talking about, click on the spoiler and watch the video.

Spoiler

Another strange thing I've noticed is that Jagex can do a rework of something (be that NPCs to towns and dungeons), and STILL leave certain areas untouched.

Example: The dwarves have had their chatheads updated, yet their NPC sprites are still the ones they've had since RS2 was first launched.

#2 London2NYC

London2NYC

• RS Name:London2nyc
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:KOY
  • Team:CD

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

In dung, on the levers, it has the chinese character for 5 on each lever. Since there's 5 levers :lmao:
Posted Image

#3 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

If you hover over Total XP when gaining XP it will not change until you stop hovering over it, then come back to it.
Yet if you hover over the individual skill or watch the XP counter it counts while you gain the XP.

Posted Image

Posted Image

~It's too late if it burns when you pee

#4 Money

Money

420blazeit

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

POPULAR

i saw a legit player at grotworms

#5 Derp

Derp

hurr durr

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

View PostMoney, on 24 December 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

i saw a legit player at grotworms

Lol'd.

-Sprinted; 99 Slayer; 17th July 2012; 130 Combat; Only other 99 being craft

#6 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

When you spam abilites, it will clog up your chat box and make all other messages disappear. They really need to fix that...

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#7 Paradite

Paradite

What ever you say

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

If you look at the front of varrock 4 armour it looks like a demented duck and if you look at the left(or right?)shoulders of the armour it looks like the head of a bear.

Also, I knew what you were talking about with the exp per kill but I still watched the video for the nostalgia :-D Oh god how I remember mining coal to make into certs for cash lol. I remember I once found about 200 certs near the black knights castle and thought I hit the jackpot. After watching that video I now know why I was 80+ combat and only 800 skill total in classic LOL.

Edited by Paradite, 24 December 2012 - 05:13 PM.

Posted Image

#8 The Major

The Major

Friends, let's bring them Hell.

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

View PostMilktea4me, on 24 December 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

When you spam abilites, it will clog up your chat box and make all other messages disappear. They really need to fix that...

It doesn't pass through the game filter for me. Although I wish that could be said about Regenerate :\ Spam click two seconds early, and your chat box gets more spam than your email inbox.

OT:

The Seers' Village Lodestone icon is a simplified version of the "Eye of Providence" aka the "All Seeing Eye."

Edited by The Puppetmaster, 24 December 2012 - 06:02 PM.

#9 Darth koo

Darth koo

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

View PostThe Puppetmaster, on 24 December 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

View PostMilktea4me, on 24 December 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

It doesn't pass through the game filter for me. Although I wish that could be said about Regenerate :\ Spam click two seconds early, and your chat box gets more spam than your email inbox.

OT:

The Seers' Village Lodestone icon is a simplified version of the "Eye of Providence" aka the "All Seeing Eye."

View PostLondon2NYC, on 24 December 2012 - 12:48 PM, said:

In dung, on the levers, it has the chinese character for 5 on each lever. Since there's 5 levers :lmao:

Of course there are thing likes this in the game. Jagex even said they make references in their game a lot. All you have to do is do the quests and you see those references. Also some of their NPCs have bad puns for a name, example would be the White Knights who actually have names. The best reference is Meg from the pop update when you can tell who to shut up, and who worthless she is at adventuring.

Edited by Darth koo, 25 December 2012 - 10:09 AM.

http://Posted Image

#10 Hi5 NiirB

Hi5 NiirB

• RS Name:NiirB

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:17 AM

In 5 years my character hasn't been on the toilet...

Posted Image

#11 kingjameo

kingjameo

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:18 AM

it has the chinese character for 5 on each lever. Since there's 5 levers
http://www.wengmj.com/a128.jpg [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: