When Is It To Much?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Clay

Clay

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

ive been playing this game since 2001. in the beginning i loved the game, i still do, its fun and very time consuming which is perfect for me. and ive delt with all the updates and have had to adapt multiple times. that was not a problem because i had known of all the past updates and was learning the game really well. But those updates were not major changes.. i played the game regularly up until the first wilderness change. that was what did it for me. I played constantly but i was having some conflicts so i started to ease myself away from the game. i quit clanning quit scaping. and started do more RL things instead.i still played some what but not often. i came back to my scaping a little more frequently when they changed the cb lvl to 138. i was 130 and 131 for those days. played a lot for like a couple months than again disappeared for awhile. i now come back and the cb lvl is changed again more items and updates and skill progression rewards then ever. and there is more and more and more and more stuff. i also got hacked in between that last break. which was kind of funny cause i was poor in cash but rich in every item i would ever need. got my account back and had like 50m cash on it that was it from my 12m. :) lost the bank though :( im now trying to make another recovery to the game but it seems like a lot of my old knowledge is obsolete. i feel like i now have to read constant guides and everything i see to get myself back into the game.

i now hop back into the game with max level and no idea of what to do. everyone at my skill level completely outranks me in everything. because i have no idea of all the little stuff that makes the game easier to play. like: combat system, wilderness changes. auras, item boosts, and these xp bonuses. i never remember exp bonuses like ever when i played. i like playing old school just grind house playing but i feel cheated. knowing all my levels are achievements of constant training and hard work. now people get boosts and massive amounts of cash and everything given to them to make it so much easier to skill. or do anything. seriously. i had 62 prayer for over like 6 years. i come back and get this promissory note and now have 78 prayer. for doing absolutely nothing. i was ruing the day i would have to do prayer. now i dont have to do anything about it because time will make it 99 for me. and ill spend no money on it except buying members.

but i cannot get on my feet with this game theres now more than ever to try and remember and everything i used to do know is almost pointless. -.- i have a max cb accountand decent skills. and i feel washed up and noobish.
with no idea of whats going on. these updates have killed me. have they even fixed the old problems. or are these all band aids?

Edited by Clay, 22 December 2012 - 12:09 PM.

.::No. 13::.

Posted Image

[22,273rd person to achieve 99 Strength 8/3/07] [30,032nd person to achieve 99 Hitpoints 8/9/08]
[24,535th person to achieve 99 Defence 8/5/08]
[51,817th person to achieve 99 Attack 2/2/09]

#2 Heavens Gate

Heavens Gate

Leads to

• RS Name:RunezScape
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

Yes it is too much.

Things I personally think should end: Fastest training methods being afk, skill pendants, constant bonus xp weekends, then there is double xp weekends, sof lamps, extra spins for this and that, triple the xp weekends on sof skill lamps. Xp increasing auras, bonus xp rewards from holiday events and events period, loads of xp from just doing tutorials, xp for giving feedback etc...and last but not least...Death Touch Darts..seriously?

Things that I dont mind: Effigies, D&Ds, clan avatars, daily challenges and minigame skill boosting gear.

/Rant

Yeah all of this new stuff can be quite a lot to take in but all you really need is time and it will begin to sink in. And honeslty, you couldn't have come at a better time. With the EoC, a lot of us are still relearning monster weaknesses, the most efficient training methods, etc. You're not alone.
Posted Image

#3 Paradite

Paradite

What ever you say

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

Seems like you're just whining because you're to lazy to learn all of the new content. Part of the fun of the game, for me atleast, is learning new content and all of the tips and tricks to it. When you quit for however long, and having played since 2001, you knew jagex updated runescape ALOT, weekly, 4 times a month. What did you actually expect, The game to remain the same just for you? It seems you're just being naive.

You know what, if jagex took away all of the bonus exp weekend and all of the quick exp methods, people would whine and complain that the grind is just to much, which ironically, is what lead to where we are now. Things are faster, but they still take time, just not as much and not as mind numbing as before. I played classic myself, 71 mining on there, so I know all about having to click a rock continuously to mine just one ore, I know the grind this game was and I for one cringe at the idea of going back to something like that.

Edited by Paradite, 22 December 2012 - 01:50 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Clay

Clay

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

if you give the new people everything they wont learn how to play. thats how i got so far because i could learn easily do this  to do this to do this.

now it seems like they are trying to put layers on top of everything and i feel overwhelmed and that they image is a bit skewed.

.::No. 13::.

Posted Image

[22,273rd person to achieve 99 Strength 8/3/07] [30,032nd person to achieve 99 Hitpoints 8/9/08]
[24,535th person to achieve 99 Defence 8/5/08]
[51,817th person to achieve 99 Attack 2/2/09]

#5 Magick

Magick

outrageous

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

I am unsure I am getting your point here, are you trying to state that there is, perhaps, too much new content released? I do not know how you expect them to accommodate disloyal customers really.

Posted Image

#6 Tok3d

Tok3d

Yeah..

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

View PostParadite, on 22 December 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

Seems like you're just whining because you're to lazy to learn all of the new content. Part of the fun of the game, for me atleast, is learning new content and all of the tips and tricks to it. When you quit for however long, and having played since 2001, you knew jagex updated runescape ALOT, weekly, 4 times a month. What did you actually expect, The game to remain the same just for you? It seems you're just being naive.

:thumbsup:

Either learn the new content, or you know where the logout button is.

#7 Duke Narked

Duke Narked

• RS Name:Nark the Dom
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:19 AM

View PostTok3d, on 22 December 2012 - 04:33 PM, said:

View PostParadite, on 22 December 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

:thumbsup:

Either learn the new content, or you know where the logout button is.

That was actually a very funny time when that update came out. A lot of people didn't know where that was and panicked.

New content is always hard to learn especially when there is new stuff coming out every single week. Unless you are maxed, done every quest, task, beaten every single minigame and that, there is no one person can hold up to all that content. Many players such as myself, just take their time until need to use that update, normally a few months down the track, to learn about it. By then there is usually a in depth guide about it. Best beat is to generally read what the update is, just to get a brief idea of what it is about.

To be honest, this is really the biggest thing for Runescape. How many other games release content every week? Personally I think that what most people are drawn in by, there is something new every week. For those long term players, it might give them a relief to try something new. However, on the other side of the scale. For a new player it can be over whelming, but like most MMORPGs it normally is starting off. I don't plan on starting WoW because of that reason that the game is too big for me to actually get what is going on. Runescape is easier to get started with though.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Catalan

Catalan

Catalans

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:54 AM

It is all good to release new content, as long as it has been put into the game properly. EOC needs a few improvements but Jagex have not really addressed it, while at the same time releasing more new stuff and more double/bonus weekends.

Edited by Catalan, 23 December 2012 - 06:54 AM.

Chivalry Legions High Councillor

#CL on Seers IRC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: