47 replies to this topic

#1 Brad S

Brad S

YMCMB

• RS Name:Brad S
  • RS Status:Member
  • Team:Content

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:00 AM

Jagex has recently offered three new membership packages. Buying one will give you membership with some other bonuses. The three are named bronze, silver and gold, and the benefits of each are listed below.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The gold is probably going to be the best selling package. After doing the math it's not that bad of a deal either.

If you're still paying $5 for membership then a years worth is $60, included in the package is 2000 Runecoins which totals $50 alone. Right there you've already saved near $45.  You'll also get all of the gamecard items released thus far, and 3 daily spins instead of two for 12 months, and entered into a drawing for a visit to Jagex HQ.

What's your thoughts on this? Either you agree or disagree, but you can't say this isn't a good deal. The only issue is, you're tied down to a year membership, rather than deciding to leave after a bad month, or you've got something going on in your life.

To me, it's a great deal and I'll look into getting it if I can, what about you?

Posted Image

B.I.G, Yeezy, Weezy, Drizzy, T-Raw, Jay, Barbie

#2 Rodney King

Rodney King

Rodney 'TB' King

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:02 AM

Two words.

Cash grab.

Posted Image
|Rodney__King| |Ex-Higher Force Leader | |Runescape's #1 Runepure + Tank Clan|
|HF Site| |HF IRC: #higher-force| |HF Requirements| |HF Tube|

Rex Mortuus Est, Vivat Rex - Higher Force 2005-2012

Proud to have served.

#3 Blake

Blake

manacrew

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:03 AM

It seems too long ago now when JaGeX once said "membership will always be $5/month".

Edited by SAGE, 20 December 2012 - 04:04 AM.

Posted Image

King of Private Message Suspensions: One | Two | Three

#4 Magick

Magick

outrageous

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:04 AM

It is a good idea on their part, and the timing is not bad either given it is nearly Christmas. I can imagine them being quite popular.

Posted Image

#5 Rodney King

Rodney King

Rodney 'TB' King

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:06 AM

I remember buying a years membership in 2009 for like $99/$Aus and even then it was only for clanning.

This just takes the cake, wondering how far Jagex will sink in their quest for new revenue.

P.S. Funny to note now the Aussie dollar is worth 80 cents euro and $1.05 US, and we are still getting crappy currency rates in regards to this game. LOL!

Edited by Rodney King, 20 December 2012 - 04:10 AM.

Posted Image

Proud to have served.

#6 Black

Black

• RS Status:Inactive

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:07 AM

Well thats nice for anyone who actully cares for runecoins, not something i would be interested in my self however.

[Reign of Terror]

.Undisputed Kings of PvP.

Head executive chief assistant director of Claning media and information reporting center

#7 Robinhoodrs

Robinhoodrs

Banned

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:13 AM

Won't be buying any of these deals because I don't want to sink that amount of cash into a game I don't know how long I'll be playing for, I'll stick to my month-per-month payment.

But its a good deal for players that will play for 12 months, saves them some cash and you do get some nice rewards.

Posted Image

| Singles PKing Team | Twitter.com/EeS_Marco | #DontPanic |

#8 Brad S

Brad S

YMCMB

• RS Name:Brad S
  • Team:Content

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:20 AM

It's true that the only really difference is the runecoins. But if you're somebody who is paying $7.50/month for membership, then this is one hell of a deal deal.

If you're paying $5 then it brings up some questions, by buying one of these, would it cancel your consecutive month-to-month membership, and after you'd have to pay $7.50 like all new players?

And Robin, yeah, that's probably what they're hoping for. I know I was on and off this year, probably only paid 7 months. They're hoping that people are into RS for now, the future from the behind the scenes looks good and they think they'll be playing for a while, buy the deal and it's done. By the time march comes along they'll be wishing they hadn't have bought the package. By they I'm mostly referring to me right now lol, but I'm sure other people would feel the same.

Posted Image

B.I.G, Yeezy, Weezy, Drizzy, T-Raw, Jay, Barbie

#9 Zparanoid

Zparanoid

Senior Dismember

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:00 AM

These packages don't really appeal to me.

I've had am ungoing members subscription since 2003 and consequently am still paying at the 2003 prices (£3.20 a month), and the Solomon/Customisation/Squeal stuff doesnt entice me to part with more money.

I've never been much of one for aesthetic on Runescape - even things like party hats and most of the overpriced dragon armor set I haven't bothered with - If it doesnt give me any kind of practical advantage with gameplay, then to me its not useful.  And those squeal spins I get enough junk from everyday what with the free daily spins and those "extra spin for the win" things that you get randomly when skilling or killing monsters - majority of it ends up being converted to coins.

#10 Duke Narked

Duke Narked

• RS Name:Nark the Dom

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:33 AM

Pointless pointless and pointless. Runescape is slowly becoming the Habbo Hotel crap thing. I hate games that allow you to buy in game content to make you seem cooler or get you adhead of someone else.

I guess there are some people out there that love their in game content and put a lot time in to the game, not naming certain people for a certain clan, that can't live with out this kind of things Well done Jagex you are like the new Channel Gold on free to air tv. (It's like the shopping channel for those that don't live in Aus)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 ToeJam

ToeJam

Finger Picking Good

• RS Name:ToeJam

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:35 AM

View PostBrad S, on 20 December 2012 - 04:20 AM, said:

If you're paying $5 then it brings up some questions, by buying one of these, would it cancel your consecutive month-to-month membership, and after you'd have to pay $7.50 like all new players?

Yeah, I spotted that straight off when I read the OP. Looks like a hidden catch to the deal :lol:

Posted Image

#12 Sir Sparhawk

Sir Sparhawk

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:05 AM

Bought it cos for an extra £5 over my normal cost I can get a new pet which I like the looks of.

Edit: If this is gonna remove my normal price as the posts above suggest then I'll be a bit miffed to say the least...

Edited by sparhawk127, 20 December 2012 - 07:07 AM.

View Post[J]osh, on 08 November 2010 - 04:03 AM, said:

You wouldnt call water with a dash of orange pure water cos it only has a little orange in it... would you?

#13 Saxton Hale

Saxton Hale

• RS Name:Saxton Hale

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:26 AM

I'll be getting it (88.50 or something australian). Currently paying 9.50 a month so this will cut out $25 for the next year and i get my ever beloved rune coins in the same package. Hell i'll be paying $40 for a year of membership, $50 for 2000 rune coins and a bunch of other crap. Great Deal. Again as i've mentioned in many sof/solomon posts here on RSC I don't care about sof or solomon's. Most other game companies do it at this point and we can complain all we want but as long as people keep buying it there is nothing you can do to stop it. Also 365 spins for a package cost.

TL:DR yes they want money, they are a company of course they want money.

#14 Ramu

Ramu

Andy is a fishy pumpkin

• RS Name:Ramu

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:30 AM

View PostSnowJam, on 20 December 2012 - 06:35 AM, said:

View PostBrad S, on 20 December 2012 - 04:20 AM, said:

Yeah, I spotted that straight off when I read the OP. Looks like a hidden catch to the deal :lol:
In the previous packages that I bought it did NOT cancel anything. It just will re-bill your card after the package ends.

I already have a few of those items so I wish they had a future item guarantee or a replacement item choice.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#15 Rodney King

Rodney King

Rodney 'TB' King

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:04 AM

The real issue is "Refer a friend" a.k.a refer a bot.

10% exp per new account refered that's a member, and your main gets a month's free membership.

I can see all the gold farmers rubbing there hands together as they gleefully bot mith drags and gain bonus exp and get free membership.

Oh lord, what ever will Jagex come up with next :#

Posted Image

Proud to have served.

#16 Catalan

Catalan

Catalans

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

I suppose they have to try something outside the game seeing as some of the content and updates never really got finalised.

Chivalry Legions High Councillor

#CL on Seers IRC

#17 Nodari

Nodari

LFC Club

• Clan:Clanless

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

Trying to make as much money as they can.

Posted Image

"Love Liverpool, Hate United"

Violent Resolution Since day 1 And Still Counting

#18 Nitromanic

Nitromanic

Pure F2P

• RS Name:Korean
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

I would buy this but I already have a year's membership deal on my skiller. I got a deal awhile back where i got a year's worth of membership for £29.50

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 WaterTab

WaterTab

• RS Name:Water Tablet
  • RS Status:Free
  • Clan:TFS

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:01 AM

So all those people who used more money on those novelty items or skins, ended up paying more?.
And, if I had a p2p account, I wouldn't mind buying it lol. Well, it seems the gold would catch my eye lol.

#20 ~ Darky ~

~ Darky ~

• RS Name:XsDarknesssX

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

would have been nice for me in the past, I know last year I did buy the 6 months package that was on sale, but im at the point were I don't see myself playing in a year maybe not even in 6 months so im not sure if I want to be playing that much

not really saving anything either if you don't want/need the extras would a preferred some kind of discounted membership like they had this time of year last year was like 6 months for the price of 4 or something.

Actually I just looked using an acc that wasn't p2p, and the prices are the same as the 3/6 month memberships normal prices (thought the prices might have auto been reduced or something), so that means they should be discounted imo, for people that don't pay the full price.

Edited by ~ Darky ~, 20 December 2012 - 11:27 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: