• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

• RS Status:Member

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

POPULAR

Today Mod Mark did a Reddit AMAA (ask me anything, almost).

There were a few interesting things said and definitely some information about future updates. I have picked out what I thought were the most interesting things either said or confirmed by Mod Mark. I also added in some questions based on how frequently they are asked.

I have marked the questions and answers by what category they best fit in to, there are many more Content questions because that's what we're most interested in and there are a variety of things to be asked (It's also where we fish for spoilers :thumbsup: ).

Content
Spoiler
Content
Spoiler
Content
Spoiler
Legal
Spoiler
Microtransactions
Spoiler
Content
Spoiler
Content
Spoiler
Content
Spoiler
Personal
Spoiler
Other
Spoiler
Content
Spoiler
Personal
Spoiler
Botting
Spoiler
Content
Spoiler
Other
Spoiler
Personal
Spoiler
Content
Spoiler
Other
Spoiler
Community
Spoiler
Graphical
Spoiler
Bug Fix
Spoiler
Content
Spoiler
?
Spoiler
Botting
Spoiler
Content
Spoiler
Content
Spoiler
Technological
Spoiler
Content
Spoiler
Content
Spoiler
Content
Spoiler

I hope you enjoy reading through these, I did not ask any questions, I wish I had because there are some specific things I'd like to know about.
I know some answers were vague, but I tried not to include the extremely vague (or nonsensical) answers.
In no way here do these questions, comments or answers reflect my opinion of Runescape, Jagex, the Runescape Community and such.
Link to the Reddit : http://www.reddit.co...at_jagex_games/

I made a video on this and included my a variety of questions, along with the ones I was most interested in.

Edited by spoonheb, 20 December 2012 - 11:26 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

~It's too late if it burns when you pee

#2 Loco.

Loco.

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

View Postspoonheb, on 19 December 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

Botting
Q: Are you satisfied with the state of Botany Bay?
A: With the area itself, yes. Sadly the war against bots is a tough fight and it often takes us longer to do things than we originally expected.

Some interesting questions and some vague answers, will be interesting to see future changes to the game.

Posted Image

#3 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

View PostLocoThugs, on 19 December 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

Some interesting questions and some vague answers, will be interesting to see future changes to the game.
Yes, some answers were very vague one was "Yes" and when asked to clarify he also said.. "Yes".
But that's his way of not divulging any super secret info :-/

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Ry an

Ry an

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

Botting
A: With the area itself, yes. Sadly the war against bots is a tough fight and it often takes us longer to do things than we originally expected.

I've lost count of the number of times Jagex has said something along those lines. "WE WILL BAN ALL BOTS".. two weeks later.. "We knew it wouldn't be completely effective".

xDD

| #vr | #frozen_fury |

#5 Luftey

Luftey

• RS Name:Luftey
  • Clan:Zybeznet

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

Thanks for taking the time to post this, I rarely go to the Runescape Reddit, so odds are i'd have never seen it :D

Was a interesting read, thanks for posting it

Posted Image

#6 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

View PostLuftey, on 19 December 2012 - 09:16 PM, said:

Thanks for taking the time to post this, I rarely go to the Runescape Reddit, so odds are i'd have never seen it :D
Was a interesting read, thanks for posting it

I've never actually been on Reddit lol, I saw this mentioned on RS forums as it was happening. (what luck)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

I heard that Mod Mark was having a AMA real soon, but I guess I missed it. Glad to see a lot of good questions were answered.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#8 Sun Inc

Sun Inc

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

Really good questions, and though some answers we're pretty short it was a good read.

Good to know they might be balancing out weapons.
Out of the blue, and into the black, once you're gone, you can never come back.

#9 Xtrm

Xtrm

(ง •̀_•́)ง

• RS Name:Xtrm
  • RS Status:Inactive
  • Team:Sad Unit

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

3) Can we have an ETA for the next task set?
Sure. Heres a reveal for you..... its in January!
I'm glad to see that, I believe it's going to be the Dungeoneering one considering how long it's been leaked in-game. We know it won't be the Elf tasks since that won't be until 2014...

5) After the 2x Dg weekend, can we expect the finale and/or Floor 61 soon?
No.
I'm disappointed. I'm not 120 Dungeoneering, but I love the RuneScape lore. And considering this was talked about at RuneFest 2011 and was originally supposed to be released in 2012. It kind of upsets me.

Posted Image

#10 Rodney King

Rodney King

Rodney 'TB' King

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

Q: Looking at these questions and their upvotes / downvotes, everyone is getting downvoted in some way, regardless of question / response.
Its interesting to wonder if this is a reflection of Runescape's community. My question is pretty straightforward: Do you think Jagex is doing a good job satisfying their community? And why?
A: I read a fascinating article on "the psychology of dislikers on you tube". If I find the link Ill post it here before I'm done. (I did not see the article added.)

Deflect deflect deflect! This guy is the original artful dodger.

Q:How are you guys dealing with the huge loss of players due to the EOC update?
A:Right now I'm focusing on making the EoC as good as I know it can be. I genuinely believe its the best thing for the game and for the long term future of RuneScape. Its sad to see that some people have decided to quit, and we are doing everything we can to address the feedback points on our forums.
(At least he didn't say people are quitting because of EoC?)

Number of great EoC threads on RSB - explaining game imbalances, and other major issues with how rushed the EoC seemed. Most have 300+ post, all have something in commmon.

Not one JMod post. Not even an acknowledgement of the problems. So your doing "everything we can"? How bout starting with a forum reply and acknowledging the player base....

EDIT: Overall - answers were vague and brief, no real insight to game improvements, imbalances, war on bots, new content/quests, what they are doing to tackle PvM and price depreciation of high lvl armour, almost nothing on PvP = just as I expected.

If you still have membership I'm sorry to say your pumping money into a dying game, especially when they can't give clear answers to reletivately straightforward questions....

Edited by Rodney King, 20 December 2012 - 12:27 AM.

Posted Image
|Rodney__King| |Ex-Higher Force Leader | |Runescape's #1 Runepure + Tank Clan|
|HF Site| |HF IRC: #higher-force| |HF Requirements| |HF Tube|

Rex Mortuus Est, Vivat Rex - Higher Force 2005-2012

Proud to have served.

#11 WaterTab

WaterTab

• RS Name:Water Tablet
  • RS Status:Free
  • Clan:TFS

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

Im pretty sure if someone reports advert bots with names like 'dgsfg24' or 'hgsadf45' that it is surely a bot.
Anyways, this answers many questions. Thank you :thumbsup:

#12 Robin H PK1

Robin H PK1

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:25 AM

interesting that they are branching out from java, im guessing this is more to do with being given tools from working on the new Transformers Universe game.

#13 hot_hot_kid

hot_hot_kid

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:40 AM

Awesome thread i learned enough to get to see parts of the future seems like lots planned for 2013 ;)

Posted Image

#14 zoth01

zoth01

• RS Name:crovaxx07
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

Would love to see more skilling love in terms of profit. Although I completely understand why monster hunting is (and should be) way more profitable, I miss the days where I could make a good amount of gp while skilling.

I am everything I want to be, I am a Lucid Dreamer.

#15 Duke Narked

Duke Narked

• RS Name:Nark the Dom

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

It will be interesting to see how they improved the "Skilled" players. Runescape is a game of Luck in those 1s and 0s, but to see something that rewards long term players that put a lot into their starts should be very interesting to see.

However, Mark's answer aren't as comforting as I would like to hope to see. There are still a lot of unanswered question regarding bots, items and the effects of gambling.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 haash

haash

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

Q: Looking at these questions and their upvotes / downvotes, everyone is getting downvoted in some way, regardless of question / response.
Its interesting to wonder if this is a reflection of Runescape's community. My question is pretty straightforward: Do you think Jagex is doing a good job satisfying their community? And why?
A: I read a fascinating article on "the psychology of dislikers on you tube". If I find the link Ill post it here before I'm done.
How diplomatic..
His stubborness really amazes me; a man quite clearly consumed by arrogance, greed and gluttony.
Quit Runescape - November 2012

#17 zxpurekillxz

zxpurekillxz

• RS Name:Zxpurekillxz
  • Clan:None

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

Mod Mark will forever go down as the man who ruined runescape. I feel sorry for this man, not a bad read
Posted Image
Proud Christian Since 93
Posted Image

#18 JohnLegend

JohnLegend

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

Botting

This is the same analysis made almost every time they do one of these :/ They always seem to just dodge questions unless the answer is obvious or right around the corner. This gets annoying

Q: What decision do you most regret regarding Runescape?
A: Changing the smiley faces that used to represent your friends list and ignore list. I miss those faces.

Facetious crap like this annoy crap like this annoys the hell out of me; yeah this is a game and we, even him are all players, but take this seriously, organ.

Edited by JohnLegend, 20 December 2012 - 10:24 PM.

#19 Mikko

Mikko

سیاه فام مدیر

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

jagex doesn't actually ban any active player botters who are paying for their memberships. They have a random account generator that gives the account its displayname and whatnot and place it instantly into the botany bay to make it seem like the whole botany bay idea is working when its actually not. At the end of the day, jagex are really bad at catching actual botters. They could probably do a better job at it if they really put the effort in, but I think it's just not that big of a deal to them and they prioritise other things in front of the botting issue (such as adding new solomon content which means more income).

and this was more or less confirmed to me by a jagex moderator a while ago if you're wondering about source.

Edited by Mikko, 20 December 2012 - 11:31 PM.

#20 Darth koo

Darth koo

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

View PostMikko, on 20 December 2012 - 10:56 PM, said:

jagex doesn't actually ban any active player botters who are paying for their memberships. They have a random account generator that gives the account its displayname and whatnot and place it instantly into the botany bay to make it seem like the whole botany bay idea is working when its actually not. At the end of the day, jagex are really bad at catching actual botters. They could probably do a better job at it if they really put the effort in, but I think it's just not that big of a deal to them and they prioritise other things in front of the botting issue (such as adding new solomon content which means more income).

and this was more or less confirmed to me by a jagex moderator a while ago if you're wondering about source.

If you got proof of this than prove it, Mikko, with a link of screen shot. The small amout of stuff we did get was interstering at least.
http://Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: