Im Gonna Get A 99! Stops A Day Later.

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 qazbob12

qazbob12

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

I have a seriously hard time leveling in Runescape. Ive never been able to get a single 99 for all the years ive been playing.
The most ive ever really done is get from lvl 70 to lvl 78 hunter without doing something else in runescape.
My question is: How do you guys cope with the grind of runescape and reach those glorious 99's? What keep you going on? What do you guys do while training? (escpecially for those skills with constant clicking such as hunter.) My dream 99 is 99 hunter. So, if you have any strategies/ ideas to keep my self into trapping i'd appreciate it!

Edited by qazbob12, 15 December 2012 - 11:30 PM.

what people call me online: simply Alca and barney.
of course, if you don't adapt, you won't survive.

#2 Sell For Irl

Sell For Irl

• RS Name:Protean Pain
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:45 AM

Find multiple grinds - whether it's Barrows runs, GWD trips, Pest Control, Soul Wars etc... get yourself a few activities you like/want to do.
When one grind kills your nerves, switch to another. Once in awhile, switch to something fun; every 25 Barrows chests, I would do a Kree'Arra trip. Every level up, I would do 3 Castle Wars games.

Eventually, you'll meet your goals. And once you get in the 90s, your grind drive increases drastically.
Protean Pain

#3 GuiltySpark

GuiltySpark

Monitor

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:14 AM

I try to choose a method of training that yields the highest possible exp/hr, even if it means breaking my bank occasionally. If I'm out of money, I'll go back to slayer until I get bored. If there's no avoiding a slow skill (like agility), I'll pull up a TV show or the RoosterTeeth Podcast in another window and just watch/listen to that while I'm grinding.

Something else I find helpful is just talking to people in a FC or CC while training. Better yet, find someone with a similar goal to yours and race them for some motivation.

-Guilty Spark

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 cestal

cestal

Rightful Wielder of the Angry Hedge Clippers.

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:55 AM

I just run around and have fun, and don't worry about what levels I get.  combat 99's are easy and inevitable if you play the game.  Others take much longer, but then what's the hurry?
Cestal quotes:
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
Sir Winston Churchill, British politician (1874 - 1965)
"Your good fortune is not my misfortune" -- Cestal
Honour
"Life is pain, Highness... anyone who tells you differently is selling you something."

#5 qazbob12

qazbob12

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:01 AM

View Postcestal, on 16 December 2012 - 01:55 AM, said:

I just run around and have fun, and don't worry about what levels I get.  combat 99's are easy and inevitable if you play the game.  Others take much longer, but then what's the hurry?
I kinda wanna access more content, but much of it requires high skill levels.

#6 Swellington

Swellington

• RS Name:Swelly
  • Clan:Fatality

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:23 AM

its hard not to get a 99 nowadays w/ all the bonus xp, free xp lamps from sof, daily challenges, jot, double xp+double xp weekends for certain skills.

forgot about skill pendants also :\

Edited by Swellington, 16 December 2012 - 02:24 AM.

#7 Black

Black

• RS Status:Inactive

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:14 AM

I just did whatever i wanted then every so often id skill then once i got bored and went to whatever i never really aimed for 99s untill i got close then i started "griding" because the closeness gave me drive, theres no way i could handle just doing 70-99 anything straight tbh and wouldnt really recomend bothering with necessary 99s either maybe just aim for 80 then switch to another skill and come back later for 85 possibly 90-99 in the future, i would recommend joining PvP teams with a good community to retain some form of fun in this game.

Edited by Blackenese, 16 December 2012 - 04:24 AM.

(17:47:17) <D156> we aint fighting rot

#8 Catalan

Catalan

Catalans

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:27 AM

Mix up your activities on the game I suppose - e.g. for herblore I used to make 500-1k brews a time then go pking, staking or whatever - yeh extremes were not around yet. Most skill exp/hour rates have substantially increased from years ago so I suppose go for the fastest rate your budget will allow.

Edited by Catalan, 16 December 2012 - 04:27 AM.

Chivalry Legions High Councillor

#CL on Seers IRC

#9 Magick

Magick

outrageous

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:42 AM

Put in the effort -- the game is a grind, and more often than not, you are going to find yourself doing something you no longer enjoy/monotonous, but you just have to power through that. Who ever said getting a 99 would be fun? Players tolerate the hardous parts of the game in order to access the eventual 'fun.' I believe I made a topic about this over a year ago.

Posted Image

#10 Duke Narked

Duke Narked

• RS Name:Nark the Dom

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:54 AM

Clans, competitions, and skill wars.

I surround myself with friends and clan mates to help me focus on my goals. Also having an achievement thread helps a lot. But you have to update the thread almost everyday which can be a pain, but its better than grinding aimlessly.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Jordy.

Jordy.

Forsaken forever

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:56 AM

First i'd start getting an 99 that u can do while doing other stuff(one u can AFK).
Once you get your first 99 and you are trying for another, just mix it up a bit with other skills or minigames so you keep yourself motivated.

Dream as if you’ll live forever.

Posted Image

#12 Salty Pigeon

Salty Pigeon

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:10 AM

To get a 99 you need to build a habit out of a training method. Set goals to keep yourself driven.

#13 Elder Jr

Elder Jr

Zybaholic

• RS Name:Elder Jr
  • Clan:Ronin

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:53 AM

Take part in competitions, they help alot if your one of those who gets bored and looses focus from there goals.

Ex-Clanner (2004-2014)

Ex-CD Staff (2012-2014)

#14 Nebbo 67

Nebbo 67

Im A KO Monster - CoR P2P Warlord

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:08 AM

perseverance and self control.

CoR since 10.05.05 Posted Image CoR since 10.05.05
Click for my PK videos (1-5 OLD WILDY): [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ 4 ] [ 5 ] [ 6 ] [ 7 ]

#15 gkitti

gkitti

Seme

• RS Name:gkitti
  • Clan:ZybezNet

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

I belong to the 'No 99's' club myself. Almost 13 yrs and still a noob. :-D

Posted Image
Anarchy HC 2004-2007
Proud Corruption ending member

#16 Dj Ju Fro

Dj Ju Fro

• RS Name:Dj Ju Fro
  • Team:#Fro

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

Set a certain amount of XP you want to get for that play session or day and TRY to reach, better to over shoot, you'll feel like you didn't accomplish much but any XP counts right?

Dj Ju Fro- Max cape since 3/23/13

Max cape re-achieved 10/3/13

2595 achieved 10/11/13

Dj Ju- OSRS acc

#17 Ninjasteak

Ninjasteak

The Wizard

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

Always set a goal for yourself. It helps in the long run, and you really won't feel bored. Even if you do, there's going to be a nagging soul in your mind to achieve it.
Words of wisdom: Patience is a virtue :thumbsup:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image   

Achievements & Questions CL Zchat Rank Zybeznet Clan Co-leader

> The 98 Prodigy Thread <

Posted Image

Winter is coming.

#18 Nirupt

Nirupt

• RS Status:Free

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

I have yet to obtain a 99 myself, however, I am currently working on strength which is at level 90.  Now, with that in mind I try to AT THE VERY LEAST get 100k a day.  I do have work and I am in college, but winter break has started so I know I need to organize what I need to accomplish daily or weekly.  I make sure I get my 100k a day and if I have more time I go for 200k (every 100k xp takes me about 50 minutes-an hour.) I see myself at 7.5m xp left until 99 so my motivation is basic arithmetic. 7.5m/100k = 75 meaning it would take me 75 full hours to get 99, and putting lets say 4 hours a day.  74/4 = 19 (rounded) days.  Which in my opinion is great since my break lasts for another 2 weeks at least and obviously I can push myself to even grind a mil xp one day.  I also listen to music, watch youtube videos that basically play themselves, talk to friends on skype, or my brothers in-game.  I just hit 90 yesterday and now I don't want to stop, because it is still so far away yet so close.

I also realized I played this game since I was 13 and I need to get my lazy ass movin on the grind....

Cheers!

Posted Image

I've played this game when it first came out. I still enjoy it.

#19 qazbob12

qazbob12

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

Wow! I never expected so much support and advice! :lmao:

#20 Grace

Grace

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

The majority of my 99 skills came from either AFK training or using brawlers. I guess when i found the game fun a few years ago "grinding" was not such a chore.

Ex-Brutality

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: