Brogusa

Friends, let's bring them Hell.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

i have my five bars set up as such:

1) General purpose melee
2) General purpose Magic
3) General purpose Ranged
4) Dungeoneering
5) Other (basically, teleports and skilling)

The one thing that the first three bars have in common is that they all have Anticipation, Preparation, and Resonance bound. The rest of the first three bars consist of ~4-6 basics, 2 thresholds, and about 1 or 2 ultimate abilities. i wanna "streamline" my ability bars in the sense that i have some consistency when swapping combat styles. i also wanna take out some of the abilities that i don't use or just have no need for and replace them with other abilities that I would use more often and would help me out more in combat. I hear that some abilities deflect damage and whatnot.

so, rsc, i ask you, what are some "must have" abilities that i can make use of?

#2 Zparanoid

Zparanoid

Senior Dismember

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:20 AM

For the general purpose melee/mage/range bars I'm finding that I'm forever having to flip around what abilities are on them depending on what specific monster I'm fighting (I do a lot of slayer).

For your dungeoneering bar the freedom ability is an absolute must have - because being binded by mages while running through rooms is never fun.

#3 BrainiacOutcast

BrainiacOutcast

the FoG life chose me

• RS Name:Brain Ou
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

You should always have slice/piercing shot/wrack as the first ability, depending on which combat style you're using. Alternating between those abilities and other abilities (eg. slice-punish-slice-smash-slice-cleave-slice) works great.

Edited by BrainiacOutcast, 12 December 2012 - 11:32 AM.

Posted Image

Add me on League of Legends (NA/EUW) and Steam:
"BrainiacOutcast"

#4 Demonguy440

Demonguy440

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

I'd suggest Rejuvenate but, that one might be possible to just click over to the book with how sparingly it might be used depending on the situation.

Posted Image

#5 Brogusa

Brogusa

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

Well, all I've been doing ever since EoC launched was cram all my abilities into one bar, and then just spam until I get an ultimate or a threshold and use that. It worked so far, but I wanna take a more organized and tactical approach, rather than just button mash. Since I use mostly 4 basics and 1 threshold at most, I just set 4 basic abilities for each style that follow a roughly similar pattern (3-sec, stun, AoE, DoT) and 200% damage over time. I found some defensive abilities and I decided to bind those to the action bar. They are as follows:

Anticipation - Preparation - Resonance - Reflect - Debilitate - Revenge - Rejuvenate

I've used Ant/Prep/Res in the Fight Caves, so I know how they work, but I'm still getting the hang of using them as combos (so-to-speak). So far, the only chains I know of for abilities is something like Impact and then Wrack and Asphyxiate followed by Wild Magic.

Edited by The Puppetmaster, 12 December 2012 - 02:15 PM.

#6 B.A. Baracus

B.A. Baracus

• RS Name:Buddy Rich
  • RS Status:Member
  • Team:Rocket

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

View PostThe Puppetmaster, on 12 December 2012 - 02:15 PM, said:

I've used Ant/Prep/Res in the Fight Caves, so I know how they work, but I'm still getting the hang of using them as combos (so-to-speak). So far, the only chains I know of for abilities is something like Impact and then Wrack and Asphyxiate followed by Wild Magic.

The stun/More damage if they're stunned combo is great, and works with every combat style, so use it often. One thing that i've noticed (on monsters at least) is that stuns like Impact seem to last a whole lot longer than 3 seconds, so use Wrack and the like as often as possible during the stun period. On monsters with high Lp, a nice move is building Adrenaline to 100%, using Revenge, then building Adrenaline to 100% again, using Metamorphosis, then hitting them with the Impact/Wrack combo, followed by Dragon Breath and Asphyxiate. Revenge will increase your damage output every time you get hit, and Metamorphosis will stack on top of it, making the 20 second Metamorphosis give you tons of damage output. Another thing that i've noticed that's not really an ability, but is useful, is that you can eat/drink potions while Asphyxiate is going, and not interrupt the attack. I'm not sure if that was intentional, or if it works with other combo attacks, but it's definitely worth mentioning.
Posted Image

#7 Ninjasteak

Ninjasteak

Everyone is human.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

That's a pretty good setup. I kind of invented my own.

My first ability bar has skilling, teleports, whatever I need for the miscellaneous.
Second bar is all melee basic abilities.
Third is melee thresholds and ultimates.
Fourth is general ranged bar (customized to my ranged weapon, dual, or 2h)
Fifth is general magic.

Shield abilities like resonance and preparation can be added to any melee or ranged bar. Healing abilities (Rejuvenate, regenerate, etc) can be put any bar, perhaps the combat style you use the most.

Stuns are always a good thing to have for any combat style, along with their aftereffect (Kick and punish used together is a great combo). For melee, Assault, Overpower, and Meteor Strike are good to have for single-way areas. Quake and Hurricane are great for multi-target areas. For ranged, basically all the basic abilities are helpful (depending on the monster and area). Deadshot and Incendiary shot are the top picks. Some neat abilities for magic are Asphyxiate, Omnipower, Combust, and Tsunami.

Really, it comes down to what you're fighting and your play-style. Those are only some suggestions^. :innocent:

Edited by Ninjastreak2, 12 December 2012 - 03:28 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image   

Community Leader of Achievements & Questions | Zybez Clan Co-leader

Posted Image

In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength.

#8 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

For me, I have:
  • Barrows, Dungeoneering

• 2H Melee Action Bar

• Dual Wield Action Bar

• Magic Action Bar

• Range Action Bar
These change from time to time because I'm still investigating closely to what's the best setup, but I think I've gotten down to my favorite by far. I'll be posting these in the future, but for now, I'd just like to give you a rough idea of what mines look like.

Edited by Milktea4me, 12 December 2012 - 07:28 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#9 Brogusa

Brogusa

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

Well, I've just got done with a Barrows run. It seems like I'll be using this setup for a little bit. I'm not entirely sure if this setup is best for DPS, but I was able to last much longer.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's what my gear looks like. Can't wait to upgrade to Ahriman's after I have enough money.
(of course, if I get a triple loot from the chest with hood, robe top, and bottoms, that would be even better :-P)

Posted Image Posted Image

Well, seeing as how this thread is more or less answered, I guess there's no point in keeping it open any longer. Mind closing this thread, Milk?

#10 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

Closed upon request

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size: