Xtrm

(ง •̀_•́)ง

• RS Name:Xtrm
  • RS Status:Inactive
  • Team:Sad Unit

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mod Emilee started a project she claimed to be fixing the themed worlds. However, it seems like we will finally be seeing some higher skill total worlds and some changes to some of our home worlds we love so much. (Source)

This chart is interesting. The main changes are the addition of a 2400+ skill total world (59), 2000+ skill total worlds (52, 137), and numerous mini-games and D&Ds finally getting an themed world (60 is finally labelled as D&D and penguins). However, the main thing I saw was a question Mod Emilee posted below the chart. This being,

Finally, just throwing it out there, how important are the world numbers? What do they mean to you?

This sounds like we may be seeing a removal of the current number system we have and possibly moved to a new system. What could this new system be? We saw the introduction of traveling to a friend's world today which removes the need to go to the lobby and manually switch to a world. Are we slowly moving away from the use of numbers?

How do you feel about the change in worlds? Are you losing your favorite world to a skill total requirement or a lag infested mini-game? If RuneScape did not have a numbered world system, what kind of system would you like to see implemented?

Posted Image

#2 Magick

Magick

outrageous

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

Separating old players [high level] from new ones will not work well in rebuilding the community. But, I guess that what high level players get if they whine enough.

I have never really had an attachment to the worlds being listed by numbers, I guess they are just making things more modern by removing them. A couple did need updating, such as the 'high-risk wilderness world[s]' as there is no such thing any more.

Edited by Magickal, 11 December 2012 - 03:50 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Robinhoodrs

Robinhoodrs

Banned

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

World 89 was my home world since I started PKing with my first team D.I.W back in 2004, it was up until that world was hit by unbearable lag/crash issues that we had to change to W91 and its been our home world for a year or two.

I don't really care about them removing the world numbers, it was just a world where I knew someoneI know was going to be on in and I would run into them. If anything, they need to low the number of worlds they have, the game feels dead and empty because there are some many people spread across some many worlds, it was fun back in 2004 when there wasn't so many worlds but so many people, it felt like a big community and a popular game with loads of people to meet.

Just my thoughts, also what Magick said about the high level worlds, it will just make the community feel that more dead with all the high levels off on their own world and not helping out the new kids on the block.

Posted Image

| Singles PKing Team | Twitter.com/EeS_Marco | #DontPanic |

#4 Heavens Gate

Heavens Gate

Leads to

• RS Name:RunezScape
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

This was the talk of the HLFs for a little while now, but with the new skills coming out, these 2400/2000+ worlds will probably be short lived by the time this stuff rolls around. I also agree with robinhooders. It would be awesome to have some of the worlds removed so that we could have a sense of a larger community again.
Posted Image

#5 Derp

Derp

hurr durr

• RS Status:Member

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

Decent changes, people have wanted the high total lvl worlds now for quite a while, will be surprising if quite a lot of bots get into 2k/2.4k worlds but you never know.

-Sprinted; 99 Slayer; 17th July 2012; 130 Combat; Only other 99 being craft

#6 qazbob12

qazbob12

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

OMG. A F2P ROLEPLAYING WORLD. :lmao:  Jagex has answered my plea! (angels singing)
Besides World 41 Bieng by far (oh yes by far) the best world change, the rest are pretty good two. We didnt need so many random country servers. Never have i met a lithuanian person on RuneScape.

Edited by qazbob12, 11 December 2012 - 07:20 PM.

what people call me online: simply Alca and barney.
of course, if you don't adapt, you won't survive.

#7 Geodude310

Geodude310

Mandingo Unit

• RS Name:Geodude310
  • Clan:'The'

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

View PostRobinhoodrs, on 11 December 2012 - 03:45 PM, said:

World 89 was my home world since I started PKing with my first team D.I.W back in 2004, it was up until that world was hit by unbearable lag/crash issues that we had to change to W91 and its been our home world for a year or two.

I don't really care about them removing the world numbers, it was just a world where I knew someoneI know was going to be on in and I would run into them. If anything, they need to low the number of worlds they have, the game feels dead and empty because there are some many people spread across some many worlds, it was fun back in 2004 when there wasn't so many worlds but so many people, it felt like a big community and a popular game with loads of people to meet.

Just my thoughts, also what Magick said about the high level worlds, it will just make the community feel that more dead with all the high levels off on their own world and not helping out the new kids on the block.

I agree. if anything we need less worlds
Spoiler

#8 Soulless

Soulless

The guy whose name no one can remember

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

View PostDerp, on 11 December 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

Decent changes, people have wanted the high total lvl worlds now for quite a while, will be surprising if quite a lot of bots get into 2k/2.4k worlds but you never know.

Well I reckon you will still see a few bots since a lot of players with 2000+ total are main botters.
Class > Swag

#9 Derp

Derp

hurr durr

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

View PostSoulless, on 12 December 2012 - 10:04 AM, said:

View PostDerp, on 11 December 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

Well I reckon you will still see a few bots since a lot of players with 2000+ total are main botters.

Mhm, I thought about this.

It shouldn't be as bad though, I'm 2200+ total & never botted myself. x]

-Sprinted; 99 Slayer; 17th July 2012; 130 Combat; Only other 99 being craft

#10 Catalan

Catalan

Catalans

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:13 AM

Hope to see a lot player killing in world 18 and 33

Chivalry Legions High Councillor

#CL on Seers IRC

#11 moneyhelpspk

moneyhelpspk

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

I prefer they make skill total 2000+ worlds

#12 Sefket

Sefket

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

The only thing I'd like to see is Runescape reverted back to 2007 but I highly doubt that would happen.

#13 Brogusa

Brogusa

Friends, let's bring them Hell.

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

I find the lack of Conquest-only worlds highly disturbing.

#14 Wats Ronskep

Wats Ronskep

• RS Name:Wats Ronskep

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

View PostThe Puppetmaster, on 19 December 2012 - 04:16 PM, said:

World 53 is a 'Pest Control & Conquest' now viewable in the lobby world switch.

Posted Image

#15 konka

konka

• RS Name:Stawnk
  • Clan:Retired

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

World 71 has been my home world for over 5 years now, I'm not sure what other system they would use if they remove numbers, the 1-x is an easy system that doesn't need to be changed imo.

Looking forward to 2k+ worlds though.

Posted Image

King Stawnk | 45 defence | 17 99's | 2,260 Overall

Pure forever

#16 Brogusa

Brogusa

Friends, let's bring them Hell.

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

View PostWats Ronskep, on 19 December 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

I reiterate: I find the lack of Conquest-only worlds highly disturbing.

#17 Wats Ronskep

Wats Ronskep

• RS Name:Wats Ronskep

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

View PostThe Puppetmaster, on 19 December 2012 - 07:37 PM, said:

View PostWats Ronskep, on 19 December 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

I reiterate: I find the lack of Conquest-only worlds highly disturbing.
Don't see much of a point for conquest only worlds since both minigames are on the same island so they should share a world.

Posted Image

#18 BeccaB

BeccaB

• RS Name:Unkindness

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

World numbers themselves mean absolutely nothing to me. However, a few of the worlds I tend to go to in order to play with specific players are being changed so that I can not get into them. Oh well.

I just hope they don't implement a system similar to the WoW realms system. That causes a great divide in the community.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: