Jump to content


Dual Wield Vs. 2H


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 James Jimi

James Jimi

    Member

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

Assuming I'm on a slay task (with full slay helm) and the task is weak to stab, which is more dps/better to use,
Dual rapier or zspear? Only asking because I've heard the reason dual is worse is since a lot of abilities (except havoc) are based on weapon damage and with dual it only takes into account the mainhand's damage. ->If this is wrong, a little correct explanation would be appreciated too.

#2 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

    I aim to please!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

Use Dharoks for every Melee Assignment. There's really no avoiding it and the DPS is way higher when you use Dharoks on anything weak to Melee.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image


#3 Cera S6

Cera S6

    Violent Resolution Officer

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

View PostMilktea4me, on 10 December 2012 - 02:25 PM, said:

Use Dharoks for every Melee Assignment. There's really no avoiding it and the DPS is way higher when you use Dharoks on anything weak to Melee.
^ this

Melee abilities, especially the 2h ultimates, hit hard as hell. Better than the dual wield for sure.

Mike|Cera_S6 - Violent Resolution Officer
Posted Image
P2P Teams: Overwhelming Threat Member (06) | Infamous PKers Member (09) | Border Patrol Member (09) | Genocide Member (10) | Frozen Fury Warlord (11 - 13)
F2P Teams: Noobs Inc Member (06) | Team X Warlord (09) | Northern Kings Warlord (12) | Evolution Warlord (12) | Octane Member (12)
Clans: Fear Member (04) | THE Futures Member (05) | Awaken Officer (05/06) | Violent Resolution Officer (06 - Present)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Community Leader of General Discussion, Clan Discussion, Clan Fights & Events and United Nations - Feel free to PM me with any questions/concerns Posted Image
Posted Image | Posted Image


#4 James Jimi

James Jimi

    Member

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

I'd rather not buy it for like 3m over mid when it's skyrocketing, so assuming no dh, zspear is ok then I assume?

#5 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

    I aim to please!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

View PostJames Jimi, on 10 December 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

I'd rather not buy it for like 3m over mid when it's skyrocketing, so assuming no dh, zspear is ok then I assume?
For Slayer Assignments, you'd want to use a 2H weapon for the AoE Abilities. Dual Wields are more for 1v1.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image


#6 konka

konka

    Member

  • Posts:212
  • Joined:22-November 08
  • RS Name:Stawnk
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Retired

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

View PostMilktea4me, on 10 December 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

View PostJames Jimi, on 10 December 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

I'd rather not buy it for like 3m over mid when it's skyrocketing, so assuming no dh, zspear is ok then I assume?
For Slayer Assignments, you'd want to use a 2H weapon for the AoE Abilities. Dual Wields are more for 1v1.

So am I right in thinking
First choice - Dharok's with full set
Second choice - Chaotic maul
Third choice - Zspear

If you aren't 70 defence, chaotic maul the best weapon? Take away Dharok's and is it worth using a two handed weapon vs duel wield still?

Posted Image

King Stawnk | 45 defence | 17 99's | 2,260 Overall

Pure forever


#7 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

    I aim to please!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

View Postkonka, on 10 December 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

So am I right in thinking
First choice - Dharok's with full set
Second choice - Chaotic maul
Third choice - Zspear

If you aren't 70 defence, chaotic maul the best weapon? Take away Dharok's and is it worth using a two handed weapon vs duel wield still?
Sounds about right for certain Slayer Assignments  but I'd focus on Specific Weaknesses rather than using a Chaotic Maul for everything because accuracy is still quite important Post-EoC. Other than that, you're in the right track.

As I've said, Dual Wield does have it's purposes. It completely destroys people 1v1 if you don't include Dharoks and it's a great way to get started in learning how the EoC works.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image


#8 Jaddy

Jaddy

    Accomplished Agility Freak

  • Posts:5,781
  • Joined:16-December 08
  • RS Name:Jaddy
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Zybeznet
  • Team:Zchat

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:11 AM

View PostMilktea4me, on 10 December 2012 - 07:46 PM, said:

View Postkonka, on 10 December 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

So am I right in thinking
First choice - Dharok's with full set
Second choice - Chaotic maul
Third choice - Zspear

If you aren't 70 defence, chaotic maul the best weapon? Take away Dharok's and is it worth using a two handed weapon vs duel wield still?
Sounds about right for certain Slayer Assignments  but I'd focus on Specific Weaknesses rather than using a Chaotic Maul for everything because accuracy is still quite important Post-EoC. Other than that, you're in the right track.

As I've said, Dual Wield does have it's purposes. It completely destroys people 1v1 if you don't include Dharoks and it's a great way to get started in learning how the EoC works.
Dual wielding is also easier to switch to a shield if you are in high damaging situations

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image


Maxed: 6th of August 2012
2496:19th of October 2012
Completionist: 30th of October 2012
2595: 25th of September 2013





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana
 
Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt
 
Color: