How Would You Make Rs Better?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 clodoveo12

clodoveo12

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

The new P-Ports I hear will be a good money sinker which is what I think what this game needs, people to invest money on (NPC Repair armor/weapons which everyone hates) I don't have much RS money myself but I think there needs to be distance from high valued items and difficulty of obtaining it(challenge), something thats hard to get but makes people keep going (Grinding but for a reward thats worth it-People hate it but thats what a MMO/RPG is)

Make a dungeon that REQUIRES a decent chunk amount of money (500k-1mil) to entery everytime With VERY tough bosses that have very low drop rate of EXTREMELY high level armor (Maybe not suitable for PVP)

Make EVENT BOSSES, like a raid or solo I guess. Have a weekend or day event where new bosses appear or bosses that appear every so many days of the month with valuable/nice drops that may be discountinued until the next year etc.

Get rid of XP BONUS/Drops or atleast do it every 3 months. Vets : What was the point of hard work/grinding when everyone else is getting what you thought was a rare hard achievement in half the time. No one will say it, but I think bragging rights is valuable for MMORPG.

What do you guys think of my idea? Give me 1-3 ways of how you would improve RS?

#2 Seed

Seed

• RS Name:Cupcakez
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

Unlike most people, I would not remove the microtransactions, I would just make a better solution to it than SoF. I like the idea of Solomon's General Store, just because the items you buy there are not giving you any advantages, so why not let those who want, spend money on the game they love? :) and people have to realise, that if they want the bots gone, something has to be done to keep jagex' income flowing, otherwise there's no money to pay the developers of the game we both love&loath for it's addictiveness.

On another note, I would make the Ability bar more customizable. As in make an option for what action is to take place for an item, or where the bar should be placed and whatnot. I would also like to have more bars and an easier way to change between them. Suggestion for this; Shift-NUMS. (s-1, s-2, s-3, s-4) or something like that.

Posted Image

RSN;Organically - totLVL;2283 - 99s;13

#3 Zephyr Zephyr

Zephyr Zephyr

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

View PostSeed, on 08 December 2012 - 09:27 PM, said:

I would also like to have more bars and an easier way to change between them. Suggestion for this; Shift-NUMS. (s-1, s-2, s-3, s-4) or something like that.

You can already do this. It should be set to Shift+# but you can right click the number on the right of the bar and "Customize Modifier key".
You can set it to Shift, Ctrl, or Alt.
Posted Image

Referral links are not allowed - Ramu  OK

#4 Seed

Seed

• RS Name:Cupcakez

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

View PostZephyr Zephyr, on 08 December 2012 - 09:31 PM, said:

You can already do this. It should be set to Shift+# but you can right click the number on the right of the bar and "Customize Modifier key".
You can set it to Shift, Ctrl, or Alt.

Oh, thanks for letting me know ^^

Posted Image

RSN;Organically - totLVL;2283 - 99s;13

#5 ʸᵃʸ

ʸᵃʸ

konnekting rod

• RS Name:Garalon
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

Allow for multiple combat bars. That's it.

Put all the offensive abilities on the normal bars, defense abilities on shift-(number), consumables/prayers/utility things (teletabs etc) on alt-(number).

I want this. Badly.

#6 GuiltySpark

GuiltySpark

Monitor

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

Runescape isn't in need of just a money sink-- it needs a sink for other items, especially high level equipment. One of the major complaints nowadays is that PvM isn't worth doing anymore since everything's so cheap, and an item sink would take care of that. I'm not sure of a good way to implement it, though... No one's going to give up their gear no matter how worthless it is without some sort of compensation.

As a side note, I'd also like more keybinds... It's kind of a hassle to have to cycle through binds 12 at a time rather than having the entire keyboard to use at once.

-Guilty Spark

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Voaz

Voaz

Since 2004.

• RS Name:Voaz

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

Destroy EOC & get our real Runescape back.
Don't you ever wonder, how we survive?

#8 5 x

5 x

XP gatherer

• RS Name:5-x
  • Team:Zchat

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

View PostGuiltySpark, on 08 December 2012 - 11:12 PM, said:

Runescape isn't in need of just a money sink-- it needs a sink for other items, especially high level equipment.

Player-owned ports will take care of that, hopefully.
Join zchat friends chat in-game!

#9 Sefket

Sefket

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

This game has changed so much. Bonus drops, double exp, buying exp is ridiculous. I would stop with those updates and stop that all together and remove EOC from the game and being back the old Runescape. I would give the developers and others who worked on EOC money since they worked on the update for a while and it would be rude to just not reward them for their hard work.

I'd also bring back Climbing boots back to like 1k or 700gp.

Edited by Sefket, 09 December 2012 - 12:13 PM.

#10 Lieutenant Dan

Lieutenant Dan

Zybez's Unofficial Brony Representative

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

View PostVoaz, on 09 December 2012 - 10:45 AM, said:

Destroy EOC & get our real Runescape back.
Pardon my ignorance, but whatever is on runescape.com would be the 'real' RuneScape... So stop your complaining, it's not going to change back.

On topic, there's not much I would change with the exception of a money sink. Instances of CURRENT bosses wouldn't be a good idea because they're already easy enough to kill.

Edited by Lieutenant Dan, 09 December 2012 - 11:59 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#11 ""Fidel Panda""

""Fidel Panda""

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:22 PM

Money/item sinks. Remember when certain items were actually rare and 20mil was a lot.
Remove Wilderness Toggle.
Roll back to 2006 when browser based games were popular. The community in general would be much better. Example: the clanning community in 2006 compared to now. Top clans pull 40 now, back in the day that'd be 100+.

#12 Mic J

Mic J

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

I'd make old-style combat worlds. It would be as if EOC was never implemented on them specific worlds. I think it would be pretty cool and beneficial to the community.

#13 Rarez

Rarez

RSC & RS2 Fact Sheet

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

2006 - Dec 2007 style Runescape and there, problem solved :P. Yea, that does mean no Summoning lol. It was a fun time but uhh yea dats about it

Posted Image

Runescape Classic Fact Sheet
Very interesting. 150000+ views, 600+ replies

#14 clodoveo12

clodoveo12

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

View PostSefket, on 09 December 2012 - 11:17 AM, said:

This game has changed so much. Bonus drops, double exp, buying exp is ridiculous. I would stop with those updates and stop that all together and remove EOC from the game and being back the old Runescape. I would give the developers and others who worked on EOC money since they worked on the update for a while and it would be rude to just not reward them for their hard work.

I'd also bring back Climbing boots back to like 1k or 700gp.

Climbing boots can be brought for 12gp 0.0 Although I bought it for 40k in GE.....fml. And NOOOOO to above user, summoning is awesome! I think it was one of the best decision ever made.

Also GWD has become pretty useles now, they were supposed to be such big deal but not anymore with the value of drops etc. I understand bosses will lose value as time goes but atleast keep implenting NEW / BETTER bosses to balance it out

#15 cestal

cestal

Rightful Wielder of the Angry Hedge Clippers.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

They are already kind of doing the thing I would like to see, which is more things/items that require two or more skills to accomplish (ie archmage title, which requires both magic and runecrafting at high level).  So more of that, and more weapons/armour that require high non-combat skills to use, as well as their combat requirements.

Keep expanding summoning, it has far more potential than has been used so far.  

Stricter discipline in game.  If someone is found to have done something significant against the rules, they should just be banned -- only reason they should ever be allowed back is if they can prove they didn't do it.
Cestal quotes:
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
Sir Winston Churchill, British politician (1874 - 1965)
"Your good fortune is not my misfortune" -- Cestal
Honour
"Life is pain, Highness... anyone who tells you differently is selling you something."

#16 Catalan

Catalan

Catalans

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:05 AM

Servers for pking without DG, godswords, claws, summoning etc.

Chivalry Legions High Councillor

#CL on Seers IRC

#17 Duke Narked

Duke Narked

• RS Name:Nark the Dom

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:57 AM

Personally, I would love to see a survival mode kind of game. Pretty  much like the current Zombie that you see on CoD. Where, you and a group of people take on a horde of goblins, deamons and so on. You would start off bare boned and would be able to pick up weapons, runes and armour off the monster you kill.

Other than that, I think that Runescape is fine really. I just want to see gambling gone.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 cestal

cestal

Rightful Wielder of the Angry Hedge Clippers.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:16 AM

I might just try that; take my smaller character and see how far down into the stronghold of security or somewhere he can get that way.  Of course, since he is f2p and he only has mage and range, he likely will get slaughtered..

View PostDuke Narked, on 11 December 2012 - 05:57 AM, said:

Personally, I would love to see a survival mode kind of game. Pretty  much like the current Zombie that you see on CoD. Where, you and a group of people take on a horde of goblins, deamons and so on. You would start off bare boned and would be able to pick up weapons, runes and armour off the monster you kill.

Other than that, I think that Runescape is fine really. I just want to see gambling gone.

Cestal quotes:
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
Sir Winston Churchill, British politician (1874 - 1965)
"Your good fortune is not my misfortune" -- Cestal
Honour
"Life is pain, Highness... anyone who tells you differently is selling you something."

#19 Blake

Blake

manacrew

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:44 AM

If I was currently leading the development team at JaGeX I would take the new stats system and diversify it to allow for deeper character customization in attempt to fabricate an item sink (multiple customized sets) as well as a gold sink (gold used in some way to contribute to this entire system). I would build on the concept of the amulet providing critical chance and work on doing a complete overhaul that introduces resistance to magic schools as well as implementing more dynamic attributes such as critical damage increases, attack speed, block (shields), movement speed (boots), armor penetration and a whole lot more. The hardest issue to overcome would be item IDs as the current system would be very limiting on how many different rolls of attributes could be obtained on any said piece given that every item in this game has a unique ID and it would be a total mess as each customized item could need up to hundreds of different IDs to make for a customized experience. If it was within the limitations to add as many item IDs as desired, to avoid G.E issues with the IDs these items would only be trade-able via the trade-window or otherwise cleanable and sold blank.

I have a lot of this idea planned out and worked out on paper but I'm not going to go in any deeper here as I feel it would be wasted. That is, for the most part, the most primitive explanation of the dynamics I would of loved to of seen in Runescape and perhaps one day I'll write up and publish my full piece in regards to it but for now all I can really say is I would of loved to of seen a deep sense of character customization introduced to the new combat and armor system that was introduced with the Evolution of Combat.

Posted Image

King of Private Message Suspensions: One | Two | Three

#20 Brogusa

Brogusa

Friends, let's bring them Hell.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

first and foremost: REMOVE WILDY TOGGLE AND REPLACE WITH OLD SINGLE/MULTI ZONES!!!
second: add more /dev/null spots for rsgp (aka gold sinks)

i would bring back pvp and bounty worlds. back in 08/09 when i was getting started with pking, i LOVED pvp and bounty worlds. i used to +1-item, 76k, etc.and i made loads of money on f2p. bounty worlds came as close to "old wildy (as in pre 10/12/07 updates)"  as it could've gotten without having to use a private server. i'd change bounty worlds to cover the whole accessible gielinor map, rather than just edgeville, the wilderness, and the grand exchange. it makes getting that kill WAY more rewarding AND you also get the thrill of the hunt! :hat: (of course to make the kill easier to get, a locator map would be placed in your inventory (ALWAYS keep on death) to help you find your target.

i'd also try and follow through on most of the suggestions that his lordship makes in his appendix to his unauthorised wilderness biography save for a few (such as the increased rune spawns, since chaos, blood, and death runes are virtually worthless now).

http://www.wildernes...pendixFinal.pdf

i'd keep pvp/bounty worlds running alongside pvp enabled wilderness, since pvp/bounty worlds do have a similar prospect to pvp enabled wilderness, there was just a special "niche" pvp/bounty worlds filled that the wilderness just couldn't. pvp and bounty worlds were PERFECT for various types of runescape machinima. there was also the fact that you could war with clans ANYWHERE rather than just clan wars and the wilderness.

Edited by The Puppetmaster, 11 December 2012 - 08:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: