Jump to content


Behind The Scenes Video 30: Player-Owned Ports


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 Murdoc

Murdoc

    D-FENS

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

In this week's Behind the Scenes video we talk to Mod Moltare about Player-Owned Ports! Find out how you’ll be outfitting your buildings and ships, and discovering the Eastern Lands!

All this and more, coming to RuneScape soon!

Mod Jane

Discuss this here.

Posted Image
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”


#2 gunnar schramm

gunnar schramm

    Member

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

Looks incredible, hopefully scrimshaw items will be balanced.

2496 total | 3 Billion EXP | 200m slayer | 200m dunge | 200m hits | 200m atk | 200m def | 200m str | 200m ranged | 200m cook | 200m fletch | 200m summ | 200m herb

Goal all 200ms (by 2017)
Posted Image

Please follow me on twitter (@dragonseance) and subscribe on youtube (dragonseance)!


#3 Xtrm

Xtrm

    (ง •̀_•́)ง

  • Posts:5,161
  • Joined:08-September 04
  • RS Name:Xtrm
  • RS Status:Inactive
  • Team:Sad Unit

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

I cannot wait for the update to become live. It's going to bring in so much high level content and I love that!

Posted Image


#4 Bigm72793

Bigm72793

    Junior Member

  • Posts:14
  • Joined:24-August 12
  • RS Name:Bigm of OCN
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

Looks epic, hopefully it's not a let down. Need to work on a few stats too, haven't been able to say that in quite a while.

#5 Velits

Velits

    Awesome~!

  • Posts:1,050
  • Joined:07-October 11
  • RS Name:Velits
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:less
  • Team:Awesome

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

Looks very exciting. I am happy I got at least two of the required skills (90+ Herb and Prayer). I think, if the rewards are good, that POP's will be a very good motivation to train your skills to 90+ if you haven't already :-)

#6 Paradite

Paradite

    What ever you say

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

Sounds great. Sounds like multiple decisions will have to be made correctly to recieve the best rewards. The fact that everything needs a required level of 90+ is great in my opinion. A legitmately high level update.
Posted Image

#7 Loco.

Loco.
  • Posts:2,700
  • Joined:17-May 10
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:ayylmao

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

A much needed update, hopefully it goes good.

Posted Image


#8 Voaz

Voaz

    Since 2004.

  • Posts:1,303
  • Joined:15-December 08
  • RS Name:Voaz
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

High-level content, yumm.
Don't you ever wonder, how we survive?

#9 Robinhoodrs

Robinhoodrs

    Bomb Squad Unit

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

This is the main reason I got membership on my account again, looks like I need to work on a couple stat's but that gives me a goal to work towards, awesome high-level content which was needed badly.

Can't wait, hope it isn't a let down, but it looks sick!

Posted Image


| Singles PKing Team | www.dontpanicrs.com | #DontPanic |


#10 Jay

Jay

    Member

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

Been excited for this for months. I have 90+ in every stat required to get the most out of this update so I'm looking forward to it.
"Men have called me mad, but the question is not yet settled
whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence whether
all that is profound does not spring from disease of thought
from moods of mind exalted at the expense of general intellect"

#11 Elder Jr

Elder Jr

    Zybaholic

  • Posts:5,801
  • Joined:27-March 07
  • RS Name:Elder Jr
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Ronin

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

I expected it to be more of a update that friends could do together (like dungeonerring) but by the looks of the recruitment interface we recruit bots to do voyage. I also expected live voyage system but Jagex'd.

But atleast the content is nice and exciting.

Edited by Elder Jr, 07 December 2012 - 05:05 PM.

Posted Image


#12 Gohankuten

Gohankuten

    Master of all Wills & Quests

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

View PostElder Jr, on 07 December 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

I expected it to be more of a update that friends could do together (like dungeonerring) but by the looks of the recruitment interface we recruit bots to do voyage. I also expected live voyage system but Jagex'd.

But atleast the content is nice and exciting.
How could you expect that?  Every time ports were mentioned it was stated that we would hire npcs to go sailing while we did other things and they would collect stuff for us.  It was always stated to be solo and that we ourselves wouldn't actually be sailing on the boat.

Thanks to Arno for the +1
Thanks to Teelex for the +2
954th Person To 99 Hunter
Master of all Wills and Quests
Posted Image


#13 Elder Jr

Elder Jr

    Zybaholic

  • Posts:5,801
  • Joined:27-March 07
  • RS Name:Elder Jr
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Ronin

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

View PostGohankuten, on 07 December 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

View PostElder Jr, on 07 December 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

I expected it to be more of a update that friends could do together (like dungeonerring) but by the looks of the recruitment interface we recruit bots to do voyage. I also expected live voyage system but Jagex'd.

But atleast the content is nice and exciting.
How could you expect that?  Every time ports were mentioned it was stated that we would hire npcs to go sailing while we did other things and they would collect stuff for us.  It was always stated to be solo and that we ourselves wouldn't actually be sailing on the boat.

I let my imaginations run wild.

Posted Image


#14 Paradite

Paradite

    What ever you say

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

View PostElder Jr, on 07 December 2012 - 05:52 PM, said:

View PostGohankuten, on 07 December 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

View PostElder Jr, on 07 December 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

I expected it to be more of a update that friends could do together (like dungeonerring) but by the looks of the recruitment interface we recruit bots to do voyage. I also expected live voyage system but Jagex'd.

But atleast the content is nice and exciting.
How could you expect that?  Every time ports were mentioned it was stated that we would hire npcs to go sailing while we did other things and they would collect stuff for us.  It was always stated to be solo and that we ourselves wouldn't actually be sailing on the boat.

I let my imaginations run wild.

Then you didn't get jagex'd. Its pathetic to make up expectations and then blame jagex when your imaginary expectations aren't met. People who do crap like that is why jagex can NEVER win no matter what they do.
Posted Image

#15 rudy

rudy

    Super Senior Member

  • Posts:864
  • Joined:18-May 04
  • RS Name:Kelso
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

Doesn't sound like you'll be able to explore the Eastern lands yourself which is a bummer but looks like a good update.

#16 Elder Jr

Elder Jr

    Zybaholic

  • Posts:5,801
  • Joined:27-March 07
  • RS Name:Elder Jr
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Ronin

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

View PostParadite, on 07 December 2012 - 08:09 PM, said:

View PostElder Jr, on 07 December 2012 - 05:52 PM, said:

View PostGohankuten, on 07 December 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

View PostElder Jr, on 07 December 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

I expected it to be more of a update that friends could do together (like dungeonerring) but by the looks of the recruitment interface we recruit bots to do voyage. I also expected live voyage system but Jagex'd.

But atleast the content is nice and exciting.
How could you expect that?  Every time ports were mentioned it was stated that we would hire npcs to go sailing while we did other things and they would collect stuff for us.  It was always stated to be solo and that we ourselves wouldn't actually be sailing on the boat.

I let my imaginations run wild.

Then you didn't get jagex'd. Its pathetic to make up expectations and then blame jagex when your imaginary expectations aren't met. People who do crap like that is why jagex can NEVER win no matter what they do.

Oh Jagex will never win, believe me.

Posted Image


#17 W13

W13
  • Posts:20,027
  • Joined:27-February 01
  • RS Name:W13
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

90+? ... I'll have to work on my stats :XD:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"Can't tan pon it long, naw eat no yam, no steam fish, nor no green banana" - Sean Paul

#18 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

    I aim to please!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

Hope Player Owned Ports is a huge gold sink. The economy really needs that right now.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image


#19 Brogusa

Brogusa

    Friends, let's bring them Hell.

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

View PostMilktea4me, on 08 December 2012 - 12:17 PM, said:

Hope Player Owned Ports is a huge gold sink. The economy really needs that right now.

Understatement of the century.

#20 Jaddy

Jaddy

    Accomplished Agility Freak

  • Posts:5,723
  • Joined:16-December 08
  • RS Name:Jaddy
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Zybeznet
  • Team:Zchat

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

View PostMilktea4me, on 08 December 2012 - 12:17 PM, said:

Hope Player Owned Ports is a huge gold sink. The economy really needs that right now.
But im poor :(

It is true though, but i doubt something like this will fix that.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image


Maxed: 6th of August 2012
2496:19th of October 2012
Completionist: 30th of October 2012
2595: 25th of September 2013





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana
 
Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt
 
Color: