Squeal Of Fortune: Combat Overload

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 Jay

Jay

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

This weekend, spin the Squeal of Fortune and you’ll be in with a chance of winning the newly released TzHaar Whip!

Until now, only those with an Attack level of 70 or higher could wield a whip. The TzHaar Whip changes that: this awesome whip can be used by members from level 1, and now that Yelps has added it to the wheel, anyone can have a crack! Like the shark fists released during Sizzling Summer, the whip can be converted between level requirement tiers from 1-60, so it'll stay useful as you level.

The whip is a limited edition weapon, and can be won only until the end of December. No need to worry, though; between Friday and Monday there’s an increased chance of getting this unique weapon!

Yelps has another fantastic opportunity for you this weekend. Alongside an increased chance to win the newly released TzHaar Whip, you’ll have an increased chance of taking away pendants of skill related to the more aggressive combat disciplines. Pendants for Attack, Strength, Ranged and Magic are more likely to appear on the wheel, so you can boost your offense as the Evolution of Combat continues to change the combat landscape.

Your increased chance of winning the whip and pendants starts from Friday, December 7th at 00:00 GMT until Monday, December 10th at 23:59 GMT. You’ll be able to win the TzHaar Whip until Monday, December 31st , but this weekend is your best opportunity!

You can purchase spins here, or by clicking 'Add Spins' next to the Squeal of Fortune itself. Don’t forget that subscribing will bag you two daily spins instead of one. If you’re hunting for ways of getting extra spins, check out our Squeal of Fortune wiki.

The RuneScape Team

Discuss this here.

"Your tenacity is admirable, but pointless."

Posted Image

#2 Gohankuten

Gohankuten

Master of all Wills & Quests

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

Got the whip from my daily spins.  Goes well with my obsidian armour.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Thanks to Arno for the +1
Thanks to Teelex for the +2
954th Person To 99 Hunter
Master of all Wills and Quests
Posted Image

#3 Blake

Blake

manacrew

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

I really hate SoF..

Edited by SAGE, 06 December 2012 - 07:20 PM.

Posted Image

King of Private Message Suspensions: One | Two | Three

#4 Ban ki roon

Ban ki roon

7 Time RSC Award Winner *******

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

Honestly it's just more bad content after another.. Where's the sense of acomplishment now :(

Secretary-General of the United Nations

#5 Derp

Derp

hurr durr

• RS Status:Member

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

View PostSAGE, on 06 December 2012 - 07:20 PM, said:

I really hate SoF..

-Sprinted; 99 Slayer; 17th July 2012; 130 Combat; Only other 99 being craft

#6 Xtrm

Xtrm

(ง •̀_•́)ง

• RS Name:Xtrm
  • RS Status:Inactive
  • Team:Sad Unit

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

I just hate limited items on the Squeal. It basically forces people to buy spins just to get items they want.

Posted Image

#7 Derp

Derp

hurr durr

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

View PostXtrm, on 06 December 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

I just hate limited items on the Squeal. It basically forces people to buy spins just to get items they want.

Agreed, somebody in my clan bought them.

Why people would waste money on runescape items when there's so many better uses I'm really unsure of. :s

#8 Yuuki es rey

Yuuki es rey

Yuuki ♥

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

Cool, another update i don't need.
Posted Image

#9 Heavens Gate

Heavens Gate

Leads to

• RS Name:RunezScape

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

View PostDerp, on 06 December 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

Why people would waste money on runescape items when there's so many better uses I'm really unsure of. :s

Because it's their money and their decision. Some people spend their money on expensive clothing, cars, pets, hobbies, food, furniture etc when there are "many better uses" for the money. Fact is, everyone falls into some kind of category where they've spent more than the required, exceeding the level of necessity. So technically, nobody is in a position to classify what's a "waste" and what isn't when it comes to something as miniscule as SoF spins and positive personal enjoyment.

Everyone purchaces something that next person will never "understand".

Edited by Heavens Gate, 06 December 2012 - 10:08 PM.

Posted Image

#10 Loco.

Loco.

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

Disappointing

Posted Image

#11 Manga

Manga

『  』

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

I got mine, it's stats are sadly weaker than normal whip, the cosmetics are cool but really hard to see, could be better, could be worse. I really have no use for it.

☼ This never ever should have been, but that's the way it is ☼
Posted Image
Zchat Gold Star |Zybeznet Overseer|MM&D Staff|Global Moderator

#12 Gohankuten

Gohankuten

Master of all Wills & Quests

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

View PostManga, on 06 December 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:

I got mine, it's stats are sadly weaker than normal whip, the cosmetics are cool but really hard to see, could be better, could be worse. I really have no use for it.
Of course it's weaker than a normal whip.  The highest the tzhaar whip goes is level 60 while normal whip is level 70.  For high levels this is basically a cosmetic.  For low levels this can be a great melee training weapon that they can use all the way til they hit level 70. and won't have to bank to replace weapon when they level up since it can be upped in level on the fly.  Though I do agree the cosmetics are hard to see.

Thanks to Arno for the +1
Thanks to Teelex for the +2
954th Person To 99 Hunter
Master of all Wills and Quests
Posted Image

#13 Derp

Derp

hurr durr

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:43 AM

View PostHeavens Gate, on 06 December 2012 - 10:07 PM, said:

Because it's their money and their decision. Some people spend their money on expensive clothing, cars, pets, hobbies, food, furniture etc when there are "many better uses" for the money. Fact is, everyone falls into some kind of category where they've spent more than the required, exceeding the level of necessity. So technically, nobody is in a position to classify what's a "waste" and what isn't when it comes to something as miniscule as SoF spins and positive personal enjoyment.

Everyone purchaces something that next person will never "understand".

Ehh, I suppose so.

I'm more worried/slightly irritated the amount of kids which just go & use there parents credit card.

A lot of them still need to learn the value of money etc.

#14 Magick

Magick

outrageous

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

Judging by the past month, there seems to be an SoF and Solomon's store post once per week. I guess they have dialled it down a fair bit.

Posted Image

#15 gunnar schramm

gunnar schramm

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

Really depends how much money you have irl, there is decreasing utility for all things.

2496 total | 3 Billion EXP | 200m slayer | 200m dunge | 200m hits | 200m atk | 200m def | 200m str | 200m ranged | 200m cook | 200m fletch | 200m summ | 200m herb

Goal all 200ms (by 2017)
Posted Image

Please follow me on twitter (@dragonseance) and subscribe on youtube (dragonseance)!

#16 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• RS Name:Elysian Duck

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

So it is basically a buy-able weapon. 1 step closer to RWT.

View PostRashy, on 03 November 2010 - 09:25 AM, said:

The duck is Justin Bieber in disguise. He's spying on us. Ban now!

Posted Image

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#17 Murdoc

Murdoc

D-FENS

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

Well at least they're not giving away actual/improved versions of Overloads, as I initially thought in a moment of horror.

Posted Image
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#18 Derp

Derp

hurr durr

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

View PostMurdoc, on 07 December 2012 - 12:52 PM, said:

Well at least they're not giving away actual/improved versions of Overloads, as I initially thought in a moment of horror.

Wouldn't surprise me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: