RS3

Eoc: Did You Quit?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Poll: Eoc: Did You Quit?

EOC: Did you quit?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 GuiltySpark

GuiltySpark

Monitor

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:02 AM

Did you quit due to the EoC? It'd be interesting to know which of you have decided to continue playing, and whose decided to leave the game completely. For those of you that quit-- what are you doing with your time now? Also, if you vote 'undecided' - why? What will sway you in either direction?

Edited by Atarah, 30 November 2012 - 03:21 PM.

-Guilty Spark

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Kettlechips4

Kettlechips4

• RS Name:hoohaa
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:uokm8
  • Team:GG

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:05 AM

If you answered yes and did "quit" and are still hanging around an RS fansite, I've got some bad news for you pal.

#3 Lemon bonbons

Lemon bonbons

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:12 AM

View Postkettlechips4, on 26 November 2012 - 07:05 AM, said:

If you answered yes and did "quit" and are still hanging around an RS fansite, I've got some bad news for you pal.

I disagree. Most people who did exactly this stayed for the people and the community. ^_^

On a side note, I personally haven't quit, I check back on the game once in a while. I'm interested in seeing how the game will fare after the release of such a big update like EoC.

Posted Image  Posted Image

こんにちは皆さん、レモンボンボンです。日本語が好きだけど、下手です。それで終わります。よろしくお願いします。

#4 Jay

Jay

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:31 AM

I voted no. As a whole, I enjoy the evolution of combat update. I can side with people and say it's not completely finished & it certainly was not ready in the current state that it's in, but in general I think the Eoc is going to ultimately be a better thing for the game once people adapt to it.

"Your tenacity is admirable, but pointless."

Posted Image

#5 JackB

JackB

"You can shut up and you can both shut up"

• RS Status:Inactive

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:32 AM

I had already quit before but I would sometimes log in to have a few fights with friends then log out, but I wanted to see if I thought EoC was any good. If it was then I would come back just to war with friends more.
It didn't take long for me to make my decision and I don't plan on playing again.

#6 Mickey

Mickey

Defender of Common Sense

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:39 AM

View Postkettlechips4, on 26 November 2012 - 07:05 AM, said:

If I quit smoking, does that mean I shouldn't hang out with my friends who smoke ever again?

Retired

Posted Image

[My Profile]

#7 Elder Jr

Elder Jr

Zybaholic

• RS Name:Elder Jr
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Ronin

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

Eoc is actually quite great. It has revived Pking and Player vs Player in a great way. It gives a very good competitive feeling and is also challenging. We have had the old combat system for a long time now thats why in this scenario change is good. The most fun i am having out of EoC is to test different abilities and spells to create a constant damage flow.

I do agree EoC isn't for everyone as some people were too fond of the old system and really enjoyed it but i am sure if these people give EoC a chance they are going to love it.

Posted Image

#8 Kettlechips4

Kettlechips4

• RS Name:hoohaa
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:uokm8
  • Team:GG

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:17 AM

View PostLemon bonbons, on 26 November 2012 - 07:12 AM, said:

I disagree. Most people who did exactly this stayed for the people and the community. ^_^

View PostMickey, on 26 November 2012 - 07:39 AM, said:

If I quit smoking, does that mean I shouldn't hang out with my friends who smoke ever again?

Where in my post did I say you didn't quit?
The bad news is you will be back.

#9 Derek Yo

Derek Yo

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:42 AM

I haven't been an active skiller/pvmer for the good part of 2 years, and have been more focused on my clan. With that being said, the clan world is a lot more inactive because they are reluctant to try it. I don't mind it; though I can say that I prefer the conventional runescape, simply because it was what I was used to. Do I hate the update? No. Do I miss the old RS? Moreso for clan activity rather than conventional playing.

Have I quit? No, but if it keeps up, then my decision will have to be thought over.
We do not allow stolen images, edited or not, to be used in Signatures. If you have any questions feel free to PM me - mod derek

#10 ToeJam

ToeJam

Finger Picking Good

• RS Name:ToeJam

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

Did not quit.. if anything I've become more active :-O Was barely playing at all with exception to the odd clan event. With EOC coming in, I've started skilling again.

Posted Image

#11 Xtrm

Xtrm

(ง •̀_•́)ง

• RS Name:Xtrm
  • RS Status:Inactive
  • Team:Sad Unit

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

No, Jagex made this game better in my honest opinion. The EoC actually brought me back from retirement.

Posted Image

#12 ʸᵃʸ

ʸᵃʸ

konnekting rod

• RS Name:Garalon

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

Quite the opposite. I'm playing a lot more now- enough that I started paying for membership again.

#13 Ban ki roon

Ban ki roon

7 Time RSC Award Winner *******

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

canceled p2p as they killed the game

$5 more to Riot a month

Secretary-General of the United Nations

#14 B0rntowildy

B0rntowildy

• RS Name:B0rntowildy

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

EoC is crap

#15 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

I haven't quit and I don't plan on for quite a while. I think this is a healthy change for the game, but I don't necessarily agree with most of it. It was broken to begin with other than Melee being the most dominant Combat Style. They just needed to buff up Range and make Storm of Armadyl more cheaper to use. Other than that, it's a well balanced system that everyone knows and loves. But I have to say that the EoC does grow on me so hopefully my gut says this is the right change.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#16 Mickey

Mickey

Defender of Common Sense

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

View Postkettlechips4, on 26 November 2012 - 08:17 AM, said:

View PostLemon bonbons, on 26 November 2012 - 07:12 AM, said:

View PostMickey, on 26 November 2012 - 07:39 AM, said:

Where in my post did I say you didn't quit?
The bad news is you will be back.

I quit RS over 3 years ago and have been more active on RSC since then, yet I haven't come back to the game.

Edited by Mickey, 26 November 2012 - 11:29 AM.

Retired

Posted Image

[My Profile]

#17 Ghetto

Ghetto

Liverpool FC

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

If you actively play RS I think they improved the game.
If you are a new player looking for a PC game they made it more appealing than old RS.

If you are reluctant to change, involved in the clan world, semi-retired I think the update isn't ideal to say the least. I haven't quit but in my opinion I preferred the old system purely based on warring/clanning.

Posted Image

#18 CRXrippin

CRXrippin

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

I love the EOC update I actually pretty much quit playing the game awhile back. I would only go on RS to hang around with friends, and make friends in W1 and do those types of things. With the EOC I actually find myself engaged in the game and enjoying the combat.

It's also good for new players because it has a more appealing graphical side to it, with a simple generic runescape feel but an updated combat system which makes it one of the best browser based games in my opinion :)

#19 Florkin

Florkin

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

Nope. As long as I can semi-afk slay, I'm fine

#20 Cactus Jack

Cactus Jack

• RS Name:Wyatt Family

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

I returned to the game after 2 years to try the eoc. While it still needs allot of work it also allows for this game to grow, the old system was outdated and stale five years ago. With the EOC i can tell that it will allow for new content to actually be added while not overpowering the system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: