Fail Whale

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 » Caudery

» Caudery

¢αυ∂єяу 13

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:12 AM

So for a long time now, Jagex has been trying to stop Real World Trading.  They've made updates that have caused major effects on the players of the game and in some way shape or form has effected you. With this new Evolution of Combat, we see a major drop in a price of every single item as well as a drop in the price of Runescape Gold. For anyone who is unaware, you can buy gold for about 30-35 c per mil. With the massive drop in the price tag of the items, Jagex are only giving Real World Traders more value for there dollar.  We all have our opinions on EoC, but as a result Jagex have just given the people they have been preventing a silver platter with everything they want.

Has Jagex given them what they have wanted?
Has our playing been disrupted for nothing?
In the long run, was there even a point to trying to stop them?

Before you say this topic is another Real World Trading topic, you need to think about the content of this discussion.

Edited by » Caudery, 26 November 2012 - 12:13 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Black

Black

• RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

i dont know too much on the subject but wasnt it like .40c even before EoC?

#3 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:39 AM

I agree with the new EoC update everything has been crashing and it does make Real World Trading much more appealing for others, but we can't do much about it. Jagex has to step up and eliminate those bots that clearly destroy this game to a certain extent. I can only hope that Jagex opens their eyes and sees that the 'Boteny Bay' update isn't working and they need to resort to the old method of eliminating bots no matter how short-term the solution is. We need them gone now.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#4 Black

Black

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

View PostMilktea4me, on 26 November 2012 - 12:39 AM, said:

I agree with the new EoC update everything has been crashing and it does make Real World Trading much more appealing for others, but we can't do much about it. Jagex has to step up and eliminate those bots that clearly destroy this game to a certain extent. I can only hope that Jagex opens their eyes and sees that the 'Boteny Bay' update isn't working and they need to resort to the old method of eliminating bots no matter how short-term the solution is. We need them gone now.
its not just the bots though.

#5 Elder Jr

Elder Jr

Zybaholic

• RS Name:Elder Jr
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Ronin

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

For the time being prices will go down steady as everyone that's quiting is selling all there assets and exchanging it for real cash but seeing that bots no longer have access to the game the price will eventually go up from whatever it is right now but yes you are right in the long run prices will go down extensively and will only promote real world trading.

E: Great topic my Kangaroo +1 :thumbsup:

Edited by Elder Jr, 26 November 2012 - 01:02 AM.

Posted Image

#6 Lucy Fer

Lucy Fer

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:16 AM

View PostElder Jr, on 26 November 2012 - 01:01 AM, said:

For the time being prices will go down steady as everyone that's quiting is selling all there assets and exchanging it for real cash but seeing that bots no longer have access to the game the price will eventually go up from whatever it is right now but yes you are right in the long run prices will go down extensively and will only promote real world trading.

Bots no longer have acces? What sheltered place are you playing rs at. Most bot spots are still as filled as ever.

Posted Image

#7 Elder Jr

Elder Jr

Zybaholic

• RS Name:Elder Jr
  • Clan:Ronin

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:23 AM

View PostLucy Fer, on 26 November 2012 - 01:16 AM, said:

Bots no longer have acces? What sheltered place are you playing rs at. Most bot spots are still as filled as ever.

I heard for the time being they don't? Since everything is changed now. If they still have access, they must have had some real fast scripters.

Posted Image

#8 CRXrippin

CRXrippin

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

I think items have been coming down more so because less people are demanding them, but there are still the same amount of bots. It's become a real problem, but I don't personally believe the EOC has a direct impact on the bots whatsoever, other than the fact that Runescape is now: First hit, full xp & drop.

I think alot less people are demanding items now to, some items have gone up while lots have gone down.

#9 GuiltySpark

GuiltySpark

Monitor

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:52 AM

Major updates tend to have unintended ripples that effect the rest of the game. In this case the market took dip. I wouldn't say that this makes the Jagex the bad guy, if that is indeed how you're trying to paint them as.

Edited by GuiltySpark, 26 November 2012 - 02:52 AM.

-Guilty Spark

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 forsberg fan

forsberg fan

• RS Name:Lord Manatee

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

I agree that quitters selling their equipment is contributing to the price crashing. But bots are very much still around - scripters had access to the beta on weekends at the very least for 6 months now so that shouldn't be a total shocker. The other problem is panic selling as everyone is worried everything is bad and liquidating their banks and waiting out for the market to stabilize seems like a better approach. Or dumping money into skilling as I know a few people are doing too.

I don't think Jagex intended this to happen, but I also don't think it will last for a very long time. Things will balance out in due time. They really, really need to get a handle on the bot/gold farming problem though. They're breathed new life into their game, but if bots are just going to ruin the economy then new players are going to be easily turned off. Free trade and bot elimination need to go hand in hand. Bots + Free trade is a disaster.
Posted Image

#11 No1

No1

Disaster Control Ward

• RS Name:No1 1000
  • Clan:Zybeznet

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

Prices fluctuate in times of change. It's going to happen. A lot of prices are going down, a lot are going up. Eventually they will all settle based on their actual usefulness in the new system.

I don't see how this has anything to do with RWT, though, and you have a pretty major flaw in your logic: Gold and item prices dropping is actually incredibly bad for gold sellers. Lower prices per million means they're getting less money for the same sales, and lower item costs mean people don't need as much. I don't know what circumstances led to the dropping gold prices, but it hurts them far more than it could possibly help.
"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and
naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."

- Douglas Adams [Confirmation Bias]

#12 Zpoon

Zpoon

hey

• RS Name:ZPUN
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

For anyone who is unaware, you can buy gold for about 30-35 c per mil. With the massive drop in the price tag of the items, Jagex are only giving Real World Traders more value for there dollar.

That doesn't make any sense. If anything, it's harming RWT because it's devaluing the gold these traders have stockpiled. If you're looking to sell, you want the price of gold to increase so you get more money from your stock. Dropping is bad news for those selling gold.

I don't think anyone can make a determination on what is happening or will happen since everything is still in a state of flux. Wait until the dust has settled before a good determination is made.
Those who talk don't know. And those who know don't talk.
Posted Image
http://www.reddit.com/r/runescape

#13 Nott Vaengr

Nott Vaengr

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

I, for one, haven't shed a tear over the crashing of the gold-farmers' "hard working" bots.  I say let the gold-farmers get less money for their efforts at botting dragon bones, red chins, blue dragon scales, red spider eggs, etc.

Things will stabilize eventually.
Scoundrel for hire.  Dragons Rescued.
Virginity Cured.   Castles Plundered.  
No Brigandry Too Small.   No Fee Too Large.

#14 Rodney King

Rodney King

Rodney 'TB' King

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:12 AM

View PostBlackenese, on 26 November 2012 - 12:43 AM, said:

It's the lack of interest from legit players or people that actually buy the gold. It's simple demand and supply.

Firstly why buy gold when most items are unstable/crashing? Secondly, why buy gold for a dying game?

I think you'll have your answer.

Posted Image
|Rodney__King| |Ex-Higher Force Leader | |Runescape's #1 Runepure + Tank Clan|
|HF Site| |HF IRC: #higher-force| |HF Requirements| |HF Tube|

Rex Mortuus Est, Vivat Rex - Higher Force 2005-2012

Proud to have served.

#15 Black

Black

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:26 AM

View PostRodney King, on 29 November 2012 - 01:12 AM, said:

View PostBlackenese, on 26 November 2012 - 12:43 AM, said:

It's the lack of interest from legit players or people that actually buy the gold. It's simple demand and supply.

Firstly why buy gold when most items are unstable/crashing? Secondly, why buy gold for a dying game?

I think you'll have your answer.
Thats what Op already said?

#16 Boot

Boot

The one and only

• RS Name:Il Boot Il

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:30 AM

I don't know why people don't realize this. Jagex keeps saying "oh we only lose money when they are in our game." Why are they still in the game then? *conspiracy theory inc.* Either 1 of 2 possibilities here:

1. Jagex isn't really in control of the whole botting issue but is too afraid to admit it because they don't want their customers to lose faith in the company and game.

OR (this is a big or)

2. Jagex could be striking deals with these gold companies to allow them to stay in there?

The second option is very far-fetched but still possible. The only time you don't see bots in the game is after updates and that is only for a couple hours at most. All of their updates to stop botting have failed horribly, the bot-nuke only lasting like a week? No results from reports you send in which means there is no sort of human interaction to their reporting system. Also the only gold farmers you hear getting banned are the Dicing ones because they are independent gold sellers and absolutely no connection to Jagex.

Edit: Re-reading the topic, killing their own game is not a logical way to get rid of gold farmers. I think they honestly just dropped the ball on the EoC update, releasing it wayyyyyyyyy too early.

Edited by Boot, 29 November 2012 - 01:33 AM.

Posted Image

#17 dh4r0king

dh4r0king

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:54 AM

Squeal of Fortune. How about that for some RWTing?
Posted Image

#18 cestal

cestal

Rightful Wielder of the Angry Hedge Clippers.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:20 AM

Actually, falling prices make gp less valuable, which makes botting less profitable.  Any other interpretation is just because you start from the position of "I hate Jagex" and end at the spot "I ignore the rules of common sense and economics to prove Jagex sucks."  

Meanwhile, many things in the game keep getting better, and every hater out there just can't stand to see it happen.
Cestal quotes:
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
Sir Winston Churchill, British politician (1874 - 1965)
"Your good fortune is not my misfortune" -- Cestal
Honour
"Life is pain, Highness... anyone who tells you differently is selling you something."

#19 Blake

Blake

manacrew

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

Supply and demand. Simple economics.

There are an abundance of people quitting, desperately trying to cash out where they can. There are too many sellers on the market as a direct result. Prices drop.

It doesn't get any harder than that.

Supply and demand.

Posted Image

King of Private Message Suspensions: One | Two | Three

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: