Comparison Between Zaryte Bow, Royal Crossbow And Dual Ccbs

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Qualify

Qualify

Qualification

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:10 AM

Comparison between Zaryte Bow, Royal Crossbow and Dual CCBs

They all have an accuracy of 800 making their DPS comparison very fair meaning they all have the same likelihood of hitting.

• Zaryte Bow dmg 1608 @ speed of fast (Atk once per 3 seconds) = 536 DPS
  • Royal Crossbow using Royal Bolts dmg 1927 @ speed of average (Atk once per 3.6 seconds) = 535.277 DPS
  • Dual Wield Chaotic Crossbows using Royal Bolts dmg 867+433 @ speed of fastest (Atk once per 2.4s) = 541.666 DPS
  • Dual Wield Chaotic Crossbows using Diamond Bolts dmg 771+385 @ speed of fastest (Atk once per 2.4s) = 481 DPS

• Dual Wielding Chaotic Crossbows comes out on top whilst using Royal Bolts, which are inexpensive making it the overall cheapest and best if the monster has no weakness to Arrows.
  • Zaryte Bow has the second most DPS by 0.723 over the Royal Crossbow which isn't much at all, degrades, and uses no ammo. Not worth paying over 150m for one unless you really have the money.
  • Royal Crossbow is pretty much equivalent to the Zaryte Bow, and costs less than 100m making it more viable than a Zaryte Bow unless the monster has a weakness to arrows.

Credits:

Art of Bunny for the calculations.

Episkey for the tip on using royal bolts with Dual CCB.

Edited by Qualify, 23 November 2012 - 06:02 AM.

Posted Image

#2 B.A. Baracus

B.A. Baracus

• RS Name:Buddy Rich
  • RS Status:Member
  • Team:Rocket

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:19 AM

What kind of monsters were these tested on? Were they tested on monsters that had weaknesses to Arrow/Bolts specifically, monsters with no weaknesses, or monsters that were weak to something other than Ranged? That could have some impact on the DPS calculations and the effectiveness of each specific weapon in specific scenarios. For instance, the DPS difference between Zaryte and Royal was tiny in these calculations, but could Zaryte perhaps have a significant advantage against monsters that are weak to arrows rather than bolts?
Posted Image

#3 Qualify

Qualify

Qualification

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:22 AM

View PostB.A. Baracus, on 23 November 2012 - 03:19 AM, said:

What kind of monsters were these tested on? Were they tested on monsters that had weaknesses to Arrow/Bolts specifically, monsters with no weaknesses, or monsters that were weak to something other than Ranged? That could have some impact on the DPS calculations and the effectiveness of each specific weapon in specific scenarios. For instance, the DPS difference between Zaryte and Royal was tiny in these calculations, but could Zaryte perhaps have a significant advantage against monsters that are weak to arrows rather than bolts?

Thats a good point. It wasn't tested on monsters with weaknesses to Arrows/Bolts, but it still sheds some light on Rycb vs Dual CCB. Some testing will definitly have to be done.

Posted Image

#4 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:55 AM

It still might be worth investing in a Zaryte Bow, but that's if you have a good amount of extra cash. How did you find out the DPS of each weapon down to the 2nd decimal point?

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#5 Episkey

Episkey

Hai

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:41 AM

Royal bolts are very good and make dual ccb's viable

Maxed on the 1st of May 2012
Completionist Cape on the 16th of August 2012

#6 Qualify

Qualify

Qualification

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:00 AM

View PostMilktea4me, on 23 November 2012 - 03:55 AM, said:

It still might be worth investing in a Zaryte Bow, but that's if you have a good amount of extra cash. How did you find out the DPS of each weapon down to the 2nd decimal point?

Idk, Zaryte bow is going for almost 200m, plus the costs of repairing it. Then again its the best bow to fall under the arrow type.

You take the damage of the weapon which is shown in your equipment stats, and divide it by the attack speed.

Fastest: 2.4
Fast: 3.0
Average: 3.6

Example:
Zaryte Bow Damage is 1608/3.0 = 536 DPS.

Edited by Qualify, 23 November 2012 - 05:04 AM.

Posted Image

#7 B.A. Baracus

B.A. Baracus

• RS Name:Buddy Rich
  • Team:Rocket

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:11 AM

View PostEpiskey, on 23 November 2012 - 04:41 AM, said:

Good point, I hadn't thought of that. I actually just looked it up earlier, Onyx bolts (e) and Royal Bolts have exactly the same damage rating, so Dual CCb's should be the best. Kind of ironic, Royal bolts are more effective used with Chaotic Crossbows than the Royal Crossbow they're meant to be fired out of
Posted Image

#8 Qualify

Qualify

Qualification

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:25 AM

View PostEpiskey, on 23 November 2012 - 04:41 AM, said:

Thanks for the tip, looks like dual ccbs are the most viable unless the monster has a weakness to arrows.

View PostB.A. Baracus, on 23 November 2012 - 05:11 AM, said:

Good point, I hadn't thought of that. I actually just looked it up earlier, Onyx bolts (e) and Royal Bolts have exactly the same damage rating, so Dual CCb's should be the best. Kind of ironic, Royal bolts are more effective used with Chaotic Crossbows than the Royal Crossbow they're meant to be fired out of

I actually had no idea CCB could fire royal bolts. Its a great find, especially since royal bolts are cheaper. The only downside is that they have no special effect, but the 60.6 DPS should most definitly make up for that!

Posted Image

#9 Derek Yo

Derek Yo

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:42 AM

I don't think that's how you calculate DPS, especially when there was no real monsters to test it out. Furthermore, have you tried out any of the abilities, for one handed crossbows compared to two-handed? Which is better for bossing, if any?

While the heartiness is there, I believe this tip is incomplete. I myself am waiting for BV1 and MT4M to do this.
We do not allow stolen images, edited or not, to be used in Signatures. If you have any questions feel free to PM me - mod derek

#10 Qualify

Qualify

Qualification

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:54 AM

View PostDerek Yo, on 23 November 2012 - 05:42 AM, said:

I don't think that's how you calculate DPS, especially when there was no real monsters to test it out. Furthermore, have you tried out any of the abilities, for one handed crossbows compared to two-handed? Which is better for bossing, if any?

While the heartiness is there, I believe this tip is incomplete. I myself am waiting for BV1 and MT4M to do this.

They all have an accuracy of 800 making their DPS comparison very fair meaning they all have the same likelihood of hitting.

As quoted, it would make no sense to test it out on monsters because neither are more accurate than the other.

The only abilities that are equipment specific in dual wielding and 2h ranged weapons are two ultimate abilities. Incendiary shot and Unload. The rest of the abilities can be used by any ranged weapon.

The only thing is the monster with different weaknesses, but its common sense that it would be better to use the weapon that the monster is weaker too, as it will indeed hit better.

Therefore, there really isn't anything that needs to be tested.

Edited by Qualify, 23 November 2012 - 06:03 AM.

Posted Image

#11 Dr Destiny

Dr Destiny

Canadian Pride

• RS Name:Dr Destinyy
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

Having doing some research I found that the Zaryte bow is the best bow for monsters weak to range... though it is a relatively expensive bow though it doesnt require ammunition and the degrading drawback is more cheaper than using chaotic crossbow as not only does the degrade cost more but you also have to pay for the ammunition.

Royal crossbow is really just expensive

#12 slaterxpower

slaterxpower

Daniel Power

• RS Name:Power27

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:41 AM

If a monster has a weakness to bolts they have a general weakness to Range, therefore we would need to test on monsters as Arrows could do only slightly less damage on a monster weak to bolts.
This will take some time thought to fully see which bow/crossbow is best, you may well end up only need either a bow or a crossbow instead of both for range in general.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Jaddy

Jaddy

Accomplished Agility Freak

• RS Name:Jaddy
  • Clan:Zybeznet
  • Team:Zchat

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

Seeing the differences being so close, i would assume that the zaryte bow and dual ccbow are best for monsters weak to arrows and bolts respectively. However, sunce jagex said that arrows/bolts only give a slight edge, same as slash/crush/stab, you could argue that only one of the two suffices unless you have alot of cash lying around

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Maxed: 6th of August 2012
2496:19th of October 2012
Completionist: 30th of October 2012
2595: 25th of September 2013

#14 Qualify

Qualify

Qualification

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

View PostJaddy, on 23 November 2012 - 10:06 AM, said:

Seeing the differences being so close, i would assume that the zaryte bow and dual ccbow are best for monsters weak to arrows and bolts respectively. However, sunce jagex said that arrows/bolts only give a slight edge, same as slash/crush/stab, you could argue that only one of the two suffices unless you have alot of cash lying around

View PostDr Destiny, on 23 November 2012 - 09:07 AM, said:

Having doing some research I found that the Zaryte bow is the best bow for monsters weak to range... though it is a relatively expensive bow though it doesnt require ammunition and the degrading drawback is more cheaper than using chaotic crossbow as not only does the degrade cost more but you also have to pay for the ammunition.

Royal crossbow is really just expensive

View Postslaterxpower, on 23 November 2012 - 09:41 AM, said:

If a monster has a weakness to bolts they have a general weakness to Range, therefore we would need to test on monsters as Arrows could do only slightly less damage on a monster weak to bolts.
This will take some time thought to fully see which bow/crossbow is best, you may well end up only need either a bow or a crossbow instead of both for range in general.

There would definitely need to be testing on monsters with weaknesses especially since the Dual CCB with Royal Bolts out DPS Zaryte by 5. It can be possible that it would do better even if the monster is weak to arrows or what not, unless I'm missing the point to what everyone here is trying to say xD

Posted Image

#15 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

If I had the extra cash, I'd test this out on static target bosses and find out for myself, but I don't have that kind of luxury. i think a lot more goes into this like abilities and timed hits. I feel it's more what people are more comfortable with. For example, if I were to use a 2H Staff using something like Blood Barrage, I would know that its cast every 2 seconds. I've been able to time my abilities to the nearest second so I know that after I use 2 abilities  I'll be able to cast a Blood Barrage and lets my skills have a moment to cooldown without having to loss any momentum in the battle i.e. keep the damage flowing.

I found this to be a lot easier to time with slower weapons like the Zaryte Bow, but with Dual Wield Weapons, it's a much different story. It's been pretty tough to time them even though they claim to be faster. It's really quite strange, but over time hopefully people will have more of an input to this issue,

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#16 Brogusa

Brogusa

Friends, let's bring them Hell.

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

What about the Crystal bow?

#17 Qualify

Qualify

Qualification

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

View PostThe Puppetmaster, on 23 November 2012 - 11:37 AM, said:

What about the Crystal bow?

It doesn't even really compare to any of these the DPS is way lower.

Posted Image

#18 Xtrm

Xtrm

(ง •̀_•́)ง

• RS Name:Xtrm
  • RS Status:Inactive
  • Team:Sad Unit

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

Do Diamond bolts still have their enchanted ability?

Posted Image

#19 Qualify

Qualify

Qualification

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

View PostXtrm, on 23 November 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:

Do Diamond bolts still have their enchanted ability?

Yes they do, but the special increases your max hit rather than increasing the damage you do, and 60 DPS more with the royal bolts is just a huge difference.

Posted Image

#20 James Jimi

James Jimi

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

Despite the #s, pernix on pernix, 1 with zbow, me with dual ccb, zbow far outhit me with just basics so there is definitely more into dps then just a little math.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: