• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Scoobyninja

Scoobyninja

Roaming Runner

• RS Name:Scoobyninja
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:24 AM

Along with the Ranged skill, the Evolution of Combat has also improved and rebalanced how Magic fits into the combat triangle.

Many potential mages have often been put off by the competitive advantages melee players enjoyed, but since the EoC launch, they stand on a level footing.

This video from SilentCore’s channel takes a detailed look at how mages might want to set themselves up:

The RuneScape Team

Discuss this here.

Posted Image

#2 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

People should really talk about Void being the best set in game now. I don't see much of a difference when using a Magic Set like Ganodermic/Ahrims, but I see a huge difference in hits when using Void. It might be just me because I'm narrowing my testing and research to the Barrow Brothers, but it definitely seems the case there.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#3 Sir Sparhawk

Sir Sparhawk

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

View PostMilktea4me, on 22 November 2012 - 10:57 AM, said:

People should really talk about Void being the best set in game now. I don't see much of a difference when using a Magic Set like Ganodermic/Ahrims, but I see a huge difference in hits when using Void. It might be just me because I'm narrowing my testing and research to the Barrow Brothers, but it definitely seems the case there.

Oh wow, I expected void to be shocking now what with the low requirements and how everything else seems to be gearded towards being level appropriate; might be worth getting it back then as it's probably the easiset hybrid gear for things like barrows to swap for different brothers.

View Post[J]osh, on 08 November 2010 - 04:03 AM, said:

You wouldnt call water with a dash of orange pure water cos it only has a little orange in it... would you?

#4 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

View Postsparhawk127, on 22 November 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

Oh wow, I expected void to be shocking now what with the low requirements and how everything else seems to be gearded towards being level appropriate; might be worth getting it back then as it's probably the easiset hybrid gear for things like barrows to swap for different brothers.
Indeed it is. In conjunction with Ancient Spells and Abilities  Barrows is much easier now despite them hitting a bit more than they use to. If you focus down on every second, each Melee Brother should only take ~15 seconds whereas when i used Ganodermic, it took around ~20 seconds. The downside to Void is that the Defense is quite lacking so unless you have Vamprism/Blood Barrage or Soul Split, you might want to stick to Ganodermic for camping kills.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#5 The Major

The Major

Friends, let's bring them Hell.

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

Void Magic still uses your Magic level as the basis for determining accuracy, if I'm not mistaken.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: