• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 Jay

Jay

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:18 AM

Solomon’s General Store

Greetings, adventurer!

Following the grand release of Evolution of Combat, I have the perfect complement now in store: Brutal Weapons!

Indeed, a single glance at any weapon in this new collection of overrides confirms their brutal nature. Littered with razor-sharp spikes to deal tremendous levels of pain to whomever should get in your way, they are the supreme addition for the dual wielding adventurer, or any aficionado of one-handed weaponry.

Why not have a crack of the Brutal Whip? Its rusty spikes are designed solely with the intention of delivering the most vicious of lashes. Likewise, the Brutal Longsword is hefty, rusting, and capable of incredibly swift yet painful kills.

In addition to whips and longswords, I have crossbows, claws, clubs and rapiers available right now from my store. Do you have any queries regarding my distinguished boutique? I’m confident you’ll find an answer in the comprehensive FAQ, found here.

If you’ve yet to visit my establishment, why not drop in and receive 200 RuneCoins absolutely free? Remember that if you wish to purchase additional RuneCoins, you can do so here or by clicking ‘Buy RuneCoins’ inside my store. Don’t forget that I offer a 10% discount to all members.

Until next time.

Solomon – Proprietor
Solomon’s General Store

Discuss this here.

Squeal of Fortune

Now that the Evolution of Combat has been unleashed, defensive tactics have more influence on the battlefield than ever before. With this in mind, Yelps is here to help!

Between Friday and Monday, skill-specific lamps for Defense, Prayer and Constitution won on the Squeal of Fortune yield triple XP! What’s more, generic non-skill-specific lamps will also give out triple XP when used to level up the same skills!

If you’re looking to attain more vital life points by raising your Constitution, pray your way to some useful combat effects, or simply boost your basic Defence level, then you’ll want to spin at every opportunity this weekend!

You can get your hands on all this extra defensive XP between Friday, November 23rd at 00:00 GMT and Monday, November 26th 2012 at 23:59 GMT.

You can purchase spins here, or by clicking 'Add Spins' next to the wheel in Squeal of Fortune. You can also check out our Squeal of Fortune wiki for info on ways of getting extra spins.

The RuneScape Team

Discuss this here.

"Your tenacity is admirable, but pointless."

Posted Image

#2 Aceman

Aceman

The King

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

Triple xp in defensive.... god damnit I'm well over 20m xp -,- that is useless to me!

This brutal weapons thing confuses me though. Are these weapons going to be as good, better or worse than the ones we have now? And if they're better isn't is basically real world trading (paying to get runecoins) in order to get an advantage?

#3 *Tom*

*Tom*

Expect to win.

• RS Name:BornSkulled
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:24 AM

The Brutal Weapons are purely cosmetic. And as with pretty much all of my posts on their news updates I must include this...again.

Squeel of Fortune update when the EoC has so many bugs and glitches, still not surprised.

Tooheyy @SwiftIRC

Posted Image

>> Zybez Content Team << - >>Zchat Moderator<< - >> Zybez20 Team <<

Posted Image

#4 Jay

Jay

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

View PostAceman, on 22 November 2012 - 07:21 AM, said:

This brutal weapons thing confuses me though. Are these weapons going to be as good, better or worse than the ones we have now? And if they're better isn't is basically real world trading (paying to get runecoins) in order to get an advantage?

They're just cosmetic re-skins. I bought the longsword reskins for my CLS and they look decent.

Posted Image

"Your tenacity is admirable, but pointless."

Posted Image

#5 Aceman

Aceman

The King

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:29 AM

View PostJay, on 22 November 2012 - 07:26 AM, said:

They're just cosmetic re-skins. I bought the longsword reskins for my CLS and they look decent.

http://i.imm.io/Mx9f.png...
ooooo okay, they sounded like they were significant improvements :P

#6 Sir Sparhawk

Sir Sparhawk

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

Player logic:
Jagex releases a small (largely cosmetic) update from an entirely different team to the rest of the game after what is arguably the biggest update ever, still complain about all the time wasted making the small update.

Edited by sparhawk127, 22 November 2012 - 08:51 AM.

View Post[J]osh, on 08 November 2010 - 04:03 AM, said:

You wouldnt call water with a dash of orange pure water cos it only has a little orange in it... would you?

#7 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• RS Name:Elysian Duck

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:04 AM

Even though it may be a small team working of the fabulous Spendomon/SquealofRWT updates, it is darn annoying to see multiple news posts every week. Heck, just look at the recent pages of the RS news.

View PostRashy, on 03 November 2010 - 09:25 AM, said:

The duck is Justin Bieber in disguise. He's spying on us. Ban now!

Posted Image

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#8 Derp

Derp

hurr durr

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

View PostThe duck, on 22 November 2012 - 09:04 AM, said:

Even though it may be a small team working of the fabulous Spendomon/SquealofRWT updates, it is darn annoying to see multiple news posts every week. Heck, just look at the recent pages of the RS news.

Pretty much summed up what I think, your sig pic's awesome aswell.

-Sprinted; 99 Slayer; 17th July 2012; 130 Combat; Only other 99 being craft

#9 cave

cave

never forget , never forgive.

• RS Name:cave of doom
  • Clan:0.0

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

View PostDerp, on 22 November 2012 - 09:51 AM, said:

oppa pokemon style :XD:

Posted Image

Retired as of 11/20/2012

"History reminds us that revolutions are not events, so much that they’re processes – that for tens of thousands of years, people have been making decisions that irrevocably shaped the world that we live in today; just as today, we are making subtle, irrevocable decisions that people of the future will remember as revolutions.”- John Green

Spoiler

#10 Derp

Derp

hurr durr

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

View Postcave, on 22 November 2012 - 10:01 AM, said:

Sorry but I hate anything related to that 'gangnam' thing or however it's spelt. :(

#11 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

They actually look pretty good. Don't like the fact that they're on the main page for updates, but I might have to delve into them if they continue to make some decent cosmetic items.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#12 Derp

Derp

hurr durr

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

View PostMilktea4me, on 22 November 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

They actually look pretty good. Don't like the fact that they're on the main page for updates, but I might have to delve into them if they continue to make some decent cosmetic items.

They don't look bad but I don't think it's worth giving jagex/IVP more money for cosmetic stuff milk (just my opinion). :p

Heard a while ago jagex mentioned something about adding the SoF/Solomans stuff to the SoF/Solomans pages when you click on the buttons but I can't remember exactly where I remember hearing that.

#13 cave

cave

never forget , never forgive.

• RS Name:cave of doom
  • Clan:0.0

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

View PostDerp, on 22 November 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

View Postcave, on 22 November 2012 - 10:01 AM, said:

Sorry but I hate anything related to that 'gangnam' thing or however it's spelt. :(
why ,its such a happy music :suspect:

Posted Image

Retired as of 11/20/2012

"History reminds us that revolutions are not events, so much that they’re processes – that for tens of thousands of years, people have been making decisions that irrevocably shaped the world that we live in today; just as today, we are making subtle, irrevocable decisions that people of the future will remember as revolutions.”- John Green

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: