Evolution Of Combat: Slayer & Prayer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 Murdoc

Murdoc

D-FENS

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

The impact of Evolution of Combat on Slayer and Prayer has been the cause of much discussion among the community. During the beta, many players commented that Prayer was underpowered and that Slayer was now too intensive with the new ability system. To remedy this, we are increasing the buffs that Prayer offers for the EoC launch, and a couple of months ago we unveiled the Momentum ability to aid players with lengthy, low-intensity combat.

This video from A Friend’s channel covers Prayer and Slayer (along with combat in general) in the EoC.

The RuneScape Team

Discuss this here.

Posted Image
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#2 Velits

Velits

Awesome~!

• RS Name:Velits
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:less
  • Team:Awesome

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

That steel titan slaying looks pretty mad honestly. Glad I have acces to once since it seems to make Slayer a whole lot faster with everything being multi now. I can't really say if everything being multicombat area is a good thing but the time will learn.

#3 brian01001

brian01001

Impossible is Nothing

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

Thanks for the update!
Hate it Posted Image or love it Posted Image, I'm still #1.
Posted Image

Posted Image lmfao XD

We make our own monsters and they come back to haunt us.

《〠_〠》......here lies some suspicious link that you know deep down you want to click on.......

#4 *Tom*

*Tom*

Expect to win.

• RS Name:BornSkulled
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

Hmm, definitely liking the overall revamp of these 2 skills.

Tooheyy @SwiftIRC

Posted Image

>> Zybez Content Team << - >>Zchat Moderator<< - >> Zybez20 Team <<

Posted Image

#5 Da Bazz

Da Bazz

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

Doesn't look to bad...

Elite Member of Solace
Council of Supreme 3gypt
Advisor of Team Morphic
Ending Member of Team TKO Blitz

Member of Team Angelz Vengeance

Member of Team Trinity

The only 2 awards I could save after switching forums 500 times and losing loads of data.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Elder Jr

Elder Jr

Zybaholic

• RS Name:Elder Jr
  • Clan:Ronin

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

Steel Titans damage combo is insane. Time to level some slayer. :XD:

Posted Image

#7 Dr Destiny

Dr Destiny

Canadian Pride

• RS Name:Dr Destinyy
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

View PostElder Jr, on 19 November 2012 - 06:39 PM, said:

Steel Titans damage combo is insane. Time to level some slayer. :XD:

#8 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

So they're revamping Prayers once the EoC is launched, huh? I wonder if they're just buffing them up in terms of combat boost or the protection prayers as well.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#9 Clyde_Frog

Clyde_Frog

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

definitely dissapprove of this update. I've played this game since 2006 and in my first glimpse this game  was so unique and it got me hooked. They continuously put out new and better updates for me and my friends. I remember the introduction of construction and farming, and how I would just rake weeds to get experience. I remember cutting willow logs in draynor, falador park in world 2, castle wars and the decorative armour i would get if a rich person would ever give me a ring of dueling, which i didnt know how to obtain or venture anywhere. I remember promising my friend an adamant longsword for his birthday, from the sword dealer in varrokk and i didnt have the money but he was amazed. We thought money was only obtained by killing goblins and the money they dropped in 5 coin intervals. I remember rune boots being the best, i remember the old dragon med helm, the dragon chain, and the intro of the dragon boots. Them and their bulky goodness. With all the amazing memories so many people have I think that there should be an option of playing this new WoW runescape game. I dont understand those who say runescape has been missing a significant change for years. Those of you who think so, should play WoW or LoL because those are games that are composed of the new style of combat being forced apon every runescape player. This new update is being called runescape and yet it is not. The beautiful thing about this game is how unique it was. How cool. It pains me now as i scroll down my friends list and remember how much good times ive had on it. :'( and now its ending. If i was looking for a different style of gameplay i would have already gone out and found it. I beared witness to some pretty crappy things in my time as a runescape player but this out does them all. So with a very sorrowful heart and very discomforting, as this game undoubtedly has had a very very deep impact on myself as aperson. Yet this game is no longer existing, Its being revamped and called the same name. I won't partake in the eoc update and will give my acc to my cousin who is a big fan of world of warcraft and i hope he'll enjoy my account (Maxed 138- except slayer, farming and hunter) I will not logg on again, but it deeply astounds me how such an update like this after passed as a suitable idea in the drawing room back at jagex headquarters. So with this i shall move on. All good things must come to an end, and runescape has been becoming less and less enjoyable for me in the past year. I suppose it was leading to this. But to all those on my friends list that i've spent countless hours, i will never get a chance to say goodbye, many have quit throughout the years. Some i will be able to say goodbyes to and yet the majority, will not logg on for some time or perhaps ever again. It makes me wonder where they are today and how their story has gone, but all i know is that this is mine, and its metamorphisis is finally complete and i must now let it go :(. Good-bye Runescape *Home-Depoh* 2006-Wildy & free trade removal. 2011-nov 20, 2012. I hope that you may all find your own personal happiness in this game with which ever path you choose to go down.

#10 Jaddy

Jaddy

Accomplished Agility Freak

• RS Name:Jaddy
  • Clan:Zybeznet
  • Team:Zchat

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:12 AM

^ nothing new there. It amazes me how some people think we didnt hear these storyies yet...

I played a few hours on the beta yesterday and i really liked it. I cant wait to play it in the real game.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Maxed: 6th of August 2012
2496:19th of October 2012
Completionist: 30th of October 2012
2595: 25th of September 2013

#11 Kettlechips4

Kettlechips4

• RS Name:hoohaa
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:uokm8
  • Team:GG

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:17 AM

It looks good how you can titan every task but at the same time, If slayer is so fast now alot more people will be slaying and kills can be stolen now etc.
E.g Abyssal demons in that dungeon might get packed pretty fast if they're all being killed with dual weapons + a titan they would be instakilled.
Could make slayer just as long as it is now.

#12 dTwizy

dTwizy

• RS Name:dTwizy
  • Clan:zchat

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:22 AM

View PostJaddy, on 20 November 2012 - 02:12 AM, said:

^ nothing new there. It amazes me how some people think we didnt hear these storyies yet...

I played a few hours on the beta yesterday and i really liked it. I cant wait to play it in the real game.
I prefer the old system, I'm not going to quit over EoC but I think it would have been better off if Jagex rolled this thing out gradually compared to all of a sudden having huge changes that change gameplay in one day. And yes they've got the beta but I'm talking about the live game, considering the live game is more appealing because progress actually counts (and isn't for nothing).

It reminds me of an experiment I saw where they get a frog and put it straight from cold water into hot water, and the things jumps out immediately. But when they put it in the cold water and gradually bring up the heat, it stays put. Replace the frog with players and the temperature with content and I think you have EoC :lol:

#13 Jaddy

Jaddy

Accomplished Agility Freak

• RS Name:Jaddy
  • Clan:Zybeznet
  • Team:Zchat

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:27 AM

View PostdTwizy, on 20 November 2012 - 02:22 AM, said:

I prefer the old system, I'm not going to quit over EoC but I think it would have been better off if Jagex rolled this thing out gradually compared to all of a sudden having huge changes that change gameplay in one day. And yes they've got the beta but I'm talking about the live game, considering the live game is more appealing because progress actually counts (and isn't for nothing).

It reminds me of an experiment I saw where they get a frog and put it straight from cold water into hot water, and the things jumps out immediately. But when they put it in the cold water and gradually bring up the heat, it stays put. Replace the frog with players and the temperature with content and I think you have EoC :lol:
I like your analogy with the frog, but i can see problems withgradually releasing the eoc. Take for example, the crucible. The targetting system was based on the eoc combat level. Now you can say that that is just jagex fault. But it is very hard to implement such a big update in steps without breakin everything

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Maxed: 6th of August 2012
2496:19th of October 2012
Completionist: 30th of October 2012
2595: 25th of September 2013

#14 dTwizy

dTwizy

• RS Name:dTwizy
  • Clan:zchat

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:37 AM

View PostJaddy, on 20 November 2012 - 02:27 AM, said:

View PostdTwizy, on 20 November 2012 - 02:22 AM, said:

I like your analogy with the frog, but i can see problems withgradually releasing the eoc. Take for example, the crucible. The targetting system was based on the eoc combat level. Now you can say that that is just jagex fault. But it is very hard to implement such a big update in steps without breakin everything
I haven't tried the crucible enough to know how it works, and there will be some things that will be difficult to release in sections because of dependencies, but I think overall it could have been possible, and most people probably wouldn't even have noticed

If it was me, I'd do (rough ordering):
- Ability bar first, but only for things people are familiar with like eating food, dropping items quickly - people would see that as a pure advantage
- Hp changes, including hp additions on armour - people may be a bit scared but it'd be like when they multiplied everything hp related by 10
- Armour stats
- Dual wielding
- Ability book + adrenaline
- Weakness changes
- Combat level changes
- Multi combat - a blow (I think), but released by itself with an explanation could go over smoothly

Edit: And prayer changes (with 100% vs 50% protection) in there somewhere too

Edited by dTwizy, 20 November 2012 - 02:41 AM.

#15 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• RS Name:Elysian Duck

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:39 AM

Good thing I bought supplies for 92 prayer last week

View PostRashy, on 03 November 2010 - 09:25 AM, said:

The duck is Justin Bieber in disguise. He's spying on us. Ban now!

Posted Image

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#16 ¥ Leslie ¥

¥ Leslie ¥

Pipebomb

• RS Status:Inactive

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

Good video... can't figure out what accent was that though... :-O

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt