• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 Josh Hogg

Josh Hogg

Debenkey

• RS Name:Josh Hogg
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

As you all know, Evolution of Combat is being released tomorrow (20/11/2012). The update is expected to happen in the morning, based on GMT.

There will be a few checks occurring upon first log-in following the update and to prevent any issues, the following events will take place:
  • All poisoned items, like a dragon dagger p++, are converted into their un-poisoned versions, as poisoned weapons no longer exist
  • Spellboxes (a reward from Dungeoneering) are removed and the player refunded the Dungeoneering tokens they used to purchase them
  • Players are refunded any Dungeoneering tokens they spent to unlock the Dungeoneering versions of the Piety prayer, as they are now unlocked at the same time as the player gets Piety
  • Players Prayer Points are fully restored
  • All worn items are removed and placed in their backpack. If there is no room in their backpack, the items are sent to the bank.
  • All players (both free and members) get 15 extra bank spaces (to make sure they have room to hold the items un-equipped)
  • Players are given off-hand versions of any claw weapons they have. The claws they already have become the main-hand versions of the claws. If the player doesn't have any room for the new claws in their backpack and bank, they do not get the extra off-hand claws.
  • Players disease is cured, as disease has been removed from the game
  • Players PK skulls are removed, as they have been removed from the game
  • The player is teleported to a random one of the following locations:
    • Lumbridge
    • Varrock (East or West bank)
    • Edgeville
    • Draynor
    • Falador (East or West bank)
    • Al Kharid
    • Grand Exchange
  • The player is given a one-off pop-up telling them combat has been released, that their items were un-equipped and that they have been teleported to a safe town
  • Recalculate task totals (due to combat-related tasks being affected)

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Damage Inc.
August '09 MotM

Rejuvenation
June '10 MotM

#2 brian01001

brian01001

Impossible is Nothing

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

Thanks for the update! =)
Hate it Posted Image or love it Posted Image, I'm still #1.
Posted Image

Posted Image lmfao XD

We make our own monsters and they come back to haunt us.

《〠_〠》......here lies some suspicious link that you know deep down you want to click on.......

#3 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

That recalculated task is somewhat unclear, but the rest sounds good.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#4 The Corf

The Corf

The Corf has been doubled

• RS Name:The Corf

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

i don't get the whole thing with the claws, update seems fair enough, i will have to wait till tomorrow to see how it all is and whether or not i will actually continue, i most likely will since i would get used to it anyway xD

If people were rain, i was drizzle and she was hurricane
Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Azunyan!

#5 *Tom*

*Tom*

Expect to win.

• RS Name:BornSkulled

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

Hmm sounds good

Tooheyy @SwiftIRC

Posted Image

>> Zybez Content Team << - >>Zchat Moderator<< - >> Zybez20 Team <<

Posted Image

#6 Aceman

Aceman

The King

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

Skulls removed from the game... what... something that has been around since well before I even started in 04 is going away, this makes me sad.

#7 RobeIink.

RobeIink.

E Pluribus Unum.

• RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Hell Army

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

Skulls removed? the stink...

Thanks for the topic btw :)

Posted Image

Spoiler

#8 Lieutenant Dan

Lieutenant Dan

Zybez's Unofficial Brony Representative

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

View PostRobeIink., on 19 November 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

Skulls removed? the stink...
Thanks for the topic btw :)
As I understand it, in the Wilderness you will be marked as always skulled (you'll drop everything no matter what).

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#9 Murdoc

Murdoc

D-FENS

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

Sad to see poison go. Is it now inflicted via some fancy move? Can't remember off the top of my head.

Posted Image[/url]
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#10 Gohankuten

Gohankuten

Master of all Wills & Quests

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

View PostMurdoc, on 19 November 2012 - 03:22 PM, said:

Sad to see poison go. Is it now inflicted via some fancy move? Can't remember off the top of my head.
You now have to drink poison potion to give every attakc chance to poison.  All jagex did was remove perma poison on weapons.

Thanks to Arno for the +1
Thanks to Teelex for the +2
954th Person To 99 Hunter
Master of all Wills and Quests
Posted Image

#11 Murdoc

Murdoc

D-FENS

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

View PostGohankuten, on 19 November 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

You now have to drink poison potion to give every attakc chance to poison.  All jagex did was remove perma poison on weapons.
Hmm...sounds a bit impractical to be honest... I'll give it a whirl with the lads when it comes out to see if we reckon it's worth it anyway, though.

Posted Image[/url]
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#12 Gohankuten

Gohankuten

Master of all Wills & Quests

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

View PostMurdoc, on 19 November 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

View PostGohankuten, on 19 November 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

Hmm...sounds a bit impractical to be honest... I'll give it a whirl with the lads when it comes out to see if we reckon it's worth it anyway, though.
Basically it gives wep poison potions a use now instead of being junk since only needed once to poison a weapon forever lol.

Thanks to Arno for the +1
Thanks to Teelex for the +2
954th Person To 99 Hunter
Master of all Wills and Quests
Posted Image

#13 Murdoc

Murdoc

D-FENS

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

View PostGohankuten, on 19 November 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

Basically it gives wep poison potions a use now instead of being junk since only needed once to poison a weapon forever lol.
Yeah I always thought that was a tad stupid to be honest, haha. They should've worn off after like 500 hits or something. Took long enough for Jagex to make a move. :lol:

Posted Image[/url]

#14 Dr Destiny

Dr Destiny

Canadian Pride

• RS Name:Dr Destinyy
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

Ty for the update.

#15 George

George
  • RS Name:Gkef
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

These seem like logical updates given the scale of the upcoming update. Hopefully elements of skulling & poison will be maintained in some capacity, as they have nostalgic elements to them that I don't feel can be replaced. I am, however, very happy to see disease being taken out of the game, as I've considered it to be one of the most pointless concepts in the game ever since its release.

#16 Ankit

Ankit

You're looking at greatness.

• RS Name:Ankit
  • Clan:Solace

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

On a more important note, Blue D'hide is now f2p.

Proud Solace Legendary Member
June 12, 2010 - February 14, 2013

#17 Astraeus

Astraeus

Like Godzilla when I come, damage here when I'm done

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:28 AM

Looking forward to trying it out. :)

Posted Image

The Gladiatorz, 12 years of awesomeness!
Gladz Forums  

Feel free to drop in on our fc "Gladz Chat"

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: