Jump to content


Evolution Of Combat: Melee


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin♫

Kevin♫

    Lead the charge

  • Posts:9,408
  • Joined:21-January 07
  • RS Name:Killerred005
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

Melee is currently the most popular combat style in RuneScape and there’s been a great deal of discussion as to how the upcoming changes will affect melee players.

This video from IceGiant99’s channel looks into how meleers can get the most out of the new system, including the action bar and abilities:



The RuneScape Team

Discuss this here.

Posted Image
Global Moderator | Recruiting Leader | AoTM Staff | General Discussion Staff

Posted Image


#2 Chryzoprase

Chryzoprase

    Capital, Old Chap.

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

Not to jump on the bandwagon, but it's extremely disappointing to see Jagex resort to actually paying video makers to release a guide on the EoC. Videos should've been made by people that have a genuine passion for the EoC; not simply for monetary gain.

Still, that isn't the topic at hand here. Melee has been dethroned by Mage as the dominant style in the majority of cases, but I'm still interested to see how and where the other 2 combat styles should be applied. Would've been nice if they had perhaps picked someone more familiar with the EoC to give a more technical look on it rather than a basic overview - I'm sure most of us know the general principles of it all by now, most of us are looking more towards the fine print of it all.

Roll on Tuesday, I suppose. We'll see how it goes.

Posted Image
If the enemy is within firing range, then so are you.
Posted Image


#3 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

    I aim to please!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

I'm kinda tired of seeing these kind of videos. People should really be making some key Action Bar setups rather than explaining each abilities and what they do.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image


#4 Wats Ronskep

Wats Ronskep

    Member

  • Posts:1,122
  • Joined:16-May 07
  • RS Name:Wats Ronskep
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

View PostChryzoprase, on 18 November 2012 - 09:54 AM, said:

but it's extremely disappointing to see Jagex resort to actually paying video makers to release a guide on the EoC. Videos should've been made by people that have a genuine passion for the EoC; not simply for monetary gain.
I keep seeing people say Jagex is paying video makers to "praise" the EoC. Where is the proof of this?

Posted Image


#5 Jay

Jay

    {◕ ◡ ◕}

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

View PostIgnite It, on 18 November 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

I keep seeing people say Jagex is paying video makers to "praise" the EoC. Where is the proof of this?

I don't know if it's 100% true, but here's the video I've seen floating around;



"Your tenacity is admirable, but pointless."

Posted Image

♥ Community Leader of Guides & Tips - Pm me with all issues


#6 Lemon bonbons

Lemon bonbons

    Member

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

View PostMilktea4me, on 18 November 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:

I'm kinda tired of seeing these kind of videos. People should really be making some key Action Bar setups rather than explaining each abilities and what they do.

Agreed. To be honest I have yet to see an actual guide on how to use the interfaces properly. For example, how many people here have heard of a well hidden "Customise modifier key"?

Posted Image  Posted Image


こんにちは皆さん、レモンボンボンです。日本語が好きだけど、下手です。それで終わります。よろしくお願いします。


#7 GuiltySpark

GuiltySpark

    Monitor

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

I don't understand what the big deal is about Jagex paying players make the videos instead. They probably realize anything that they post will receive lots of flak from the community regardless of topic, simply because of their reputation. It's probably cheaper to pay the players to make it instead of diverting their own company's time and resources to make a video that would frankly be substandard.

Edited by GuiltySpark, 18 November 2012 - 03:31 PM.

-Guilty Spark

Posted Image

Posted Image


#8 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

    I aim to please!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

View PostLemon bonbons, on 18 November 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

Agreed. To be honest I have yet to see an actual guide on how to use the interfaces properly. For example, how many people here have heard of a well hidden "Customise modifier key"?
We here on Zybez will be making some as well as some other setups for casual players, hardcore players, PvP players and so on once the EoC is live, but I'd like to see some input from the more known Runescape Youtubers.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image


#9 Jay

Jay

    {◕ ◡ ◕}

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

View PostLemon bonbons, on 18 November 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

View PostMilktea4me, on 18 November 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:

I'm kinda tired of seeing these kind of videos. People should really be making some key Action Bar setups rather than explaining each abilities and what they do.

Agreed. To be honest I have yet to see an actual guide on how to use the interfaces properly. For example, how many people here have heard of a well hidden "Customise modifier key"?

Teehee, I have.. Since i...explained it to you. :wub:


"Your tenacity is admirable, but pointless."

Posted Image

♥ Community Leader of Guides & Tips - Pm me with all issues


#10 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

    I aim to please!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

View PostJay, on 18 November 2012 - 04:26 PM, said:

Teehee, I have.. Since i...explained it to you. :wub:
Honestly, I'd be surprised who didn't figure that out playing it for at least ~30 minutes of the Combat Beta. I usually have my keys setup around 1234 and QWER for quick access and close proximity to utilize all keys. Keep in mind, it all changes due to people's play style or a player's hand size like the OP's video. I can see this being a tip in the future, but it all comes down to player preference.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image


#11 Soulless

Soulless

    The guy whose name no one can remember

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

View PostJay, on 18 November 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

View PostIgnite It, on 18 November 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

I keep seeing people say Jagex is paying video makers to "praise" the EoC. Where is the proof of this?

I don't know if it's 100% true, but here's the video I've seen floating around;




"Where is the proof of this?"

We're still waiting... All I see is a video of someone named "lucker" asking "simon" if he was paid by Jagex to make EoC videos... Nothing is really said at all :huh:
Also, am I the only one that remembers the video contest jagex advertised on the Runescape forums for someone to make an EoC guide video? :whistle:



Really though, give it a rest, you guys just look like paranoid kids :rolleyes:

Edited by Soulless, 19 November 2012 - 09:46 AM.

Class > Swag

#12 W13

W13
  • Posts:20,005
  • Joined:27-February 01
  • RS Name:W13
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

Frankly, I don't care if Jagex pay people to make videos... what matters to me is if they try to conceal that fact or mislead the players in any way.  Also it doesn't help if the videos suck.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"Can't tan pon it long, naw eat no yam, no steam fish, nor no green banana" - Sean Paul




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana
 
Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt
 
Color: