Eoc: Upcoming Changes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 Jay

Jay

(ง •̀_•́)ง

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

Changes To EoC on Launch

When the Evolution of Combat launches next week, there will be a number of changes from the current beta based on your feedback since the last rebalance.

These are the most significant changes, and also the ones that have caused most discussion on the forums!

Combat Triangle

There has already been a significant amount of rebalancing done in the beta around this, but there has been consistent feedback that the triangle is too strictly enforced in certain instances, particularly around PvM. This means that - in certain cases - you have to carry three sets of kit.

Therefore we’ve significantly increased the hit chance for users in either the same or negative side of the triangle as a result. We will continue to monitor this after release, so please let us know your feedback next week.

Potions & Herblore

Following your feedback, these have been powered up and given a serious boost compared to the beta.

Prayer

As with potions, there’s been a lot of discussion around Prayer and how it now interacts with the combat triangle. There is a general consensus that it is currently underpowered in the beta; therefore, at launch, it will be significantly stronger than in the current beta version.

Equipped Items Interface

The star system in the Equipped Items Interface was intended to provide a clear indication of an item’s effectiveness, but has ended up causing more questions than answers. For release, this is going to be replaced by a numbered bar, which will be less ambiguous and easier to interpret.

Special Attacks

There are no special attacks in the EoC (they’ve essentially been replaced by abilities) but there has been consistent feedback from yourselves that you like the current special attacks and would like to retain them.

Firstly, in the current beta, God Swords now have passive effects that are similar to their special-attack counterparts.

The list of items and effects as follows. All have a 1/4 chance on hit to do the following:
  • Armadyl: Increases Attack and Strength stats.
  • Bandos: Decreases targets defence if they are above a certain base Defence level.
  • Saradomin: Heals some of your base life and prayer points.
  • Zamorak: Stuns your target.
  • Enchanted Excalibur (off-hand): Heals some base life points, which are boosted if the player has completed the elite tasks.
We are going to monitor how these work and potentially add similar passive effects to other items in the future, too.

The RuneScape Team

Discuss this here.

"Men have called me mad, but the question is not yet settled
whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence whether
all that is profound does not spring from disease of thought
from moods of mind exalted at the expense of general intellect"

#2 c0nv

c0nv

no flex zone

• RS Status:Free

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

Still not looking forward to it, I'm against the entire update

Edited by Conv, 12 November 2012 - 02:55 PM.

View Post»Beanie«, on 10 March 2014 - 08:52 AM, said:

DI is just that guy at a club who stands in a corner for hours to try and spot the drunkest girl to take advantage of but then gets kicked out by a bouncer

#3 Velits

Velits

Awesome~!

• RS Name:Velits
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:less
  • Team:Awesome

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

First time I read about Potions and Prayer being boosted in the BETA/EOC. That's good news because they really were underpowered in the BETA. Still gives people a good reason to get 95 Prayer and 96 Herblore.
As for passive attacks. I think, and hope, they should come up with passive attacks for every weapon that lost it's special attack. Stronger weapons obviously having a better passive ability than the weaker ones.
And that interface, good that it has changed.

#4 Romdath

Romdath

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

good to see they eased up on the enforcement of the triangle a bit.
still alot of changes compared to what we have now and will take time getting used to.

Posted Image

#5 Murdoc

Murdoc

D-FENS

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

Potions & Herblore

Following your feedback, these have been powered up and given a serious boost compared to the beta.

Prayer

As with potions, there’s been a lot of discussion around Prayer and how it now interacts with the combat triangle. There is a general consensus that it is currently underpowered in the beta; therefore, at launch, it will be significantly stronger than in the current beta version.
Herp-a-stinking-derp. Were they seriously expecting no-one to notice or care?

Posted Image
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#6 No1

No1

Disaster Control Ward

• RS Name:No1 1000
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Zybeznet

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

Good to see; these were all pretty meh.

SGS should be great now.
"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and
naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."

- Douglas Adams (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

#7 B.A. Baracus

B.A. Baracus

• RS Name:Buddy Rich
  • RS Status:Member
  • Team:Rocket

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostMurdoc, on 12 November 2012 - 03:42 PM, said:

Potions & Herblore

Prayer

Herp-a-stinking-derp. Were they seriously expecting no-one to notice or care?

I don't think they didn't expect anyone to notice or care, I think they thought potions/prayers were balanced properly until they heard player feedback, then changed it accordingly. Isn't that kind of the point of the beta?
Posted Image

#8 Zephyr Zephyr

Zephyr Zephyr

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

Prayer

Why dont they implement it now so we have time to test it. That is the point of a BETA after all, is it not?
Posted Image

Referral links are not allowed - Ramu  OK

#9 rudy

rudy

Super Senior Member

• RS Name:Kelso
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

Some nice changes. I'm not a fan of EoC now but I do look forward to future refinements and hopefully they'll spark my interest.

#10 commerce

commerce

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

Eoc is crap..tyvm :wink:

Edited by commerce, 12 November 2012 - 07:01 PM.

#11 GuiltySpark

GuiltySpark

Monitor

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:21 AM

Looks good, this will give me motivation to make some money to wrap up overloads.

-Guilty Spark

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 Murdoc

Murdoc

D-FENS

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:08 AM

View PostB.A. Baracus, on 12 November 2012 - 05:28 PM, said:

I don't think they didn't expect anyone to notice or care, I think they thought potions/prayers were balanced properly until they heard player feedback, then changed it accordingly. Isn't that kind of the point of the beta?
Yes I'm well aware of what 'they thought', the point was that it was a daft one. Overloads and Turmoil have been keystone features of RS2 since their respective releases, and considering the significant time and resources invested into getting them by a plethora of features - were we ever going to appreciate them getting nerfed? Like Zephyr said this u-turn has now just messed up other aspects of EoC testing, so I fail to understand why Jagex bothered in the first place.

Posted Image
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#13 His Lordship

His Lordship

Wildguard Founder

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:02 AM

These are all good improvements, but my overwhelming fear is the wilderness multi-combat toggle.
The EoC I don't mind so much overall.
Unlike so many others I embrace change.
However, despite several months of protesting, the wilderness toggle will be remaining in play.

Basically, the wilderness will only be multi-combat if you choose it to be.
And so, every single PKer will have it toggled to single to prevent clans from attacking them.
The end result: clans will never be able to attack smaller teams or solo PKers again.
We know from the last 18 months that clans cannot simply just fight each other... we rely on the food chain to make it all work. That food chain disappears next week.

This is the end of group PKing.

Everything about the EoC had me optimistic... cautious but optimistic.
I'm not one of the nostalgic people that can't let go of the old game.
Don't pigeonhole me into that category.

That Jagex would want to discourage certain types of players from interacting with other groups... the toggle is too prescriptive.
Clans are to only fight other clans.
Solo PKers are to only fight other solo PKers.
Why carve it up?

Now what you have is the Clan Wars arena and the Duel Arena stuck on the same plot of land.
Why would I even enter the wilderness then when my clan can just fight in the CWA?
The freedom of the wilderness was its greatest strength.
It's not wild any more. They tamed it with the toggle.

Such is the democracy of this update.
Two wolves and a sheep deciding what's for dinner.
PK clans become so insignificant that if we're wiped out, it really doesn't matter.

They fix this one thing, and I will consider the EoC a resounding success.
Posted Image
Click the image above to be taken to the Wilderness Guardians' forums.
I realise that the clans in this signature are fighting at the chaos elemental, but I didn't think about it when I was making it!

#14 Fitchfalcon

Fitchfalcon

*Country Girl*

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:07 AM

What I hate is that all last year and first half of this year Jagex was all about Pro Clans because they realized that took up a large base of their membership players. However, now with this update and tweaks they dont acknowledge that clan worlds feedbacks at all, which is going to cause them to go right back where they were with losing members losing clan world players, leaving them with their thumbs up their you know what then scrambling to fix it again.

I am def no fan of this EoC update.

Posted Image

#15 Vardarac

Vardarac

Game Grump

• RS Status:Free

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

Where is the fix to multi? Toggle is a horrible idea.

#16 Money

Money

420blazeit

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

i dont understand ags.
does it boost att and str for that hit? or does it become like a mini potion thing, and boosts your level for the next couple hits (and if this is a case, do these boosts stack infinitely....)?

sgs is going to be op

#17 LDK Magas Deivis

LDK Magas Deivis

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

Hopefully they won't screw up pking clans, because so far, it looks like they will.

Edited by LDK Magas Deivis, 14 November 2012 - 04:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: