Evolution Of Combat: One-Click Combat

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

#1 Jay

Jay

(ง •̀_•́)ง

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

After we announced the EoC back in June, many of you asked how you could continue using the current combat style for non-PvP content; particularly for longer Slayer assignments. It’s clear that many of you like the current system, and you challenged us to keep it in the game.

So, we did.

You’re able to keep using the traditional, low-intensity combat that has always been a part of RuneScape. Clicking on an enemy still initiates a repeated auto-attack, and the amount of damage this does can be multiplied for a 20-minute period by using the Momentum ability.

Momentum is an ultimate ability in the Defence/Constitution category, available to players of all levels, that can be activated when your adrenaline is fully charged. You can access this ability via the ability book that’s been incorporated into the 'magic' side stone on your interface.

You can also minimise the action bar at any time. This will free up valuable screen space, and will keep your chat window active by default, so you don't need to press enter each time you want to speak to your friends.

So what does this mean for you? Well, basically you get to pick and choose the features you want to use without being forced to do any of it. You can have all the cool new gear and other upgrades that the EoC brings, while still enjoying the game in the way you’re used to via the Momentum ability. It’s just one more click every 20 minutes or so!

Take a look at this video from Mod Mark for a demonstration of how to use Momentum, as well as details of some of the other cool features coming in the EoC.

The RuneScape Team

Discuss this here.

"Men have called me mad, but the question is not yet settled
whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence whether
all that is profound does not spring from disease of thought
from moods of mind exalted at the expense of general intellect"

#2 Dappa Don

Dappa Don

Jay

• RS Name:Dappa Don
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

I am looking forward to testing everything out before I make any decision on anything. It'll be here soon enough and will try it out from there.

Posted Image

#3 Jaybird

Jaybird

Captain Bird

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

Thats pretty cool

Posted Image   Posted ImagePosted Image

Forums | Memberlist | Clan Fights | Clan Videos

Posted Image

Images as a group must be no larger than 500 x 150 pixels - Yorick

#4 Faya_Ranger

Faya_Ranger

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

goin to kill clan world o well lets see what eoc will do

Edited by Faya_Ranger, 10 November 2012 - 09:35 AM.

Posted Image

#5 Amply

Amply

Filipino Pride

• RS Name:Amply
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

With this, it's probably worth a shot then, not considering the new gear/damage and such.

Posted Image
Glory lies beyond the horizon. Challenge it because it is unreachable.
PinoyReject Alliance Ending Leader
Legendz Ending Senior

#6 *Tom*

*Tom*

Expect to win.

• RS Name:BornSkulled

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:00 AM

Definitely happy that they decided to implement this.

Tooheyy @SwiftIRC

Posted Image

>> Zybez Content Team << - >>Zchat Moderator<< - >> Zybez20 Team <<

Posted Image

#7 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

Certainly made me more interested in the EoC. I can already tell there's gonna be a lot of research needed to get the Action Bar just right for PvM and I hope that hybridding is not as difficult as it looks.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#8 Derp

Derp

hurr durr

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

Honestly, I still wish jagex had seperate servers & kept some servers for the current cbt. I'm unsure why they don't want to do this though.

-Sprinted; 99 Slayer; 17th July 2012; 130 Combat; Only other 99 being craft

#9 Rashy

Rashy

• RS Name:Rashdan

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

Personally, I think that instead of modifying EoC to suit the long slayer tasks (easy way out), they should re-work the slayer skill into something a lot more challenging and less repetitive. Slayer challenges were a nice touch, but I think they should become the primary slayer mechanic with a much wider range of challenges.

Lauren's partner in crime forever ♥
You don't really learn to appreciate the things you have until it's gone.

#10 Magick

Magick

outrageous

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

Lol, we [clans] never complained about the XP rates. It is still too irritating to war with new stuff. I guess they will please some people with this, though.

Edited by Magick, 10 November 2012 - 11:21 AM.

Posted Image

#11 sev1627

sev1627

• RS Name:Royal EX
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

I'm sure it's still better to use more abilities. I never had a problem with EoC though so doesn't really affect me.

Posted Image

#12 WMD

WMD

• RS Name:WMD

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

A step in the right direction I guess, but still too far away from current/Older RS.

Either way, weapon specific special attacks SHOULD remain.

LOL :D - Post on RSoF aimed at "new players defending EoC"

"People like you anger me so much.
By the looks of things, you've probably been around here on this game for a year or so tops, yet you think you have the right to tell people like myself and others, who have been here from the start, experienced things you NEVER will, and brought this game up to where it is now, to shut up and keep our promise of quiting because we're unhappy with the way OUR game we've spent YEARS and hundreds of pounds on is going?

Get the hell out of here, along with the rest of you lot and come back when you have experience to talk over. Jerk.

Really sick to death of all you new school idiots who don't even have a clue what they're talking about, who think they have the right to try and bury the veterans who brought this game up.

You all have this attitude that, we the ones against the EoC are the bad ones, when infact, by reading through hundreds of pages, the ones who are FOR EoC, are the quickest to try and insult others who aren't, and throw out their irrelevant, patronising CRAP.

You DON'T know this game, and you DON'T know about the experiences others have had from the START, to see it all be thrown away. So yes, some of us are a little angry, and we have a damn good reason to be, and the last thing we want is people like you telling us to get lost and obey Jagex.

Sorry, my fellow player.

But if you visit my profile, you will see every post i've made towards EoC, has been well constructed, listing my opinions, ideas & also feedback, which in return, have received direct replies from Jagex Mods.

So no, I'm in no "camp", I'm in the group of mature adult players, against EoC, who are sick of judgemental, patronising fools like yourself, trying to shove your OWN thoughts down our throats.

Thanks."

Edited by WMD, 10 November 2012 - 12:53 PM.

104 Combat - 99 Hitpoints - 99 Range

#13 Ninjasteak

Ninjasteak

No mountain is too high, no river is too deep.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

Didn't we know about momentum before this official post?
It's similar to the old combat system, but you still have to charge up your adrenaline before activating this effect.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image   

Achievements & Questions CL Zchat Sergeant Zybeznet Clan Co-leader

...and forever remembered as the 98 prodigy

Posted ImageNot all those who wander are lost.

#14 Romal

Romal

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

View PostWMD, on 10 November 2012 - 12:30 PM, said:

A step in the right direction I guess, but still too far away from current/Older RS.

By the looks of things, you've probably been around here on this game for a year or so tops, yet you think you have the right to tell people like myself and others, who have been here from the start, experienced things you NEVER will, and brought this game up to where it is now, to shut up and keep our promise of quiting because we're unhappy with the way OUR game we've spent YEARS and hundreds of pounds on is going?

Get the hell out of here, along with the rest of you lot and come back when you have experience to talk over. Jerk.

Really sick to death of all you new school idiots who don't even have a clue what they're talking about, who think they have the right to try and bury the veterans who brought this game up.

You all have this attitude that, we the ones against the EoC are the bad ones, when infact, by reading through hundreds of pages, the ones who are FOR EoC, are the quickest to try and insult others who aren't, and throw out their irrelevant, patronising CRAP.

You DON'T know this game, and you DON'T know about the experiences others have had from the START, to see it all be thrown away. So yes, some of us are a little angry, and we have a damn good reason to be, and the last thing we want is people like you telling us to get lost and obey Jagex.

Sorry, my fellow player.

But if you visit my profile, you will see every post i've made towards EoC, has been well constructed, listing my opinions, ideas & also feedback, which in return, have received direct replies from Jagex Mods.

So no, I'm in no "camp", I'm in the group of mature adult players, against EoC, who are sick of judgemental, patronising fools like yourself, trying to shove your OWN thoughts down our throats.

Thanks."

Does the poster not realize that the flaws he's attacking the "new-school" players for are the very same flaws he's exhibiting himself.
All I took from that was "HURR DURRR I'M MATURE YOU'RE NOT".
I'm back.

#15 Kevin♫

Kevin♫

You were gravely mistaken

• RS Name:King Bradley
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

Guess it is a bit of a compromise. Still not a fan of the new system though.

Also, saw concept art for the dragon crossbow in the video.

Posted Image
"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
- Sun Tzu (Art of War)

#16 commerce

commerce

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

Seems pretty cool..so worth giving a try ;-)

#17 Dakk.

Dakk.

/dyel/

• RS Name:JoJoJoestar
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:52 AM

It was increased to 20 minutes? Nice, looks like I'll get 200m slayer with no problems then :$

View PostWMD, on 10 November 2012 - 12:30 PM, said:

Sorry, my fellow player.

Thanks."
"herp derp you're a new*** im an OLD*** gtfo rs it belongs to the vets hurr durr"
Posted Image

#18 Voaz

Voaz

Since 2004.

• RS Name:Voaz

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:24 AM

This makes me able to drop a full invy of fishes for example by spamming the F1 button or anything similar to that?
Awesome, and the AFK combat ( Monumentum thing ) is good for me.
I don't mind this update being implented, altough I'm a little dissapointed by not having any special attacks.
Don't you ever wonder, how we survive?

#19 Andy The Ace

Andy The Ace

• RS Name:Andycake
  • Team:Zchat

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:33 AM

Is it really necessary to have this as an ultimate ability with a time limit (rather than something like the single/multi wilderness thing)? It just seems like an extra annoyance that isn't really necessary (but with that said, there's probably a lot of things that can be described the same way). If someone wants to train combat in a relaxed way, they will do it that way; putting a small adrenaline requirement and time limit on it won't stop them/persuade them to use abilities...

I hope there is some form of notification when it runs out, I haven't tested it myself to check.
Posted Image
75+ 13th January, 2011 ** 80+ 14th July, 2011 ** 85+ 31st December, 2011 ** 90+ 1st September, 2012 ** 95+ 12th February, 2013
Quest cape - November 2008 ** Taskmaster - 3rd July, 2012 ** Maxed - 31st May, 2013

#20 Saxton Hale

Saxton Hale

• RS Name:Saxton Hale

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

Eh Momentum kind of proves my opinion that the EOC merely makes the outdated dull combat system of Runescape require more effort then it should. To get anywhere in EOC we have to continue playing with this dull system yet be forced to actually pay attention due to the need to use the new abilities. Thus they've added momentum to combat that which makes abilities seem worthless as it kind of shows that combat is still the same, they are just slapping on these abilities to make it seem like there is more to the game then there really is.

This game needs more hats.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: