Behind The Scenes Video 26: Solo Dungeoneering

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Murdoc

Murdoc

D-FENS

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

Welcome to another edition of Behind the Scenes. This week, we talk to Mod Chris L about why it’s great to solo dungeons in Daemonheim, and we catch up with Mod Liono, who explains what will be happening with your Graves should you receive the message 'Oh dear, you are dead'!

All this and more coming to RuneScape soon!

If you'd like to discuss this week's Behind The Scenes video, we'd love to hear from you!

Mod Jane

Discuss this here.

Posted Image[/url]
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#2 Xtrm

Xtrm

(ง •̀_•́)ง

• RS Name:Xtrm
  • RS Status:Inactive
  • Team:Sad Unit

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

I'm glad to see fixes to Dungeoneering and graves. I can finally train Dungeoneering without worrying about being yelled at for not being "efficient". (I like to fish, sue me!) The graves are a great fix, they've been annoying for so long. The problem I can see is that the interface looks like trying to get something out of a Pack yak, if you're in combat and you're trying to get something out of your grave, good luck!

Posted Image

#3 Dappa Don

Dappa Don

Jay

• RS Name:Dappa Don
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:54 PM

Lovely little tweaks to the grave stones. I love it! As for Dung, I find it too easy as it is let alone being able to solo as much EXP's as I would normally get.

~Dappa

Posted Image

#4 ~ Darky ~

~ Darky ~

• RS Name:XsDarknesssX

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

Its a real kick in the balls for people that just sucked it up and powered through dung.  Sure its something that was needed, but Dung came out almost 3 years ago, we should have had this 3 years ago.

Reminds me of the effigies nerf, changing something that has been around for so long, so drastically.

Completionist Cape Owner

#5 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

Wow, this is one of the best behind the scenes I've seen in a while. The gravestone update is a very much needed update that I've found a big problem in places like Glacors where I might misclick to random adventures through Chaos Tunnel. The solo Dungeoneering update seems a bit strange because it's such a drastic change like Darky said, but I have high hopes for both of these updates.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#6 Evil Crosby

Evil Crosby

Wosby

• RS Name:Wosby

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

tl;dr

if you can do a 2 large 5:5s in 1hr then theres no benefit doing the smalls.

not gonna affect me :(

#7 Tee 3

Tee 3

d00d!

• RS Name:Tee 3
  • RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:Zybeznet

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

Solo'd my way to 83 and have/had no desire to join a group or team. Now I can keep being a loner and still get my levels fast :-D

This should be great for that offhand CLS I need to get now.

Grave fix has been needed for a long time, thank goodness they're finally implementing it.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Zybez Blogs Team Member/Guides & Tips CL

Check out my Money-Making and Training for Pvm Guides!

#8 orch

orch
  • RS Name:Orchi
  • RS Status:Inactive
  • Clan:DGS
  • Team:07

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

From the limited numbers and adjusting the Jagex's mediocre dging skills, I'm predicting ~500k xp/hr with solo meds. Although, there's a good possibility that Jagex will stink up and make 4:4's better than 5:5's. EoC and 4:4 probably can push current xp/hr of 800k up to 900k-1.1m xp/hr

Posted Image

#9 Jaddy

Jaddy

Agility freak

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

View Post~ Darky ~, on 09 November 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

Its a real kick in the balls for people that just sucked it up and powered through dung.  Sure its something that was needed, but Dung came out almost 3 years ago, we should have had this 3 years ago.

Reminds me of the effigies nerf, changing something that has been around for so long, so drastically.
although it may seem like it is, if you listen well to what they say, if you can do sub30 larges, is worth doing those over the solo dging theyre gonna boost now.

View Postorch, on 09 November 2012 - 07:14 PM, said:

From the limited numbers and adjusting the Jagex's mediocre dging skills, I'm predicting ~500k xp/hr with solo meds.
if you look at the xp rewards they gave (and are still giving) when doing a dg challenge, which follows the best xp/h in that certain skill, id rather say theyre overestimating the current xp/hs. they were giving out 300k xp for barely 5 mins of work.

Edited by Jaddy, 10 November 2012 - 10:18 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Maxed: 6th of August 2012
2496:19th of October 2012
Completionist: 30th of October 2012
2595: 25th of September 2013

#10 sev1627

sev1627

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

Reallllllly like the update to graves that is coming. Dungeoneering is nice too since I normally on do dungeons with 1 friend.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: