Fire Cape, Kiln Cape, What?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Bieber sukcs

Bieber sukcs

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

So I have 4 death darts because i was a member for a few months or something and I want to use it on something. I was going to use one or two on getting fire cape but then it occoured to me, I have gotten up to jad like 9 times before easily and just died because i clicked on the wrong prayer. I want to try to do it legit without death darts, and then maybe use them on kiln cape. Can I do it at my level? Also eoc comes out in like a week so should I get fire cape and maybe kiln cape now or when eoc comes out?
Goals:
2000 total level without training combat, started 1487 total level, now @ 1805
Quest cape
5 99's by end of the year, currently @ 3

#2 B.A. Baracus

B.A. Baracus

• RS Name:Buddy Rich
  • RS Status:Member
  • Team:Rocket

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:07 AM

This belongs in Questions, and i'm sure a Mod will move it there shortly, but i'll answer your questions in the meantime. Can you do Jad/the Fight Kiln at your level? Absolutely. Level 1 Defence pures have done it, many of your level have done it too. As to if you should get your Fire/Kiln capes now or wait for EoC, it's your choice really. Try hopping on the Beta and trying Jad out, in my experience he's much easier in the Beta but it does require a bit more concentration and timing, so it might not be as easy for you. Good luck with whatever you decide to do :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#3 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

I don't see why not. Granted it takes a lot of practice, but after some more trial and errors, you'll get the hang of it. Fight Cave isn't too tough once you get past all the anxiety of fighting Jad. Learn his movements, don't jitter too much when swapping Prayers and make sure you lure him the right way.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#4 Cera S6

Cera S6

Violent Resolution Founder

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

It's possible at your level, just might be difficult.

Use your darts on Nex and hope for a good drop :-P What most people do.

Edited by Cera S6, 09 November 2012 - 12:12 AM.

Mike|Cera_S6 - Violent Resolution Founder
Posted Image
P2P Teams: Overwhelming Threat Member (06) | Infamous PKers Member (09) | Border Patrol Member (09) | Genocide Member (10) | Frozen Fury Warlord (11 - 13)
F2P Teams: Noobs Inc Member (06) | Team X Warlord (09) | Northern Kings Warlord (12) | Evolution Warlord (12) | Octane Member (12)
Clans: Fear Member (04) | THE Futures Member (05) | Awaken Officer (05/06) | Violent Resolution Founder (06 - Present)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Community Leader of General Discussion, Clan Discussion, Clan Fights & Events and United Nations - Feel free to PM me with any questions/concerns Posted Image
Posted Image | Posted Image

#5 Gohankuten

Gohankuten

Master of all Wills & Quests

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:27 AM

I would suggest taking advantage of the beta to practice on Jad.  First do fight cave to Jad or close and log out then switch over to beta and import save and practice Jad fast and easy as many times as you wnt without risk to get over nerves and get comfortable prayer switching on Jad.  It's what I did to get myself accustumed to prayer switching on Jad and it allowed me to get my kiln cape on my 3rd attempt(which was also my 1st attempt where I made it to HarArken).  As for your stats you can do it.  There is a really nice fight kiln guide that shows how to do it in bot gear without ovls, ss, or pack yak.  The biggest thing on kiln is knowing where to stand when and what to pray and what style to use.

As for your darts I would use them at Nex for the chance of getting a drop for cash.  Though possibly use 1 dart on QBD to clear her requirement for the comp cape so you don't have to worry bout it later.

Thanks to Arno for the +1
Thanks to Teelex for the +2
954th Person To 99 Hunter
Master of all Wills and Quests
Posted Image

#6 Jimb0b

Jimb0b

Lets Party

• RS Name:Jimb0b
  • Clan:LnL

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:28 AM

Jad is worth using a Dart over imo. I have heard Polypore armor you can tank him but it is an unconfirmed theory. Goodluck with whatever you try, the fight kiln there is a lot of waves of jadlike monsters but they can be safespotted.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. - Stephen Hawking

Posted Image

Check out my achievement thread where 'ugh' is an understatement..!

Here!

#7 Gohankuten

Gohankuten

Master of all Wills & Quests

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

View PostJimb0b, on 09 November 2012 - 04:28 AM, said:

Jad is worth using a Dart over imo. I have heard Polypore armor you can tank him but it is an unconfirmed theory. Goodluck with whatever you try, the fight kiln there is a lot of waves of jadlike monsters but they can be safespotted.
Unconfirmed is bs.  It has been confirmed numerous times that ifyo uwhere full gano on jad you only need to pray range.  Using a dart on Jad is just waste.

Thanks to Arno for the +1
Thanks to Teelex for the +2
954th Person To 99 Hunter
Master of all Wills and Quests
Posted Image

#8 Panicking

Panicking

Ex-Maxed out 35 Defence

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

Imo just use nex, you might get torva if you're lucky

Panicking

#9 Jimb0b

Jimb0b

Lets Party

• RS Name:Jimb0b
  • Clan:LnL

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

View PostGohankuten, on 09 November 2012 - 10:05 AM, said:

View PostJimb0b, on 09 November 2012 - 04:28 AM, said:

Unconfirmed is bs.  It has been confirmed numerous times that ifyo uwhere full gano on jad you only need to pray range.  Using a dart on Jad is just waste.
What I had meant by "unconfirmed" is I have only heard of it once and have not done it myself. >_>

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. - Stephen Hawking

Posted Image

Check out my achievement thread where 'ugh' is an understatement..!

Here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: