• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Nitromanic

Nitromanic

Pure F2P

• RS Name:Korean
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

If anyone knows Simon or RuneShark...one of the best known players in the RS community today, you might know he's been hacked, here is a video uploaded by James:

and the video of Md3w/Dew that you may also know from these forums showing a video of "Simon" supposdely scamming him for a Blue Partyhat:

James' comment on the 1st linked video:

Of course,
I have messaged the person who traded over the blue, but am yet to get no response.
Obviously he thought it was Simon despite the strange behavior. We will have to work something out cause ultimately he has lost a blue phat.
Md3w just posted this on the same video:

why cant u even contact me man? im devastated

The video Md3w uploaded was taken down but he re-uploaded it for some reason. What are your opinions? Discuss.

This isn't just about this one case, it's about Scamming on the whole! I personally hate scammers...but I wouldn't call this a scam as he voluntarily gave him the Party-hat, as well as the fact that it was not Simon on the account at the time.

Take this down if it's not ok to post this in GD or move it appropriately, thanks!

Edited by Nitromanic, 06 November 2012 - 06:28 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 minidivine

minidivine

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

Oh boy, my daily dose of runescape drama, thanks doc.

Edited by minidivine, 06 November 2012 - 01:47 PM.

Posted Image

View PostL2 b whipped, on 02 September 2011 - 11:13 AM, said:

but why would i take time to scout to find people when i could just go  to edge and fight right away that are around the same level as me.

Your generic edge hybrid.This is what pking has become now, I guess.

#3 Lucy Fer

Lucy Fer

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

Well that's life for you, whenever you play something online you run the risk getting 'hacked' he should have activated his JAG.In my eyes it's only sad for Simon he lost his acc, idc for the idiot that 'gave' his phat. Don't be an idiot and don't trust trade is the message.

Hope Simon gets his Acc back that's all i can say.

Posted Image

#4 Jaybird

Jaybird

Captain Bird

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

Md3w is loaded, its his fault for giving him the partyhat, i don't get it...

Posted Image   Posted ImagePosted Image

Forums | Memberlist | Clan Fights | Clan Videos

Posted Image

Images as a group must be no larger than 500 x 150 pixels - Yorick

#5 Murdoc

Murdoc

D-FENS

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

Couldn't stop laughing at how panicky James sounded. Anyway, going a bit OT - the only thing that caught my attention/seriously annoyed me about this was the fact he casually mentioned how if Simon wanted rares they could just "ask for donations and get enough for one". Call me prejudiced but that literally just sums up why I've come to detest a lot of the YouTube personalities in the game...

Gah. I'll stop myself now before going off on one.

View PostJaybird, on 06 November 2012 - 01:51 PM, said:

Eh. In fairness this guy did ultimately think he was handing it over to one of the most recognisable players in RuneScape for a bit(?). I know people should still be vigilant regardless of who's asking them for what, but seriously - it's not like some of us wouldn't be more pre-occupied about the fact they're hanging out in the first place haha.

Posted Image
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#6 Nitromanic

Nitromanic

Pure F2P

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

View PostMurdoc, on 06 November 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:

Couldn't stop laughing at how panicky James sounded. Anyway, going a bit OT - the only thing that caught my attention/seriously annoyed me about this was the fact he casually mentioned how if Simon wanted rares they could just "ask for donations and get enough for one". Call me prejudiced but that literally just sums up why I've come to detest a lot of the YouTube personalities in the game...

Gah. I'll stop myself now before going off on one.

View PostJaybird, on 06 November 2012 - 01:51 PM, said:

Eh. In fairness this guy did ultimately think he was handing it over to one of the most recognisable players in RuneScape for a bit(?). I know people should still be vigilant regardless of who's asking them for what, but seriously - it's not like some of us wouldn't be more pre-occupied about the fact they're hanging out in the first place haha.
Not like he has atleast 3 more Blue Party-hats, 80m Shard stack and 21 Christmas Crackers. He owns about 1/5th of all Christmas Crackers on Runescape today, plus he's never dice hosted or staked, just no-lifes w2 rare section... <-- Talking about Md3w.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Murdoc

Murdoc

D-FENS

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

View PostNitromanic, on 06 November 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

Not like he has atleast 3 more Blue Party-hats, 80m Shard stack and 21 Christmas Crackers. He owns about 1/5th of all Christmas Crackers on Runescape today, plus he's never dice hosted or staked, just no-lifes w2 rare section... <-- Talking about Md3w.
Well then if he got them all 'legitimately' I'm not really surprised that he's so distraught. Who wouldn't be? Especially if you thought it was taken by the likes of RuneShark at first?

Posted Image
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#8 Aragon

Aragon

That's Justice.

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

View PostMurdoc, on 06 November 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:

Anyway, going a bit OT - the only thing that caught my attention/seriously annoyed me about this was the fact he casually mentioned how if Simon wanted rares they could just "ask for donations and get enough for one". Call me prejudiced but that literally just sums up why I've come to detest a lot of the YouTube personalities in the game...

It was simply a supporting point to add on to the original claim that Simon wouldn't have done it anyways, because he wouldn't need to scam in order to get the partyhat. He spends hours on end each day to provide content to other users for minimal profit [if any, I personally haven't seen ads on their channel... but then again I don't watch them all that often]. They started producing with the sole purpose of helping people, which follows the same mentality you do when you help a user in the Questions forum. From what I can tell, they're both good people, and earned all their pennies from simply playing the game, which they both do a lot of.

Posted Image

#9 Evil Crosby

Evil Crosby

Wosby

• RS Name:Wosby
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

They probably did scam.

Probably one of the best opinions on this topic.

#10 Elder Jr

Elder Jr

Zybaholic

• RS Name:Elder Jr
  • RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:Ronin

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

Never give out your items voluntarily even to your best friends. It can always turn into bad situations.

Posted Image

#11 Murdoc

Murdoc

D-FENS

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

View PostAragon, on 06 November 2012 - 06:41 PM, said:

Yeah I know but this is just something I've always had a bugbear about. Never like it when people flaunt themselves like that, my mind can't help the reaction lol.    

View PostEvil Crosby, on 06 November 2012 - 06:53 PM, said:

They probably did scam.

Literally the funniest thing I've seen all week. Subbed to Bakoo and everything.

Posted Image

#12 AD Feared

AD Feared

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:34 AM

They probably did scam.

"'I cant remember the last time he was on W2' shut up you f***ing idiot"... best opinion evar?

I myself enjoy runesharks content but am in no way saying simon would never do it, we probably will never know that tbh. But couldn't this guy be a bit more professional in his opinions of them by not swearing every two words and being constructive, I swear he is worse then the xbox CoD community :-/

#13 Rosstitution

Rosstitution

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

Quite glad I haven't got into watching these RuneScape videos on YouTube, no offence to anyone who does watch them I just couldn't care about what happens to RuneShark or anyone else who is somehow famous on this game lol.

As for scamming; If you don't want to get scammed don't trust anyone. They have JAG now which makes your account more secure and the loan feature if your friends want to borrow a rare. If you're stupid enough to give something valuable to someone you met over the internet then you deserve to lose it.
Posted Image

#14 Evil Crosby

Evil Crosby

Wosby

• RS Name:Wosby

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

View PostMurdoc, on 06 November 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

View PostAragon, on 06 November 2012 - 06:41 PM, said:

Yeah I know but this is just something I've always had a bugbear about. Never like it when people flaunt themselves like that, my mind can't help the reaction lol.

They probably did scam.

Literally the funniest thing I've seen all week. Subbed to Bakoo and everything.

View PostAD Feared, on 07 November 2012 - 04:34 AM, said:

They probably did scam.

"'I cant remember the last time he was on W2' shut up you f***ing idiot"... best opinion evar?

I myself enjoy runesharks content but am in no way saying simon would never do it, we probably will never know that tbh. But couldn't this guy be a bit more professional in his opinions of them by not swearing every two words and being constructive, I swear he is worse then the xbox CoD community :-/

Pretty funny how they deny it. Oh well.

#15 Nitromanic

Nitromanic

Pure F2P

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

Tbh he didn't actually get scammed for his Blue Phat...he gave it to Simon fgs. It's not scamming if he voluntarily gave it to him lmao.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 Sporty

Sporty

• RS Name:Sporty
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

"Oh no, what will I do now that I have 22 instead of 23 blue partyhats? -cuts wrists-"

If you are prepared to give away something regardless of its value, you have to be prepared to suffer such consequences.
Posted Image

#17 Derp

Derp

hurr durr

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

View PostAD Feared, on 07 November 2012 - 04:34 AM, said:

They probably did scam.

Agreed on the xbox CoD community, it somehow is worse than the rs 1. :p

-Sprinted; 99 Slayer; 17th July 2012; 130 Combat; Only other 99 being craft

#18 Johnyisbest

Johnyisbest

Im Awesome.

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

Well his own fault for giving him the party hat in the first place, even famous people can scam you (even though that isnt the case here, with him being hacked and all).

Be careful with who you trust on this game :-/

#19 moneyhelpspk

moneyhelpspk

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:35 AM

When did runeshark get hacked/scammed? and since he did is he quiting?

#20 Dakk.

Dakk.

/dyel/

• RS Name:JoJoJoestar
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

Oh god, runescape video community drama.

I kinda thought upon clicking this thread that this would be about scammers in general, like if one has ever been scammed or scammed anyone else. I was surprised.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: