Tears Of Guthix: Go With The Flow

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Tears Of Guthix: Go With The Flow (18 member(s) have cast votes)

How would you rate this update?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Kevin♫

Kevin♫

You were gravely mistaken

• RS Name:King Bradley
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:42 AM

Tears of Guthix: Go with the Flow

If you've never tried Tears of Guthix before, it's a cool D&D located under Lumbridge which - after completing the short Tears of Guthix quest - can be played up to once a week for a handy XP boost to your lowest-levelled skill. It's steeped in RuneScape lore too, as you'll tell stories of your adventures to Juna - a serpentine servant of Guthix - in exchange for a short time catching the XP-giving tears.

The first thing veterans among you will notice is the full graphical rework. Juna, now super-sized and draped across the entrance to the tears alcove, makes for an imposing sight as she unravels the skeins of your fate. The tears themselves now make for a stunning cascade down the beautifully re-rendered walls, and the light creatures shimmer eerily as you make your way through the cave.

Posted Image

We've multiplied XP gain in the cave by three times, bringing it in line with equivalent areas of gameplay. The biggest boost comes to high-level players, though. Those of you with 80 Crafting and Mining can make an ornate and extra-large bowl for up to five times the XP gain you'd have got before the update.

We've made some technical tweaks so that switching between the streams of tears is quicker and feels more responsive. We've also updated the Games Necklace so it can be used to teleport directly to Juna's cave. The new interface we've built for it includes keyboard shortcuts so, it's quicker and easier to use than ever.

Whether it's your first time collecting the tears, it's a cozy part of your weekly routine, or you've been waiting for a reason get back into the flow, it's the best time ever to drink deeply from the Tears of Guthix.

Mod Wilson

How to start Tears of Guthix:

First, you must complete the Tears of Guthix quest, which has the following requirements:
44 Quest Points
20 Crafting
49 Firemaking
20 Mining
You may then complete the D&D once per week, but you also need to have obtained at least one of the following since you last collected the tears:
1 Quest Point
100,000 XP. This can be shared across any number of skills.
Other requirements:

In order to craft the improved bowl, you must have at least the following. You will then be able to talk to Juna to begin the process of making the bowl:

80 Crafting
80 Mining

Behind the Scenes Video

If you haven't already, you can take a whistle-stop tour of the Tears of Guthix content in our latest Behind the Scenes video:

In Other News

Solomon's Store is now stocking Dragon Keepsake Keys. One of these handy objects will allow you to convert any wearable item into a cosmetic re-skin for your gear, so you can truck down into the QBD's lair with your p-hat proudly on display. Log into Solomon's General Store to treat yourself, or check out our FAQ if you have any questions.
Later this week, Yelps will be introducing D&D Tokens onto the Squeal of Fortune. Fancy an extra go per week on Tears of Guthix? Look out for more details, coming soon!

The patch notes archive can be seen here.

Edited by Kevin♫, 06 November 2012 - 09:49 AM.

Posted Image
"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
- Sun Tzu (Art of War)

#2 Lucy Fer

Lucy Fer

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

Ooh i need to get online to do this, i was looking forward to it. I've always enjoyed ToG and wonder how good it now will be.
The Solomon update looks nifty aswel, gonna read the FAQ now and see if i could bind some DG items and use them (cosmetically) in outside world.

Edit:
Looks like it is possible, i'll probably wait until I can get a Primal 2h or if i find another Hood (even tho they are useless for DG I quitte fancy them for their looks.)
I'm Glad they made some good restrictions on how the item works. No borrowing an item and pretending it's yours makes me happy.

It isn't to bad to spend some money on. One item can be bought with the free 200coins or if you are will to spend 3.99 euro on some RuneCoins.

Edited by Lucy Fer, 06 November 2012 - 10:00 AM.

Posted Image

#3 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• RS Name:Elysian Duck
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

We've also updated the Games Necklace so it can be used to teleport directly to Juna's cave.
5/5

View PostRashy, on 03 November 2010 - 09:25 AM, said:

The duck is Justin Bieber in disguise. He's spying on us. Ban now!

Posted Image

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#4 Kenya wast

Kenya wast

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

Not so wow update for me tbh :(

#5 Jens14

Jens14

• RS Name:Jens14
  • Clan:DI

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

Video of the reworked Tears of Guthix:

Edited by Jens14, 06 November 2012 - 10:19 AM.

http://runetrack.com...php?user=Jens14

Posted Image

- signature too tall, check the rules here Unbeaten

#6 Santa Kid

Santa Kid

One is an ordinary chap.

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

Excellent, on my way there now. ^_^

[13/26] * [2,390/2595] * [135/138]
Posted Image
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#7 Aceman

Aceman

The King

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

I like that they've finally decided to do something with Tears of Guthix. It's nice to bring back that old content considering it was kinda useless after lv 50 or so.

Edit: Checkin it out as soon as I get on rs :D

Edited by Aceman, 06 November 2012 - 10:16 AM.

#8 Shadowandy

Shadowandy

Ba-Ba Boomkin!

• RS Name:Shadowandy

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

I'm surprised I actually got Dungeoneering XP. I thought it went to your Skill with the lowest XP when you had all Level 99 Skills. Although I do still need to get Level 120 Dungeoneering.

#9 Scott

Scott

kill the switch

• RS Name:Surette

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

I really love this. Tears of Guthix always felt a bit outdated, especially with newer experience rates. And the fact that you can now teleport directly there is absolutely fantastic, as that was one of the biggest annoyances with doing it each week.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 ~ Darky ~

~ Darky ~

• RS Name:XsDarknesssX

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

To bad I maxed last week, might do it for overall exp but recently I have been slacking when it came to weekly/daily exp things.

Posted Image

#11 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

View PostShadowandy, on 06 November 2012 - 10:22 AM, said:

I'm surprised I actually got Dungeoneering XP. I thought it went to your Skill with the lowest XP when you had all Level 99 Skills. Although I do still need to get Level 120 Dungeoneering.
Would it be considered balanced overall then? If that's the case, I can imagine a lot of people getting Dungeoneering XP rather than some other skills that they want.

I'll check it out and do it for myself to see what's up.
Went straight to Slayer.

Edited by Milktea4me, 06 November 2012 - 11:19 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#12 daveeed0

daveeed0

• RS Name:daveeed0

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

143 tears+ big bowl+114 dg= 42.900 xp

#13 Velits

Velits

Awesome~!

• RS Name:Velits
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:less
  • Team:Awesome

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:04 AM

It looks fantastic! I've always love Tears of Guthix and now it looks even better after the revamp. Time to get 80 mining or the larger bowl :-)  5/5!

#14 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

Games Necklace has a new interface:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#15 Cera S6

Cera S6

Violent Resolution Officer

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

I guess I actually have some incentive to go there now.

Mike|Cera_S6 - Violent Resolution Officer
Posted Image
P2P Teams: Overwhelming Threat Member (06) | Infamous PKers Member (09) | Border Patrol Member (09) | Genocide Member (10) | Frozen Fury Warlord (11 - 13)
F2P Teams: Noobs Inc Member (06) | Team X Warlord (09) | Northern Kings Warlord (12) | Evolution Warlord (12) | Octane Member (12)
Clans: Fear Member (04) | THE Futures Member (05) | Awaken Officer (05/06) | Violent Resolution Officer (06 - Present)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Community Leader of General Discussion, Clan Discussion, Clan Fights & Events and United Nations - Feel free to PM me with any questions/concerns Posted Image
Posted Image | Posted Image

#16 Echliurn

Echliurn

Dave Bodom

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

Forgot how annoying that minigame is.  Good update thouh.

Began 2002 - Maxed Melee 2005 - Maxed Combat 2006 - Retired 2013

#17 Voaz

Voaz

Since 2004.

• RS Name:Voaz

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

Got a chunk of Slayer XP, nice update.
Don't you ever wonder, how we survive?

#18 *Tom*

*Tom*

Expect to win.

• RS Name:BornSkulled

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:57 AM

Loving this update, I'll definitely be making sure to do this each week now.

Tooheyy @SwiftIRC

Posted Image

>> Zybez Content Team << - >>Zchat Moderator<< - >> Zybez20 Team <<

Posted Image

#19 Wats Ronskep

Wats Ronskep

• RS Name:Wats Ronskep

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

Yay for more effortless Hunter XP!

Posted Image

#20 Ploxis