Temple Trekking/burgh De Rott Ramble

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Andraxion

Andraxion

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:23 AM

I finished up most of the Myreque quest chain today and decided to check out this minigame. I'd never done this activity before until today and I have to say, the rewards are extremely generous. In a few hours I've made about 2.5m through various herbs, shade remains, and snake skins. Not to mention, I've picked up about 80 nail beast charms (>80k summoning xp), and enough snail shells to equal over 20k crafting xp. Personally, I don't think it's too much of a grind but a few people I've talked to talk about it with extreme dislike. What's the general community rating of this minigame?

Edited by Andraxion, 03 November 2012 - 02:34 AM.

#2 Tee 3

Tee 3

d00d!

• RS Name:Tee 3
  • RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:Zybeznet

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:37 AM

I personally have enjoyed it a lot since even before the revamp. I love it even more now.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Zybez Blogs Team Member/Guides & Tips CL

Check out my Money-Making and Training for Pvm Guides!

#3 Crupu

Crupu

• RS Name:Crupulus
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

I remember it being boring, at the time the Lumberjack clothes were released. And it still is :D

#4 Zparanoid

Zparanoid

Senior Dismember

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

It gave me a few hours of fun levelling up the different companions, and getting all the different rewards, when Jagex did their update on it.

Maxing Smiddi and Rolayne were both tiresome though, only did that at a later stage when needed for Morytania tasks.

Once you've completed it, its pretty much dead content.

Edited by Zparanoid, 03 November 2012 - 12:48 PM.

#5 Wats Ronskep

Wats Ronskep

• RS Name:Wats Ronskep
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

I tried both games after finishing the respective quests for them and I have to say I really enjoyed the games. I never really experienced pre-updated versions of the games, but I do remember being confused of what I got into by talking to an NPC near the temple that led me to what looked like a map of the game. That home teleport saved me :-D.

Edited by Ignite It, 03 November 2012 - 01:15 PM.

Posted Image

#6 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

People hate it because it's pretty boring to train the Hard Characters. Temple Trekking definitely took a toll on me when i had to complete it all for Taskmaster emote and I can tell from others as well. The minigame itself is pretty standard and it's fun once you get use to it because it's more than just a single way interactive minigame that only dependant on you. It brings a new perspective to combat like Summoning Familiars do, but that's only the case for Medium and Easy Characters. The Hard Characters are pretty weak so the only way train them is to go back and forth through each room without using them at all.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#7 Andraxion

Andraxion

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

Yea, I've found that the hard characters are quite a grind. Spent the majority of the day getting Smiddi and Rolayne to 50. I'm close to the teleport option being unlocked, after that I'll probably only do it a few times a week for the nail beast charms. Not really farming but with the other rewards available, it wouldn't be too much of a waste of time.

#8 Aloof

Aloof

Crazy- but only just.

• RS Name:Tear Asunder
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

I liked the old version of the minigame. Sub died before I could hit the revamped version (plus this is a different account, long story, but end of it is that I haven't got the quests done yet). It's certainly not the best moneymaking solution, but heck, it's got considerably less grind than alching stuff or what have you. Efficiency aficionados probably abhor it, since you need a bit of everything to be prepared. I do think that things slow down considerably once you hit Legacy of Seergaze, since that's when vyrewatches begin floating in, and the flail does almost nothing when it's not upgraded. I guess the newer weapons (should) have a higher accuracy, but I'm not there yet.
I went to sleep and woke from my nightmare.

#9 cestal

cestal

Rightful Wielder of the Angry Hedge Clippers.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:18 AM

I have always enjoyed it, though now that I have "completed" it I don't do it as often.  The rewards are good (those nail beast tokens in particular are very juicy) and it can be fun to try different strategies just for fun, instead of to find the "optimal" one.
For me, the big improvement that made the game was when they started letting you use familiars...
Cestal quotes:
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
Sir Winston Churchill, British politician (1874 - 1965)
"Your good fortune is not my misfortune" -- Cestal
Honour
"Life is pain, Highness... anyone who tells you differently is selling you something."

#10 Rodney King

Rodney King

Rodney 'TB' King

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:40 AM

Completed it.

Very underated in terms of money making and cmb xp. Made me 400k/hr easy doing the hard characters rushing easy routes. If you did easy NPCS on hard you'd make over 600k/hr+.

Problem is its very monotonous. Like most thinks people cant only stand it for so long before it gets boring.

Posted Image
|Rodney__King| |Ex-Higher Force Leader | |Runescape's #1 Runepure + Tank Clan|
|HF Site| |HF IRC: #higher-force| |HF Requirements| |HF Tube|

Rex Mortuus Est, Vivat Rex - Higher Force 2005-2012

Proud to have served.

#11 yuriprime192

yuriprime192

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:04 AM

Completed it also.

Though while I was leveling all the heroes i found it to be very fun, i have to agree with a lot of people here that say once you've finished its pretty much dead content.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 Magick

Magick

outrageous

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

I have never even heard of those mini-games/places.

Posted Image

#13 Ninjasteak

Ninjasteak

Everyone is human.

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

I actually started playing that minigame after the update and it's quite fun. Once you max out all your characters though, you probably won't ever go back to it. :-(

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image   

Community Leader of Achievements & Questions | Zybez Clan Co-leader

Posted Image

Forge a world without kings or queens, nor borders and nations, where Man's only allegiance is to himself and those he loves.

#14 Dakk.

Dakk.

/dyel/

• RS Name:JoJoJoestar
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:43 AM

I originally loved it but after I had to max Smiddi and Ryark... I now try to always stay away from that game :#
Posted Image

#15 sev1627

sev1627

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

I've never done it before(don't even have the quests) but I really wanted to start to get some charms and the nails I think for sanfew serums. I didn't even think about making money from it so I'm contemplating working on getting the quests done even sooner now...

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: