• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin♫

Kevin♫

Lead the charge

• RS Name:Killerred005
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:19 PM

The swords have been swung, and the monsters slain; the dragon bones interred and the pouches infused. The dust has finally settled from our first ever Double XP Weekend, and what a doozy it was!

This is the first time that we've ever offered a flat rate of bonus XP - double XP for members - and the first time that we've opened up a Bonus XP Weekend to free players. All together, you clocked up an incredible 4,445,966 hours of game time over the weekend, and accumulated untold billions of XP. The level of devotion displayed for RuneScape over the weekend was truly staggering.

This level of activity was unprecedented, and at peak times some worlds experienced notable lag. The log-in servers also felt the strain, meaning that some users had difficulty logging in or switching worlds. While we kept everything running over the course of the 48 hours, we're aware that this was frustrating to those of you who were affected.

We'd like to apologise to anyone who had problems playing over the course of the weekend. In light of this, we're working hard to upgrade our server infrastructure, as well as further optimising our game systems.

Thank you again for your unmatched enthusiasm for RuneScape, and for your patience when there were technical issues. You can be sure that our next big game event will be better, smoother and more fun than ever before.

The RuneScape Team

Discuss this here.

Posted Image
Global Moderator | Recruiting Leader | AoTM Staff | General Discussion Staff

Posted Image

#2 *Tom*

*Tom*

Expect to win.

• RS Name:BornSkulled
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:24 PM

507 years of game play over a 48 hour period...that is nothing short of insane!

Tooheyy @SwiftIRC

Posted Image

>> Zybez Content Team << - >>Zchat Moderator<< - >> Zybez20 Team <<

Posted Image

#3 Cookson

Cookson

3RD PERSON LEGEND

• RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:30 PM

Personally gained about 300k xp at armoured zombies because I was out for the majority of the weekend, I have literally no dedication to train on this game at all :x

Edited by Cooke, 29 October 2012 - 12:31 PM.

#4 Zq50

Zq50

The Best

• RS Name:Zq50

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:32 PM

Damn almost 4.5M hours thats impressive.

#5 Evidently

Evidently

Join Zchat, Zybez's Fchat

• RS Name:Evidently
  • Clan:Zchat

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:32 PM

It was a good weekend, wish i got more play time but alas it was not meant to be.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 bryanq

bryanq

• RS Name:Bbqchips
  • Team:TKO Blitz

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

Saw that the number of people in game at a certain time was always around 150k, so that would mean around an average 30 hours per person.... I suppose the number's bumped up a bit because of bots that probably trained 40+ hours. Still that's quite a crazy stat.

Edited by bryanq, 29 October 2012 - 12:36 PM.

#7 Murdoc

Murdoc

D-FENS

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

Haha, I was just thinking a few hours back whether we'd get any information on our collective performances. Good to see that they've gone ahead and done so to an extent. Knew the end of a weekend like this seemed a bit too quiet. :lol: Personally I only logged on for a few hours to get a handful of Fletching levels, as I'm going through another RuneScape-activity trough, but congratulations to everyone who met/exceeded their own expectations. Looking over the results of the Zybez tracker competition, it's ridiculous what some people managed to achieve...! Good job team. :-)

Posted Image[/url]
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#8 Velits

Velits

Awesome~!

• RS Name:Velits
  • Clan:less
  • Team:Twinkle

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

I've spent quite a few hours playing the past weekend. I gained like 9m EXP myself. It's impressive to so how many hours there have been played. Maybe not so unexpected when you think of the lag there was at times :XD:

Posted Image

#9 Zpoon

Zpoon

hey

• RS Name:ZPUN

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

Was a productive weekend even though I didn't spend as much time as others. Managed to clinch 99 herb and gained a ton of summoning xp as well.

The lag and login issues were frustrating though. I'm not sure what they were referring to with "during peak hours" because it felt like the entire weekend was encased in lag.
Those who talk don't know. And those who know don't talk.
Posted Image
http://www.reddit.com/r/runescape

#10 Jay

Jay

{◕ ◡ ◕}

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

Managed to get 99 construction, 90+ all skills, 91 hunt, etc.

Was fun even with the lag issues.

"Your tenacity is admirable, but pointless."

Posted Image

♥ Community Leader of Guides & Tips - Pm me with all issues

#11 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:34 PM

I personally got ~99 Construction and 98 Agility which wasn't a lot compared to other people's gain that I've seen throughout the weekend. Lag was a big issue especially in Dungeon where the end time couldn't even be trusted. Still, a lot of fun and always a blast to see people actually enjoy training. Hopefully, we'll have another Double XP Weekend next year!

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#12 Andraxion

Andraxion

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

I wonder how they tracked the total hours. If they used the in-game tracker as a log, then this number may even be too low due to the slowed ticks.

#13 Sasha Black

Sasha Black

The Frayed Ends Of Sanity

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

I got 8 con, 3 thief, 1 hunt, 1 wc & 1 agility level in ~9hrs.  Hate my demon butler.  Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaate my demon butler.  Had a great time :yes:.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 Echliurn

Echliurn

Dave Bodom

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

81-86 con, 83-84 thieve, and a chunk of xp towards 98 farming.  

Disappointed in my gains, had a lot more planned out, i was going to do agility but couldnt be bothered once it hit, ill probably regret that, but yeah, had a ton of plans to do and warned my girlfriend in advance (with a bribery of Forza) but alas, she still made nice fun filled plans of crap for us to do together instead.

Began 2002 - Maxed Melee 2005 - Maxed Combat 2006 - Retired 2013

Xbox Live - Dave_Bodom

Feel free to add for multiplayer

66k / 100k Gamerscore.

#15 Wyatt Family

Wyatt Family

• RS Name:Wyatt Family

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

I got about 10k agility xp then realized i was playing runescape and went back to farming gifts in tf2.

#16 Paradite

Paradite

What ever you say

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

My weekend consisted of 23.6M herblore experience, 1.2M firemaking experience and 1.2M dungeoneering experience.
Posted Image

#17 stevembk

stevembk

• RS Name:stevembk

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:14 AM

All the skill training I do were not doubled by the weekend. I did a little bit of agility but i realize that I just hate training the skills that I dont have 99's in.

I had more fun after it was over and I was able to concentrate on the holiday event and the Al Kharid quests.

Posted Image

99's: Thieving, Attack, Woodcut, Crafting, Farming, HP, Range, Slayer, Strength, Herblore, Hunter, Firemaking, Summoning, Runecrafting, Magic
CURRENT GOALS: 94/95 Prayer

#18 Sasha Black

Sasha Black

The Frayed Ends Of Sanity

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:08 AM

View PostParadite, on 29 October 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

My weekend consisted of 23.6M herblore experience, 1.2M firemaking experience and 1.2M dungeoneering experience.

How many pots did you make? :woeh:

Edited by SashaGrey, 30 October 2012 - 08:09 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 Crunkeh

Crunkeh

I like Ya kid, You got Spunk

• RS Name:Crunkeh

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:14 AM

wish i stocked up on summoning materials beforehand. Instead I got 90-97 range which i'm not dissapointed about, If i didn't go out saturday could have easily got 99 and maybe even 90+ thieve.

Posted Image

#20 Paradite

Paradite

What ever you say

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:38 AM

View PostSashaGrey, on 30 October 2012 - 08:08 AM, said:

View PostParadite, on 29 October 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

How many pots did you make? :woeh:

8K overload and 14K extreme range :p
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: