The Community Mentoring Project

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Atarah

Atarah

A 70s Disco Dancer.

• RS Status:Member

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:04 AM

The Community Mentoring Project (CMP) was first created by Thalador, and passed down multiple times due to retirement. In light of Jasonn, Apollo, Hemlock, PlayTrumpet, J36miles' and Arno's retirements, I will be taking care of the CMP for the time being.

As of March 8 2011, the CMP received a graphic make-over, courtesy of Justincrdibl!

As described by Thalador:

"The community is lacking the quality newer members that it used to have. Our purpose is to help those who wish to become better posters. Your mentor is always ready to answer questions. They do check-ups and give plenty of advice. Remember, they are monitoring most of your posts. We do this to make a better community for us all."

The purpose of the CMP is to help members improve the quality of their posting, their attitudes and their focus on RuneScape Community. A mentee should work hard both with their mentor and by themselves to improve and become a valued member of the community. This is not a free pass to ratings and promotions, and any attempts to use the system for these means will be picked upon very quickly.

In order to become a mentee, the applicant must be:
1) A member: You must have 50 posts. The reason we do not allow Junior Members to have mentors is because we need to know an applicant is serious about staying active at RuneScape Community before they can apply for a mentor for help. 50 posts also gives a mentor a good basis for analysis ahead of any future mentoring.

2) Active: Applicants should be posting fairly regularly, and not disappearing without contact for weeks or months at a time; doing so will see you removed from the project.

3) Be willing to accept constructive criticism, and be willing to both reply to a mentor's criticism, and actively seek his help in situations you are unsure about. Failure to contact your mentor is a basis for your removal from the project.

Responsibilities of a mentee: As a Mentee, you will receive no special consideration when it comes to violations of the rules and policies of RuneScape Community. If you violate a rule, you will either receive a warning or receive the appropriate punishment of a ratings deduction and suspension. It is the responsibility of the Mentee to maintain contact with the Mentor and ask questions of him or her. They will answer your questions as best as possible or forward your question to someone who can best assist you. Mentees who fail to maintain contact with their assigned Mentors will no longer be a Mentee. If you continue to display this behaviour constantly, you will earn yourself a reputation, and thus likely find yourself unable to find a Mentor in the future. Being a Mentee of a certain Senior Member or higher is not a status symbol; it is a privilege.

Termination of being a mentee: You will no longer be a mentee if one or more of the following conditions are met:

1) The Mentee no longer wishes to participate in the CMP.

2) The Mentor wishes to drop you as a Mentee because they feel that you are not actively working to improve yourself or you have learned everything there is to learn from the Mentor.

3) The Mentee has a +3 or higher rating, or gains Senior Member status.

NOTICE TO MENTEES: Please note that "Mentee of X" type inclusions in your signature, whilst appreciated, are not in the spirit of the Mentoring program and will be removed.

In order to become a Mentor, you must have been a Senior Member for at least 60 days or be higher-ranked/Honored Member. While there are many members with excellent ratings who could potentially become respected Mentors, we feel that the rank and time requirement are needed because Senior Members and higher are very familiar with what is needed to make a Mentee a better, rounded poster. They possess the experience that regular Members may not possess and we feel that they have the qualities which will enlighten Mentees most effectively. The role of "Mentor" is a strictly voluntary position. A Senior Member or higher is under no obligation to accept a Mentee if they are not willing or too busy to serve as a Mentor. Whilst they will most likely answer general questions if an applicant sends them a private message, this is a matter of courtesy and this does not imply that they are currently mentoring a Mentee.

Mentors will use their own methods and techniques to help their Mentees improve themselves. Please understand that not all Mentors will teach a Mentee the exact same way. Their suggestions and their advice should not be taken as gospel truth but rather as a broad training tool to allow Mentees to find their own path. There are many ways a Mentor can teach a Mentee on how to improve themselves. One question asked to five different Mentors may result in five different answers.

The only request to Mentors is that you limit your Mentees to three or less. Whilst it may give you pride to accept as many Mentees to help as much as possible, it is important to understand that your quality of teaching will suffer. The most important element of the CMP is to provide quality mentoring to those who are interested. When you have many Mentees, your time will be divided amongst many instead of a few.

Please note that "Unofficial Mentors" are not part of the CMP. Any Member who claims to be a Mentor is not telling the truth. If you wish to take advice off another Member, it is your choice to do so, and by no means am I claiming that there aren't capable Members within this Community. However, the Official Mentoring Project contains only Mentors who are of Senior Member or higher, and have been for more than 60 days. Any other Mentor, their methods and their advice is not known through this system, and any problems, complaints or similar about any Unofficial Mentor should not be directed at Arno, nor any other staff member. You undertake unofficial mentoring at your own risk.

NOTICE TO MENTORS: If you wish to edit information located in this section and you are a Moderator or higher, please let me know that you are doing so. I do not mind if you edit the sticky, I only wish to be informed. If you lack the ability to edit this post, you may always PM me with the changes and I will edit it for you.

(Note: If the Mentor's name is green in color, this means the Mentor is currently accepting mentees. If the Mentor's name is red in color, this means that they are not currently accepting mentees. Please do not assume that if they have no current mentees, they can mentor you). Please also pay attention to notes that mentors might have added to the information they provided, it may contain special requirements or preferred timezones, you will most likely be shot down on sight if you ignore the note and apply anyway. Please also note that just because a mentor is not proficient in a section you post often in, does not mean they will be unable to mentor you at all - you should still contact available mentors and see what they say. Acceptance is on their discretion. The forums listed are what they are most proficient in, not what forums they will only help within.

Atarah
Current Mentees - Nitromanic
Most Proficient in - General Discussion, Achievements
Willing to communicate with - MSN, Private Messaging, Skype
Special notes - I operate within GMT/BST (UK Time), and I'm happy to take on anyone who wishes to improve their posting.

BrotherVoid1
Current Mentees -
Most Proficient In - General Discussion, Questions, Achievements
Willing to communicate with - PM and Skype
Special notes - I'm willing to take on anyone who is active in the areas I am proficient and wants to improve their posting. At the time, I'd like to limit myself to one mentee. I am GMT-8/Pacific, but I'm on from 6pm on, so anyone in the states should have an easy time getting a hold of me live. Otherwise, I'm good at getting back to people over PM quickly.

Debenkey
Current Mentees -
Most Proficient in: Guides, Questions
Willing to communicate with: IRC, MSN
Special notes: Looking for anyone who is willing to listen to advice and take on constructive criticism in order to improve. Timezone close to GMT -5 is preferred.

HAR
Current Mentees:
Most Proficient In: Clan Discussion
Willing to communicate with: PM, IRC, Skype
Special notes: Two mentees maximum (GMT ideal). Willing to assist with improving the quality of your positing providing you are happy to exhibit accountability of your posting & able to accept constructive critisism.

Jay
Current Mentees -
Most Proficient In - Achievements, Tips, Questions
Willing to communicate with - PM and Skype\IRC
Special notes - Willing to take on anyone who is interested in those sections and wants to improve while receiving my honest opinion about your posting style. I'd prefer to limit myself to one mentee. I'm -5 GMT and would prefer to have someone close to or around my timezone.

Justin
Current Mentees -
Most Proficient in - Suggestions, Achievements, Questions
Willing to communicate with - IRC, Skype, PM
Special notes -

Kevin♫
Current Mentees - Unrated
Most Proficient In - General Discussion, Clan Discussion, Achievements
Willing to communicate with - PM, IRC and Skype
Special notes - I am willing to take on anyone who is trying to improve their behaviour and posting habits. I will only take up to two mentors at one time. I do prefer if you're somewhere close to mine (GMT-5 Eastern) so that we can communicate easier, but I will not turn you down if you have an odd timezone compared to mine as with the PM system I am not limited.

Magick
Current Mentees -
Most Proficient in - General Discussion, Player Kills, Off Topic
Willing to communicate with - PM
Special Notes -

Manga
Current Mentees - Nateisonfire and Manny
Most Proficient in - General Discussion, Achievements, Multimedia and Design, Off Topic, Questions
Willing to communicate with - IRC, Skype, PM, Ingame PM
Special notes - No mentees who frequents the clan boards. My timezone is (EST)

Murdoc
Current Mentees - Velits
Most Proficient in - Suggestions, General Discussion, Questions, Off Topic
Willing to communicate with - Skype, mIRC, MSN, and PM
Special notes - I'd prefer it if you were willing to use one of the voice chat options simply because that would allow us to hold much more fluid and dynamic conversations. A good sense of humour, positive attitude, and an ability to act on any kind of criticism are all appreciated too. People in a European timezone (though EST is also agreeable) will find that they'll be able to get the best out of me.

Scoobyninja
Current Mentees -
Most Proficient in - Achievements, Off Topic
Willing to communicate with - PM, E-mail
Special Notes - Interested in taking on anyone who is willing to improve and become a better member of the community. I will be taking on one (1) mentee at a time and would prefer that they be near GMT -5.

Scott
Current Mentees -
Most Proficient in - General Discussion, Tips, Off Topic
Willing to communicate with - PM, IRC, MSN, AIM
Special notes - GMT-5 (EST) or close is preferred.

Sector Six
Current Mentees -
Most Proficient in - General Discussion, Achievements, Clan Discussion, Multimedia & Design, Off Topic
Willing to communicate with - IRC, PM, Skype
Special notes - Willing to take on anyone with any rating, member must be dedicated to improving themselves in both posting & maturity. I am Australian and therefore within the timezone GMT +10, this may prove an issue for some members so please take that into consideration.

Shadowandy
Current Mentees -
Most Proficient in - Questions
Willing to communicate with - PM, IRC, MSN
Special notes - I'm everywhere!

spoonheb
Current Mentees -
Most Proficient In - Questions, Guides
Willing to communicate with - PM
Special notes - I've done a little bit of everything, shoot me a question and I'll do my best to help!

Yoto32
Current Mentees -
Most proficient in - Clan Discussion
Willing to communicate with - MSN, PM, RS, IRC
Special notes -

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Atarah

Atarah

A 70s Disco Dancer.

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

I've taken on one mentee but open to one more :-)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Cera S6

Cera S6

Violent Resolution Officer

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

^jordy begged me to be his mentee. Requesting him plox.

Mike|Cera_S6
Violent Resolution Officer | Adversity Warlord | Elusive Member | Immaculate Member
1geuK.jpg
P2P Teams: Overwhelming Threat Member (06) | Infamous PKers Member (09) | Border Patrol Member (09) | Genocide Member (10) | Frozen Fury Warlord (11 - 13) | Frozen Fury Member (16)
F2P Teams: Noobs Inc Member (06) | Team X Warlord (09) | Northern Kings Warlord (12) | Evolution Warlord (12) | Octane Member (12)
Adversity Warlord (15 - 17) | Flip Flops Member (16) | Elusive Member (16 - Present) | Immaculate Member (17 - Present)
Clans: Fear Member (04) | THE Futures Member (05) | Awaken Officer (05/06) | Violent Resolution Officer (06 - Present)

Eg1XIjr.pngqvDrX9K.png

ushLGon.pngmxPeorR.png

#4 Aragon

Aragon

That's Justice.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

View PostCera S6, on 08 November 2012 - 04:34 PM, said:

You'll have to contact him yourself.

uswi2T1.gif

#5 Cera S6

Cera S6

Violent Resolution Officer

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

View PostAragon, on 08 November 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

View PostCera S6, on 08 November 2012 - 04:34 PM, said:

You'll have to contact him yourself.
I'll get him to take a look here :-P Thanks.

Mike|Cera_S6
Violent Resolution Officer | Adversity Warlord | Elusive Member | Immaculate Member
1geuK.jpg
P2P Teams: Overwhelming Threat Member (06) | Infamous PKers Member (09) | Border Patrol Member (09) | Genocide Member (10) | Frozen Fury Warlord (11 - 13) | Frozen Fury Member (16)
F2P Teams: Noobs Inc Member (06) | Team X Warlord (09) | Northern Kings Warlord (12) | Evolution Warlord (12) | Octane Member (12)
Adversity Warlord (15 - 17) | Flip Flops Member (16) | Elusive Member (16 - Present) | Immaculate Member (17 - Present)
Clans: Fear Member (04) | THE Futures Member (05) | Awaken Officer (05/06) | Violent Resolution Officer (06 - Present)

Eg1XIjr.pngqvDrX9K.png

ushLGon.pngmxPeorR.png

#6 Hemlock

Hemlock

great is the weapon that cuts on its own.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

Currently accepting mentees.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

rsc honored member, player moderator and completionist cape.
when i was king, you would have been the first against the wall.

this is sarah, pick up if you're there. i'm at this place on pico boulevard called tech noir.

#7 Fregs

Fregs

• Clan:NBK
  • Team:The Titans

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:21 AM

I wonder if Toejam might break his rule and mentor me.

I am in his clan, and find myself at -3 rating - it would be great to get some help!

E : His one mentee at a time rule!

Edited by Fregs, 09 November 2012 - 04:22 AM.

#8 Kenny

Kenny

Mars

• RS Name:Mars

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

Good luck Cera :-)

Posted Image

#9 ^jordy

^jordy

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

I wouldn't mind mentoring you Ferg but I already have two mentees right now. If I were you I would contact Hemlock he is very experienced and knows more about RSC than any of us.  

Added you Cera, PM me when you have questions or want to chat again.

DxnqbIG.gif

LtNmu8e.png

Wc8ZA8u.png

Global Moderator - PM me if you need any assistance 

#10 Murdoc

Murdoc

ILMWALP

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

Sefket too has fallen into shadow...

On the bright side I am still free to take up one more mentee. Contact if still interested in the ways of the Force.

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#11 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:04 AM

One more week until I'm open to a mentee :-D

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#12 Manga

Manga

Protagonist

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

I am now available to take mentees.

PM me if interested.

0vjB8Du.png

Platforms I also play on.

Xbox: Scraps Of Manga | Playstation MangaScraps

Steam: manga_scraps | Battle.Net: Manga#1499

Nintendo ID: Manga_Scraps | 3DS: 2578-3137-9250

#13 Kevinn

Kevinn

You can't keep me from getting drunk.

• RS Name:King Bradley
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

I am available to take on mentees. PM me if interested.

Head of Player Kills, Achievements, General Discussion & Guides and Tips
Posted Image
✗✗ Clan Staff / Board Administrator ✗✗
"If you look for the light you can often find it. But if you look for the dark, it's all you'll ever see."
- Iroh (The Legend of Korra)

#14 BrotherVoid1

BrotherVoid1

Retired Completionist

• RS Name:BrotherVoid1
  • Clan:DGS

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

I'm excited to be able to take on anyone willing to improve.  PM me if you're interested :-)

Posted Image
Here the ways of men part: if you wish to strive for peace of soul and pleasure, then believe;
if you wish to be a devotee of truth, then inquire…

#15 Jay

Jay

Dark lady watch over me

• RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:13 AM

Free to take mentee's, let me know if you're interested :wub:

#16 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:46 AM

I'm open for mentee's. Hit me up!

Posted Image

#17 ToeJam

ToeJam

Finger Picking Good

• RS Name:ToeJam

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

Dandjw and Fregs have both decided that they are happy to go it alone and have been doing well so I'm removing them as my mentees.

Added TS Togusa.

Posted Image

#18 Sector Six

Sector Six

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:47 AM

Added myself back on the list as I am active once again, willing to take on mentee's now however please take note of my special notes.

Honored Member
ex AOTM/ASC Leader x ex Achievements Leader x ex Multimedia & Design Leader
Retired from all positions as of April 2016, want to chat or catch up? Feel free to PM me.

Posted Image

#19 Sofox

Sofox

Just Keep Hitting It

• RS Name:Yo Face Nate

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:02 PM

Is this information up to date? Because I was thinking of looking for a mentor.

If anyone is free, send me a PM! :)

Down for getting dark 'cause the dark gets me 

and all the other lovers make it so heavy.

Takes a little emptiness to feel complete 

when crowds come ever-thicker and liquor it comes free.

#20 Murdoc

Murdoc

ILMWALP

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

View PostNateisonfire, on 02 June 2013 - 01:02 PM, said:

Is this information up to date? Because I was thinking of looking for a mentor.

If anyone is free, send me a PM! :)
You have to look through the list and find someone suitable to approach yourself because we won't know the type of mentor you want. Whether that be in terms of their personality, specialization, and so on.

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: