• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Medtron 67

Medtron 67

Yes, i also like to live dangerously.

• RS Name:Medtron 67
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

Hi, ive been retired for quite some time now but for the EoC ive been thinking of peaking back in to see how RS is going but im curious.
How are pures going to be in the new beta? i havent read all the details so i figured id ask some knowledgable people

How are combat/weapons/armor/prayers/quests anything and everything associated to a pure going to be effected?

Ive read some stuff and have a brief idea but im asking, will pures be completely obsolete or will there be a method to perfecting them because i do love switching between pures and my main

Posted Image

Medtron 67

#2 » Caudery

» Caudery

¢αυ∂єяу 13

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:20 PM

There ruined, no such thing as a "pure" anymore. You can not train your defence, but you will only have lower hp in the end so its kinda levelled it up. The point of EoC is to level the playing fields for all players. Depending on your armour will depends on how much lifepoints you get. If you wear iron, you might have 5k health points but if you wear rune you will get 50k life points (making up my statistics).

Yes you will be able to have a pure, however you will hit hard and have very little lifepoints.

Posted Image

#3 Ankit

Ankit

You're looking at greatness.

• RS Name:Ankit
  • Clan:Solace

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

Pures have no place in the new EOC.

Proud Solace Legendary Member
June 12, 2010 - February 14, 2013

#4 Kylar

Kylar

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:51 PM

Pures already only fight other pures since mains can't compete purely because of levels.
In EoC pures can't compete with mains purely because of levels.

The difference? Mains aren't spending their every second moping about it.
Posted Image

#5 Neatea

Neatea

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:06 AM

Don't think pures will make it after Eoc.

Posted Image

#6 warbaer

warbaer

Since 2k4.

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:08 AM

View Post» Caudery, on 19 October 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

There ruined, no such thing as a "pure" anymore. You can not train your defence, but you will only have lower hp in the end so its kinda levelled it up. The point of EoC is to level the playing fields for all players. Depending on your armour will depends on how much lifepoints you get. If you wear iron, you might have 5k health points but if you wear rune you will get 50k life points (making up my statistics).

Yes you will be able to have a pure, however you will hit hard and have very little lifepoints.

Hold on a sec... 50k lifepoints? No, pures will yes have like 5k lifepoints, but no1 in any armor will have even half of 50k lp. 50def and full rune will have around 10k lifepoints. And at maxed pures level, those will have ~50 offensive stats...

So, game will be dead, but pures will not be. Maxed (Mean really maxed) pures will be actually buffed due to eoc. Tho main thing is that at pures levels, theres not if at all people with defense.
Rip Mayhem Makers 2004-2013. End of an era.

Posted Image[/url]

#7 nizes

nizes

• RS Name:Failed eh

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

There will still be pures but whit more higher defence levels.

#8 Lothaurian

Lothaurian

SUP

• RS Name:Vyac
  • Clan:PvM Divinity

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

Well, as he said, he was making up the statistics. Basically, people with defence will have much more HP, so pures can't just run in, blitz, dds spec etc and kill them. I guess pures will have to figure out which defence lvls give enough hp without raising their combat lvl too much. Although, it's still in beta, so it's too early to tell how it will be, but i've heard that tank magers can do quite nice.

Also important to note that training str/mage/range to high lvls wont always be good, it would be better to train them until you get the abilities needed  ^^
Posted Image

#9 Eco pure x

Eco pure x

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

So my current stats are: Attack:70 Strength:82 Ranged:81 Magic:72 Defence:40 Prayer:50 Constitution:78 Summoning:1
CB: 85
Should i get 70 defence, because i really want to wear Dharok's armour. But im not really sure how the EoC is going to come out.
So should i start training defence before the EoC because pures will be "killed" (if they get "killed).
Thanks.

killed"

#10 uncivilized pk

uncivilized pk

• RS Name:i uncivil i

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:30 PM

Add me in game @  I uncivil I ill help you

Edited by uncivilized pk, 24 October 2012 - 11:42 PM.

#11 Vinny`

Vinny`

Keep it simple .

• RS Name:Vinnn
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:24 AM

Making/ pking with a pure in the EOC is like playing pokemon and choosing a grass type pokemon against a fire type, you can try but you can't win the fight

Sleeping is for dreamers

#12 Medtron 67

Medtron 67

Yes, i also like to live dangerously.

• RS Name:Medtron 67

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:46 AM

View PostVinny`, on 25 October 2012 - 09:24 AM, said:

Making/ pking with a pure in the EOC is like playing pokemon and choosing a grass type pokemon against a fire type, you can try but you can't win the fight

this is honestly the best explanation ive seen posted on 3 seperate forums.

Posted Image

Medtron 67

#13 moneyhelpspk

moneyhelpspk

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:14 PM

pures will be able to do tons of damage but since their defence is 1 they cant wear good armor that gives hp bonus

#14 Aceman

Aceman

The King

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

Considering the way that combat will be calculated they will be at such an extreme disadvantage it's not worth it anymore. You'll be at such a higher combat level in comparison to what you were used to. It'd be like a level 60 fighting a lv 100 (just as an example). Then expecting them to compete equally

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: