76 replies to this topic

#41 Cavan

Cavan

merp

• RS Name:Cavan
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:zybeznet

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

Anyone with bonus XP left to use in their Mad May necklace still has plenty of time to do so: until the 31st of December 2012.

Wooooo

Posted Image

#42 Lieutenant Dan

Lieutenant Dan

Zybez's Unofficial Brony Representative

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:32 PM

View PostTeemo_Taunt, on 19 September 2012 - 05:15 PM, said:

View PostLieutenant Dan, on 19 September 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

View PostTeemo_Taunt, on 19 September 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

- When I pin a task to the noticeboard, I also get a box displaying the task above my chat box. Why do I need 2? Closing the pop up box also unpins it from my bar.
<image removed for size>
You can move it around, even under your open tab. So I did.
Ok so that fixes it, but to fix it I have to hide part of their system. That seems silly :/
Yeah, but JaGEx isn't exactly known for their good release-day ideas. Usually things need to be tweaked.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#43 Gohankuten

Gohankuten

Master of all Wills & Quests

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:45 PM

View PostRobinhoodrs, on 19 September 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

View PostNo1 1000, on 19 September 2012 - 03:57 PM, said:

View PostEvidently, on 19 September 2012 - 02:11 PM, said:

View PostJessyU, on 19 September 2012 - 01:57 PM, said:

did I just get 250k dg xp for doing a c6 small? I really hope they nerf the xp rates because this is wayy too easy.
Mad face for not getting a dung challenge :evil:
To be fair, that's for someone with 109 dungeoneering. It most likely scales more or less like lamps.

Yes it does scale like lamps.

I'm 94 Dungeoneering and I received 195k XP.

View PostSean., on 19 September 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

I did my Dung task and got 180k xp. I did my Summoning task, which only took a little less time, and got 2.5k xp. Even though the two skills are almost the same level. Good job balancing the update Jagex...
What it does is it gives extra xp equivalent to doing the best xp you could for that skill at you level.  For dg this means the highest floor with prestige on a 5:5 large and probably has all the bonus stuff maxed out as well which is why it's such a large amount of xp.  For summoning while you can level it fast each thing itself doesn't really give that much xp so if limited to a certain amount used it can only give so much xp.

Edited by Gohankuten, 19 September 2012 - 05:46 PM.

Thanks to Arno for the +1
Thanks to Teelex for the +2
954th Person To 99 Hunter
Master of all Wills and Quests
Posted Image

#44 Musica

Musica

We did it for the glory.

• RS Name:Musica
  • Clan:Morale

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:12 PM

FYI for everyone, the beacon task is glitched and is uncompletable at the moment.
Kill one man, murderer.
Kill millions, conqueror.
Kill them all, god.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

#45 Ramu

Ramu

Andy is a fishy pumpkin

• RS Name:Ramu

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:34 PM

Only collect the award from one challenge at a time or you will not get the compensation.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#46 Zephyr Zephyr

Zephyr Zephyr

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:42 PM

View PostPokemon Nerd, on 19 September 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

Does anyone know what time the daily tasks reset at? Couldn't see anything noted down anyways, so I'm either blind or they didn't mention it.

Pretty sure its the same time you get new sof spins
Posted Image

Referral links are not allowed - Ramu  OK

#47 Evidently

Evidently

Join Zchat, Zybez's Fchat

• RS Name:Evidently
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Zchat

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:00 PM

View PostMusica, on 19 September 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

FYI for everyone, the beacon task is glitched and is uncompletable at the moment.
Great i got that task :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#48 Bloodstain

Bloodstain

• RS Name:Bloodstain14
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:17 PM

Only bad thing is the "Make X item" thing, because  you don't get paid for the items you made to my knowledge. I've got a task to make 300 red vambraces, which will cost nearly 1M. Now, I'm not sure how much exp the reward is, but I highly doubt it is 1M worth.
Your signature has been removed because it was breaking the rules of this community. It was too big (either too wide or too tall) and/or its file-size was too large. To find out more, please see our Help & Rules Section. Please ensure that you fix your signature according to the rules before putting it up again. Otherwise, you may be banned. If you need any help, feel free to contact me. Thanks, Aragon

#49 Gohankuten

Gohankuten

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:44 PM

View PostBloodstain, on 19 September 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

Only bad thing is the "Make X item" thing, because  you don't get paid for the items you made to my knowledge. I've got a task to make 300 red vambraces, which will cost nearly 1M. Now, I'm not sure how much exp the reward is, but I highly doubt it is 1M worth.
Does it say you have to turn the items in?  If so then you do get compensated for it.  I got compensated for having to buy 15 grimy torstols and clean them.

Posted Image

#50 Bloodstain

Bloodstain

• RS Name:Bloodstain14
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:14 PM

View PostGohankuten, on 19 September 2012 - 09:44 PM, said:

Does it say you have to turn the items in?  If so then you do get compensated for it.  I got compensated for having to buy 15 grimy torstols and clean them.

I'll have to check (I'm pretty sure any challenge that includes items = you lose them when you turn it in), but I know I had a cut 30 magic logs one and my compensation was a mystery bag (which by chance contained 28 magic logs)

e:
Posted Image

Edited by Bloodstain, 19 September 2012 - 10:17 PM.

Your signature has been removed because it was breaking the rules of this community. It was too big (either too wide or too tall) and/or its file-size was too large. To find out more, please see our Help & Rules Section. Please ensure that you fix your signature according to the rules before putting it up again. Otherwise, you may be banned. If you need any help, feel free to contact me. Thanks, Aragon

#51 Gohankuten

Gohankuten

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:50 PM

View PostBloodstain, on 19 September 2012 - 10:14 PM, said:

View PostGohankuten, on 19 September 2012 - 09:44 PM, said:

I'll have to check (I'm pretty sure any challenge that includes items = you lose them when you turn it in), but I know I had a cut 30 magic logs one and my compensation was a mystery bag (which by chance contained 28 magic logs)

e:
http://i.imgur.com/Issn4.png...
I can confirm you will get compensated for the ge value of the items.  I just had a task of 336 magic shortbows and when i turned in got 27 rune ores as compensation.

Posted Image

#52 hoocoo

hoocoo

• RS Name:hoocoo

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:56 PM

View PostSashaGrey, on 19 September 2012 - 04:47 PM, said:

I got 47K crafting xp for making 70 decorated cooking urns. Jackpot.  :lmao:

At first I was grumpy that I didn't get any Dungeoneering challenges... then I saw this.  I got this challenge in the morning but didn't have time to do it until I came home from work at which point I got a new one and this one was gone... FML.

Also the Dorgesh-Kaan agility challenge is bugged you can't right click "Help" I think I ended up getting about 20K thieving experience for 6 laps which would have been ok except it took me 12 laps to figure out why it was bugged.

I also planted a torstol and got 3K Farming XP.  I was hoping for the equivalent of checking a spirit tree but for a 30 second task I guess I can't complain.

#53 Jaddy

Jaddy

Accomplished Agility Freak

• RS Name:Jaddy
  • Clan:Zybeznet
  • Team:Zchat

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:45 AM

View PostGohankuten, on 19 September 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

did I just get 250k dg xp for doing a c6 small? I really hope they nerf the xp rates because this is wayy too easy.
To be fair, that's for someone with 109 dungeoneering. It most likely scales more or less like lamps.

I did my Dung task and got 180k xp. I did my Summoning task, which only took a little less time, and got 2.5k xp. Even though the two skills are almost the same level. Good job balancing the update Jagex...
What it does is it gives extra xp equivalent to doing the best xp you could for that skill at you level.  For dg this means the highest floor with prestige on a 5:5 large and probably has all the bonus stuff maxed out as well which is why it's such a large amount of xp.  For summoning while you can level it fast each thing itself doesn't really give that much xp so if limited to a certain amount used it can only give so much xp.
250k in 4 mins is a bit optimistic for dg. they take in account how long it should take you, and howmuch xp you wouldve gained in that time.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Maxed: 6th of August 2012
2496:19th of October 2012
Completionist: 30th of October 2012
2595: 25th of September 2013

#54 Gohankuten

Gohankuten

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:23 AM

View Post100jad, on 20 September 2012 - 12:45 AM, said:

View PostGohankuten, on 19 September 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

250k in 4 mins is a bit optimistic for dg. they take in account how long it should take you, and howmuch xp you wouldve gained in that time.
I think for dg they kinda neglected the time spent portion for it lol.

Posted Image

#55 Sir Sparhawk

Sir Sparhawk

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:27 AM

View PostRamu, on 19 September 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

Only collect the award from one challenge at a time or you will not get the compensation.
Not true I handed 4 in last night and got 4 bags and 4 lots of xp.

View Post[J]osh, on 08 November 2010 - 04:03 AM, said:

You wouldnt call water with a dash of orange pure water cos it only has a little orange in it... would you?

#56 stevembk

stevembk

• RS Name:stevembk

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:18 AM

I got 198k mining xp + a bag full of 49 magic logs all from mining 250 concentrated gold ore. It took me 15 minutes.

What was the reason they nerfed effigies again?

Posted Image

99's: Thieving, Attack, Woodcut, Crafting, Farming, HP, Range, Slayer, Strength, Herblore, Hunter, Firemaking, Summoning, Runecrafting, Magic
CURRENT GOALS: 94/95 Prayer

#57 Robinhoodrs

Robinhoodrs

Banned

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:06 AM

What if Jagex is trying to push these crazy XP rates into the game so everyone gets 99's? Then when RS3 comes out, the new max level is 120? :suspect:

Posted Image

| Singles PKing Team | Twitter.com/EeS_Marco | #DontPanic |

#58 Evidently

Evidently

Join Zchat, Zybez's Fchat

• RS Name:Evidently
  • Clan:Zchat

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:43 AM

I made 120 carved teak magic wardrobes, spent like 700k on the planks to do it and did not get reimbursed, only a spin and 20k construction xp. *sigh*

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#59 Sasha Black

Sasha Black

The Frayed Ends Of Sanity

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:48 AM

View PostCavan, on 19 September 2012 - 05:28 PM, said:

Anyone with bonus XP left to use in their Mad May necklace still has plenty of time to do so: until the 31st of December 2012.

Wooooo
  Mine was used up ~20 minutes after it was released :woeh:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#60 Velits

Velits

Awesome~!

• RS Name:Velits
  • Clan:less
  • Team:Awesome

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:28 AM

I think it's pretty much fun to break your daily RS routine once in a while by doing some challenges. The EXP rewards are very decent too so it is worth your while :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: