20 replies to this topic

#1 Matchu

Matchu

Youngest of the Old

• RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:Zchat

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:18 PM

POPULAR

Hey, this is the discussion topic regarding our Friend Chat: Zchat. If you've not tried it out before, you should definitely stop by for a chat with fellow Runescapers! There's a guide at the bottom of this post if you're not sure how to get there.

Below are our rules and guides on how users should conduct themselves in the chat. These rules are for members and moderators and are designed to promote a good atmosphere in the chat. We don't want to crush conversation but we don't want people to feel uneasy. Please remember, that the rules are (but not limited to):

1. That repeatedly spamming the chat will earn you a kick. The same applies to "flooding" (the mass posting of messages). This also applies to website advertising, account selling, password scamming or any blatant black market activity. You will be kicked.

2. That racism, sexism, homophobia or excessive flaming will earn you a kick without warning. It is the ranked person's discretion of what is considered kick-able or not.

3. For any other offensives (one-off spam, objectionable discussion (including, but not limited to, the discussion botting, hacking & of drugs/illegal substances)) you may receive a warning. If you ignore this warning and continue with this behavior, you will be kicked. It is the ranked person's discretion of what is considered warnable or not.

4. Treat other users with the same courtesy as you would expect. If someone asks a question, try to answer clearly and concisely. If someone is chatting, do not shout them down. Users who persistently attempt to bully, harass or "troll" other users will be kicked.

5. That players who circumvent their kick will be banned from the Chat for a minimum of one week. Players who persistently break the rules may be subject to longer bans within the chat.

6. The language of the chat is English. This is for the convenience of everyone. Any discussion in anything but English will earn a warning.

7. Do not impersonate other individuals by using similar names as ranked users. Individuals who do so to insult or defame others will be kicked without warning.

8. Do not advertise other chats within the Zchat. Your forum signature and "About Me" are there for you to use. We cannot guarantee the content of other chats.

9. Do not fill the chat with questions about a moderator's actions. Take it to private messages or, if you feel the moderator has been unjust then message me with the relevant information.

Bans and Appeals
As part of our mission to ensure Zchat is as great as possible, we've changed the way Appeals work. If you're banned from the chat and wish to appeal, you should use this form and be as detailed as possible. The chat moderators will discuss your appeal and then get back to you as soon as possible. This may take several days.

Two things to consider. The minimum ban is 1 month. If whatever you've done is particularly bad, that could be extended from 1 month to forever or somewhere in-between. We won't consider appeals from anyone who has been banned for less than this. Secondly, if your appeal is rejected for whatever reason, you may not appeal again for 3 months. Any appeals before that deadline will reset the timer (so you'll have to wait 3 months from that point).

FAQ
Below are some of the questions often asked. If you have a question about something not covered, feel free to message me!

I've been banned from the chat, can you unban me?
If you have been kicked from the chat, your ban will expire in an hour. If you have been permanently banned from the chat and you feel this was a mistake or you wish to appeal the ban, please use the Appeals form located here.

What do the stars mean?
The stars are chat ranks. Bronze is Lieutenant, Silver is Captain, Gold is General. A more detailed breakdown can be found here.

Can I have a rank?
Nope, we don't just give ranks out. Ranks are determined by the moderators for those who we deem suitable. If/when you're promoted, your clan chat rank will be adjusted. The General rank (Gold star) is awarded to Moderators, Senior Moderators and Kings. The smiley face rank is awarded to our Veterans of Zchat, people whom the moderating team feels have been in the chat for a large amount of time. It cannot kick.

Is W13 'Zchat'?
No.

The chat's name is Zchat but in the chat it says RSC?
This is intended.

What level combat is Zchat?

Can I buy/sell stuff in the chat?
Yes, but please do not spam it up. A simple "buying/selling X" will do, we don't need the same message 50 times.

Updates to Zchat
Below is a list of updates that've occured to the Friend's Chat.
Spoiler

Guide To using the Chat.

Lastly, some simple guides of how to access our chat. If you're in Runescape 3, please use the guide below:

Spoiler

However, if you're an RS-07 player, please use this guide:

Spoiler

If any of the pictures don't work, please contact me.

Posted Image
Original RSC Member Number: 1191.
Official Zybez Chat: ZChat - details here.
Love is not a victory march.

#2 Matchu

Matchu

Youngest of the Old

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:01 AM

Hello, a few months ago we updated our rank system to include our Veterans of Zchat; you can find more on that in the updates section above. First, let me go through the ranks.
  • Friends: Our smiley faces.
  • Recruit: Any new members to the mod team go in here. These people cannot kick. It's intended as a training rank.
  • Corporal: Where recruits end up after their training period. These people can kick.
  • Sergeant: The 'three bananas' that most people are familiar with. These people have likey been around for quite awhile. Senior Members from the forums will go in at this rank.
  • Lieutenant: The bronze stars. Promoted from Sergeants, these guys and girls will have been in the chat for at least a year, most likely two. This rank is invite only, anyone wanting to attain this will have had to show dedication, commitment and helpfulness in the chat.
  • Captain: The silver stars. Requires a minimum two years in the chat. S/he will have been an integral part of the Zchat community. This position requries the concensus of the Zchat moderation team.
  • General: The gold stars. Reserved for forum moderators and administrators.

At first, it may not look like much has changed. But, the old system was heavily based on the forum ranks. This meant that anyone selected from the chat to moderate (as opposed to the forums) would find it difficult to move up the ranks. Hopefully, under the new system, ranks from the chat will have a fluidity; people within the chat get rewarded for their conduct there.

This is probably the largest reshuffle we've done. Though it might be initially confusing to see old faces at new ranks, we hope you'll bear with us and understand the reasons it was done.

Matchu

Posted Image

#3 Santa Kid

Santa Kid

One is an ordinary chap.

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:07 AM

Feel free to leave comments and provide feedback as to how the ranks can make Zchat a better place to hang out in, guys and girls. After all we are all in this together. :-D

[13/26] * [2,393/2595] * [135/138]
Posted Image
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#4 Evi

Evi

Join Zchat, Zybez's Fchat

• RS Name:Evidently
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:37 AM

I really like this idea, and am glad to see it implemented :D I have spent just about the last 2 years of playing in this friends chat and i must say it is my favorite thing that i got out of from joining the Zybez Community.

#5 Jay

Jay

(ง •̀_•́)ง

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:52 AM

Some needed changes. I miss my zchat rank :cry:

"Men have called me mad, but the question is not yet settled
whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence whether
all that is profound does not spring from disease of thought
from moods of mind exalted at the expense of general intellect"

#6 BrotherVoid1

BrotherVoid1

Retired Completionist

• RS Name:BrotherVoid1
  • Clan:DGS

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:59 AM

This is good to hear, but a bit strange... Some of the people now ranked in chat are people I've never seen or heard speak before.  I guess they're just new to the team.  Should be interesting to see how the new system works out!

Here the ways of men part: if you wish to strive for peace of soul and pleasure, then believe;
if you wish to be a devotee of truth, then inquire…

#7 Velits

Velits

Awesome~!

• RS Name:Velits
  • Clan:less
  • Team:Awesome

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

Very good update. Nice to see that all the ranks are actually being used now. I hope to see some more new faces in zchat soon. Good chat to hang around in with very nice people :wink:

#8 ^jordy

^jordy

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:08 PM

Sounds good to me.

Posted Image

#9 Santa Kid

Santa Kid

One is an ordinary chap.

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:08 PM

View PostBrotherVoid1, on 03 August 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

Some of the people now ranked in chat are people I've never seen or heard speak before. I guess they're just new to the team.
Dakk changed his name to Zoomeneering, if that's what confused you, nothing else has actually happened. :XD:

Edited by Murdoc, 03 August 2012 - 12:09 PM.

[13/26] * [2,393/2595] * [135/138]
Posted Image
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#10 BrotherVoid1

BrotherVoid1

Retired Completionist

• RS Name:BrotherVoid1
  • Clan:DGS

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

View PostMurdoc, on 03 August 2012 - 12:08 PM, said:

Some of the people now ranked in chat are people I've never seen or heard speak before. I guess they're just new to the team.
Dakk changed his name to Zoomeneering, if that's what confused you, nothing else has actually happened. :XD:
XD You actually knew who I was referring to.  Well, nevermind them :-D

Here the ways of men part: if you wish to strive for peace of soul and pleasure, then believe;
if you wish to be a devotee of truth, then inquire…

#11 Isobel

Isobel

• RS Name:Isobel
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:zchat

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:21 PM

View PostBrotherVoid1, on 03 August 2012 - 12:11 PM, said:

Dakk is in protest, everyone else remains the same :-)

Join zchat friends chat in game!

Posted Image

#12 Dakk.

Dakk.

/dyel/

• RS Name:JoJoJoestar
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:31 PM

View PostIsobel, on 03 August 2012 - 12:21 PM, said:

And I will have to keep protesting until next update, according to a jmod post.
Spoiler

Posted Image

#13 Evi

Evi

Join Zchat, Zybez's Fchat

• RS Name:Evidently

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:14 PM

View PostDakk., on 03 August 2012 - 02:31 PM, said:

View PostIsobel, on 03 August 2012 - 12:21 PM, said:

And I will have to keep protesting until next update, according to a jmod post.
Jagex secretly doesn't want you to have 120 dung :evil:

#14 Matchu

Matchu

Youngest of the Old

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:30 PM

Hey, quick update. If you're playing RS-07, we've included a short guide to help you access Zchat from within that section of the game. :-)

Matchu

Posted Image

#15 Spam_Me

Spam_Me

Noob

• RS Name:Spam Me
  • Clan:none
  • Team:none

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:43 PM

Hmmm, a Zybez Friendchat sounds excellent, and "Sargent Spam Me" might have a nice ring to it...

Posted Image

#16 W13

W13
  • RS Name:W13
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:21 PM

Is W13 'Zchat'?
No.
:lol:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"Can't tan pon it long, naw eat no yam, no steam fish, nor no green banana" - Sean Paul

#17 Matt Matt

Matt Matt

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:57 AM

I pop in now and again. It is a nice place full of fantastic people.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Rebekah_xoxo

Rebekah_xoxo

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:02 PM

Im new to zybez, however i find that this idea is quite swell :D
<3

#19 Bactine

Bactine

We Are Legion

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:27 PM

View PostRebekah_xoxo, on 05 January 2014 - 07:02 PM, said:

Im new to zybez, however i find that this idea is quite swell :D
<3

be prepared to loose your sanity :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 ♥ Peter ♥

♥ Peter ♥

P ete R

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:28 PM

Been using the Friendchat a lot lately and already met some really cool people, definitely worth a check in the friendchat for people who haven't been in it yet!

Community Leader Clan Discussion  Clan Fights Clan Videos

Posted Image

Are you Dutch and interested in joining a Dutch PvP/Community clan? Check out Vitality here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: