Jump to content


- - - - -

Warped Terrorbird Task? Don't Skip!


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 orch

orch
  • Posts:1,692
  • Joined:26-July 09
  • RS Name:Orchi
  • RS Status:Inactive
  • Clan:DGS
  • Team:07

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:20 PM

Warped Terrorbirds are found in the poison wastes (you can see the location in the video). You need crystal chime to make it so that you can hit them. With the auto-hit slayer reward, you only need to attack to chime the birds. It's recommended that you have the auto-hit unlocked, although it's not required by any means. You can simply use your crystal chime on the birds alternatively.

It's also highly recommended that you bring cannon, best combat familiar, and SOA for maximum  slayer experience. You should get 65k-80k slayer xp/hr with all the recommended stuff. Melee is also a good alternative, although it's recommended that you use chime, rather than attacking for the birds that spawns south/east. Melee is only slightly worse slayer xp/hr, roughly 2-3k xp/hr worse. You also, should have SS for reliable healing without guthans/unicorn/bunyip/food.

If you're tight with money, you can bring alches and alch the frequent Rune kiteshield, Rune warhammer, and various alchables. Also, loot the bolt tips for extra profits! This will cause your slayer exp to decrease.  Although, if you're not cannoning, you should skip this task. Also, it's rather apm-intensive task, so don't expect to afk and chill for awesome slayer exp!

*note* Go to 10:45 for ideal cannon placement. Also, I'm not 100% sure if that's the most optimized cannon placement, but it's pretty good.


Edited by orch, 08 July 2012 - 02:21 PM.

Posted Image


#2 Broggini

Broggini

    <°))))><)

  • Posts:323
  • Joined:26-June 10
  • RS Name:Broggini
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:'The'

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:38 PM

I had them blocked because I used my crystal for the saw, although I don't really need it anymore and this makes me want to unblock terrorbirds :P

#3 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

    I aim to please!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:15 PM

It was strange when I saw people blocking these because they're a great cannon-able task and relatively weak to most styles. Too bad Kuradel doesn't assign Warped Terrorbirds.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image


#4 BrotherVoid1

BrotherVoid1

    Retired Completionist

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:05 AM

Orki tips r teh best tips =) I knew this one from Warped Tortoises, but most people don't I suppose... Thanks Orch!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image


#5 Echliurn

Echliurn

    Dave Bodom

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:02 AM

Didnt realise theyd be so good but i always used to do warped tasks anyway, nice tip.

Began 2002 - Maxed Melee 2005 - Maxed Combat 2006 - Retired 2013


Xbox Live - Dave_Bodom

Feel free to add for multiplayer


72k / 100k Gamerscore


#6 Fulco

Fulco

    Member

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:51 AM

(16:46:38) <+Robbie> if it gets crowded Fulco I'm blaming you

If robbi blames me, I'm coming for you orchi......
Lmfao hypocrit Lovelost: http://i40.tinypic.com/2uh9w8m.jpg

#7 Black Zeus

Black Zeus

    Junior Member

  • Posts:37
  • Joined:04-November 11
  • RS Name:Senbnzakura
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

ummm I'm 99 slayer and I've never gotten these assigned to me including skeletal wyverns.....o yea and 0 abysaal demon heads.....but i got tons of effigies lol

#8 TheKissRS

TheKissRS

    Member

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:38 AM

I still hate them...

Posted Image

IRC:Kiss


#9 Wats Ronskep

Wats Ronskep

    Member

  • Posts:1,122
  • Joined:16-May 07
  • RS Name:Wats Ronskep
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

I have yet to get a warped terrorbird task, even though I have slained warped tortoises. Those warped terrorbirds were horror during their quest.

Posted Image


#10 tharvey6

tharvey6

    Member

  • Posts:92
  • Joined:15-November 11
  • RS Name:kiw1 steve
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:33 AM

the highest level slayer master to give these as a task is duradel and his maximum assignment is 200 (according to rswiki). In order to obtain 65k slayer xp in an hour, you would need an assignment of approximately 422 terrorbirds (154 xp per bird) so at best a task will give ~30k xp. Also these are not given by kuradel so not many people get them, noone that i know of chooses duradel over kuradel that is looking for maximum slayer xp per hour.

In my opinion there is nothing here that adds to common slayer knowledge, please correct me if im wrong.

Although good effort for putting it all together in one place.
Posted Image

#11 ~ Darky ~

~ Darky ~

    Member

  • Posts:970
  • Joined:29-December 04
  • RS Name:XsDarknesssX
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:41 AM

might look into this if i go back to slaying at some point, I always used to block these back in the day before kuradel came out.

View Posttharvey6, on 17 October 2012 - 02:33 AM, said:

the highest level slayer master to give these as a task is duradel and his maximum assignment is 200 (according to rswiki). In order to obtain 65k slayer xp in an hour, you would need an assignment of approximately 422 terrorbirds (154 xp per bird) so at best a task will give ~30k xp. Also these are not given by kuradel so not many people get them, noone that i know of chooses duradel over kuradel that is looking for maximum slayer xp per hour.

In my opinion there is nothing here that adds to common slayer knowledge, please correct me if im wrong.

Although good effort for putting it all together in one place.

From what I was told awhile back duradel is actually better then Kuradel if your looking for pure slayer exp.  Duradel gives a much larger number of tasks that are cannonable  making the exp better even though you get less per task and have to do more tasks overall.

Completionist Cape Owner


#12 tharvey6

tharvey6

    Member

  • Posts:92
  • Joined:15-November 11
  • RS Name:kiw1 steve
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:15 PM

View Post~ Darky ~, on 17 October 2012 - 07:41 AM, said:

might look into this if i go back to slaying at some point, I always used to block these back in the day before kuradel came out.

View Posttharvey6, on 17 October 2012 - 02:33 AM, said:

the highest level slayer master to give these as a task is duradel and his maximum assignment is 200 (according to rswiki). In order to obtain 65k slayer xp in an hour, you would need an assignment of approximately 422 terrorbirds (154 xp per bird) so at best a task will give ~30k xp. Also these are not given by kuradel so not many people get them, noone that i know of chooses duradel over kuradel that is looking for maximum slayer xp per hour.

In my opinion there is nothing here that adds to common slayer knowledge, please correct me if im wrong.

Although good effort for putting it all together in one place.

From what I was told awhile back duradel is actually better then Kuradel if your looking for pure slayer exp.  Duradel gives a much larger number of tasks that are cannonable  making the exp better even though you get less per task and have to do more tasks overall.

from what ive heard they use kuradel because she gives a greater number of monsters per task reducing travel etc getting new tasks but fair call. I'm only relaying information i guess
Posted Image

#13 orch

orch
  • Posts:1,692
  • Joined:26-July 09
  • RS Name:Orchi
  • RS Status:Inactive
  • Clan:DGS
  • Team:07

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

View Posttharvey6, on 17 October 2012 - 02:33 AM, said:

the highest level slayer master to give these as a task is duradel and his maximum assignment is 200 (according to rswiki). In order to obtain 65k slayer xp in an hour, you would need an assignment of approximately 422 terrorbirds (154 xp per bird) so at best a task will give ~30k xp. Also these are not given by kuradel so not many people get them, noone that i know of chooses duradel over kuradel that is looking for maximum slayer xp per hour.

In my opinion there is nothing here that adds to common slayer knowledge, please correct me if im wrong.

Although good effort for putting it all together in one place.
The xp/hr figures were obtained by (# of kills*exp)/(time spent). The exp figure is accurate, since I did include the time I spent running to there and karamja gloving to lapalok. Yes, you cannot get that much xp in a task, however you will obtain that rate. The unit of xp/hr is an accepted, albeit arbitrary standard for rs players. Even if you don't get 65k xp in a single task, you're still obtaining the rate of 65k xp/hr.

Lapalok is significantly better slayer boss than kuradel for maximum slayer xp rates. It's due to the much higher chance of cannonable tasks and better tasks.

Posted Image


#14 Fulco

Fulco

    Member

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:41 AM

View Posttharvey6, on 17 October 2012 - 11:15 PM, said:

from what ive heard they use kuradel because she gives a greater number of monsters per task reducing travel etc getting new tasks but fair call. I'm only relaying information i guess

Greater number of monsters per task IS an advantage that benefits kuradal, but it isn't the only factor that counts. In the end if you add everything up, lapalok is better for xp/h when it comes to pure slayer xp.
Lmfao hypocrit Lovelost: http://i40.tinypic.com/2uh9w8m.jpg




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana
 
Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt
 
Color: